PDA

View Full Version : Healing Spiritual Burn-Out

Shivani Devi
15-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Greetings, fellow SFers,

I found this forum after a very long and protracted catharsis, involving a stagnation of my own spiritual progress, combined with harsh criticism from others over the very nature of my belief system.

I found myself straying away from the peace and serenity I have thus far experienced, into realms of hostile, unwanted emotion combined with a defensive attitude.

For me, it just seemed like any application outweighed any reward.

I realised my faith/belief was being 'tested'...but all I could think of was 'yeah...go test somebody else for a while, but leave me alone'.

I feel totally run down, burnt out and just...tired. On all levels...just tired.

I've tried taking a 'spiritual hiatus', but that only made me more complacent and lethargic...feeling the need to start my practices once more.

I think I need a 'healing' or something to get me back on track here. What do you all suggest? Thank you for your time and patience.

Curious-one
15-11-2015, 04:05 PM
Necromancer,
Why do we have trials in our life? I to am having serious emotions I cannot put my finger on. Therefore there must be something wrong somewhere in my life? The question is where and why? Curious-one

Shivani Devi
15-11-2015, 04:33 PM
It has been way too easy for me to blame this all on karma. That just seemed like a 'cop out' for some reason.

I also thought sincere service and prayer would help to mitigate some of it...who was I kidding? yeah, I know...myself.

There's actually a term for it...it's called 'The Dark Night Of The Soul'...but I must be living in Alaska during the winter time...or something.

Thanks for your reply.

LifeWhispers
15-11-2015, 09:14 PM
Greetings, fellow SFers,

I found this forum after a very long and protracted catharsis, involving a stagnation of my own spiritual progress, combined with harsh criticism from others over the very nature of my belief system.

I found myself straying away from the peace and serenity I have thus far experienced, into realms of hostile, unwanted emotion combined with a defensive attitude.

For me, it just seemed like any application outweighed any reward.

I realised my faith/belief was being 'tested'...but all I could think of was 'yeah...go test somebody else for a while, but leave me alone'.

I feel totally run down, burnt out and just...tired. On all levels...just tired.

I've tried taking a 'spiritual hiatus', but that only made me more complacent and lethargic...feeling the need to start my practices once more.

I think I need a 'healing' or something to get me back on track here. What do you all suggest? Thank you for your time and patience.
It is hard to listen to the criticisms of others. And I think it's normal to experience the ups and downs. Take a break from the world for a while, relax and try spending some quality time with yourself and just 'be'.

I believe, even with the bad times, we are always exactly where we are suppose to be. As hard as it is to see now, these are the times we will look back on and be thankful for. This is when we do our learning and growing. And even though the reason why, may not be clear to us at the moment, you can rest assured there is a reason, you are right where you need to be, and you are only going to benefit from experiencing this and pushing through it. You will come out stronger in the end.

dryad
16-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Explore soul connection if that is in any way compatible with your belief system. Best recharge there is.

Serrao
16-11-2015, 02:31 PM
You could try grounding by being mindful during normal daily activities.

Shivani Devi
17-11-2015, 12:13 AM
Thank you all for your kind word and advice.

Yes, I think I need to take a holiday or something - just go somewhere else and doing something different just for a change of scenery.

I also think I'm spending too much time watching TV and on the internet and my mobile phone...I think I need to cut down all my 'e-time' as well.

...and mindfulness is an excellent practice I used to do, but favoured detachment over it, so I'll go back to mindfulness for some 'grounding'.

What is this 'soul connection' thing, dryad?

Thank you all again *hugs*

dryad
17-11-2015, 09:04 AM
If you draw two circles one inside the other like a donut. The smaller one is you. The larger one is the rest of your soul that you are not consciously aware of. If you expand your sense of self to include the larger circle then you can increase the connection between the two circles which means more energy from the larger circle flows into your small circle. This will often give you more sense of purpose and direction in your life. Most of the abilities we think of as psychic rely on that higher energy and the more of it you can access the more you can use them. All the higher realms are accessed through the soul too. Past lives exist within the soul (like sprinkles on the donut) and they can be contacted as guides or past life knowledge.

If this works with your belief system then contact is made through the soul star chakra above the crown. You can send your consciousness up to connect with the soul consciousness or the soul consciousness may come down to your level.

Shivani Devi
17-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Thank you for explaining that to me - I must try it.

For now, my body is telling me what to do - I need to eat more raw fresh fruit and veg...give up dairy, gluten, sugar, processed food, artificial colours/flavours, animal protein, food in tins, frozen food, oils and fats.

(I've also had a lot of digestive problems lately with nausea and vomiting attacks 2-3 times a week).

I also need to place my bed in a different position in my bedroom and keep the window open while I sleep for fresh air during the night - I need to keep my bedroom totally free of dust and clutter.

I'm also going to try hydrotherapy in my shower up to 4-5 times a day.

Spend less time on the computer, mobile phone and watching TV.

I'm starting to think this is environmental and I am developing multiple chemical sensitivities now. =(