PDA

View Full Version : Mind, Body, and Spirit

Moonglow
05-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Hello,

Placing this question here.

Why is it that the Mind, Body, and Spirit seem to get separated, by some, in regards to referring/discussing them?

For it feels and seems to play out that is what "we" are being while experiencing this life.

There are thoughts, consciousness, awareness, perspectives, perceptions, and insights which seem to be of or with in the Mind.

There are emotions, senses of seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, tasting, pain, and comfort which seem to be of or with in the Body.

There is presence, mystery, sense of being alive, intuition, and sense of something eternal which seem to be of or with in the Spirit.

I just don't see these being just of "us", but of all that is alive and vibrates.

So, wonder where is the division?

For in this I also see and experience at times division.

But, it does make me wonder why such is chosen. Yes, depends on the individual, yet it seems Spirit does not hold such, IMO. If this be so and Spirit is with in or "we" are of Spirit then it does bring a wonder to me.

Sure thee is the survival thing and holding territory for resources uses, but there seems an unspoken agreement of sorts that somehow it works together and no need to take more then what is needed.

Wonder if some (humans)) have simply lost touch with this?

It seems to be more of looking at how the Mind, Body, and Spirit can work and does work together and coming to acceptance and/or peace with oneself and others that perhaps the division can be closed and a sense of unity can be found.

For if one is at odds with oneself, then wouldn't one be at odds with everything else?

This seems to be what is brought to my attention to pay attention to. Don't have it down packed, see it more as what comes with living life as the Human-Being.

So, presenting some thoughts on this.

What do you all think?

naturesflow
05-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Hello,

Why is it that the Mind, Body, and Spirit seem to get separated, by some, in regards to referring/discussing them?

As children in this world being raised by parents and others already in this way, we become a product of what was and is. Our earliest influences create many things, so unless you as a child were able to maintain awareness of the whole self, through modelling and validation then it will only express itself as it knows itself to be.

For it feels and seems to play out that is what "we" are being while experiencing this life.

We are on some level all trying to find our way home. I call home the whole self in feeling, where you are aware of yourself in the way you mentioned and take care of you in this way. The unknown is always making itself known through a whole host of you playing out in this world one with others..

[QUOTE]There are thoughts, consciousness, awareness, perspectives, perceptions, and insights which seem to be of or with in the Mind.

There are emotions, senses of seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, tasting, pain, and comfort which seem to be of or with in the Body.

There is presence, mystery, sense of being alive, intuition, and sense of something eternal which seem to be of or with in the Spirit.

I just don't see these being just of "us", but of all that is alive and vibrates.

You cant disregard any aspect of life if you wish to open to the potential of your full authentic self and feel that deeper connection in you.
Nothing is left out of that space, everything is included. So acceptance runs deep from the highest heights of space to the deepest roots and foundation in mother earth. It is all part of the whole. And everything in between from every angle you look in or out.

The division is in the whole that conditions us. The whole is the whole world around us, the external reflections that we as a child weigh ourselves up against to develop our own sense of self. So what is around us influences our greater picture of the *we* are one source together in this life, creating the vision for our children in so many ways. We are a product of the whole until we seek to be something beyond that view within, as the whole source..

But, it does make me wonder why such is chosen. Yes, depends on the individual, yet it seems Spirit does not hold such, IMO. If this be so and Spirit is with in or "we" are of Spirit then it does bring a wonder to me.

It just is, where I land and live out through others and myself. From spiritual perspective is it random and that we land where we do? Or, in the nature of the whole unfolding it might be seen as both random and orchestrated by the nature of the whole itself? Creation and balance is the nature of the greater nature, so we become part of that picture as one source together. We create from the nature of what is in every way...inclusive of our children and how the feel and see the world.

Sure thee is the survival thing and holding territory for resources uses, but there seems an unspoken agreement of sorts that somehow it works together and no need to take more then what is needed.

