PDA

View Full Version : 1+1=3

iorek65
18-12-2015, 11:45 PM
Spiritual math of people working together to develop their paths and higher potential further.

The maxim "The sum is greater than the whole" ... some times I ponder that when it comes to spiritual gifts, intuition, abilities and development. The things you are sensitive to ... does it feel like you have certain heightened awareness of them when you meet someone else who can sense the same things?

I guess something inside me perceived those types of connections and vibrations here and drew me here.

Lorelyen
19-12-2015, 01:32 PM
As a "systems"-inspired person it's always been the other way around to me:
"The whole is greater than the sum of its parts"

Think of e.g. a human body - the parts by themselves don't do a lot but combined into a living human it can live, love, grow, play music and eat sweets.

That is, unless I've been misinformed by the message on the back on my Beavis and Butthead box set that invited me to buy it with the blurb: "The whole is greater than some of your parts!"

iorek65
19-12-2015, 03:37 PM
As a "systems"-inspired person it's always been the other way around to me:
"The whole is greater than the sum of its parts"

Think of e.g. a human body - the parts by themselves don't do a lot but combined into a living human it can live, love, grow, play music and eat sweets.

That is, unless I've been misinformed by the message on the back on my Beavis and Butthead box set that invited me to buy it with the blurb: "The whole is greater than some of your parts!"

Nah you're right. That's actually what I meant to say -- The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I just worded it incorrectly -- for some reason it's not showing me the edit button.

So yeah -- that's what I meant to say. Thanks for your reply :)

Mr Interesting
19-12-2015, 08:55 PM
Poor old us humans always getting tied up defining the nature of reality and then there's always that fool who stands back and looks at it from another angle so we have to argue for ages whether or not to embrace that fools new set of standards.

I mean the context of one apple being placed next to another apple to have two apples is that neither of those apples falls on the ground and becomes an apple tree because then it would possibly be all about all sorts of other conditions because suddenly, or a few years later... and time is a condition is it not, that we either have a tree full of apples or we just have a tree without apples... not to mention the possibilities between or that of even more fallen apples making even more trees.