PDA

View Full Version : Could my emotions be spiritual?

Curious-one
17-11-2015, 04:30 PM
Telling me either my conscience is bothering me or my spirit is trying to tell me something? Curious-One

Rokon
17-11-2015, 04:40 PM
Could my emotions be spiritual?
Absolutely! Emotions are God's Will informing God's Spirit what is being experienced. :icon_cyclops:

sky
17-11-2015, 04:56 PM
Telling me either my conscience is bothering me or my spirit is trying to tell me something? Curious-One

There are spiritual emotions and wordly emotions.

sky
17-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Absolutely! Emotions are God's Will informing God's Spirit what is being experienced. :icon_cyclops:

Spiritual emotions come from being one with God, wordly emotions come from the external.

Rokon
17-11-2015, 05:14 PM
Spiritual emotions come from being one with God, wordly emotions come from the external.
So emotions are broadcasts in two separate channels? :confused:

sky
17-11-2015, 06:09 PM
So emotions are broadcasts in two separate channels? :confused:

Anger, hatred, greed, envy etc: could not possibly be the holy spirit so I would say that negative emotions are external/ worldly.

Love, joy, acceptance etc: all positive emotions come from being in communion with God.

Mr Interesting
17-11-2015, 11:24 PM
I would suggest the broadcast is on all frequencies and it's where the receiver is set and how widely as to what is experienced... but we're really stretching already even whilst is is a lovely metaphor because if it goes on for pages arguing the point the outcome might even be a diagram, in shocking detail only engineers might comprehend, of the need to build a radio tower!

Eckhart tells us that our emotions are the result of our thoughts as the body adjusts and balances to those thoughts and I can't help thinking this kind of basis is a reliable platform before we go out seeking extra terrestrial possibilities.

Rokon
18-11-2015, 01:32 AM
I would suggest the broadcast is on all frequencies and it's where the receiver is set and how widely as to what is experienced... but we're really stretching already even whilst is is a lovely metaphor because if it goes on for pages arguing the point the outcome might even be a diagram, in shocking detail only engineers might comprehend, of the need to build a radio tower!

Thats good, "broadcast is on all frequencies".

Eckhart tells us that our emotions are the result of our thoughts as the body adjusts and balances to those thoughts...

I'm not a big Tolle fan even though he has some juice and good understandings that he has shared. In this case, regarding emotions I wonder why he said that. Emotions exist at all levels, especially in the lower astrals. I'm a huge fan of emotions and their importance in my spirituality.

Rah nam
18-11-2015, 04:21 AM

Emotions a simply a tool to learn on this level.
Are emotions spiritual, not directly, spirits don't have emotions, nor do entities or being, unless they are incarnated.
Once we learn what we need to learn, emotions will flatten out.

Shivani Devi
18-11-2015, 05:20 AM
I like the 'broadcast is on all frequencies' too...so I scan through all the frequencies hoping to get this broadcast message in full (Ghost Box user).

The replies in this thread really resonate with me.

Emotions are spiritual when they lead you to a better place within yourself and detrimental when they do not.

All the best.

Greenslade
18-11-2015, 08:02 AM
Telling me either my conscience is bothering me or my spirit is trying to tell me something? Curious-OneLife, the Universe and Everything is Spiritual, it's only definitions that separate Spiritual from non-Spiritual. Everything is a part of All That Is. Emotions are energy in motion, which is why they call them e-motions and usually they're a sign that there's a difference in energy levels somewhere along the line.

I would suggest the broadcast is on all frequencies and it's where the receiver is set and how widely as to what is experienced... but we're really stretching already even whilst is is a lovely metaphor because if it goes on for pages arguing the point the outcome might even be a diagram, in shocking detail only engineers might comprehend, of the need to build a radio tower! Not so much of the stretch. While the brain sends orders to the heart, the heart sends more orders to the brain. Every time our hearts beat they send out an electrical pulse into the Universe at the speed of light, and we're also surrounded by a bubble of energy. Science fact and measurable. The body is an antenna that picks up those signals, think of how touching a radio antenna can make the signal clearer.

Greenslade
18-11-2015, 08:17 AM
Oops, time lag.

kkfern
18-11-2015, 01:04 PM
emotios are pat of the first set of chakras. to emote or think /feel about things within yourself. feelings are when you start the second set. it is no longer aout you, it is about you and others.

kk

Curious-one
18-11-2015, 05:10 PM
There are spiritual emotions and wordly emotions.
sky123,

What is the difference between spiritual emotions and worldly emotions? One cannot see (except the tears and feel the pain), but emotional pain one can feel, there is a difference? Writer-One

sky
18-11-2015, 05:43 PM
sky123,

What is the difference between spiritual emotions and worldly emotions? One cannot see (except the tears and feel the pain), but emotional pain one can feel, there is a difference? Writer-One

Spiritual emotions are when you are in communion with God.
Wordly are based upon the "Iness " the ego.

bluebird21
19-11-2015, 04:51 AM
I think of feelings as a compass for the soul, assuming one is emotionally balanced. I believe following them is your best bet to happiness. Btw, everything is spiritual ;)

Mr Interesting
19-11-2015, 06:34 PM
In reference to the question aren't emotions more like the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff. Seems we might be better looking at what creates the emotion in the first place and if indeed emotions have causes. Therefore, and excuse my analytic indulgences, emotions are the result of something else which isn't emotional so looking to that might in fact tell us, if we even need to know, whether emotions are spiritual or materially based.

Just yesterday my cats deposited what was a very large rat by the back door and it's back was broken yet it was trying to crawl off so I picked it up and questioned the cats, who were hanging about, as to whether one or the other was interested in finishing it off and neither were so I took it out the back and chopped it's head off and was almost surprised when no rush of emotion hit me upon it's demise... yet at other times, with these rats the cats catch then play with, I have been there at the point of death and come over all emotional like especially an attachment to what might be compassion when sadness and joy seem so intertwined as to be absolutely beautiful.

