PDA

View Full Version : the experience of non-separation

Lycan
21-11-2015, 04:40 AM
I want to start out by mentioning that I am only about two years into my spiritual journey. That is to say, while I realize life itself is a spiritual journey, I didn't actually begin to intentionally pursue spirituality until about two years ago...I am still in a very deep exploration phase.

I am studying many different sources and learning about different spiritual paths, old and new. The common thread I see between them, is that they lead to the experience of undivided unity and non-separation. Interestingly, this seems to manifest itself in different ways for different people. For example, some experience it as a state of profound stillness and focus. For others it is more like a radiant light of kinetic loving energy. For others still it is a mixture of both or maybe something entirely different.

Then there is the matter of whether the experience is non-abiding or something more lasting. Allegedly, one can reach a point where this perspective of non-separation becomes the basis of their overall experience and manifests even in mundane, day-to-day living. That is not to say that they don't experience discomfort or suffering, but that it is from a different perspective..

For me, I have had non-abiding awakening experiences. Which have felt like fleeting moments of deep peace, love and understanding. But it never really carries over into my day to day life. I hope that some day it will.

Can anyone share the experience they have had, if any, with the awakened, non-dualistic state? Is this something which you experience only in certain moments or have you been able to carry it into your "normal" life? Are you able to truly see and -feel- everyone as a manifestation of The One, or does that experience of non-duality leave you after you meditate...Please share your thoughts and experiences!

CrystalSong
21-11-2015, 05:20 AM
Good questions!

For me non-dualism is expressing as literally not having a preference in choices between things in day to day life, even things as simple as menu's I just have to ask Spirit "what will we enjoy the most which will most nourish our body?" and then do an energy scan across the menu to get a hit. When it comes to social events and invites I literally have no preference unless it involves me getting cold - then there's a desire to not be cold. LOL

By this happens even among people, which gets complicated and sends out signals many people mis-read. Because there is this abiding love and compassion for everyone and people feels that and it feels special, good and they want more. So peoples reactions are expressing as they are falling in love with me, male, female it doesn't seem to matter....and I'm not sure how to navigate it.

In terms of abiding and not abiding - there's this abiding Peace which takes a lot to disturb and when it's disturbed I'm consciously aware of allowing it to happen - there's choice now not just reaction to stimulus.
Now the profound heart chakra stuff of the first few years of awakening where I was madly in love with all life and everything I could see on the planet has calmed down to this appreciation and soft gratitude.
This goes up and down depending on how clean I keep my auric field, control the monkey thinking mind and how often I meditate.

It's like I know now that I can't function in this dimension and be blissed out all the time, but I know how to get back to those states fairly easily now if I choose to. So there's this control I have now that wasn't present 4 years ago when I was flying high and radiating massive BIG Love out into the world, time slipping and going out of body all the time.

Non-separation is just a couple deep breaths away to feel again in the body and energy field, and is always there mentally like the knowledge of gravity is there. Last night for example in a few moments I dropped in and merged with a Rubber Tree in a room during an exercise. I'm experiencing separation in the 3D, but can shift usually fairly fast back into experiencing Oneness in Body, Energy field and emotions.

As for feeling Everyone as part of The One, not so much, I know they are and can speak to their Higher Selves, but the energy frequency's of the unawakened don't hold the shimmering resonance to actually feel it and merge with the Source Energy that they are eternally- there's just too much of a frequency differential to develop a harmonic to make it an energetic experience usually - so it's more of an intellectual knowing in those cases.

Did I address all your questions?

Oh This: "For example, some experience it as a state of profound stillness and focus. For others it is more like a radiant light of kinetic loving energy"
Yes to both, it depends on my own frequency level - stillness and focus is pretty present all the time, but radiant Light loving energy is more when my frequency is very high from regular meditation and other frequency raising practices.
I experience, in a very punctuated way, that encompassing radiating love energy is a higher frequency than Peace/Stillness/Focus.
By quite a bit actually.

Lycan
21-11-2015, 06:01 AM
Good questions!

