PDA

View Full Version : Darkness & Light

i, monster
23-11-2015, 06:21 PM
To me, I see darkness as a source of creativity. I access it a lot when I want to write or otherwise create. It's comfortable for me aesthetically, and a lot of my spirituality is funneled through my creative drive. The problem has to do with balance.

It's something I'm working on, attempting to balance my darkness with my light. They way I see it, thinking, for me, is darkness and being in the world is light.

I read a lot of books about reclaiming the shadow, journeying to the dark goddess or even the alchemical interpretation of darkness (prima materia).

I've also, just in general, had bad experiences with light. It's generally interpreted by me as a void, an emptiness, and that's why I'm not keen on integrating it.

I want to know how I can better integrate light into my life. Should I read more books about the subject? Should I meditate and focus on breathing in light? I just want to make sure I can have balance because I've run into this problem before.

Baile
23-11-2015, 06:39 PM
n/m.......

yeshee camar
23-11-2015, 07:20 PM
i just trying to solve the project- write that there are no issues on reclaiming confidented soothed-headed darkness as sures. would that be needed. a normal comforting festive careless splashey bound-free darkness, that, man does not live by good and raise-on light alone. by light is permised what is needed, and by dark we huge by comforted, and our aims are high and pumping whats bright like feel goods and after-mazing just doing dore - compadre loving.

|||||||||| ||||||||||
-- -- -- -- --

Thunder Bow
23-11-2015, 07:24 PM
You cannot have day without night. It is a balance, and each need each other.

sky
23-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Look at the yin/yang symbol. Yin is dark Yang is light but each have the small seeds of the opposite, each exists in the other and each needs the other to exist.

Greenslade
23-11-2015, 08:28 PM
I want to know how I can better integrate light into my life. Should I read more books about the subject? Should I meditate and focus on breathing in light? I just want to make sure I can have balance because I've run into this problem before.
I go with Jung on this one, his interpretation of alchemy and the Prima Materia. The dark is the source of the Prima Materia and when there's no conflict between light and dark there's no need for a balance, you can use what suits you best at the time. The Universe doesn't seem to have a problem with the existence of anything in particular because it simply allows everything to exist - all consciousness is 'good' consciousness.

Empty is full of potential and you don't need to integrate what you already are.

Rokon
23-11-2015, 08:37 PM
To me, I see darkness as a source of creativity. I access it a lot when I want to write or otherwise create. It's comfortable for me aesthetically, and a lot of my spirituality is funneled through my creative drive. The problem has to do with balance.
I don't know how one could "integrate" more light. It seems like if you just used your mind it would be insincere, "faking it". Do you DESIRE more light? Heart is known as the balancer/regulator between polarities. But if your heart is blocked, or weak then you wouldn't be able to fake that for very long either. Have you tried chakra meditations? Maybe it would at least show you more about yourself.

yeshee camar
23-11-2015, 09:03 PM
i just wanna leave me to add that 'what is not a reject - we're gonna go for,' doesnt matter like that it be dark with light or harder on horray- that's got true guts for go by.
key : what is not a reject - what as up to go for. a follow to whats right - inside. a just easy, right ( .... .... ? ).

---- ---- ----
||||| ||||| |||||

wmsm
24-11-2015, 01:13 AM
We live in a natural state that involves 2 conditions of light...without light or with light.

Darkness made us fearful because our spirit became aware that it is a condition that quantifies "missing" light. Our spirit is light.

Therefore we taught ourselves to not fear the dark for the power of our own spirit is that it is light....awareness.

dryad
24-11-2015, 08:59 PM

It's something I'm working on, attempting to balance my darkness with my light. They way I see it, thinking, for me, is darkness and being in the world is light.

I read a lot of books about reclaiming the shadow, journeying to the dark goddess or even the alchemical interpretation of darkness (prima materia).

I've also, just in general, had bad experiences with light. It's generally interpreted by me as a void, an emptiness, and that's why I'm not keen on integrating it.