For me then I don't actually really question whether an emotion is spiritual or worldly in most circumstances... it simply is what it is, which is to say it is an outpouring of something better poured than held back to identify what it might be.

But at other times, as other emotions have arisen, I've definitely attained a watching mode and simply seen, as it were, these emotions flowing and in this context the nature of the emotion itself doesn't seem to matter at all but what is of consequence is that I'm watching it and maybe this is the difference we are seeking to identify. Not so much the emotion itself but the way we are with and without that emotion which may deem ourselves spiritual or worldly.

I've just written a bunch of stuff and I really have no idea what I'm talking about but I did and there we go... some space filled and me waking up to a new day... with lots of weed pulling on this particular one.

rebecca
20-11-2015, 09:24 PM
To Mr. Interesting - thank goodness, a voice of reason. Only my opinion - but once I started considering Tolle (Eckhart) and eavesdropping (in a serious way) on what the 'voice in the head' was yammering about I found the pathway to understanding the dynamics behind much of my distress in life. Channeling spirit guides, studying your astral chart, feeling the lumps on your cranium, etc, etc. etc. may be attractive to many people just because they provide a sort of psychic scapegoat (just my opinion) on which to blame your problems. It may work...as a distraction... for awhile, but there's no real solution there.

Let's face it, human beings are complicated, and we can easily become our "own worst enemy" - not on purpose of course, but because we don't really have a clue as to why we are so miserable and that in fact (much of the time) we ourselves are creating our miserable states by the way we are thinking. EMOTIONS FOLLOW THOUGHT...not the other way around,

Dyer; 'change your thoughts, change your life'...Tolle; 'our emotions are a result of our thoughts'... Lucinda Bassett (anxiety therapist); 'your anxiety is a DIRECT RESULT of the way you are thinking'. This isn't something I've dreamed up on my own. My own version (now) is; 'your emotions are your body's response to what you are thinking'

Find a good therapist who is familiar with psychosomatic (psycho = mind, soma = body) problems and work with THEM (not your astral guides...) to resolve the issues in your life. You haven't done anything wrong, you simply don't understand what's going on and therefore have no way to help yourself. Be kind and compassionate to others, AND ESPECIALLY TO YOURSELF.

Rokon
20-11-2015, 10:20 PM
EMOTIONS FOLLOW THOUGHT...not the other way around,

Dyer; 'change your thoughts, change your life'...Tolle; 'our emotions are a result of our thoughts'... Lucinda Bassett (anxiety therapist); 'your anxiety is a DIRECT RESULT of the way you are thinking'. This isn't something I've dreamed up on my own. My own version (now) is; 'your emotions are your body's response to what you are thinking'

Find a good therapist who is familiar with psychosomatic (psycho = mind, soma = body) problems and work with THEM (not your astral guides...) to resolve the issues in your life. You haven't done anything wrong, you simply don't understand what's going on and therefore have no way to help yourself. Be kind and compassionate to others, AND ESPECIALLY TO YOURSELF.
Try reading a technical book, or trade magazine, something completely unemotional like javascript for dummies.

Now stop reading and discern if you have a certain mood. Most people who are not psychopaths will notice emotions that haven't a thing to do with thoughts. Those emotions were there while you were reading, in the background perhaps maybe the forefront. Thoughts might "trigger" emotions periodically but emotions are mostly independent. You can wake up with moods (feelings) and emotions that are not connected in any way to conscious thoughts. Musicians often can play music with very little conscious thoughts and still feel a stream of emotions flow. I don't know why Tolle or Dyer would claim emotions follow thoughts. It simply does not follow, imo.

Lycan
21-11-2015, 03:23 AM
Emotions a simply a tool to learn on this level.
Are emotions spiritual, not directly, spirits don't have emotions, nor do entities or being, unless they are incarnated.
Once we learn what we need to learn, emotions will flatten out.

I disagree, I think emotion/feeling is a universal principle that exists on all levels. Spirits and source itself possess infinite feeling. But as another user pointed out, there is spiritual and wordly levels of feeling.

Rah nam
21-11-2015, 03:36 AM
I disagree, I think emotion/feeling is a universal principle that exists on all levels. Spirits and source itself possess infinite feeling. But as another user pointed out, there is spiritual and wordly levels of feeling.

You obviously never had any contact with anyone in 5 density or higher.
Or you misinterpret lover with emotions. Love as most would know is not an emotion.
Emotions are learning tools in third and forth density.
But feel free to disagree.

Mr Interesting
21-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Hmm, where do we go from here?

Everybody is obviously at different places in coming to understand what emotions are and surely that is the point; that we are cognisant of our emotional life and that they are not a runaway train that steers us without an apparent will on our behalf to direct ourselves.

Go within sayeth the Sages and increasingly I'm far less interested in answers and more inclined to what might be more poignant questions.

I myself have found emotions to be something in particular and given they have been part of my experience and that experience is one of questioning by going within then it really does stand to reason that emotions are indeed spiritual. But isn't it less about the answers I might have found and more about me taking the time to explore myself and find an inner reliance in what I've discovered?

Greenslade
22-11-2015, 11:53 AM
But isn't it less about the answers I might have found and more about me taking the time to explore myself and find an inner reliance in what I've discovered?This is a Journey to Self and you are not the question looking for the answer, you are the answer looking for the question.

Life, the Universe and everything in it is Spiritual - if there is no separation that Spiritual people create. Like the Spirituality of sitting on the toilet, mundane is only mundane when you make it that way`but when you make it Spiritual something very different happens.