PDA

View Full Version : Losing Memory.

loved48
29-11-2015, 04:46 AM
Really don't know where this would be best placed so if it doesn't belong here, then please move it.

This last month I have noticed I am forgetting quite often. You know when you are in one room and think of something and you head to the other room to do it, and boom!, you get there and forget what you wanted to do.

My sister has complained of doing this also.
Yesterday, I was visiting my brother and he said his memory was getting really bad. It seems strange that all three of us would start going senile at the same time. lol
My question is, anyone else on here having this problem?

I just talked to my grandson who is 16 and he said he has been having the problem a lot recently.

Inika
29-11-2015, 05:08 AM
Really don't know where this would be best placed so if it doesn't belong here, then please move it.

This last month I have noticed I am forgetting quite often. You know when you are in one room and think of something and you head to the other room to do it, and boom!, you get there and forget what you wanted to do.

My sister has complained of doing this also.
Yesterday, I was visiting my brother and he said his memory was getting really bad. It seems strange that all three of us would start going senile at the same time. lol
My question is, anyone else on here having this problem?

I just talked to my grandson who is 16 and he said he has been having the problem a lot recently.

It's resembling your lack of being in the now. When you were in one room and thought of something in the next room, then by the time you get there you forget. It's showing you how out of focus you are in being in the NOW. You are so busy in your thoughts of yesterday, of her, of him, of last sundays discussion over a meal that by the time you got to the room BAM it's gone...why am I here? Too busy NOT being present and in the now can make us very forgetful.

Deepsoul
29-11-2015, 06:12 AM
It can also be the opposite as well when you do alot of now living youre not concerned with remembering much..remembering with your heart is always wonderful though

Thunder Bow
29-11-2015, 04:34 PM
I would advise to check with your doctor and be tested for dementia. The more you know, the more you go.

sky
29-11-2015, 04:38 PM
I would say to practise mindfulness that might help you.

Miss Hepburn
29-11-2015, 04:56 PM
In only 3 days you will notice a difference with just
1 heaping tablespoon of ExVirgin Organic Coconut Oil in your diet daily.
Then, take at least 75 mg of Co Q10
100 mg Alpha lipoic acid.
900 mg of DHA...part of the Omega 3s
10mg of DHEA
And I forget how much of EPA...not just Fish oil.
50-100mg of L-glutothione...don't mix up with L-glutamine which is much cheaper....but excellent for BMs.

I never tell anyone to try anything that I have not.
Otherwise I preface it with a Dr. XX said this...

Take all the above for a week and then come back and tell us...

You can cook with coconut oil...but if you would like to see faster results (haha than 3 days even)
Put a teaspoon in your coffee...instead of milk or nothing.

(It actually would help to stop anything with molds..spores, fungus...
no bottled juices, no aged cheese, no feta, no grains or anything made with flour, no nuts or butters,
no potatoes (140 diff molds on them), no tofu,
and nothing with corn products! Nothing with 'partially hydrogenated oils...chips, crackers!
For a minimum of just 2 weeks...if you are serious about this.)

This is just so you will SEE ...then you will continue naturally...as
you fall back into these and see what they do to you!

Haha, good test...eat simply and cleanly for 3 days...org chicken, org veggies, pure water, org coffee
with the above....then on the 4th day ...This will be funny...
eat a few mushrooms...haha, then a piece of bread with peanut butter.
Case closed. Walk around for a few hours...hahahaha! :wink:

PS there is not a silo or warehouse or storage bin that does not have mold...making microtoxins....such as
the aflitoxins from the corn in the dry dogfood that killed so
many pets in the Northeast US a few years back.

Healthy people can handle them...and pooh-pooh all of the above...well, of course, they do.

3 days, my friend...esp using the coffee the way I said. :wink:

Clover
29-11-2015, 05:31 PM
Nice Tip Ms.Hep.

Diet is a big one. There are foods that slow us down, for example, glucose which is found in breads, pasta, sugars. The substance tells your brain to shut off a chemical called corexin, which is known to trigger alertness to the brain. Also, deficiency in vitamins is worth looking into.

My grandmother had Alzheimers, and my dad is showing early symptoms ( 60's) Something to look into since its a gradual process. A common symptom is forgetting what you say, so you repeat it to people.

That saying, everyone gets forgetful. Like myself, its having to do a hundred things with a deadline. I also have to constantly hide things so my kids won't get into them. After a while I just forget the hiding places. Doh.. I don't have the time to find a method, I just wing it. :biggrin:

Good article on forgetfulness
https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/publication/forgetfulness#age

Mr Interesting
02-12-2015, 06:43 PM
I am so forgetful that it has become my way of remembering.

All the useless stuff, and even the useful gets chucked out regardless, and that seems to let other stuff arise which makes sense.

I learned years ago that if anything is lost then completely forget about it and then let it find you... if indeed it even wants found.

Over time a trust builds up. Whatever one needs arrives and if nothing arrives the absolutely and positively... do nothing, nothing at all and enjoy it. Such treasures as one might never imagine then come sneaking up to surprise you!

And I wonder about doctors with all their doors. Why do they have so many doors?