I don't see any of those things having to do with actual darkness. Start with emotions. They are the easiest for us to access and are easy to divide into light and dark. If you want light explore the positive emotions like love joy compassion. Explore how they translate into positive energy (or negative energy from negative emotions) talk to some of the positive entities...Elementals are everywhere both light and dark. The light is not empty any more than the dark is empty. Develop your awareness of energy both light and dark (they are not the same) and if your gonna be dark develop some strength in it. If your not strong enough to defend yourself you just get chained. Light is your best weapon against the dark if you stay in it but it's not so easy to access once your in the dark. Then you need to be able to fight with dark energy too.

Lucyan28
24-11-2015, 09:39 PM
It's easy, like eating a sweet piece of chocolate cake!

Just meditate with a candle light every night, just remember to keep the candle in a safe place (in case you fall asleep or pass out)

i, monster
24-11-2015, 09:50 PM
I don't see any of those things having to do with actual darkness. Start with emotions. They are the easiest for us to access and are easy to divide into light and dark. If you want light explore the positive emotions like love joy compassion. Explore how they translate into positive energy (or negative energy from negative emotions) talk to some of the positive entities...Elementals are everywhere both light and dark. The light is not empty any more than the dark is empty. Develop your awareness of energy both light and dark (they are not the same) and if your gonna be dark develop some strength in it. If your not strong enough to defend yourself you just get chained. Light is your best weapon against the dark if you stay in it but it's not so easy to access once your in the dark. Then you need to be able to fight with dark energy too.

Thank you for the information. I must admit, I am very uninformed on these topics, albeit dedicated... but I get lost in my own worlds sometimes.

I tend to intellectualize instead of accessing emotions, hence my perspectives.

I should have probably started with a more general question. I probably believe I know more than I really do, and I apologize for that.

I'll do my best to start out focusing more on the differences in emotions. Is there any literature that could help me on this?

dryad
24-11-2015, 10:20 PM
Sorry if I was lecturing. The dark is a dangerous path. Its easy to get lost. Good to see your trying to balance it already. You do have potential. Wiccan and shamanic stuff would suit you. For positive emotions look up anything on raising vibration. There was a thread recently called changing frequency that would interest you. One thing I would suggest...you already have quite a bit of dark energy. Dont change it into light unless you dont want to be dark anymore. You want to add some light energy to balance it but you need to keep the two separate so you can access both as it suits you. They don't go well together if you let them mix. You don't want grey you want a light half and a dark half.

running
24-11-2015, 10:49 PM

I would be yourself and enjoy your adventure. You may go through your blockages and if it means something to call them dark to you then go ahead. Call then light if u want.

If you want something that sticks and melts all the dark or lightl away. I would look into shaktipat and research kundalini.

It could become possible to be your own source of endless joy. Maybe its out of reach for some. Maybe. But its worth looking into imo.

Then you can eat darkness for breakfast and call it light cause it all feels good anyways. Lol

i, monster
24-11-2015, 11:17 PM
Sorry if I was lecturing. The dark is a dangerous path. Its easy to get lost. Good to see your trying to balance it already. You do have potential. Wiccan and shamanic stuff would suit you. For positive emotions look up anything on raising vibration. There was a thread recently called changing frequency that would interest you. One thing I would suggest...you already have quite a bit of dark energy. Dont change it into light unless you dont want to be dark anymore. You want to add some light energy to balance it but you need to keep the two separate so you can access both as it suits you. They don't go well together if you let them mix. You don't want grey you want a light half and a dark half.

Ah, thank you! I am a witch, albeit not a very practiced one. A novice, I would say. I am working on getting better at my craft.

How you put it--having a light and dark side, instead of a muddled grey--really resonates with me.

I do want to add more light energy to balance it. Other than that thread, do you have any other suggestions as to how I should pursue this?

mindanalyzer
24-11-2015, 11:48 PM
I am completely ignorant about this topic but I somehow feel a dark inside of me that I would like to get rid of. It pushes me to negativity and anger

Any advise?

