PDA

View Full Version : Why is spirituality so boring?

keokutah
06-11-2015, 12:41 AM
And how do you make it fun and enjoyable?

Deepsoul
06-11-2015, 12:46 AM
Try loving yourself now thats FUN.....:D

SemperVI
06-11-2015, 01:01 AM

The truth only hurts when it needs to. Ideas are not boring, people are....

Deepsoul
06-11-2015, 01:08 AM
Then when it Hurts remember to Love yourself then too, but liked that Semper VI

keokutah
06-11-2015, 01:42 AM
The truth only hurts when it needs to. Ideas are not boring, people are....

So what would you tell the least boring person in this world if they complained about how boring church is and if you knew they participated in exciting, stimulating activities on a regular basis?

Adrienne
06-11-2015, 02:15 AM
So what would you tell the least boring person in this world if they complained about how boring church is and if you knew they participated in exciting, stimulating activities on a regular basis?

One could consider changing churches ...........and stop complaining, LOL ! :biggrin:

Shekinah
06-11-2015, 02:29 AM
Boring? The quest to achieve spirituality is what life is all about. We either move onward and upward into higher realms of Spirit or vegetate here with the herds of non seekers. It is a quest for peace, power and wisdom and the path is not an easy one, certainly not boring. Only a self select few are successful on this journey.

Deepsoul
06-11-2015, 02:38 AM
Dear Shekinah Only a self select few rubbish imo how on earth could you possibly know that with the billions of people and animals and plants, non -seekers so called would still have spiritual things happening to them regardless, seekers may come to enlightenment but each ones will be unique...

TheGlow
06-11-2015, 02:45 AM
Perhaps you are paying attention to the wrong parts. Spirituality to me is about discovering the divine within oneself, and others. It's the most interesting endever I've encountered to really look at people and see all their beauty, even if it's hiding inside and covered by thorns and brambles.

There is do much diversity, even just looking within yourself should be interesting enough. Once you become truely connected the world opens up and gets stranger and more beautiful by the day.

Raven Poet
06-11-2015, 02:45 AM
Dear keokutah: That's so funny. I never saw spirituality as boring. I guess it depends on what you define as "spirituality". I find the topic and exploration of the spiritual world to be the most interesting and provocative fields of study I've ever delved into.

Is it possible that maybe you're feeling restricted by some rules and tenets and that's why it feels boring to you? I always thought of spirituality as being extremely personal and experiential. However one connects to Spirit is what I understand to be spirituality.

I hope it gets more interesting for you!

sunsoul
06-11-2015, 02:47 AM
The proof is in the pudding so baked.

Serrao
06-11-2015, 02:49 AM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Gem
06-11-2015, 02:55 AM
To me, it's not boring in terms of the 'spiritual theater' with all it's dramatics, but ironically, boring for the same reason.

keokutah
06-11-2015, 04:00 AM
Boring? The quest to achieve spirituality is what life is all about. We either move onward and upward into higher realms of Spirit or vegetate here with the herds of non seekers. It is a quest for peace, power and wisdom and the path is not an easy one, certainly not boring. Only a self select few are successful on this journey.

The quest to acheive spirituality is what your life is all about.

I'm glad that I live for a lot more than just that.

keokutah
06-11-2015, 04:49 AM
Perhaps you are paying attention to the wrong parts. Spirituality to me is about discovering the divine within oneself, and others. It's the most interesting endever I've encountered to really look at people and see all their beauty, even if it's hiding inside and covered by thorns and brambles.

There is do much diversity, even just looking within yourself should be interesting enough. Once you become truely connected the world opens up and gets stranger and more beautiful by the day.

I'm mostly referring to spiritual practices and the strict and boring ways in which people worship their higher power.

TheGlow
06-11-2015, 05:01 AM
that is religion, spirituality is removing the dogma to find the truth.

You might enjoy some Osho, his whole deal here was to break people free of their programming, smack them awake. :)

keokutah
06-11-2015, 05:08 AM
that is religion, spirituality is removing the dogma to find the truth.

You might enjoy some Osho, his hole deal here was to break people free of their programming, smack them awake. :)

There are a lot of spiritualities that have strict ceremonial practices, for example in native culture or pagan rituals or even people who create their own forms of worship, not just religion. Even buddhism, which is just a lifestyle and not a spirituality at all, is quite strict and considered "boring" to most of the population but a lot of "spiritual" people call themselves buddhists.

SemperVI
06-11-2015, 06:22 AM

Perhaps you missed my point. Boredom is a state of mind that suggests an adolescent and/or lethargic thought process -- hence the notion a bored person is a boring person. Boredom has nothing whatsoever to do with an activity one chooses to experience.

I do not mean this as an insult which is why I said the truth only hurts when it needs to.

Shaunc
06-11-2015, 06:31 AM
You have to keep moving, sometimes it feels like 2 steps forward and 2 steps back but at least you are still moving. Running water doesn't go stagnant.

Miss Hepburn
06-11-2015, 08:03 AM
The Journey Within is the most exciting
thing there is!! :hug3:

Ok, for me.

