PDA

View Full Version : Empaths- Help me with tips on shelding

kapamati1
10-11-2015, 04:41 AM
I need some advice on how some of you empaths shield yourselves. I thought I had this licked. But, I guess I don't. I've been feeling so good lately. I had a major occurrence in one of my children's lives that has pretty much left me wide open.

When I open myself up (which is automatic if it's one of my children) it seems like I can't close it. I FEEL everything. So much sadness. I'm not a sad person. But, feeling too much can sometimes make you that way. Surely someone out there understands what I mean? Anybody?

I have this thing I do that always seems to work. It's not working right now. Or maybe....because it's my child I'm worried about....it is ALL my sadness. I don't know.

If you have tips on shielding...please share. Because for some reason, mine don't seem to be working.
Thank you.

Deepsoul
10-11-2015, 09:41 AM
You may need to go into the sadness ,try saying I love myself unconditionally even while I feel saddness and it should lift ,its ok to feel our feelings but becomes tiresome if we stuck in them.....

Thunder Bow
10-11-2015, 05:33 PM
What was the occurrence??

Lucyan28
10-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Hi there, a shielding technique: visualize yourself as a potato, it works really nice =)

I know it is a bizarre technique but it works...

About the sadness, it is there to teach you a lesson, perhaps it is a way to heal/filter the sorrow of the world using you as a tool.

bluebird21
10-11-2015, 10:09 PM
I do not believe in shielding. As an empath myself, I believe shielding, like cord cutting, is fear based. Instead of trying to control what is outside of yourself (never works) you must focus on balancing and strengthening your own energy. Shielding can support a victim mentality. Realizing that you are only a victim if you believe you are, is the way out.

Lucyan28
10-11-2015, 10:15 PM
I do not believe in shielding. As an empath myself, I believe shielding, like cord cutting, is fear based. Instead of trying to control what is outside of yourself (never works) you must focus on balancing and strengthening your own energy. Shielding can support a victim mentality. Realizing that you are only a victim if you believe you are, is the way out.

but what about the Potato Shield :icon_frown:

TonySG
10-11-2015, 10:17 PM

I love the potato shield idea lol

innerlight
10-11-2015, 11:07 PM
one potato, two potato, three potato, four...

I used to not believe in shielding either... But then I learned my lesson on not shielding myself when it was needed. I have come up with my own way of shielding that works very, very well for me.

dryad
10-11-2015, 11:13 PM
Sorry lucyan...I don't like it. I tried it and it does kind of work by redirecting your energy inward and making you nonreactive but it also cut me off from higher levels as well as lower ones. Not going to be using that one again but it could be useful for those that dont have much of a conscious connection to higher levels yet. They wouldn't notice the difference.

And if the whole thing was a joke then yes I did sit here imagining I was a potato. But IT WORKED

bluebird21
10-11-2015, 11:27 PM
And if the whole thing was a joke then yes I did sit here imagining I was a potato. But IT WORKED

Ahahah, this just speaks to the power of belief/thought. And also, why I don't believe in shielding. No need for shielding, if you don't believe you need it ;)

loopylucid
11-11-2015, 08:59 AM
Ahahah, this just speaks to the power of belief/thought. And also, why I don't believe in shielding. No need for shielding, if you don't believe you need it ;)

I do agree, the technique itself has as much value as what you put into it. which is why there are probably so many out there!
I don't shield or ground, or root or any other thing either and im highly empathic, I would say what I learnt to do was not own the feeling, but when its family etc that can be more difficult, but still I wouldn't want it changed for the world.

I would also say that rather than focus on the issue entirely, I dedicate much of the space to looking for solutions, gains, insights and always feel absolutely blessed by the connection sharing with someone so deeply brings forth.

To me, no matter the situation that's where the real precious true light is shining, how my being responds with you, what it learns, how it grows, it leads to greater compassion, understanding, and heck even gratefulness.

but more than that it has lead me to such loving bonds, if it begins to overwhelm, I bring myself and my heart back too the core of the issue, how do we uncover the love and happiness through this time again? one thing we do have, is the ability to determine our focus, so maybe its not so much about shielding, but recognising and adapting, where our focus&intention begins its journey through this. How to let it be empowering.

I never ask why its happened anymore, only what I can do next to make it valuable to all, in all and with all, that resides.

I hope whatever is occurring in your family passes quickly kap and leaves in its tracks, footsteps to even greater love and understanding :hug3:

Loopy

Lucyan28
11-11-2015, 03:13 PM
Sorry lucyan...I don't like it. I tried it and it does kind of work by redirecting your energy inward and making you nonreactive but it also cut me off from higher levels as well as lower ones. Not going to be using that one again but it could be useful for those that dont have much of a conscious connection to higher levels yet. They wouldn't notice the difference.