If you take more and it affects the balance then it will balance itself in some form. The agreement is creation and nature in balance. Where we take too much from one side or aspect of creation, then it will balance itself out in some form on all levels. Even though we may only see through the human perspective at times what is happening on the surface, there are layers upon layers reflected in that space through the whole..everything so intricately bound as one flowing movement and state together..everything is connected and affected if we open to allow this in us to deepen our own connection.

Well many have yes..

It seems to be more of looking at how the Mind, Body, and Spirit can work and does work together and coming to acceptance and/or peace with oneself and others that perhaps the division can be closed and a sense of unity can be found.

Uhuh..for sure..:)
For if one is at odds with oneself, then wouldn't one be at odds with everything else?

Uhuh. This can happen. We are the sum of the whole in us, how we feel, how we view the world and how we take in and give out. The infinite flow is us as one whole source together. Even as we might not show our surface odds with the world, what we are is what comes through the whole, their is no hiding what is being born of what had already been created, as a whole host. It all flows through even as we might try to hide or fake it, shun or push aside. So the self will expose what is not in balance of itself, and what is not in balance of others in you as one source. I can't leave anything or anyone out of me, in this unified view I hold in myself.

Seems to me your very much on to something important for yourself and awareness of others..as your own reflection..:wink:

Mr Interesting
05-12-2015, 08:47 PM
I know (as in agree) because the chainsaw will not work when you pull it apart and have all the bit's scattered but if it isn't going so well it pretty much comes down to isolating all the bit's that form that togetherness that works and then isolating which part or bit isn't helping the whole to do the job it's supposed to... I mean it'd be real nice if everything just went well and performed as required the whole time but even then how do we know it's even going as well as it could?

So theres always the interplay between doing and being as it is and improvement if at all possible and I think the trick, as it were, is that if you do pull something apart then don't get too sidetracked in designing a whole new thing and leaving the poor machine in bits... put it back together and do the work which was the initial requirement and low and behold... the stuff to make a new improved version kinda comes along without trying.

Rah nam
05-12-2015, 10:03 PM
It is very simple, we are spirit and never the body/mind complex.
The body/mind is part of the planetary consciousness the Logos.
We the spirit us the body/mind, by connecting to it as a learning tool, one could say. And when the body dies we leave and at some point connect to an other body, unless we choose not to incarnate.
The point is, we never at any point become the body/mind.
The body/mind/spirit complex can be seen as a symbiosis.
We as spirits learn, and the planet benefits by enhancing and speeding up it's own development. This last sentence should be seen in general across the verse, not necessarily for planet Earth.

engellstein
05-12-2015, 10:06 PM
I kinda view the various bodies like the various organs that make up the body, or the chakras that make up the etheric body. They are all separate but are designed to work in concert. So if you have a digestion problem you don't look at the body as a whole but focus in on the digestive system organs. If you have an emotional problem you focus in on your energy systems that handle those emotions.

Greenslade
06-12-2015, 09:34 AM

For if one is at odds with oneself, then wouldn't one be at odds with everything else?My Guide and I were talking, sometimes we have silly conversations but they tend to spur things in me and plant the seed that further thought enjoys the growth of. "What is the Spirituality of sitting on the toilet?" Most Spiritual people would dismiss the idea instantly because they are, after all, Spiritual people and sitting on the toilet doesn't have anything to do with Spirituality. And therein lies the awareness. For the fun of it I followed the idea through and found a sliver of Self awareness.

We are multi-dimensional beings and we need the 'tools' to be able to do that, the Mind-Body-Spirit connection is a set of 'tools' that helps us 'operate' at different dimensions/densities. I'd say the ego is a part of that process too and although it usually gets some really bad press it's useful in its own way.

