PDA

View Full Version : Clairaudient or Crazy?

heather_lorrain
19-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Apparently I come from a line of women that are "gifted" as my mother used to say. I had an aunt that my mom had never met but she was apparently able to read the tarot and in turn my mom thought she could see the future, although nothing she ever said came to pass.

When I was 12 I was standing at the top of our stairs that overlooked a bay window where I could see my mom and dad outside, that's when I heard a man say my name. Obviously I freaked and ran outside. A few years later while reading in bed I again heard my name. I dove under the covers and didn't leave until morning. Also once when I was at the computer doing homework I could have sworn I heard a bunch of little kids laughing and even asked my family what was funny, they had no idea what I was talking about.

Those 3 moments are the only time I've ever heard anything. Its not in my head but rather as though someone is sitting next to me or across the room when I hear the sounds. It only happened when I lived at home and when I wasn't paying attention to anything in particular.

Part of me wants to develop whatever this is and part of me is scared out of my wits. My mom always said I was to open as a child, "talking" to my imaginary friends (which turned out to be a great-great-grandfather---go figure) and that I should be careful about letting in to many negative things. The few family members that know about the voices when I was younger all give me weird looks so I'm not comfortable about talking about this with them at this time. I really just don't know how to not be scared.
Heather

A19White
19-11-2015, 10:59 PM
My great-grandfather was known as an energy healer. I am highly intuitive and insightful, I had many paranormal experiences in my childhood. Including a spirit calling my name, and whispering in my ear while I slept which woke me up on many occasions. When I think back to this now, I believe it was a spirit whispering in Latin. Many of my paranormal experiences were haunting and terrifying, as a child I didn't know what to make of it other than being afraid. I also remember seeing what is known as a shadow person once or twice each day. On one occasion I saw an energy being which I could see right through backing away from me as I lay in bed awake.

I am not afraid anymore though, it has taken much self discovery and patience to be where I am today. I suggest mindfulness known as present moment awareness and meditation. I do not know how your fears will be dealt with, acceptance is a large part of it for myself as well.

If nothing more I hope this post serves to let you know, you are not alone in these types of experiences and abilities.

adamm[]
19-11-2015, 11:21 PM
your mind is drifting off and in this state you can pick up on "other things"

i get these all the time when im falling asleep or resting my eyes, or perhaps ill daydream of something and then ill hear a vivid voice say something which is usually random and it goes away quickly because i always try to focus on it once i hear it and that usually causes what ever im hearing to stop, plus i dont know if that voice is just my own thoughts, as if im falling asleep or if its something supernatural.

sometimes when i close my eyes im awake and stuff and i have these images go through my mind like im dreaming, but then again they are more of images that im seeing and sounds too but im not really hearing the sounds, its kinda the sounds are in my thoughts. I dont think im dreaming because when i dream, im in my dreams doing stuff and interacting, this is more of just me watching stuff.

so scientifically your either entering theta state or perhaps you are slipping into hypnagogic state, theta state is restfulness state which i believe is also meditation state and some people say things like this can occur. And hypnagogic state is a special threashold state that is inbetween sleep/awake, but not to be confused with being tired or drowsy, you know when you fall into hypnagogic state because you will twitch, because you get this imense feeling of being detached from your balance for a quick second.

i dont hear anything vivid or long lasting like an entire phrase.. ill hear something like "we need to go ou..t..s.... i.de" as the last few words fade away from my senses.

its completely natural, our minds cycle through these states when we sleep and ever during the day we bounce around from alpha/beta/theta.

i will say tho from what ive read, this threashold state of awareness can be extremely freaky, like litterally youll see zombies and dragons and ghosts and stuff, but dont worry they cant really mess with you, not like they will eat you are anything, and even if they did i think once you came back into normal state of mind, all that flesh would be back. I actually got clawed by something as a wolf was growling behind me as i lyed in bed with sleep paralysis, which is a form of hypnogogic state, then they went away once i was able to move again :(

Shivani Devi
20-11-2015, 12:55 AM
Hi and welcome to SF, Heather.

Just take things slowly, pace yourself and let the spirits know you want to explore this in your own time and space.

Also, let them know you need some 'me time' to work all this out before you make contact again.

There's one consolation we can take from all this though, if we can think we are 'going crazy', that usually means we aren't.

I have spent the past month putting my 'gift' of clairaudience under the spotlight, due to a lot of negative criticism.

Eventually, all that did, was go to strengthen my resolve and my belief, so I have to thank all my critics for that.

What I did to overcome this, was ask the 'spirit world' to just choose only one representative to speak to me, because all of them trying to vie for my attention on different levels of awareness, was just totally overwhelming to me.

Although, last night I decided to throw caution to the wind and open myself up as a direct conduit to the spirit world, just because I couldn't handle all the 'psychic pressure' anymore.

I'm still trying to pick up all the pieces of my fractured psyche this morning and overcoming spontaneous kundalini symptoms...suffice to say, I feel like something the cat has dragged in...chewed up...vomited up then rolled in kitty litter...

It will take a few weeks to get over this and I know to place better 'safeguards' there in future...not that I am worried about demons or anything, they don't bother me at all (I was one of them, once)...but the prospect of 'not being able to find my way back' is a tad disturbing.

I wish you all the best and peace out.

heather_lorrain
20-11-2015, 02:25 AM
My great-grandfather was known as an energy healer. I am highly intuitive and insightful, I had many paranormal experiences in my childhood. Including a spirit calling my name, and whispering in my ear while I slept which woke me up on many occasions. When I think back to this now, I believe it was a spirit whispering in Latin. Many of my paranormal experiences were haunting and terrifying, as a child I didn't know what to make of it other than being afraid. I also remember seeing what is known as a shadow person once or twice each day. On one occasion I saw an energy being which I could see right through backing away from me as I lay in bed awake.