For me non-dualism is expressing as literally not having a preference in choices between things in day to day life, even things as simple as menu's I just have to ask Spirit "what will we enjoy the most which will most nourish our body?" and then do an energy scan across the menu to get a hit. When it comes to social events and invites I literally have no preference unless it involves me getting cold - then there's a desire to not be cold. LOL

By this happens even among people, which gets complicated and sends out signals many people mis-read. Because there is this abiding love and compassion for everyone and people feels that and it feels special, good and they want more. So peoples reactions are expressing as they are falling in love with me, male, female it doesn't seem to matter....and I'm not sure how to navigate it.

In terms of abiding and not abiding - there's this abiding Peace which takes a lot to disturb and when it's disturbed I'm consciously aware of allowing it to happen - there's choice now not just reaction to stimulus.
Now the profound heart chakra stuff of the first few years of awakening where I was madly in love with all life and everything I could see on the planet has calmed down to this appreciation and soft gratitude.
This goes up and down depending on how clean I keep my auric field, control the monkey thinking mind and how often I meditate.

It's like I know now that I can't function in this dimension and be blissed out all the time, but I know how to get back to those states fairly easily now if I choose to. So there's this control I have now that wasn't present 4 years ago when I was flying high and radiating massive BIG Love out into the world, time slipping and going out of body all the time.

Non-separation is just a couple deep breaths away to feel again in the body and energy field, and is always there mentally like the knowledge of gravity is there. Last night for example in a few moments I dropped in and merged with a Rubber Tree in a room during an exercise. I'm experiencing separation in the 3D, but can shift usually fairly fast back into experiencing Oneness in Body, Energy field and emotions.

As for feeling Everyone as part of The One, not so much, I know they are and can speak to their Higher Selves, but the energy frequency's of the unawakened don't hold the shimmering resonance to actually feel it and merge with the Source Energy that they are eternally- there's just too much of a frequency differential to develop a harmonic to make it an energetic experience usually - so it's more of an intellectual knowing in those cases.

Did I address all your questions?

Oh This: "For example, some experience it as a state of profound stillness and focus. For others it is more like a radiant light of kinetic loving energy"
Yes to both, it depends on my own frequency level - stillness and focus is pretty present all the time, but radiant Light loving energy is more when my frequency is very high from regular meditation and other frequency raising practices.
I experience, in a very punctuated way, that encompassing radiating love energy is a higher frequency than Peace/Stillness/Focus.
By quite a bit actually.

Thank you for sharing your experiences! This is very insightful. For me right now, I know intellectually the truth of the non-duality but don't -feel- it in my day to day life. The moments when I do feel it are when I intentionally meditate on it and consciously bring myself to that level, which takes a little bit of effort and dedicated time. I hope to reach a state similar to the one you're describing where you have conscious control over it day-to-day. What would you say has helped you the most on your journey to get you to where you're at now?

CrystalSong
21-11-2015, 06:49 AM
Hmmmmm....another good question....

Developing the Observer State was really useful. I did this by Practicing Noticing which was taught to me by a Bohdi Sufi.
It's 3 steps:
1: Notice - take a second and notice something Present like 'I Notice how the sunlight is sparkling on those leaves.'
2: Notice that you've noticed it. " I notice that I have noticed that the sun is sparkling on those leaves.
3: Congratulate your self on that you noticed your noticing.

Don't forget the third one - it's important for re-training the brain to shift to this state.
Mix it up - notice how your body is feeling (do all three steps don't just to #1)
Notice what emotions are present, notice the feel of the air...do it once an hour, or go crazy like I did for a few days and notice something every 10 minutes doing all 3 steps.
This makes for a shift in your brain where you cease being 'you' and start just becoming consciousness experiencing being conscious. Which is the development of the Observer State which is a Gateway State to higher levels of consciousness because you created a work around the egoic self. Call it a brain hack. It works :)
So that was one Biggie that really helped, it intensifies meditation too as the Observer is the one who witnesses out-of-body travel so the mind can contemplate it afterwards and you don't get those meditations where you know something happened but can't recall what it was. Some traditions call it the Witness instead of the Observer - it doesn't matter what word is used. The state is highly useful for Divination, channeling and all manner of things.

Getting the chakras up and running and also learning to sense energy in some manner was really helpful, it helps with animal, and tree whispering too as telepathy happens easiest when we can shift to Observer state to receive telepathy and then to mental/egoic state to answer or ask questions and feeling energy helps for knowing when trees and plants are receptive to communication or if they are trying to get your attention as they can extend their energy fields like fingers brushing you.