Sitting on the toilet means you've gone through the process of going to the supermarket, buying food and eating it - all pretty mundane stuff. But if you stopped that process, how soon would your Spiritual Development come to an abrupt halt? Spiritually we go through the same process. We ingest the posts of others, digest them then..... :smile:

Lorelyen
06-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Hello,
What do you all think?

The separation of spirit and mind-body is really down to the older religions. To make their ideas a decent proposition the priests had to invent gods out there, otherwise they wouldn't be able to peddle their ideas/scriptures. Effectively they commandeered people's responsibility spiritual development (like doctors have, people's health) - hence the separation. The managed to segregate bodily things like sexuality which they could pronounce on, but only in how it related to spiritual life.

Mind and body came up as separate fields of study. Ancient philosophy was streets ahead of physiology/biology. Even until Bertalanffy (20th Century biologist and an early "systems thinker") the cell was thought of as a bag of chemicals bestowed with this mysterious property called life.

Spiritually inspired people don't make this separation. "Mind Spirit Body" is probably a handy title to sections in bookshops that would attract the right audience of newcomers who have yet to be aware of their integration.

no1wakesup
06-12-2015, 02:37 PM
Hello,

There are thoughts, consciousness, awareness, perspectives, perceptions, and insights which seem to be of or with in the Mind.

For in this I also see and experience at times division.

This seems to be what is brought to my attention to pay attention to. Don't have it down packed, see it more as what comes with living life as the Human-Being.

So, presenting some thoughts on this.

What do you all think?

The spirit, mind and body works or unfolds together perfectly...it is fragmented and compartmentalized only by our intellectual process. It is that separate one there which assumes and maintains control of an otherwise natural and harmonious expression. That is the disconnect one seems to have in this life. We come in to this world as god incarnate (as an infant), develop the earliest boundaries (sense of separation), know experience as my experience (ego) and either experience a collapse of that entire process and conditioning before we die in the physical.. or not (liberation)

Moonglow
06-12-2015, 08:30 PM
Hello,

Thank you for all the great responses, thoughts, and insights.

Conditioning has been presented and this seems to me to be a factor in what may cause division.

There is also the thought that it may not be so much as conditioning as it is how one lives with these and projects it out into the world.

Some things I hold as being mine and don't feel it is my place to force these upon another.
It is also for me to be open and to see not so much as division as diversities. Which is everywhere.

I guess for me it is that while living this life am not divided or separate from what this life reflects and the person being experienced at the moment.

Went through periods of being at odds with myself. Guess, was finding who I am and in ways conforming as to how I thought should be. So, the division was not that life and Spirit were away from me, but I as a whole person was away from me. (if that makes sense).

Through this felt divided for knew I was not being real with myself and my mental health suffered for it, had low esteem. Was kind to others, but not myself.

Then I let it go, the need to please others and live up to their standards, which to me is impossible and to live according to my own.
This change in thinking brought more acceptance of myself and felt better and lighter.

Able to laugh at my follies and more open with others. Yes, still the need to protect myself, but done more in what is sensed then in a knee jerk reaction sort of way.

Sharing this to show how I have come to see the connections with in myself. Felt always a presence with me and through life experience and grow into how it is revealed and reflected in all things.
Which further brings a sense of wholeness.

Yet, also see divisions and conflict and still do battle when these arise with in myself. But, they do pass if not held onto too long and seem to go along with life.

As our bodies recycle, use, and dispense with what is consumed, so does our minds.
What is projected out into the world and may seem as waste is used and recycled by something.
We recycle what has been passed down and may add our own twist to it and in this it seems to expand and become something fresh and new.
These too weave into the tapestry of life and flow into the stories passed down.

So, it seems with nature as well. Which further brings to mind how much we are of and reflection of nature.

Spirit seems to ride along and perhaps in its own way inspires and help weave and further tell the tale.

Well, went on a bit here, but suppose it is to look more at that which binds as oppose to that which divides
that brings a sense of unity. With the whole of oneself and that which life may bring.

Any further thoughts are always welcomed