PDA

View Full Version : Feels good to be trucking back over the road again

running
21-11-2015, 04:35 AM
Spent about 6 months running doubles out west. LTL is what its called. You run nights from terminal to terminal. I played my cards right to get what i thought was the best trucking job out there. Zero accidents, or tickets and so on.

Found out my heart isnt in it. Spiritual growth from enjoying the long peaceful runs across the country is waay better than a fat pay check.

Heck. I probably would do it for cheap. Just dont let my boss know though. Lol. Loving the i40 across the country. Got pictures but posting them is beyond my mental capacity.

Tonight driving in oaklahoma and arkansas was all kinds of clouds. They filled me with so much love. So much easier to enjoy than thd madness of LTL. Dont get me wrong the boss is still on me to make each second count. Lol. But so much time to be relaxed and take everything in. I love being back over the road!!!

Except trying to back a 53 footer after getting used to 28's is a bit of a challenge. So i go slow. Chexk and chexk again. Lol

And i had to tell my girlfriend she was right. She told me i wouldnt like it. Warned me. Lol. Yeah, she was right. Lol

I feel very lucky i have a job that helps me grow energetically!!!

running
21-11-2015, 05:09 AM
I did grow a lot energetically doing the doubles. Staying up all night and reaquiring parts of me through out the san juaquin valley was very helpful. But i feel inside that was enough growth from those angles. And its now again time to be baxk over the road.

Its like life knows best. Where ever i am or what im doing is what its suppose to be. Its kinda funny i guess.

Swami Chihuahuananda
21-11-2015, 09:45 AM
Well, have fun, keep on truckin' (you walked right into that one !) , and when your I-40 crosses the Rio Grande , you can give a wave to the South, maybe I'll hear it , a few miles down ...

:wink:

Baile
23-11-2015, 11:19 AM
I drove across the continent, ocean to ocean, 20 times. That's like twice around world. If I ever see another highway it'll be too soon. But yes, going slow and letting everyone pass is the only way to keep the stress levels down; kind of my spiritual mantra these days as well.

running
24-11-2015, 05:02 PM
Well, have fun, keep on truckin' (you walked right into that one !) , and when your I-40 crosses the Rio Grande , you can give a wave to the South, maybe I'll hear it , a few miles down ...

:wink:

I will be waving!

running
24-11-2015, 05:04 PM
I drove across the continent, ocean to ocean, 20 times. That's like twice around world. If I ever see another highway it'll be too soon. But yes, going slow and letting everyone pass is the only way to keep the stress levels down; kind of my spiritual mantra these days as well.

20 times is quite a few! Unless its your job. How did you wind up making 20 trips?

knightofalbion
24-11-2015, 05:05 PM
I must admit I do enjoy watching 'Ice Road Truckers'. Do you go that far north/drive on iced up roads?

knightofalbion
24-11-2015, 05:06 PM
PS: I like the new look!

running
24-11-2015, 05:38 PM
I must admit I do enjoy watching 'Ice Road Truckers'. Do you go that far north/drive on iced up roads?

I stay in the lower 48. So i have never been there. I have been on ice covered roads. There are two different kinds. I avoid these conditions the best i can. The worst of the two is when the road was wet. And the temperature drops enough to freeze it over. That makes the ice very slippery. It can be hard to stand on. Lol. The other like you see on the show isnt much fun to deal with and i avoid. But not as slippery.

I have seen what looks like a war zone from things freezing over. Interstate 10 where there was 274 accidents on a small stretch. 5 accidents in one truck stop. I waited that one out on a hunch. Glad i did. Heard the horror stories at the truck stop.

running
24-11-2015, 06:27 PM
PS: I like the new look!

Thanks Knight!