TiedSnake
25-11-2015, 12:36 AM
You dont have to balance oneness ;)

You just as the earth have a equal day and night side. Just as the owl illuminates the night with his peircing vision, you illuminate the darkness with your drive to study or know about it. You are light, and darkness.. They both feed from the same mouth. Don't try to force a balance, be one with both ;)

dryad
25-11-2015, 01:32 PM
I am completely ignorant about this topic but I somehow feel a dark inside of me that I would like to get rid. f. It pushes me to negativity and anger

Any advise?
Take charge. Take responsibility. Most of us have dark aspects that feed on negative energy. Eckhart tolle calls it a pain body. Some call it a shadow self. they call themselves darkness. Its not the enemy. Its part of you. its supposed to be your conscience. They help you make better choices by reminding you what happened last time you tried that...They can be protectors and they can defend you in extreme situations. They are made of your negative energy and they feed on your negative energy so they may provoke you to get angry but the anger is yours. Its your choice how you respond. Dont fight it but dont overreact either. Express your emotions in healthy ways and your darkness will take the negative energy you produce. Leaving you with all the positive.

Most of the time these aspects are still part of us. It's like mood swings. If your in a bad mood that's the darkness part. If your in a good mood that's the lighter part. They are both you and you can switch between them. They can separate out enough to seem separate and then you can communicate with it but it will then merge back in with the rest of you. Make friends with it and it will show you the healthy way to deal with negative emotions. Think of righteous anger. Anger that gives you the motivation to protect yourself and your family or to right an injustice. Its not all bad.

Gem
25-11-2015, 01:57 PM
Look at the yin/yang symbol. Yin is dark Yang is light but each have the small seeds of the opposite, each exists in the other and each needs the other to exist.

It's a good symbol which entails the balance of the elements while also encircling them as a whole.

yeshee camar
25-11-2015, 03:02 PM
.... .... ..

and me too to collaborate- that a -

that you ignite.
that enlightment be non tricked lep res fable,
that more so whole given accepteds on enlightmenteds for keeps so does
liberates peaced & includes its annor yups favorited spice.
enlightment be the liberateds of all thing self
from conclusion to pop on day light at the end of train tunnels on every case'd.

like a we miraculously solve like back up the overdrool loving up -
be to settle up - be bigs braunch to enlightment.

that - bock sherry inner thrill enlightment does us good can be made up - way - truth - & light.

Internal Queries
25-11-2015, 03:31 PM
Sorry if I was lecturing. The dark is a dangerous path.

light can blind as surely as darkness. neither condition need be viewed as good or evil, spiritually positive or negative. there is no need for emotion driven opposition (fear, aggression, a sense of superiority ect). one simply needs the contrast for definition and delineation.

take note that you're reading dark letters on a light screen.

dryad
25-11-2015, 03:53 PM
Ah, thank you! I am a witch, albeit not a very vineenergycticed one. A novice, I would say. I am working on getting better at my craft.

How you put it--having a light and dark side, instead of a muddled grey--really resonates with me.

I do want to add more light energy to balance it. Other than that thread, do you have any other suggestions as to how I should pursue this?

Absorb energy. Earth energy. Elemental energy. Cosmic energy. Divine energy. Unmanifested energy. Soul energy. Take your pick. Learn to integrate the energy you absorb. This is important. Otherwise you get overcharged and probabaly wont be able to hold on to it for more than a day or two.

dryad
25-11-2015, 04:31 PM
light can blind as surely as darkness. as good or evil, spiritually positive or negative. there is no need for emotion driven opposition (fear, aggression, a sense of superiority ect). one simply needs the contrast for definition and delineation.

take note that you're reading dark letters on a light screen.

It's not superiority it's experience. Wouldn't you rather learn from someone that's been there and can tell you where the dangers are? Or maybe she should stick her head in the sand and pretend there arent any. Good luck with that.