Gem
06-11-2015, 08:42 AM
Perhaps you missed my point. Boredom is a state of mind that suggests an adolescent and/or lethargic thought process -- hence the notion a bored person is a boring person. Boredom has nothing whatsoever to do with an activity one chooses to experience.

I do not mean this as an insult which is why I said the truth only hurts when it needs to.

There is a lot in that. Boredom as an personal condition. I have to agree.

TheGlow
06-11-2015, 09:31 AM
There are a lot of spiritualities that have strict ceremonial practices, for example in native culture or pagan rituals or even people who create their own forms of worship, not just religion. Even buddhism, which is just a lifestyle and not a spirituality at all, is quite strict and considered "boring" to most of the population but a lot of "spiritual" people call themselves buddhists.

I agree with that but still say that is dogma created by man. Unfortunately humans try and create ceremony and tradition around everything when none is ever needed. I break every dogmatic rule. I am polite but I won't go through the motions. In my not humble oppiionall that stuff is of ego and the mind, or perhaps they need those steps traditions and ceremonies to get past their ego/mind.

I avoid every system of organized spirituality because like religion, there will be truth in there somewhere but it's buried in nonsense.

If you don't need the nonsense, go around it. :) I do, :)

LadyMay
06-11-2015, 09:35 AM
Maybe your idea of spirituality needs evolving. What makes you happy? That's spiritual. It nurtures your inner light.

Serrao
06-11-2015, 09:45 AM
Boredom as an personal condition.
I think boredom is caused by forced, perhaps conditioned, activities one doesn't resonate with positively (anymore).
I think it has to do with sensory perception one has developed aversion for.

Gem
06-11-2015, 09:56 AM
I think boredom is caused by forced, perhaps conditioned, activities one doesn't resonate with positively (anymore).

I don't think boredom is dependent on activities, because people tend to say 'I'm bored' when they have nothing to do, and in my experience with meditation, when one doesn't give the mind anything to do, it starts to become restless - so basically, I think boredom is symptomatic of the restlessness mind.

sky
06-11-2015, 11:44 AM
I think boredom is dissatisfaction with the present moment.

Lucyan28
06-11-2015, 02:48 PM
Are you kidding me? Spirituality is part of all the universe, every single particle and wave is spiritual/energy, in general all the creation is spiritual, how could it be boring?

Spirituality is the most awesome thing in the universe :D

Start making some hobbies that makes you feel happy and passionate about them, that's spiritual ;)

keokutah
06-11-2015, 05:48 PM

So in your opinion, only adolescents or people with lethargic thought processes (which means they don't think or do you mean they are inactive in general?) think sitting on their tuckus in church is boring?

So, what about adults who have energetic mindstates who still loathe the idea of doing nothing in church? I'm not talking about people with ADHD, I'm talking about active people who like being active.

The body, mind and soul needs action, passion and excitement in life, because it came here to experience and enjoy life and physicality. If all someone is doing is sitting on their tuckus, and they don't think that's boring, then they are the only one with a lethargic mindset imo.

Let's say a famous adventurer like Guillaume Nery (famous free diver) didn't want to waste their time sitting on their tuckus in church and thought it was boring, yet they found a more thrilling way to express their faith, for example free diving. I don't know this person in real life, but I'm willing to bet they have some kind of faith in order to acheive their goals and to be able to take such risks. They have aspired to be one of the greatest people in this world. You know someone active like that is not going to want to sit around and do nothing, and they are neither an adolescent nor do they have a lethargic thought process.

What I'm talking about has everything to do with the activities people choose to do.

Most spiritual people these days choose to live a dull, boring life, forcing themselves to be devoid of fun, excitement and physical stimulation. Most of them are sedentry, out of shape people because they shun physicality. In my experience most of them say they hate physical life, and only strive for the spiritual. They even try to speak a certain way, act a certain way, pretending to be inhuman and shunning their true selves.

It doesn't have to be that way. We can be spiritual and grounded at the same time, in a balance, we can also have fun in life, do exciting things and you can even worship in exciting ways without having to sit on your tuckus all day.

Because for some people life is all about being stimulated, mentally, emotionally and physically, acheiving balance in body, mind and spirit. I think some people need more stimulation than others. Some people are natural adventurers and they need to explore and reach physical goals.

Some people are more introverted and nerdy, so things that are interesting and thought provoking seem fun to them. But other people are more extoverted and may have different ideas of what fun may be.

I don't know a lot of people who think the things I do are fun, for example I have the most fun when I'm playing sports, working out and exploring the outdoors solo.
Maybe you are the kind of person who thinks sitting on your tuckus is fun, but I have never been that kind of person. Physically active things are spiritual to me in a way, because without my body I wouldn't be here.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a naturally creative and artistic person too, but writing novels and doing artwork takes a "lethargic" and solemn, artistic and creative mindstate and I'm not always that "calm", nor do I want to be. I have tons of energy and enjoy lots of excitement, in terms of doing physical things, completing lots of physical goals.

The ancient mayans played sports as a spiritual practice.

