PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Lost and Unsettled

radiatelove
11-11-2015, 05:34 PM
Hi. I don't know how to really phrase this, and it's kind of hard to explain. I basically feel lost. I'm not who I want to be, and I'm not sure how I can become who I want to be. I feel like I'm stuck in a mold and can't change, even though I know I can.

I feel like the days are passing by and I'm stressed, unhappy, and not living the life I imagined. I don't know how to fix it.

I don't know if maybe this is a spiritual awakening or something? But I'm looking for something.

I guess I'm looking for any sort of advice here. And have any of you ever felt this way?

Lucyan28
11-11-2015, 05:49 PM
You are in the right path, our emotions show us what we need to heal/fix/correct/evolve/change/transform, I know it could be unsettle but it is worth it.

You could do a lot of things, first you need to know what you really like, what you really are passionate about, then start doing those things, little by little, step by step.

Go to the beach or to the forest, a trip to the nature might really help you, it's important for you to be alone, so you could listen to your deepest thoughts.

Blessings.

Fleur de Frost
11-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Hi!

What helped pull me out of the heaviest, most emotionally dense (and simultaneously numb) part of this was remembering everything that made me come alive as a child. Rather than blindly pursuing those same interests or passions, I asked myself why. You don't have to run to the nearest playground and whisk down every slide in sight :) It would help, though, to analyze why you loved that so much.

I loved Disney as a child, and it's still a ginormous part of my life; but my love for it wound up weakening during this state of confusion, depression, numbness. It seemed like my soul only resonated with the messages Disney exemplified when I was most in touch with myself. So instead of popping in all the Disney DVDs I own, I sat down and asked myself what about Disney I adore. Finally, I came to realize that it strengthened the part of me that could dream, and wish, and love, and look to the future with hope. Those are integral qualities to me. Feeling this way - weighed down by the gravity of emotions - wasn't who I truly was. It was just dust I've accumulated along the way that masked my truest self. Once I recognized that piece of my soul, I was able to reconnect with it and view the world through its lenses again.

To even reach this point, though, you have to keep feeling until your spirit screams at you to stop. You won't get rid of the emotions until you've learned their accompanying lesson; trying to fight that process will only scar the wounds deeper. And no one can tell you when you're ready - you'll just know. I promise. You'll know when it's time to recover, and you'll know when it's time to live in 100% color again.

When you are ready, that's when you can press rewind and rebuild your life up to this point. The coolest part is that, now, you'll have the power from the lessons you've learned - that never goes away, even if you start the 'tape' of your life back over again.

I hope this helps! Sending lots and lots of love and hope. <3 Good luck.

WhiteWarrior
11-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Hi. I don't know how to really phrase this, and it's kind of hard to explain. I basically feel lost. I'm not who I want to be, and I'm not sure how I can become who I want to be. I feel like I'm stuck in a mold and can't change, even though I know I can.

I feel like the days are passing by and I'm stressed, unhappy, and not living the life I imagined. I don't know how to fix it.

I don't know if maybe this is a spiritual awakening or something? But I'm looking for something.

I guess I'm looking for any sort of advice here. And have any of you ever felt this way?

Oh, I can so relate to this. If I have any advice to give on that, it is.... get a hobby. A new one, or one that you had a long time ago. Basically it gives you something new that you can focus on but without pressure. If you are a solitary creature like me, start collecting something that will require a lot of research. If you are social, join a club or society or even a course on something - it is an excellent way to meet new people, and you learn stuff too. It does help to have a little talent for it in the first place of course. Of course this isn't life changing activities by themselves but it DOES help.

Greenslade
11-11-2015, 08:41 PM
But I'm looking for something.Yes you are, it seems. It was how I lived my Life for a long time, never feeling anything like comfortable or that there was meaning in my existence. But I figured that Spirit wasn't stupid and if I was here then there had to be a reason for it, and if there was a stupid it was me for not having the realisation. Often our Lives don't go the way we imagined or wanted but they went the way they did, and when you understand the effects of your existence in whatever shape or form they took it makes more sense.

Here's a little exercise to try. Sit yourself down quietly and relax, then ask yourself one question. "How different would those around me be if I had never existed?"

Horse
12-11-2015, 09:26 AM
I went through all this. What had to happen in me it seems is that my attention needed to be shifted from seeking salvation through the external world, to realising that everything comes from the source. The source being the reality beyond this illusion of separation. Unity with all that is. The illusion of separation is the source of all suffering. Have you heard of Mooji? If not, you may wanna check out his Satsangs on youtube.

Dwerg
12-11-2015, 10:16 AM
You don't need to explain it to me at least, I have lived it and I know it. Saying you're not who you want to be is basically to chase an image, that's an illusion. For as long as you're not who you imagine yourself to be you'll be lost. Becoming that image is extremely difficult and trying to do so will wear you down and put you under so much stress you'll actually never achieve it. The idea of who you want to be IS the mold, for as long as you want to be it you'll be stuck in your mold.

The antidote for this is to accept and love who you already are, let the image die by giving it up. Trying to be that one specific person generates a lot of stress, that stress makes you unhappy and thus you get further away from what you want by trying harder. Find ways not to worry, ways to relax and don't allow these things to drive you into a corner of stress. With time you'll understand that by not trying to be something and rather focusing on who you are you'll actually end up dead center on what you want now.

I've struggled with that stuff for a period of 2 years, that's years I won't get back because I was chasing shadows. What eventually dawned on me was who I had became by trying to become something else. I just became worse, both to myself and even the people I loved. Who am I today, who am I right now and how can present day me improve what yesterday me did? Those are the questions that grows presence and awareness.

The solution to stress and all the associated negative feelings is so simple that often people are in denial of it. Sit down, breathe calmly and refuse to be messed with by your own thoughts and emotions.

Thunder Bow
12-11-2015, 06:46 PM
You are in the right path, our emotions show us what we need to heal/fix/correct/evolve/change/transform, I know it could be unsettle but it is worth it.

You could do a lot of things, first you need to know what you really like, what you really are passionate about, then start doing those things, little by little, step by step.

Go to the beach or to the forest, a trip to the nature might really help you, it's important for you to be alone, so you could listen to your deepest thoughts.

Blessings.

Yes, a Vision Quest might help.

yeshee camar
19-11-2015, 03:13 PM
we be ok, we others shark too hard up to be someones that allot of us live up to a pyeramid 'merily' promise'd is how come our people get hurt like cutes. 'it gets great to' understand and settle up and so so pervase relax'd. don't close yourself too too hard. to a broaden, to a likelien. no thing to be ashamed of in part by also being you to toughened good-on'd loving person. us got blemishes to love 'that will outstand the highest elite'd difference.'