Internal Queries
25-11-2015, 05:27 PM
It's not superiority it's experience. Wouldn't you rather learn from someone that's been there and can tell you where the dangers are? Or maybe she should stick her head in the sand and pretend there arent any. Good luck with that.

no accusation intended. and i'm speaking from experience too, though i've ridden my experiences to a different place.

what dangers might those be, aside from one's own psyche? some drooling predator lurking in the dark, oh so scary b/c you can't see it? and what makes you think there's no danger in the light? do you believe that there is no such thing as a diurnal predator, that your psyche can't be bedazzled by the illusion of light causing you to believe you're safe from the more dangerous aspects of your human nature. by fearing your self you create your own imaginative demons so love your lion as much as you love your lamb.

don't fear and don't spread fear. there's no one in that darkness but you and you're not all that frightening. are ya?

mindanalyzer
25-11-2015, 06:32 PM
i too to collaborate- that a -

that you ignite.
that enlightment be non tricked lep res fable,
that more so whole given accepteds on enlightmenteds for keeps so does
liberates peaced and its annor yups favorited spice.
enlightment be the liberateds of all thing self
from conclusion to pop on day light at the end of train tunnels on every case'd.

like a we miraculously solve like back up the overdrool loving up -
be to settle up - be bigs braunch to enlightment.

that - bock sherry inner thrill enlightment does us good can be made up - way - truth - & light.

uff.. I could understand nothing from here. If you know spanish (based on your nick), please say it in spanish

yeshee camar
25-11-2015, 06:38 PM
'its a way to clap it over, that a one over cheer. more like a emotional gut relevated words, yea - like that.'

yeshee camar wrote something purposeful intercepted prop proper intend, in his own iq, i believe him - sitting reading.

dryad
25-11-2015, 07:28 PM
no accusation intended. I'm speaking from experience too, though i've ridden my experiences to a different place.

what dangers might those be, aside from one's own psyche? some drooling predator lurking in the dark, oh so scary cos you can't see it? and what makes you think there is safety in the light? do you believe that there is no such thing as a diurnal predator, that your psyche can't be bedazzled by the illusion of light causing you to believe you're safe from the more dangerous aspects of your human nature. by fearing your self you create your own imaginative demons so love your lion as much as you love your lamb.

don't fear and don't spread fear. there's no one in that darkness but you and you're not all that frightening. are ya?

You make a lot of assumptions. Its easy to get lost in the dark. To lose yourself. To fall for the power games or the bargaining. To be self destructive. To be chained in negative astral levels. And no I'm not scared of being chained. I know about chains because I've broken a few.

I'm not blind in the light and I can see in the dark too actually so that has nothing to do with it. There are elementals and other entities in the light and the dark. I'm not the only one that sees them. I'm not the only one that talks to them. Thoughtforms are created by human psyches. Entities are independent. There is a difference. I never said they were scary. I never said I was afraid. Some of them are afraid of me. I'm not afraid of buses either but I don't want to get hit by one. Do you have a problem with me telling people to watch out for buses when they cross the road?

Why do you think I'm hiding in the light or blinded by it when I'm trying to point out that the dark is a valid but difficult path. The light is not an easy nor always safe path either but the dark is a lot harder. I walk both and they both come from the soul.

Internal Queries
25-11-2015, 08:36 PM
I walk both and they both come from the soul.

all good then!

dryad
25-11-2015, 10:09 PM
all good then!
Great. But now that you got me on the topic...

i am getting a little frustrated with the simplistic attitude towards fear. People think its all or nothing. Its not. It's part of the dark. So you cant deny it or hide from it if your really going to explore the dark with any authenticity. One of my first lessons was to overcome fear. And that was my first big lesson in the light. Way before i got interested in the dark.

Lions are dangerous because they are lions. Its their nature. If they weren't dangerous they wouldn't be lions. Fear is relative to vulnerability. Stay on the right side of the fence and you don't need to be afraid. But respect and a healthy caution is due. If you don't want to be afraid then don't be vulnerable. And if your gonna go play with the lions then it's even more important not to be afraid and not to be vulnerable. Fear doesn't make you vulnerable it makes you a target. Open doors make you vulnerable. I once opened a door because i wasn't afraid. Guess where that got me. (Dont open doors without checking what is on the other side first)