There's more but its late and I'm brain fuzzy. lol The Noticing Practice should if practiced until it become so natural that when you perceive a little something unusual you can instantly drop into the state and feel for what it is. Could be weeks or months do get it to a natural response like totally holding still and controlling breathing to hear a very soft sound becomes automatic. Practice makes perfect. :)

Frederick33
21-11-2015, 08:46 AM
strange question
non dualistic ?
like not knowing you are you ?
or what's happening to you ?
seems opposite you want to achieve
those most who die are non dualistic
go to the after life and when i talk to them most don't know
that its the after life but think its real as life here on earth
and sure by all means its looks and feels all the same
but separation
thats an interesting question
this is separation experiencing
The Golden Lid or Hiranmaya Patra
if that is no longer there you are free
and can go any place at will
and also the after life and no it won't be non dualistic
you know all you know and know what you are
this is no clever talk or web story
but personal experience
talking about it here is of little use since it brings not this reality in the life who seek it
talking about it when together does work
a largely miss understood concept of written text as here
and spoken words by one who is in the light
those words ,they move the energies and create or open up the realities in the collective
you and the other are than in when in the same place together in the same moment of time
a chat can be amazing to but not as efficient as sharing the same place or room in the light
lol did i win the popularity contest on those that don't know **** all lol sure hope not lol
com on freddy boy grow up and find your place among the BIG EGO'S that know stuff lol :-)

Lycan
21-11-2015, 04:26 PM
strange question
non dualistic ?
like not knowing you are you ?
or what's happening to you ?
seems opposite you want to achieve
those most who die are non dualistic
go to the after life and when i talk to them most don't know
that its the after life but think its real as life here on earth
and sure by all means its looks and feels all the same
but separation
thats an interesting question
this is separation experiencing
The Golden Lid or Hiranmaya Patra
if that is no longer there you are free
and can go any place at will
and also the after life and no it won't be non dualistic
you know all you know and know what you are
this is no clever talk or web story
but personal experience
talking about it here is of little use since it brings not this reality in the life who seek it
talking about it when together does work
a largely miss understood concept of written text as here
and spoken words by one who is in the light
those words ,they move the energies and create or open up the realities in the collective
you and the other are than in when in the same place together in the same moment of time
a chat can be amazing to but not as efficient as sharing the same place or room in the light
lol did i win the popularity contest on those that don't know **** all lol sure hope not lol
com on freddy boy grow up and find your place among the BIG EGO'S that know stuff lol :-)

Hi Frederick, when I say non-duality, I don't mean that an individuality of sorts does not exist. I just mean the experience and knowledge that we are all unique manifestations of source, not that there is literally no differentiation between us at all. Like branches on a tree or waves on the ocean, all unique expressions of a collective.

And thank you crystalsong for the technique description, I'm going to put that into practice more and see what happens.

Rokon
21-11-2015, 05:13 PM
Can anyone share the experience they have had, if any, with the awakened, non-dualistic state? Is this something which you experience only in certain moments or have you been able to carry it into your "normal" life? Are you able to truly see and -feel- everyone as a manifestation of The One, or does that experience of non-duality leave you after you meditate...Please share your thoughts and experiences!
I sought this state for a few years, with periods of very intense study and meditation. I read Paul Brunton's story about meditating in the pyramid, and got into Ramana Maharshi, went to a Kriya yoga retreat. And after all that I'll have to say this state of oneness is elusive. I doubt it is "the Oneness" thats being described by these masters. Yes there are beautiful experiences to be had, wonderful, enlightening, peaceful and blissful sure. You will be a better person and there are many, many benefits. But the blissfull, so-called Oneness experience is entirely elusive. In human form we could not possibly comprehend, partake in or come close to the unconditioned state of oneness that is hyped up by some religious schools of thought in my opinion. It would be like imbibing in the intensity of a Billion suns at once, you would combust, your heart would explode. What IS available to us is a much watered-down version of the "idea" of oneness which will give you comfort, peace and a feeling of being embraced with love and light if you are persistent. Just keep some perspective and stay grounded.