I am not afraid anymore though, it has taken much self discovery and patience to be where I am today. I suggest mindfulness known as present moment awareness and meditation. I do not know how your fears will be dealt with, acceptance is a large part of it for myself as well.

If nothing more I hope this post serves to let you know, you are not alone in these types of experiences and abilities.

Thank you. The acceptance part I think will be my first hurdle to over come. Thank you for the reassurance though. Its mainly why I came here when you deal with it alone, you can feel very isolated I've noticed.

heather_lorrain
20-11-2015, 02:27 AM
']your mind is drifting off and in this state you can pick up on "other things"

i get these all the time when im falling asleep or resting my eyes, or perhaps ill daydream of something and then ill hear a vivid voice say something which is usually random and it goes away quickly because i always try to focus on it once i hear it and that usually causes what ever im hearing to stop, plus i dont know if that voice is just my own thoughts, as if im falling asleep or if its something supernatural.

sometimes when i close my eyes im awake and stuff and i have these images go through my mind like im dreaming, but then again they are more of images that im seeing and sounds too but im not really hearing the sounds, its kinda the sounds are in my thoughts. I dont think im dreaming because when i dream, im in my dreams doing stuff and interacting, this is more of just me watching stuff.

so scientifically your either entering theta state or perhaps you are slipping into hypnagogic state, theta state is restfulness state which i believe is also meditation state and some people say things like this can occur. And hypnagogic state is a special threashold state that is inbetween sleep/awake, but not to be confused with being tired or drowsy, you know when you fall into hypnagogic state because you will twitch, because you get this imense feeling of being detached from your balance for a quick second.

i dont hear anything vivid or long lasting like an entire phrase.. ill hear something like "we need to go ou..t..s.... i.de" as the last few words fade away from my senses.

its completely natural, our minds cycle through these states when we sleep and ever during the day we bounce around from alpha/beta/theta.

i will say tho from what ive read, this threashold state of awareness can be extremely freaky, like litterally youll see zombies and dragons and ghosts and stuff, but dont worry they cant really mess with you, not like they will eat you are anything, and even if they did i think once you came back into normal state of mind, all that flesh would be back. I actually got clawed by something as a wolf was growling behind me as i lyed in bed with sleep paralysis, which is a form of hypnogogic state, then they went away once i was able to move again :(

That's so weird that you brought up sleeping and sleep cycles. I've always found it odd that I've "dreamt" of something when I've only been "asleep" for 10 minutes. Its not enough time to enter into REM and have a proper dream. My sister laughs at me when I tell her some of the dreams I have. I may have to start paying better attention to those moments. Thanks for bringing it up.

Heather

heather_lorrain
20-11-2015, 02:34 AM
Hi and welcome to SF, Heather.

Just take things slowly, pace yourself and let the spirits know you want to explore this in your own time and space.

Also, let them know you need some 'me time' to work all this out before you make contact again.

There's one consolation we can take from all this though, if we can think we are 'going crazy', that usually means we aren't.

I have spent the past month putting my 'gift' of clairaudience under the spotlight, due to a lot of negative criticism.

Eventually, all that did, was go to strengthen my resolve and my belief, so I have to thank all my critics for that.

What I did to overcome this, was ask the 'spirit world' to just choose only one representative to speak to me, because all of them trying to vie for my attention on different levels of awareness, was just totally overwhelming to me.

Although, last night I decided to throw caution to the wind and open myself up as a direct conduit to the spirit world, just because I couldn't handle all the 'psychic pressure' anymore.

I'm still trying to pick up all the pieces of my fractured psyche this morning and overcoming spontaneous kundalini symptoms...suffice to say, I feel like something the cat has dragged in...chewed up...vomited up then rolled in kitty litter...

It will take a few weeks to get over this and I know to place better 'safeguards' there in future...not that I am worried about demons or anything, they don't bother me at all (I was one of them, once)...but the prospect of 'not being able to find my way back' is a tad disturbing.

I wish you all the best and peace out.

I think I understand a bit where you are coming from. I've been trying to meditate more (had a really frightening experience when I was 16 and haven't done it since) and today I found myself in a field and there was a lot of internal chatter and most of it didn't make sense since I couldn't really see anyone or make out full words or sentences. But as I was leaving I turned around and there must have been 30 people in the field behind me just "waiting' it was weird. I had to say not today and walk away. It was a first experience for me. I think I may need to work on these "safeguards".

Thanks again for the welcome :-)
Heather

Shivani Devi
20-11-2015, 06:18 AM
I think I understand a bit where you are coming from. I've been trying to meditate more (had a really frightening experience when I was 16 and haven't done it since) and today I found myself in a field and there was a lot of internal chatter and most of it didn't make sense since I couldn't really see anyone or make out full words or sentences. But as I was leaving I turned around and there must have been 30 people in the field behind me just "waiting' it was weird. I had to say not today and walk away. It was a first experience for me. I think I may need to work on these "safeguards".

Thanks again for the welcome :-)
HeatherDear Heather,

I had exactly the same experience as you when I first started using my Spirit Box...just a lot of 'internal chatter' and most of it didn't make sense and I couldn't really see anyone or make out full words and sentences....and everything you said above there....

There's a slight mental adjustment you can make through meditation and concentration that will enable you to just 'slow everything down to your speed' or to put 'your reality in synch with theirs'. Think of it as a badly dubbed 'Spaghetti Western' and you're half way there.

With patience, practice and growing/learning in your 'gift' and by controlling your breath before you try and control your thoughts, this may become a lot easier for you.

Try and get a digital recorder and go stand in that same field...but hey, that's just the old 'paranormal investigator' side coming out in me again. :wink:

All the best and peace.