Its not feeling fear that is the problem. That's just a reaction. You cant stop yourself reacting when something jumps out at you. That's not the part that makes you vulnerable. If it was then everyone walking out of every scary movie would be possessed by demons. That doesn't happen. That's because it's not the reaction it's how you deal with it. Its giving in to the fear that makes you vulnerable. Letting it echo. Letting it become part of you. That combined with no defenses (an open door) and not being able to fight back (we'll come back to that)

Ever noticed how after someone jumps out and scares you you have to laugh. Cos it's a joke. And your relieved it's not real. Laughter dissipates the fear. Reverses it. And how the people that really love scary movies usually laugh at them. Cos they dont suspend their disbelief. People that take the scary movies seriously get nightmares cos it seems real. Those people dont like scary movies

running
26-11-2015, 01:17 AM
Great. But now that you got me on the topic...

i am getting a little frustrated with the simplistic attitude towards fear. People think its all or nothing. Its not. It's part of the dark. So you cant deny it or hide from it if your really going to explore the dark with any authenticity. One of my first lessons was to overcome fear. And that was my first big lesson in the light. Way before i got interested in the dark.

Lions are dangerous because they are lions. Its their nature. If they weren't dangerous they wouldn't be lions. Fear is relative to vulnerability. Stay on the right side of the fence and you don't need to be afraid. But respect and a healthy caution is due. If you don't want to be afraid then don't be vulnerable. And if your gonna go play with the lions then it's even more important not to be afraid and not to be vulnerable. Fear doesn't make you vulnerable it makes you a target. Open doors make you vulnerable. I once opened a door because i wasn't afraid. Guess where that got me. (Dont open doors without checking what is on the other side first)

Its not feeling fear that is the problem. That's just a reaction. You cant stop yourself reacting when something jumps out at you. That's not the part that makes you vulnerable. If it was then everyone walking out of every scary movie would be possessed by demons. That doesn't happen. That's because it's not the reaction it's how you deal with it. Its giving in to the fear that makes you vulnerable. Letting it echo. Letting it become part of you. That combined with no defenses (an open door) and not being able to fight back (we'll come back to that)

Ever noticed how after someone jumps out and scares you you have to laugh. Cos it's a joke. And your relieved it's not real. Laughter dissipates the fear. Reverses it. And how the people that really love scary movies usually laugh at them. Cos they dont suspend their disbelief. People that take the scary movies seriously get nightmares cos it seems real. Those people dont like scary movies

You make a lota good points and im sure you help a lot of people. Where i disagree but only from my experience is there are things to go through from point a to b. And what i have found for me is not concerning myself what thry are. But just do it. And when the heart becomes the center and powerful enough. Whats goimg on in the mind has nothing to do with it from that point. Then its just all gravy and all the ideas are laughable. And what isnt laughable is still happening in joy. Everything can be in joy. Simply because the nervous system never stops feedimg it to you.

But the mind can be a scary place until the heart is developed enough. I dont deny that. On the other hand if somebody could taste that experience i imagine it would be worth going through a great deal to somebody to get there. And once thats happend you are forever blessed in joy.

Which is why i personaly would risk everything. Or knowing what i know now utilize shaktipat from an avatar/guru/whatever as longs at its at a level that simply neutralizes everything anyway. Making the journey smooth sailing comparitively speaking.

Internal Queries
26-11-2015, 02:04 PM
fear is the most basic of survival instincts but what is it in your own head that you think can hurt you? what is in your own skull that you imagine threatens your survival?

if one believes in actual invisible predators, in literal demons that stalk one's soul, then yeah, i guess the inside of one's head would be a scary place. i don't believe in such things. any snarling monsters or sly deceitful entities i might encounter in my own headspace are my own self aspects and the appearance of such imaginative unpleasant critters in there simply indicates i have more work to do. i go on a monster hunt into the jungles of my subconscious. i follow the spoor and track my fear produced "evil" self aspect to it's source. the source is usually just my child self, traumatized, terrified, isolated and confused, still scared of the hissing monster lurking under the bed, the boogyman in the closet and other assorted anthropomorphized projections of anxiety.