PDA

View Full Version : Not judging anyone

Baybee123
11-11-2015, 07:05 PM
I am keen to know why people want to get tattoos and piercings. I have 2 tattoos and piercings myself so I'm not judging anyone here. I'm starting to think that the reason I want a tattoo or piercings is because I'm searching who I am and trying to find myself. I'm
Not happy with who I am and trying to change myself by adding a tattoo or piercing on my body.
Could this be a reason?

Lorelyen
11-11-2015, 07:53 PM
We judge each other all the time, wittingly or not. When you get tattoos or piercings people judge you differently from before. They may stereotype you differently.

But do you think these adornments will change you in a way you want to be changed? Best at first to decide what you want to be. These adornments will affect both your self-image and the image you present (as people see you). Some will change toward you so you'll almost certainly change in response.

Clover
11-11-2015, 07:56 PM
My mom had my ears pierced at 3 months old. It's a cultural thing. :D I know people who get tattoos with major life events like marathon running,amended laws, and birth of children. I admire looking at them. They are artistic and fascinating especially if they have significance to them.

I don't have any because I don't. No reason in particular either and I wouldn't judge anyone if they did. I think we have reached a time in our society where it's pretty acceptable and hip.. The woman who runs my daughters parent committee has a sleeve of tattoos, she's pretty darn amazing too.

Gotta' do the work if your unhappy, a tattoo will not offer any more change than a new hair cut.

naturesflow
11-11-2015, 08:44 PM
I am keen to know why people want to get tattoos and piercings. I have 2 tattoos and piercings myself so I'm not judging anyone here. I'm starting to think that the reason I want a tattoo or piercings is because I'm searching who I am and trying to find myself. I'm
Not happy with who I am and trying to change myself by adding a tattoo or piercing on my body.
Could this be a reason?

Depends, we are a creative vessels don't forget, creative expression comes in many ways of creating ourselves into being. If your a visual person (like myself ) Its a way to open the visionary creative expression, adorning the body in this way, is no different to the expression of clothes I wear. Meaning I wear clothes that resonate with my mood, my love of colour, texture, shape, uniqueness.

If I got a tattoo and piercing now, which I wouldn't mind..it would be more about the fact that I just love them and would create them in a way that related to some or all of the above I mentioned.. a creative piece with no attachment, just to enjoy...

But certainly early on in my life it would have been for a reason I imagine knowing how attached I was to various things..

Getting one now, I think it wouldn't be something I would get tired of, I think I would be able to settle on something that would see me out..:wink:

Lucyan28
11-11-2015, 08:45 PM
I have one myself on my shoulder, it was supposed to be a husky :D I love them, but it looks really bad like a sick fluffy squirrel or something even worse lol, I will cover this tattoo soon with a city or a forest in all my arm, I think it will look f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s !

Like Clover said, we get a tattoo because a major change happens in our life.

Also I want a piercing in my left ear.

Lucyan28
11-11-2015, 08:47 PM
We judge each other all the time, wittingly or not. When you get tattoos or piercings people judge you differently from before. They may stereotype you differently.

But do you think these adornments will change you in a way you want to be changed? Best at first to decide what you want to be. These adornments will affect both your self-image and the image you present (as people see you). Some will change toward you so you'll almost certainly change in response.

Indeed, tattoos have great power, those who judge tattoos and are superficial people will avoid us (I'm thankful for that :D ), and those who really look deep inside the person will not judge us and will try to meet and connect with us.

naturesflow
11-11-2015, 08:50 PM
I have one myself on my shoulder, it was supposed to be a husky :D I love them, but it looks really bad like a sick fluffy squirrel or something even worse lol, [QUOTE]I will cover this tattoo soon with a city or a forest in all my arm, I think it will look f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s !

Oh I like the sound of that...I love the tattoo show that airs during the week, where they redesign bad tattoo's, its amazing what can come from something pretty gross. lol.

Lucyan28
11-11-2015, 08:53 PM
Oh I like the sound of that...I love the tattoo show that airs during the week, where they redesign bad tattoo's, its amazing what can come from something pretty gross. lol.

yeah I know lol, I've carried my gross husky (tattoo) for 13 years now :redface:

Iit's time for a change :D

naturesflow
11-11-2015, 09:05 PM
yeah I know lol, I've carried my gross husky (tattoo) for 13 years now :redface:

Iit's time for a change :D

You should post a picture of your gross husky so we can see how gross he is..lol.

