PDA

View Full Version : What happens to childhood karma?

Baybee123
04-12-2015, 12:35 PM
I have done a few "bad" things while I was a child/teens. My friends circle wasn't great and I ended up following their footsteps.
Now I am completely different and try my best to do good to everyone.
I know that you carry karma of this lifetime onto next lifetime but what happens to the deeds you've done as a child or a teenager? I'm sure you aren't aware of what is good and what is bad. Do you still have to clear the karma?

Shinsoo
04-12-2015, 01:23 PM
They still carry over I believe. Spirituality is always about accepting ones own responsibilities to be the best person they can.

For starters, I'd forgive yourself for acting the way you did, but without hiding behind the fact you were a kid. Just a simple "I'm really sorry for not behaving the way I truly am." Then, I'd go about thinking just why hounded those things--what was the reason, the belief(s) you held/hold.

Then work on addressing those reasons and fixing the belief they stemmed from into a more positive one.

Shrek
04-12-2015, 01:25 PM
I always see in Karma the cause is what important not the effect. We might have done wrong deeds before. No need to be worry about the effect. Sure they will come back to us though, according to karma law.

But what we must be worry is whether the cause still there or not? We can change only the cause. No more bad deed from now on. Or at least we reduce it.

I will gladly accept all the effect from the bad deeds I have done before as logical consequences. I take the responsible fully. Now I train to fear the cause or wrong deeds. Avoid them as much as possible.

If I have mistakes I will acknowledge it and ask for forgiveness to the right people. And learn from it.

IMO This is how we clear Karma, by stop doing bad things.

froebellian
04-12-2015, 01:38 PM
Karma is ongoing, and you can make amends now in the acts you carry out now to rebalance what you did.

Kind and unselfish acts rebalance, as well as reaching out to those who you wronged.

naturesflow
04-12-2015, 10:24 PM
I have done a few "bad" things while I was a child/teens. My friends circle wasn't great and I ended up following their footsteps.
Now I am completely different and try my best to do good to everyone.
I know that you carry karma of this lifetime onto next lifetime but what happens to the deeds you've done as a child or a teenager? I'm sure you aren't aware of what is good and what is bad. Do you still have to clear the karma?

Conditioned mind will tell you what you think and how it feels.

Karma is you in every way of you isn't it?

Rah nam
05-12-2015, 03:17 AM
It matters only where you are now and where you are at, at the end of your life. Not where you have been. Past in not important, only the present.

naturesflow
05-12-2015, 03:49 AM
It matters only where you are now and where you are at, at the end of your life. Not where you have been. Past in not important, only the present.

Have you ever witnessed someone going through the dying process where you have glimpses into their reality...Its like a merging of sorts, taking them back, moving through the whole self as it was, opening to certain points in them that stand out. So I am not sure we can say for another what is important in that process, they go where they will and need to go..

Shaunc
05-12-2015, 06:00 AM
Karma always has to be paid, good or bad. If you have changed you are probably also accumulating some good karma so while the exchange of karma has to happen if there's also some good things coming into your life the bad won't seem as bad as if it was only the bad karma coming in.
Try to think of karma as a natural law, much the same as gravity. It really doesn't matter whether you think it's good or bad, just or unjust, fair or unfair. It just is , and your life will be a lot easier if you work inside it's parameters.

Mr Interesting
05-12-2015, 07:05 AM
I'd suggest forgetting about the karma angle, it's well past it's use by date, and maybe have a look at the role of conscience. If those things you remember as bad came with the twinge of conscience when they happened and it was ignored and it was done anyways then you live with the realisation, the guilt, which is a way of us learning to hear our conscience but if there was no conscience there at the time then the repercussions were of a sort where you then defined it as bad because of those repercussions, guilt as well, maybe that's a conscience developing. Either way the debt is paid because the lesson is learned even whilst there never was a debt even if we read a developing conscience that way.

It is not so tricky to define the difference between bad and naughty... bad is bad because it hurts you, you feel it, it makes you guilty, it makes remorse and all of this teaches us what good is... so it's not really bad and naughty, well that's just when other people have to give up money because one either wrecks their stuff or steals it... whatever, that's just naughty and you don't really have to worry about that 'cause its just stuff and someone will steal or wreak yours, doesn't matter, it's just naughty and a bit in-efficient.

Greenslade
05-12-2015, 09:10 AM
Now I am completely different and try my best to do good to everyone. Exactly, so drop the judgement because you'll only end up with a guilt trip. You've 'learned your lessons' and that's what it was all about, you're a better person because of it. The ones you were 'bad to' will learn theirs in their own way, forgiveness perhaps being one of them. Karma as in judgement makes no sense at all, it's blinkering if anything because once you lock onto karma you lock out everything else and there's much more happening. It can also be detrimental because if you've 'tried to be a good person' and you think you deserve the nice things, what happens when they don't come your way?

naturesflow
05-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Exactly, so drop the judgement because you'll only end up with a guilt trip. You've 'learned your lessons' and that's what it was all about, you're a better person because of it. The ones you were 'bad to' will learn theirs in their own way, forgiveness perhaps being one of them. Karma as in judgement makes no sense at all, it's blinkering if anything because once you lock onto karma you lock out everything else and there's much more happening. It can also be detrimental because if you've 'tried to be a good person' and you think you deserve the nice things, what happens when they don't come your way?

Huh, that feels like your telling another how to be..Is that a good thing or not I wonder?

Greenslade
05-12-2015, 11:24 AM
Huh, that feels like your telling another how to be..Is that a good thing or not I wonder?Wonder away.

naturesflow
05-12-2015, 12:50 PM
Wonder away.

Thanks.:tongue:

Rah nam
05-12-2015, 10:35 PM
Have you ever witnessed someone going through the dying process where you have glimpses into their reality...Its like a merging of sorts, taking them back, moving through the whole self as it was, opening to certain points in them that stand out. So I am not sure we can say for another what is important in that process, they go where they will and need to go..

You will never find that I tell anyone what to do or not to do.
What I talk about are basic principals which can be correct or incorrect.

naturesflow
05-12-2015, 10:47 PM
You will never find that I tell anyone what to do or not to do.
What I talk about are basic principals which can be correct or incorrect.

We each speak in our own unique way, I guess I have learned through a whole host of relating that one way doesn't fit all, but trusting in many ways can serve someone..if I allow it in the way it wants to be.