Hi Dryad :hug2:

The reason of the potato shield is that it is a living force from the earth, it will redirect all damage directly to the earth and not us. Also potatoes are known for they're absorbing qualities. :redface: Also we could use a Tree shield or a rock.

You're right the shields also cut us off from the outside world (this includes angels, the highers energies, etc) but the shield has its perks, it is meant to protect you for a period of time or just a brief moment, whenever you feel something is really harming your aura and your chakras, there are a lot of people out there with those capabilities even though they do it unconsciously.

And after you don't need the shield you can cast it away :smile:

dryad
14-11-2015, 11:43 AM
Thanks for explaining lucyan. I have heard that spinning the aura will do the same thing to funnel attacks down to the earth but I've never tried it myself. I used to carry some crystals that worked the same way to deflect attacks. Snowflake obsidian was particularly good for that.

These days I use something that would be better described as a boundary than a shield. I see it as a brick wall in order to put it up or bring it down but it's not a complete bubble it's just a line around the edge of my aura. To build one you would use the frequency of the sacral chakra and extend it out to the boundary line. Its primary purpose is to prevent anyone or anything leeching off my energy. Absorbing random energy has never been a problem for me but if it is then the same principle can be applied using the solar plexus frequency and extending it out to the boundary line. This will stop things that are not identified as the self from being absorbed unless you consciously let them in.

A human Being
14-11-2015, 01:14 PM
This really resonates with me, as does the point loopylucid made about not owning what you're feeling; for me, it comes back to that fundamental question - 'what am I?'

If you believe, consciously or unconsciously, that you're the body in which you find yourself, or the thoughts and feelings that arise in your awareness, then you'll believe you're also mortal and vulnerable to annihilation (because all those things do have a beginning and an end), and hence you'll believe there's a concrete, palpable form that needs defending, and you'll feel the need to protect yourself. But what you're defending isn't you - it's an idea of you.

Who was it that said, 'no self, no problem'? That guy was really on to something :D

Gem
14-11-2015, 01:49 PM
I think it's good to use a light visualisation so that a more universal energy seems to be in place. This often instills a deeper trust as a 'power greater than thou' can be believed in, and it seems to connect to something of a spiritual light which is imbued with goodness. As far as I'm concerned that isn't a fear base. It's kinda like an umbrella on a rainy day.

Mr Interesting
14-11-2015, 05:57 PM
I fairly recently got back from a thing teaching people how to build walls out of rubbish and when it started I had this sense that I wasn't there to teach them how I build walls so initially it got quite out of hand as personalities came to the fore and all kinds of mayhem ensured but somehow I managed to steer each person towards a way of them encountering their own aesthetic sense and trusting that sense with some basic knowledge of how things fit together strongest with regard to the materials we were using.

It was really interesting in so many ways not the least of which was that knowing how to do something and teaching it are completely different ballgames and the ballgame of teaching taught me a whole lot. The thing was I kinda needed to see each personality come forward in regard to how they thought things should go together and few, if any, understood the importance of solidifying foundations... they all wanted to get straight to the top and be doing the curly wurlies, achieve significance as it were,

And now I've done this I want to do it again. It seems a significant thing to have people able to understand the concept of what walls are over what they should be.

To these ends understanding and trusting ones own aesthetic choices seem important and relates quite well to ideas on a spiritual level but who going to go out and start playing with dirt and concrete and spades and shovels when the ashrams are already built?

Frederick33
14-11-2015, 06:55 PM
I need some advice on how some of you empaths shield yourselves. I thought I had this licked. But, I guess I don't. I've been feeling so good lately. I had a major occurrence in one of my children's lives that has pretty much left me wide open.

When I open myself up (which is automatic if it's one of my children) it seems like I can't close it. I FEEL everything. So much sadness. I'm not a sad person. But, feeling too much can sometimes make you that way. Surely someone out there understands what I mean? Anybody?

I have this thing I do that always seems to work. It's not working right now. Or maybe....because it's my child I'm worried about....it is ALL my sadness. I don't know.

If you have tips on shielding...please share. Because for some reason, mine don't seem to be working.
Thank you.

Hi being an empath is one thing but identifying with what you feel and reacting to it an other
if you walk in the sun you feel the sun does that worry you ?
know what is you and what the other sure that you can do
I can, so sure anyone can
maybe you think it special or a good thing to feel all as you do
so give it a certain reality you better not
the best shielding is to be you and know the others you feel are the others
and not to make things grow bigger than just feel them
and take control a few times to see how that works
but remain free of fear and cause no pain/fear in your thoughts about the others most of all
hope this is of help