Then we could start a thread on how to redesign Lucyan's gross husky, come sick squirrel lookalike tattoo..(all ideas welcome) haha

:biggrin:

Baybee123
11-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Thank you..
Although there was no major changes in my life when I had my tattoo done. I always wanted one so I got it. :)

naturesflow
11-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Thank you..
Although there was no major changes in my life when I had my tattoo done. I always wanted one so I got it. :)

Sometimes we get what we want, sometimes we don't..you did. :cool:

Rokon
11-11-2015, 09:21 PM
Thank you..
A most excellent reason! It can also be a statement of rebellion. "My body, my choice". Or an artistic stamp, like adding some rambunctious syncopation to a simple song. :cool:

Lucyan28
11-11-2015, 09:39 PM
You should post a picture of your gross husky so we can see how gross he is..lol.

Then we could start a thread on how to redesign Lucyan's gross husky, come sick squirrel lookalike tattoo..(all ideas welcome) haha

:biggrin:

hahaha that would be interesting, then let's create a thread with the gross husky tattoo lol :redface:

MIND POWER
14-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Never judge anybody totally, because you don't know what battles they are facing! and life in some ways is act! some of the bravest people are the greatest actors in life! but on the surface they might just seem normal to you.

But i believe we have to judge people to a certain degree (For our own safety and navigation in this game of life), you see we are not excalty living in waltz Disney land! or sesame street....

And even if i was living waltz Disney land, i would still be judging people to a certain extent. Snow White, Micky Mouse........there are some shady characters! especially on sesame street.

But yeh.......you have to judge people to a certain degree but not totally!

Adrienne
14-11-2015, 08:34 PM
shady characters on sesame street ? :icon_eek:

MIND POWER
14-11-2015, 09:31 PM
shady characters on sesame street ? :icon_eek:

I used to love watching sesame street Curls! even if it was shady at times...

Big Bird was abit shady, and that fella who lived in the bin who was really angry all the time..haha! but to be fair they use to always torment him! well that's what it seemed like to me as a kid....

I used to love the (Number of the day) part of the show aswell! haha.

I loved learning about certain numbers..haha

Adrienne
14-11-2015, 09:36 PM
ha ha, I know what you mean now ...... thanks ! can't recall any of them having tattoos or ear piercings though, lol ( getting back to the topic, sorry )

BuzzCap7
14-11-2015, 09:39 PM
I believe there are multiple reasons why people get tattoos. IMHO, it is often done due to a low self-image.

Now keep in mind I said "… often…" not always so don't you get your dander up. :hug2: And I am not speaking off the cuff.

BuzzCap7

yeshee camar
14-11-2015, 10:41 PM
i gallo on that we got to find ourselfs 'and a to judge is a mr. me' toady crop'd sel-fly crown'd. what are the arguments and what are whats sled backs. does fairness count over on down. 'is it fair on on what should go popular and strong adventures.'

MIND POWER
15-11-2015, 02:16 AM
haha! should of read the whole opening post! instead of wading in...

So i see you want a tattoo? its got to mean something to you, and be authentic in my opinion. Words and symbols i don't really find attractive, its like you are branding yourself like some clothing item! but that's just me....

But then sometimes i once knew some girl who had like a flower vine type tattoo on the side of her belly! and i thought that was really attractive and original! very attractive!

I had my ears pierced, afew years ago! it went down well, but i felt like too much of a spice boy...

So i have lay them days to rest..haha

Mr Interesting
15-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Myself I started drawing at about two so this talent has always been pretty throw away orientated which is to say I've seen things entirely relevant disappear into total irrelevance over and over again. So marks in whatever form serve a purpose in that time and place not of themselves as such but as a way to integrate and can even sometimes go beyond the commonplace and achieve a certain timelessness and getting to the point where the timelessness is appearing as we do it, and know it, well, that feels to be the point of it all.

I like what Mr Tolle says of such things and even compares such strange bedmates as homosexuality and tattoos as mere seeking to shift oneself away from the strictures of the common identity and that to then use such as identity is losing what such decisions gave us in the first place. So while standing out and being different might seem as if it is the point it is possibly more the simple fact we found within ourselves a need to stand alone.