PDA

View Full Version : Insecurity bleeding over into spiritual life

Courtesyofmind
23-11-2015, 12:11 PM
I will be the first to admit that I have always had problems with confidence and insecurity. I believe these issues stem from my childhood where I was severely bullied for years. This has done me no favors in my adult life, as insecurity is like a repellant to many people. I've never really fit in anywhere, I've never really had enough skill at a job to excel in it, and I've had tremendous trouble making friends or even starting a conversation with people. When I had my Spiritual Awakening I was overjoyed. I really felt like the new path I discovered was a cure all to my ailments. The people i've met have been great and easy to get along with, The meditations and spiritual practices make me feel comfortable and calm. And most importantly I feel that I can really excel on this spiritual path.
Until the insecurity comes back. I try and try to program my mind with positive thoughts followed by positive actions, but Its like my insecurity and confidence issues are glued onto my being. This has been a major roadblock for me because, as you know, negative thoughts such as these prevent people from moving forward. It forever pushes us backward. I could use some advice from anyone willing to give it. I want nothing more than to release these issues from my life permanently. Thank you

Shinsoo
23-11-2015, 12:22 PM
I know how you feel--it's hard to progress with a negative attitude and insecurity. Still kind of there for me actually. But it's getting better. my best advice to you is to be nice to yourself during all this-- there will be much issues brought up as you progress and they may get super intense.

Cut yourself some slack if you fail at something, or aren't moving as fast as you feel you should--there really is no rush. Find a pace that works for you, it will all resolve itself in time.

And I say this as someone who has still yet to pass a test that will mark me as awakened, so the ball can really get rolling.

Courtesyofmind
23-11-2015, 12:43 PM
I know how you feel--it's hard to progress with a negative attitude and insecurity. Still kind of there for me actually. But it's getting better. my best advice to you is to be nice to yourself during all this-- there will be much issues brought up as you progress and they may get super intense.

Cut yourself some slack if you fail at something, or aren't moving as fast as you feel you should--there really is no rush. Find a pace that works for you, it will all resolve itself in time.

And I say this as someone who has still yet to pass a test that will mark me as awakened, so the ball can really get rolling.

I thank you for this. Believe it or not, you have just offered me a huge validation. I practice automatic writing with my Guides, and I received the exact message about a good pace, patience and time. Thank you very much for your contribution :hug3:

Shinsoo
23-11-2015, 12:48 PM
I thank you for this. Believe it or not, you have just offered me a huge validation. I practice automatic writing with my Guides, and I received the exact message about a good pace, patience and time. Thank you very much for your contribution :hug3:

You're welcome! :)

Have fun with the automatic writing. ^^

Shivani Devi
23-11-2015, 03:05 PM
I will be the first to admit that I have always had problems with confidence and insecurity. I believe these issues stem from my childhood where I was severely bullied for years. This has done me no favors in my adult life, as insecurity is like a repellant to many people. I've never really fit in anywhere, I've never really had enough skill at a job to excel in it, and I've had tremendous trouble making friends or even starting a conversation with people. When I had my Spiritual Awakening I was overjoyed. I really felt like the new path I discovered was a cure all to my ailments. The people i've met have been great and easy to get along with, The meditations and spiritual practices make me feel comfortable and calm. And most importantly I feel that I can really excel on this spiritual path.
Until the insecurity comes back. I try and try to program my mind with positive thoughts followed by positive actions, but Its like my insecurity and confidence issues are glued onto my being. This has been a major roadblock for me because, as you know, negative thoughts such as these prevent people from moving forward. It forever pushes us backward. I could use some advice from anyone willing to give it. I want nothing more than to release these issues from my life permanently. Thank you
We are a lot more alike than you know right now (just about 2 weeks apart in experience).

You had a spiritual awakening and was overjoyed, but then your insecurities returned, right? which leads me to question just how deep was that spiritual awakening?

I've had mini-awakenings when all these things would return...until I confronted God straight out with 'okay, stop beating around the bush here...I either want it all, or nothing at all, thanks'.

It took a lot of patience, a lot of deep soul searching and a lot of setbacks, but eventually I was able to just let go and give in...after that, my whole life got turned upside-down when it was just as casual as you like it; 'oh hi there my child, long time no see'...while I was a grovelling, babbling mess on the floor.

Open your heart like a beautiful flower and that's the key to it.

Thunder Bow
23-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Insecurity and confidence are psychological issues that can be worked on with a therapist. This will free you for your spiritual journeys.

Courtesyofmind
23-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Insecurity and confidence are psychological issues that can be worked on with a therapist. This will free you for your spiritual journeys.

