PDA

View Full Version : I don't know.

Mr Interesting
17-11-2015, 08:00 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/quickkiwi/dory_zpssejw4kay.jpg

This is a new thread but yesterday I spoke, quite at length, to my friend about how it is becoming increasingly difficult to tell stories because the threads of each go so far back now and cross over and interlink with other stories that it has somehow become so much less about the stories themselves and just bringing forth the reliability of being within all the threads.

I recently was called to an off shore island to work and they not only welcomed me, these born and bred rebels who know their blood, but was offered land for my own to be a part of this relaxed but strident definition of life tied to an outpost of old ways and deep and abiding personalities.

But, and it's the buts that define us eventually despite all our vagaries of despising them, I already have quite the mess to tidy up never mind starting a new one. But in another sense I am of middle age and the idea of choosing a place to die in seems somehow appropriate as if indeed the top of the hill has been breached and good keen eyesight sees a descending slope and a lovely restful valley at it's bottom.

An adventure beckons as it were though typically it calls for brave measures and one of those is because it is an island one must not only learn to sail but one must arrive under ones own steam.

This above is for sale for 3,000.00 dollars and I want it. It's as simple as that and so I will buy (by) a lotto ticket this Saturday. Again but, though and smatterings of whatever it isn't about having this boat as realistically the driveway, as it comes with a trailer, just couldn't fit it... well it could at a stretch, except I would be defrayed too much from what lies around me and before me to the extent that whatever threads are connecting would knot up and possibly be beyond my ability to untie in the lazy but focused manner to which I am inclined.

When, then, futures are so bright and obvious we do take heed. Figuratively speaking it just isn't so yet... but it will be. Yes indeed, and could quite possibly be even more glorious if our patience succeeds in holding us to the pattern that exists.

And more so that future already is. That this sturdy and gliding thing through waters below skies which give us the grace to be within glistening moments already moves and sets the sails of now. That watching and doing always exist together in forgetfulness.

Swami Chihuahuananda
18-11-2015, 04:26 AM
Well, that's .... interesting .:wink:

Baile
18-11-2015, 10:56 AM
it has somehow become so much less about the stories themselves and just bringing forth the reliability of being within all the threads.
in the lazy but focused manner to which I am inclined.
even more glorious if our patience succeeds in holding us to the pattern that exists.
That watching and doing always exist together in forgetfulness.I finally bought a kayak two years ago. I live my lazy but focused life of forgetfulness in that thing.

Mr Interesting
18-11-2015, 06:34 PM
I think that, alike unstriving striving and thriftless thriftfulness, there is attached detachfulness whereby we are of the world but not of it... which doesn't quite cover it but goes at least a good ways towards expressing such things.

A friend of mine is a Bahai and so has been liking a few posts of such on facebook and I've enjoyed reading not least because instead of explanations there are simply very good and pertinent questions involved.

Maybe it's just my perspective at the moment but this fellow feels most to have gotten the simple fact that while he may have reached a specific point of enlightenment that the trick of the thing isn't in describing it as he feels it but that there is a usefulness in laying the groundwork which might allow others to come to that place.

There is a consideration within the words spoken that whilst he might look from one direction describing that is useless without a realisation of where others possibly not even seeking enlightenment might be looking from.

And it feels like this is what the world needs and that the plants and the animals and the wide open landscapes have always spoke so quietly of this anyways and a job worth doing might be transitive process between much alike it isn't attached or unattached but the space between growing.

Baile
18-11-2015, 06:38 PM
Maybe it's just my perspective at the moment but this fellow feels most to have gotten the simple fact that while he may have reached a specific point of enlightenment that the trick of the thing isn't in describing it as he feels it but that there is a usefulness in laying the groundwork which might allow others to come to that place.Somebody's been bobbing up and down daydreaming on the water, that is just so brilliantly correct.

Swami Chihuahuananda
18-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Yup (all of the above)
One of the big confusions I got over was thinking I knew the right way , and that I could tell other people how to do it and how not to .

Now , it's so much more ....appropriate , natural, easy , and sometimes even fun, to just describe a few things I see along the way , and reflect upon some of the twists and turns that make my walk to the river interesting to me . See, I know there's usually not enough water in my river for a boat , and I can sometimes walk right up the middle of the middle Rio Grande and barely get my ankles wet. It's a different journey for everyone .

"Fortune presents gifts not according to the book
When you expect whistles it's flutes
When you expect flutes it's whistles"

Dead Can Dance