PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel your spiritual life is dragging you down ?

DoctorStrange
12-11-2015, 02:37 PM
I feel it. I have so much to "work on" from a previous life.
I'm basically trying to right the wrongs of previous lives. It's such a lot of work. And i feel so tired a lot of the times.

Anyone ?

Horse
12-11-2015, 02:55 PM
My understanding is its not your spiritual life thats dragging you down, thats just the belief that comes with your suffering at this moment. Likewise for this idea that you're correcting wrongs from a previous previous life. It may be more that you're correcting wrongs of this life. Not something you've done anything wrong, more about wrong perceptions, perceptions you are correcting on your path to awakening. Your perception of yourself, what you believe yourself to be and how that relates to others. You know the Hanged Man tarot card:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2b/RWS_Tarot_12_Hanged_Man.jpg
hes not hanging from the tree because hes done something wrong. Hes hanging from the tree by his own will. Through this process of hanging upside down in the dark, something is gained. Thats what the sun symbolises. Enlightenment. Like the alchemists say, finding the highest in the lowest. Finding God in the darkness.

Mr Interesting
12-11-2015, 07:37 PM
I had an experience of a past life a few years ago when I was making a jacket and had a set of both knowledge and images which told me who I was making the jacket for and what the relationship I'd had with this person was and while it was certainly invigorating in that moment to understand those connections within that time is has carried on being entirely worthwhile seeing the edges of the time it was within moving out into my life at large and seeing the interplay between how that life might have been perceived within that particular life and how those perceptions are a set of possibilities to review how I live this actual life.

The thing is though that while I can analyse all this intellectually in hindsight I don't hold any of this, at least I hope not, in front of me as I approach this life itself... it washes over me and I float where the current takes me just like, and this has just appeared as an image too, that whilst the incoming waves seem to rush up the beach... the wave before slide underneath and returns to the ocean.

And as my friend said yesterday in a flash of insight after I'd suggested that Jesus saying total belief will move the mountain "just move turn your head and the mountain has moved".

naturesflow
12-11-2015, 10:43 PM
I feel it. I have so much to "work on" from a previous life.
I'm basically trying to right the wrongs of previous lives. It's such a lot of work. And i feel so tired a lot of the times.

Anyone ?

Why don't you slow down then?

Why don't you rest some?

When we land in the chaos we have choice to slow things down our own way...Sort and let go find our centre to cope.

Deepsoul
12-11-2015, 10:52 PM
I am at peace with my spirituality,,,,,the longer version affirmation I made up is on my my space section,Loving Life with Deepsoul ,Yes we All feel this way at times Im

certain Experiencingthejourney...very wise words from Barnacle, another thing Im working with is neurosis ,one can be are obsessive at times .Ive had to ground out

alot lately ,get out of my head so to say by labeliing things around me , computer, cat ,here, now ...ok then hope your feeling better soon...

Rah nam
12-11-2015, 11:59 PM
I don't have a spiritual life, I just have a life.
How I live this life depends on my inner compass, my ability to be just toward myself and others, my ability to let go, forgive myself and others.
No struggle no accomplishment.

Light Seeker
13-11-2015, 12:05 AM
It's OK and normal to feel karmically tired. We cannot make all of that right...Multiple life times being atoned for in just One life time ..Even the Math don't make sense.

You have come a very long way , It would be a terrible shame if guilt from the previous or future or even simultaneous lives should serve as an obstacle to this you now.

Shivani Devi
13-11-2015, 05:45 AM
I have also been feeling rather 'bogged down' of late and that's because I have found I've been 'scattering my energy' too much and often, into places where my energy doesn't really need to be scattered. (i.e trying to defend my beliefs and experiences to those who say "spirituality is just a load of bull").

Self-realisation is a very lonely process and a highly demanding path to take and it's like walking on a razor's edge sometimes and not everybody can keep it up for a considerable length of time before it starts wearing them down.

Like the above poster says, take a break and see how you feel after that.
I also like the analogy of the 'hanged man' it is very appropriate.

In the end, I realise only I am responsible for my own spiritual progress and if you believe in god/higher being/spirit guide etc, it's best just to open your heart up to them, bear your soul and totally surrender your ego and will.

Then, you may get the answers you seek, just as I have...and I am still trying to work though this and 'go with the flow' instead of fighting it, like a salmon trying to swim upstream in a polluted river.

I wish you all the best along the path you have chosen to walk. Peace out.

Mr Interesting
13-11-2015, 06:46 PM
And Thankyou very much Experiencing the Journey for bringing this up simply because the way you put it gave me the impetus to review somewhat what I have long thought was a twin flame relationship but has, over time, revealed itself to be more simply just a sense of guilt at having stuffed up a relationship in a past life and seeking to make amends.

And so with your own attitudinal response I was able to see myself in the same light and wonder what it might be within me that created that orientation which has made this particular relationship such a dramatic burden and realise I actually have absolutely no real reason to make amends.

So I went into a meditation to be with this idea and this soon resulted in a change of attitude from 'What more could I possibly do to make this right?' to ' Oh well, I can't really be bothered with having wronged you in some way that I can't remember so I'm just going to let it go and fall where it will.'

And I felt so light and breezy for the rest of the day... smiling my head off all over the place. Now it's come back I wee bit and there's a few snags around the edges, I haven't completely let go, as it were, but at least I've found my responsibility as a real thing hanging on to what really doesn't need to be hung on to.

Funnily enough, because I'm a builder and often that which I build is tied to emotional ideas, I have collected a whole bunch of big wood to build a small writers chalet in the backyard in which this she could live and for the rent cook the meals for us already here but it was getting entirely over complicated until this realisation occurred at which point I just simply defined what I actually wanted this little house to be and the design just fell out almost complete.

So in this I kind of see a freedom tied somewhat to this idea of what I think is called winnowing... yup, sorting the wheat from the chaff. This building of a small house is a great idea and the past life is the impetus but I had to reach a point of thrashing out the chaff, letting go the straw and the pests... get to just the wheat of it.

And so this deeper part of me knows that while she may never arrive to that which is built in her honour it is the honour that actually counts. I am no longer trying to honour that which is dead and gone but a set of possibilities that gives her, and me, freedom to go out and explore futures with the past more stable and unhindered by rickety foundations... only heartwood remains.

Sarian
13-11-2015, 07:39 PM
I've been all over the place on my journey. I went through the curiosity and hope and then the big let down of wondering if it's all a load of **** and thought I really didn't believe in anything and this will sound awful but that a lot of so called spiritual people perhaps had mental illnesses. I stayed thinking that for a time, sadly, but that said (some I do think have problems) but something that seems instinctual comes back that there is something more to me and this life and all of us and some grasp it, some get it, some are curious, some are totally unaware or don't care or don't believe...but something in me tugs at me continually to get up, listen, go with it and I am and I am not going to slough it off anymore of scoff at it, but I am accepting it, and embracing it and I am now really enjoying it and enjoying the benefits of accepting it and believing there is more to me and this universe. :-)