For therapy to be effective, the patient need to be completely honest about important aspects of their life. Right now, My spiritual journey is pretty high on the list. If I told a Psychiatrist or Psychologist about our reality, They would stuff anti-psychotic horse pills down my throat or put me in a facility.. Or both. I don't think that would free anything but drool from my mouth.
Psychiatry does not recognize spirituality, mediumship, seeing spirits, Astral planes, past lives etc. I would have to completely lie about the most important aspect of my life. That's why I and many others come here... because we cant talk about our experiences to most people.

Shinsoo
23-11-2015, 11:56 PM
For therapy to be effective, the patient need to be completely honest about important aspects of their life. Right now, My spiritual journey is pretty high on the list. If I told a Psychiatrist or Psychologist about our reality, They would stuff anti-psychotic horse pills down my throat or put me in a facility.. Or both. I don't think that would free anything but drool from my mouth.
Psychiatry does not recognize spirituality, mediumship, seeing spirits, Astral planes, past lives etc. I would have to completely lie about the most important aspect of my life. That's why I and many others come here... because we cant talk about our experiences to most people.

It depends on the psychiatrist, to be honest. I had a psychiatrist whom I visited, and whom totally seemed to get the 'we incarnate to learn lessons' bit. He was also Indian, so I think that might have had something to do with it. "So it is like reincarnation!"

It just means one needs to do research.

Thunder Bow
24-11-2015, 05:17 PM

What is your Spiritual Journey On?

http://stormrunneraz.tripod.com/horse22.gif

On My Horse ?

Or...

On 1150mg. of Avatar:

http://stormrunneraz.tripod.com/Nurse.jpg

knightofalbion
24-11-2015, 05:46 PM

I'm sorry to hear you went through a lot of bullying at school.
You were bullied, why? Probably because you were (and are) a gentle soul.
That experience should have taught you compassion and empathy with other downtrodden people - and animals. So one day you might look back on all that as a blessing that helped to make you who you are.

The past is past, let it go. Today and tomorrow belong to you.
There is a light in you that can do beautiful things in the world, and nothing is stopping you from doing so.

CrystalSong
24-11-2015, 06:11 PM
How about changing the focus - instead of seeing things you aren't liking about yourself - focus on the things you do like.
Where attention goes energy flows.
So work on loving all that's so wonderful about you and increase and grow the self love instead of focusing on what you don't like and giving energy and growth to that.

Greenslade
24-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Psychiatry does not recognize spirituality, mediumship, seeing spirits, Astral planes, past lives etc. I would have to completely lie about the most important aspect of my life. That's why I and many others come here... because we cant talk about our experiences to most people.It might be worth re-writing your list and dropping your pre-conceptions. If you have confidence and security issues that's going to have a knock-on effect on your Spirituality, as it seems to have had already. So the question is, what will your Spirituality be worth when it's built on your issues? Is that the kind of Spirituality that you're prepared to live with and believe in? You also seem to have pre-conceptions in that a psychologist is going to send you post-haste to a looney bin at the first mention of Spirituality, but is that born of fear and doubt? There are shrinks 'out there' that understand Spirituality and can deal with it on that basis, and I know that from experience. I was sent to see a shrink by a 'professional' who decided I was schizophrenic, but the shrink shook my hand because it was the first real chance he'd had to talk to a clairsentient person.

Is having to see a psychiatrist or psychologist too heavy handed, where perhaps a support group would be more beneficial? Perhaps the first step would be to find someone who can guide you to the next step. I can understand your Spirituality being important to you but what's more important? If you carry on down this road it might only lead to you needing a shrink after all, but if your Spirituality is that important then maybe it's important enough to put on hold for at least the time being. You can always pick up your Spirituality later when you don't have the issues.

Hari Om
25-11-2015, 05:53 AM
I will be the first to admit that I have always had problems with confidence and insecurity. I believe these issues stem from my childhood where I was severely bullied for years. This has done me no favors in my adult life, as insecurity is like a repellant to many people. I've never really fit in anywhere, I've never really had enough skill at a job to excel in it, and I've had tremendous trouble making friends or even starting a conversation with people.

Namastey Courtesyofmind,

I completely understand your situation. Its difficult to always think positive and to remove negative thoughts. One you get accustomed to negativity it becomes very tedious to survive and makes you a bad decision maker and ruins your personality.
Since this issue exists for you from childhood it will be difficult for you for not at all impossible.

When I had my Spiritual Awakening I was overjoyed. I really felt like the new path I discovered was a cure all to my ailments. The people i've met have been great and easy to get along with, The meditations and spiritual practices make me feel comfortable and calm. And most importantly I feel that I can really excel on this spiritual path.

you are said that Spiritual awakening made you overjoyed and led you to the new path. If it is so that your going right. Many people don't agree with the fact of Spiritual Sadhana or so what called Spiritual empowerment. But ancient traditional practices makes your mind and body more lively and active. It helps in developing your presence of Mind and makes you more confident.
Moreover I can suggest you still continue with meditation, Yoga and Chakra Sadhana. If you have any confusion regarding the Chakra Sadhana practice or process you can find it online on ChakraYog.

