PDA

View Full Version : My imagination is not my own

Remnantique
14-11-2015, 09:33 PM
Hi =) so I've started reading this book about learning to harness the power of clairvoyance we all share and I'm just doing a simple grounding technique. In this technique you connect your chord to the earth from your body to ground yourself and then release the energy around you down through the cord.

I'll try not to waffle because I'm not great at getting to the point lol but basically whenever I visual anything I have trouble. For example I imagined standing on top of a cliff with the chord holding me to the earth. Now as the did this and manipulated the type of chord, my visualisations immediately escaped me and I flew far away from the earth up out of our galaxy. I tried re attaching myself but it was an ongoing battle with my own mind.

Whenever I visualise anything it feels like someone or something is forcing it different to what I want. Imagine a cog rotating clockwise in your head. Simple? Not for me, the cog will start going anti clockwise and I'd try to get it clockwise but it would just stay in one spot. It's as if I have no control over my own visualisations!

I loved the feeling of releasing my energy and the chord because I was just letting it all go and didn't have to worry. I feel the best when I just let things play out in my mind and don't try to visualise. The annoying thing is just when I need to imagine something and something else keeps changing what I want it to be lol

Any thoughts on this? Is it possibly my spirits inner self telling me I don't have to conform to what I believe I should see and just enjoy the ride or is this something more sinister at work?

Touched
15-11-2015, 12:19 AM
If the feeling is that powerful, then let it go and see where it goes.

You are safe no matter what, as long as you remember to anchor to who you are. :hug3:

Rah nam
15-11-2015, 01:58 AM
Always go with what comes to you. Rather then following a script follow your higher self.

engellstein
15-11-2015, 02:30 AM
Sounds like dyslexia lol.

It is probably some type of emotional blockage that keeps you from doing what you intend. Dyslexia and many other learning disabilities are actually emotional blockages, though no psychologist will tell you that.

Figure out how to get to the beliefs that are holding you back and release them.

dryad
15-11-2015, 09:46 AM
Sounds like the sort of thing a trickster aspect would do. It's not sinister it's just a part of you but they love having fun and would think that is hilarious. Try talking to it and work together. Tricksters can be good or bad but if you understand their nature you can get them to be helpful. Start with "who wants to have some fun" and whatever you want to do turn it into a game.

naturesflow
15-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Hi =) so I've started reading this book about learning to harness the power of clairvoyance we all share and I'm just doing a simple grounding technique. In this technique you connect your chord to the earth from your body to ground yourself and then release the energy around you down through the cord.

I'll try not to waffle because I'm not great at getting to the point lol but basically whenever I visual anything I have trouble. For example I imagined standing on top of a cliff with the chord holding me to the earth. Now as the did this and manipulated the type of chord, my visualisations immediately escaped me and I flew far away from the earth up out of our galaxy. I tried re attaching myself but it was an ongoing battle with my own mind.

Whenever I visualise anything it feels like someone or something is forcing it different to what I want. Imagine a cog rotating clockwise in your head. Simple? Not for me, the cog will start going anti clockwise and I'd try to get it clockwise but it would just stay in one spot. It's as if I have no control over my own visualisations!

I loved the feeling of releasing my energy and the chord because I was just letting it all go and didn't have to worry. I feel the best when I just let things play out in my mind and don't try to visualise. The annoying thing is just when I need to imagine something and something else keeps changing what I want it to be lol

Any thoughts on this? Is it possibly my spirits inner self telling me I don't have to conform to what I believe I should see and just enjoy the ride or is this something more sinister at work?

Ones inner conflict between controlling things and allowing things, works on many levels to show us ourselves as we are and can be.

Lorelyen
15-11-2015, 01:56 PM
Hi =)

Are you reasonably new to this? I ask because you are far from alone having trouble with visualisation and it all comes down to practice and discipline. You have to make a separate exercise of it if you want to sharpen up. Start with simple objects like the Tattwa symbols against a black background or similar.

Some people master visualisation (within reason, like holding precisely the same image for maybe 5 minutes) in a month, some take years.

Mr Interesting
15-11-2015, 04:38 PM
I kind of suppose it comes down to heart led visualisations and mind led visualisations at least that's how it works for me. Heart led no problem and I can visualise just about anything but mind led, where I might try and do chakra work... forget it, can't hold anything at all.

Interestingly enough though, after giving up on the mind doing visuals, I can do energy things led by the mind. So maybe it's less about the target and more about the integration.

MIND POWER
15-11-2015, 04:56 PM

Delete this.

Lycan
16-11-2015, 02:07 AM
Mental visualization can be very difficult to some people. It used to be wicked hard for me and I had problems kind of similar to what you are describing. I am a bit better at it now. Maybe it could help you to use artistic expression to help with your visualizations. I have had good results by drawing or painting what I wanted to visualize with intention. Have you tried anything like that?

Remnantique
17-11-2015, 06:59 PM
I am quite new to visualisation, i've just starting reading that book and i've already learnt so much, i love it! I've already discovered about myself what my spirit really wants for me. It teaches you to keep your spirit & body/mind on the same page. I think this whole time my body has been afraid to speak out and speak in general but my inner spirit is telling me that I love people and should just get over my fear and talk and I have and it's great ^^