PDA

View Full Version : empath question

Angelina
29-11-2015, 11:31 AM
I'm quite new to spirituality and only realised I was an empath last year so I I'm still learning and developing my coping and protection tools

The way I have been protecting myself is the usual mirrors, light, angels, reiki, affirmations etc

I have realised today though that mainly I have been hiding or running from negative people and isolating myself

I'm not sure this is the best way for my development as surely I need the negatives to be able to grow and heal for myself and others

So my questions to more advanced souls here living as empaths are:

What do you think?

Should I let the negative people and emotions flow over me or through me?

I personally think it's better that energy is allowed to flow rather than be blocked but I'm concerned on the outcome to myself, if that makes sense at all.

I'm sure it's all about balance but how does one achieve that so it's best for all?

Thank you in advance :hug2:

sky
29-11-2015, 11:35 AM
I'm quite new to spirituality and only realised I was an empath last year so I I'm still learning and developing my coping and protection tools

The way I have been protecting myself is the usual mirrors, light, angels, reiki, affirmations etc

I have realised today though that mainly I have been hiding or running from negative people and isolating myself

I'm not sure this is the best way for my development as surely I need the negatives to be able to grow and heal for myself and others

What do you think?

I personally think it's better that energy is allowed to flow rather than be blocked but I'm concerned on the outcome to myself, if that makes sense at all.

I'm sure it's all about balance but how does one achieve that so it's best for all?

Each to their own, whatever works best for you. I personally let it flow through.

Rah nam
29-11-2015, 11:39 AM
That depends on your own state of awareness.

Greenslade
29-11-2015, 11:53 AM
There is only a need for 'balance' when one is set against the other, like positive and negative. Being honest, many people have told me that this is negative, that is positive and nobody has yet to come up with a way to define how to tell which is which. Emotions are energy and energy is neither positive nor negative, how we judge or perceive the energy makes it positive or negative. What we resist persists and the more we resist the more there is to resist because an energy dynamic builds up. Think of how a disagreement quickly becomes a battle.

Do what comes naturally to you, whatever works best for you. But isn't part of being an empath experiencing the energy so that you can understand the person it comes from better and perhaps help them? Remember though that while energy flows to you it also flows away from you, if you allow the flow of other people's energies to you also allow them to flow away so that you don't have any of their residual energy left inside you. You can also let the energy flow past you by imagining yourself as 'aerodynamic' or 'transparent' to the energies, let them simply flow past or through you but still perceive it just the same - and let them keep on flowing past until they're gone. Energy only stays if we hold onto it.

naturesflow
29-11-2015, 12:13 PM

What do you think?

I can only speak of my own journey and process, I personally allow myself to open fully in feeling to what is coming in. In doing it this way, I have let go of any of my own stuff related or making things stick, to clear out and become an open clear channel, which naturally supports me now in numerous ways of being an empath open and feeling fully. Balance in process is about taking care of you first and foremost, so that becomes like a check in point, to tend to your needs, get grounded and clear and then take the next step into life..

Most empaths I know, suffer overwhelm and fear to open fully in feeling. They often hide away as to not feel certain things in the world. From my experience it can be difficult, but on this side from walking through, I now feel less vulnerable, less sensitive where I have to hide and protect, more open, flowing with and more feeling grounded.

Angelina
29-11-2015, 01:05 PM
:smile: Thank you for you responses I really appreciate you taking time to reply, all have given me food for thought and I will read over and over again before moving forward

Jatd
29-11-2015, 02:17 PM
I think it depends on the day, the moment, the energy.. for me anyway.
There are times when I simply don't feel strong enough or cannot handle the energies and I must recluse or isolate myself and I am perfectly ok with that now. Before I didn't know how to protect myself and so I was filled with anxieties and anger etc... now I listen to what I can handle.

There are also days when i feel much stronger and prepared to handle those negative energies and on those days I do.. but its true they almost always exhaust me.

So listen to yourself, trust yourself and know when you are strong enough and when you are not. Either way, its ok.

Courtesyofmind
01-12-2015, 03:07 AM
Angelina, Im glad you posted this. I've also had abilities awaken recently and have been wondering the same! You aren't alone. I've also isolated myself for similar reasons. I've thought about the reason behind it, and came to the conclusion that whatever's happening is necessary for our spiritual advancement and in our best interest. For me, social isolation helped me absorb and understand what was happening to me without distraction. These new horizons can be very taxing both Emotionally and mentally, sometimes we just need time alone with our thoughts to acclimate at a comfortable pace. There may come a time (if it hasn't already) that more and more abilities will start to "wake up". It may feel like you have been thrown into a new reality. It can get pretty intense! If that time comes, Trust your intuition, Trust that your spiritual team will always be with you to guide you through it. SF is also a great place with so many helpful people. This site has really become an invaluable resource for me. Feel free to contact me if you ever want to chat with someone "in your shoes" so to speak. :) Good luck to you!