I hope it helps you and all the best.

~Hari Om

Gem
25-11-2015, 06:44 AM
For therapy to be effective, the patient need to be completely honest about important aspects of their life.

I don't think that's really the case, and it is better if a person tells what they want and keeps private what they want. I agree honesty is important, but so is privacy, and the person's choice to tell or keep private needs to be respected.

Right now, My spiritual journey is pretty high on the list. If I told a Psychiatrist or Psychologist about our reality, They would stuff anti-psychotic horse pills down my throat or put me in a facility.. Or both. I don't think that would free anything but drool from my mouth.

Nettles
25-11-2015, 09:45 AM
I think that to varying degrees everyone experiences some manifestation of this and it's likely no two people experience it the same or overcome it the same. This is a great thread as it will be a great place to get ideas for things to try.

The last time I experienced it I called to mind the phrase "Be Here Now." At the time I was on my back porch having a smoke after work. I was thinking about the day, customer service interactions. Did any customers choose to allow themselves to be effected negatively by me? If they did, what was my actual role? How can I improve....and a part of me started in on myself for all the ways I could do better and that just leads to a ripple of shame for me.
Be Here Now.
And there I was on my back porch, thinking about exactly where I was "now" a roof over my head, food in my refrigerator and cupboards, healthy daughter in the other room, a job...two legs to stand on...eyes to see, a voice to speak and ears to hear...wow. I am so lucky.

Courtesyofmind
25-11-2015, 12:46 PM
It might be worth re-writing your list and dropping your pre-conceptions. If you have confidence and security issues that's going to have a knock-on effect on your Spirituality, as it seems to have had already. So the question is, what will your Spirituality be worth when it's built on your issues? Is that the kind of Spirituality that you're prepared to live with and believe in? You also seem to have pre-conceptions in that a psychologist is going to send you post-haste to a looney bin at the first mention of Spirituality, but is that born of fear and doubt? There are shrinks 'out there' that understand Spirituality and can deal with it on that basis, and I know that from experience. I was sent to see a shrink by a 'professional' who decided I was schizophrenic, but the shrink shook my hand because it was the first real chance he'd had to talk to a clairsentient person.

Is having to see a psychiatrist or psychologist too heavy handed, where perhaps a support group would be more beneficial? Perhaps the first step would be to find someone who can guide you to the next step. I can understand your Spirituality being important to you but what's more important? If you carry on down this road it might only lead to you needing a shrink after all, but if your Spirituality is that important then maybe it's important enough to put on hold for at least the time being. You can always pick up your Spirituality later when you don't have the issues.

I do not claim preconceptions. I state fact. The Doctor you have mentioned is was the needle in the haystack, and I am glad for you. While in the military I was forced to move around a lot and as a result I had to change me entire healthcare team. Sometimes twice per year. I have been under the care of at least 15 different mental health practitioners in the last 10 years (both military and civilian) Early on, I made the mistake of describing clairvoyant sight to a psychiatrist who immediately called his nurse to take my blood pressure. I was then prescribed a cocktail of Abilify, depakote, and lorazepam. Every time since, at every new doctor I am always asked about the visions and "Do you still believe you can see spirits" "do you still believe you can hear voices from spirits" so on and so on. So I say no. I say No because I dont want to be a zombie that sleeps with my eyes open and has no feelings. I wish I could meet just one time a psychiatrist that like the one you describe. Even if he still doesn't take clairaudience as something real. And no, he wouldn't have diagnosed you schizophrenic if he believed what you were saying.

Heres another fact for you. If a patient finds such comfort in a fantasy or delusion that removing it will cause severe damage, The Doctor will weigh the option of letting it continue as long as the delusion is not detrimental to the patients professional or personal life. In some cases patients fantasies' are therapeutic, and even supported and encouraged. This is a very old and effective method of treatment. There are knowledgeable people who will back me up on this.

CrystalSong
25-11-2015, 04:22 PM
There are a lot of Life Coaches and Spiritual Coaches out there. They are pulling from a broad range of talents sets, both psychology and the awakened state themselves and can provide services for people in need both in dealing with 3D issues and with understanding spiritual revelation/signs and symptoms.
Maybe Google those words or similar one's for your area or ask in this thread for help locating one in your area.

If one can't be found in your area then there are many available via Skype services or other type of tele-conferencing. There is guidance available :)

Mr Interesting
25-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Good golly, what is excelling at anything?

I am the most excellent person amongst many other excellent persons. I love this excellence where the world just seems to know that it already is and that if we do anything, change it a little here and there, that we might be listening just as much, if not more, than we are doing. It almost happens by itself as if it were just under the skin of reality ready to pop out and what wondrousness that we are allowed to be there and see it happen.

