PDA

View Full Version : religion

youngers1810
17-12-2015, 09:46 PM
Hi all
if every person on this planet trusted their inner wisdom
As the truth is higher than any religion

would we be better off with out world religion ?

Lucyan28
17-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Hi all

The issue here is that the "higher truth" is not an absolute thing.

It will always be a subjective thing, not objective :smile:

So what I do is learn what I find useful from religions and any philosophy, and with that my inner wisdom grows, well at least I think so lol.

But what really provides wisdom is life and experience itself.

Rokon
17-12-2015, 11:23 PM
Hi all

Well I'm sure there are tons of people in religion who believe they are trusting their inner wisdom. So who's inner wisdom is best?

You know, I heard someone famous propose something similar.
"love will heal the world".
I thought "cool, so what's the plan?" :wink:

Lorelyen
18-12-2015, 07:24 PM
Religion is a body of dogma usually founded by some kind of inspired person. Someone then uses it to attain power. it's a package deal - we (the religion) take over your spiritual growth and tell you what you should believe and do. And if you're good you earn credits toward heaven/paradise.

It isn't spiritual, to me - accepting second hand ideas from a source that somehow managed to get material/political power. Most religions are politics.

I AM
18-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Hi all

I think that religion is there for beginners and certain people who don't want to make inner exploration a priority. They let somebody else, (usually with no direct experience of there own,) tell them what is right and wrong and how to find a god that they probably read about in a book. Certainly an easy road to money and power for the charismatic .

That said, I do think it has its place. It give those less inclined to search comfort and at least a theoretical connection to the "after life".
I think the idea of "Jesus" is to save those who can't (or won't) save them selves?
But who am I to say, I have my teachers as well.:smile:

Tanemon
18-12-2015, 07:56 PM
Hi all

Hard to say. Personally, I believe in the individual search for truth (coupled with individual inner healing, and an individual familiarity with one's energy channels). This can be pursued without religion, as such. But two other dimensions that religions have provided are social belonging and community moral guidelines.

Having said that, I don't feel that the various moral formulations of the past are in-step with our times - they may be in certain ways, and are definitely not in other ways. But OTOH, rejection of religion can come from a simple rebellion against ethical consciousness and any sort of self-restraint.
Religion is a body of dogma usually founded by some kind of inspired person. Someone then uses it to attain power. it's a package deal - we (the religion) take over your spiritual growth and tell you what you should believe and do.
Well, you might say Christianity started out with a charismatic healer & teacher (Jesus) as its "founder" - but only in a sense. He was well known to a small number of close disciples and somewhat known by crowds who were drawn to him out of hope, need, curiosity or whatever. I can't see that dogma started with Jesus. The religion was gradually codified by his disciples and by people like Paul of Tarsus ("Saint Paul"), and then gradually went into a phase of institutionalization. But, from what history tells us, people were attracted to "christianity" and only quite a bit later did the political element and power-wielding aspects develop.

With Buddhism after Gautama died there gradually developed the conservative interpretation (that attempts to follow Gautama's ethics and yogic practices) and the more liberal interpretation that condoned creative elaboration and philosophical speculation (which led to the development of a broader range of yogic practices). But that took centuries, and initially (again) I think people were attracted to Buddhist teachings, and scholars seem to agree there was no force involved in spreading Buddhism. So there's little political dimension in its history.
The issue here is that the "higher truth" is not an absolute thing.

It will always be a subjective thing, not objective :smile:

So what I do is learn what I find useful from religions and any philosophy, and with that my inner wisdom grows, well at least I think so lol.

But what really provides wisdom is life and experience itself.
I tend to see it this way, too.

Lorelyen
18-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Well, you might say Christianity started out with a charismatic healer & teacher (Jesus) as its "founder" - but only in a sense. He was well known to a small number of close disciples and somewhat known by crowds who were drawn to him out of hope, need, curiosity or whatever. I can't see that dogma started with Jesus. The religion was gradually codified by his disciples and by people like Paul of Tarsus ("Saint Paul"), and then gradually went into a phase of institutionalization. But, from what history tells us, people were attracted to "christianity" and only quite a bit later did the political element and power-wielding aspects develop.

As I see the history of the formal Christian church, The Church of Rome set up by Constantine and the Nicene Council, it deliberately avoided many teachings of Jesus. To make it work it needed a God out there so people could look to an icon. Jesus cane to importance because he could be portrayed not just as an emissary but the son of God. If Constantine and his bishops could bring that off, it validated the God idea.

It was important to portray Jesus as divine, not human. The problem seems to have been that Jesus' teachings didn't align too well with this scheme.

So, there was Constantine who had witnessed the strength of Christian belief while marauding across Europe. If he could persuade Romans to acquire that same intensity he could turn it into an arm of control.

At his time - as you'll know - Christianity was a mass of factions that needed "standardising". Hence pulling them together at Nicaea and telling them not to leave until they'd agreed on a single doctrinaire. He also oversaw what they were up to and rejected any gospels from the Bible that didn't fit in with a divine Christ.

Hence only the canonical gospels got into the Bible along with the outpourings of that neurotic, Paul. (Just an aside, they must have had qualms about Revelations because of the 7 hills! I understand that book was proscribed for Catholics until mid-last century). Constantine ordered 50 copies of the resultant Bible "for approval".

So the Bishop(s) of Rome could point to the sky where God lived - then point to Jesus as "proof" of their claims with warnings of hellfire if Christians didn't obey them, probably quoting wrath from the Old Testament.

But the Vatican/Papal corruption quickly became apparent, a matter taken up by Calvin eventually.

As for the rejected gospels, Constantine ordered them to be destroyed. Unfortunately, some were hidden away to be unearthed recently, so we can now read a lot more of Jesus' teachings. (And also a bit about the infighting and jealousies of their authors!)

So to me, the Christian faith as finally formalised, doesn't represent what Jesus taught...or was.

Just my take on it. A very abridged pick at the history, obviously!

MIND POWER
18-12-2015, 09:21 PM
A deep psychological, emotional and spiritual job, has really been done on mankind to mess us up throughout the century's. I am talking about emotional and mind control through religions and their fears, and confusion through the restriction of real knowledge and history! i mean, history is written by its victors remember that......

(But remember this, there is truth in all religions! its just that things have been twisted and inverted here and there! for a laugh by princey boy..haha)...

So right about now as we speak! if everybody trusted their inner wisdom! after century's of looking up in the sky, after century's of looking up to authority to tell them right from wrong! we would probably be living in complete chaos! even more so than now. Because people don't know what true human nature is, and i am not trying to claim that i do totally! i am a modest man.

We have got laws for a reason, they are symptom of! humans not knowing innately and intuitively what true human nature is. And in my opinion that's the whole point of spirituality, to know thyself! remember what true human nature is! ultimately! remember who we are and what we can do!

(Bad people need Laws, Good People don't.....they just know!).

At some point in history, human's innately knew! who they where and how to act in accordance with cosmic law! if you look back in history, i would say ancient Egypt/Kemet remembered more than us! until they disappeared! and also Ancient Greece also knew abit, until they also started in my opinion! forgetting and acting in ways that lead to their demise (Which i have spoken about before).

But it was during those two civilizations that, maybe humans knew abit more about true human nature & inner wisdom in comparison to today! forget the technology you see today, again that's just a symptom of humans not having any idea of who they are in my opinion.

But the good new is, people are looking inward and working on their inner wisdom! and remembering slowly but surely. In a world that does not want you to remember, you just have to keep one foot in the system! and another foot in the real stuff which is trying to remember and grow spirituality...hahaha.

I Sound like a good boy......