When was it though when I decided I was so capable and just, what was this supposed turning point where I would like the world to be a certain way and it suddenly was? Was it so sudden even or did it just dawn on me quietly that what it is, was and will be was so suitable to what I am, was and will be?

I finally got out the chainsaw, that loud and voracious little beasty, and it didn't want to go so well. It had a good bite but was coughing and stuttering so encouragement faded and I put it aside. But still that piece of stump was there, not crying, but possibly quietly singing so after a day or two I sought out the chainsaw again but this time I picked up a few screwdrivers too.

I am not a mechanic but I can pull things apart and appreciate the finer elements of design and the implementation of those designs as actual tools and this little chainsaw was a wonder. I eventually took off the tiny little carburettor and it fit into my hand like the little green and gold bird the cat brought to me as a gift. It was a miraculous thing and I could somehow feel that those men long ago who put pen to paper and scratched heads had a dream of this small but intricate lump of metals being a fine thing that went out into the world and did work well.

So I got my toothbrush and some kerosene and I gave the little bird a wash, oops, sorry carburettor, and blew air from my mouth through little holes almost as if I was resuscitating it... and it all went back together and even after a few pulls actually went but it still sounded a wee bit hesitant and so I twiddled with screws I've never before twiddled with and it went better! Then I put it too this stump, right there waiting... and it was still a bit laboured so again I twiddled with these screws and it then had it's roar back and this stump of wood and this mechanical set of claws felt like the song they always wanted to sing was again on a stage that suited them.

That was two days ago and today I am going to have the auditorium filled and go back and open the curtains. I am actually merely the audience, the excellence unfolds before me. I am just the dull thing who falls about and bumps into things and people and still wonder why it is all so forgiving of my vast incompetence. That my scratchings and bangings are so rough and hindered by grace as I seek to fit alongside the gulfs of quietude all around.

I suppose though I am actually very secure in my idiot nature. That I often hear genius mentioned is an irony I find quite appealing.

Greenslade
26-11-2015, 08:38 PM
I do not claim preconceptions. I state fact. The Doctor you have mentioned is was the needle in the haystack, and I am glad for you. While in the military I was forced to move around a lot and as a result I had to change me entire healthcare team. Sometimes twice per year. I have been under the care of at least 15 different mental health practitioners in the last 10 years (both military and civilian) Early on, I made the mistake of describing clairvoyant sight to a psychiatrist who immediately called his nurse to take my blood pressure. I was then prescribed a cocktail of Abilify, depakote, and lorazepam. Every time since, at every new doctor I am always asked about the visions and "Do you still believe you can see spirits" "do you still believe you can hear voices from spirits" so on and so on. So I say no. I say No because I dont want to be a zombie that sleeps with my eyes open and has no feelings. I wish I could meet just one time a psychiatrist that like the one you describe. Even if he still doesn't take clairaudience as something real. And no, he wouldn't have diagnosed you schizophrenic if he believed what you were saying.

Heres another fact for you. If a patient finds such comfort in a fantasy or delusion that removing it will cause severe damage, The Doctor will weigh the option of letting it continue as long as the delusion is not detrimental to the patients professional or personal life. In some cases patients fantasies' are therapeutic, and even supported and encouraged. This is a very old and effective method of treatment. There are knowledgeable people who will back me up on this. I don't doubt anything you say. I worked in mental health for a few years so I know the results of what can happen not just when the lines between Spirituality and mental health can't be drawn but how it can effect people's realities in so many ways. Even to the point where it's led to a suicide attempt because the person thought God had told her to jump off a bridge. To a psychologist this is what innocuous voices can lead to. I've also seen Spirituality so confused with mental health that one of the members of this forum was told she was clairvoyant when it was actually her own 'demons' manifesting themselves. I know what happens to people that have gone 'into the system' and one of the lingering memories I have of that time was seeing someone being strapped to a table and pumped full of drugs while they were having a very violent episode. While I understand that people often come to Spirituality looking for answers and/or solace of some kind and found them (myself included) I've also known people that have been so screwed up by the same Spirituality that they simply can't function.

I'll go back to what I said earlier, keep your Spirituality out of it and if there's one thing that is more important than anything it's your well-being. You said it was important to you and I respect that, but at what point does it become a barrier? As Crystal has suggested there are places to go and people to talk to that are not 'in the system' so you can start with a clean slate. Often those are the kinds of people who can walk in both worlds, the psychological and the Spiritual

Baile
26-11-2015, 08:48 PM
Holistic counselors and spiritual practitioners have been around for decades. Heck, I live in the boonies near the middle of nowhere and there are two within 30 minutes of me.