Which brings me back to my original question, how do you make spirituality fun and exciting or have you? What would you tell someone else to do, if certain rituals were putting them to sleep? What else can they do?
For example, I know some people who go fishing, because that is a spiritual activity for them somehow.

My question wasn't meant to start a debate, it was meant to gather ideas on how to make spirituality more exciting, in a mentally, emotionally AND physically stimulating way. I think, ancient cultures were more tuned into this aspect, incorporating a lot of physical dance to spiritual practices, but in this day of age a lot of people juts shun physicality, which is why so many people think religion and spirituality is so boring.

The whole reason so many people are turned off of religion and spirituality is because they think it's boring. They think they have to give up sex, or stop having fun because it's considered a sin, or that they have to stop having a sense of humour, or that they can't use profanities, that they have to change to act a certain way, and that they will have to meditate for 24/7 or that they will be expected to participate in boring ceremonies all the time.

For example, I could tell my athiestic family and friends that I spent the entire week in a vow of silence and prayer and meditation, which I have done before, but they look at me like I'm nuts and they think, "how could you do that, that's soooo boring, I wouldn't last a second."
Of course I ate lots of food and took lots of walks out in nature in order to balance myself out during the whole thing, but people don't realize that part of it. And when they hear that, it sounds unpleasant to them, and they would never aspire to be spiritual, because to them, spiritual practices sound like torture.

But when I show them that my life is fun and well balanced and I'm not always a hermit taking a vow of silence and they get to see the positive results it has on my life and how fit and happy I am, and how I get to enjoy the finer things in life, they start to think there's something to this spiritual stuff.
But if I tried to act "spiritual" 24/7 like some spiritual people I know do, they would think my life was so boring, and so would I. It's not like I'm trying to convert people to become spiritual, I'm just using it as an example.

keokutah
06-11-2015, 06:02 PM
I agree with that but still say that is dogma created by man. Unfortunately humans try and create ceremony and tradition around everything when none is ever needed. I break every dogmatic rule. I am polite but I won't go through the motions. In my not humble oppiionall that stuff is of ego and the mind, or perhaps they need those steps traditions and ceremonies to get past their ego/mind.

I avoid every system of organized spirituality because like religion, there will be truth in there somewhere but it's buried in nonsense.

If you don't need the nonsense, go around it. :) I do, :)

Yeah, this is a good way of looking at it, because you don't need to conform to boring rituals in order to be spiritual, it can be whatever you make it.

Except for there was a reason rituals were created, for example in native culture, if you don't follow it right bad things can happen, and trust me I've seen it happen.
This one time I was so inpatient with the process of finding my drum stick. My elder told me to pass 4 sticks, and the 5th one that spoke to me was the right one. I didn't believe it, I decided to do it my own way being the stubborn person I usually am, I picked the first stick I found, despite him warning me that something bad would happen if I disobeyed the spiritual laws.
This is a true story. He told me to put it up high in my house out of respect to the spirits. So I tossed it up on the fridge, disrespectfully and was like, "this is stupid", because I was upset that I had to wait for it to dry out for exactly a set number of days before we could actually get to making the drum stick.
Well the very next morning, I went to get it and it had turned to dust.

There are worse stories, for example people who died from exploding rocks in sweatlodges, just because they didn't follow the rituals properly.

And the rituals are meant to test your patience for a reason, that's what my mentor told me at least. But they are there also because it's a lot of power to be messing with, you can't just let anyone mess with it.

keokutah
06-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Maybe your idea of spirituality needs evolving. What makes you happy? That's spiritual. It nurtures your inner light.

Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about.

keokutah
06-11-2015, 06:05 PM
I don't think boredom is dependent on activities, because people tend to say 'I'm bored' when they have nothing to do, and in my experience with meditation, when one doesn't give the mind anything to do, it starts to become restless - so basically, I think boredom is symptomatic of the restlessness mind.

I would think that someone who is used to doing nothing would have an easier time meditating lol.

The Back Seat
06-11-2015, 06:07 PM
Spirituality is only boring if you follow someone else's path. If you follow your own path, it will light a fire inside of you and it's amazing

keokutah
06-11-2015, 06:19 PM
Spirituality is only boring if you follow someone else's path. If you follow your own path, it will light a fire inside of you and it's amazing

That's true, but I don't have that kind of freedom. Some people can pray to their higher power and they don't get answers so they can decide to make of it whatever they want.
But I do get answers, and I am stuck with the spiritual path I chose, there's no detouring from it.

I can't even arrange my crystals or my spiritual altar any way I want, without my spirit guides interuptting me and telling me the proper way to do it.

It looks ugly, but they are more concerned about efficiency rather than aesthetics.

And the spiritual work I do is hard work, it's not always pleasant.

Gem
06-11-2015, 06:25 PM
I would think that someone who is used to doing nothing would have an easier time meditating lol.

Indeed, doing nothing is extraordinarily difficult for people who are unaccustomed to doing nothing, and in life in general, people assume that they did things upon having no other explanation for happenings, but indeed, most activity in the body occurs apart from any will to act, so one may experiment with seeing what exactly occurs spontaneously. We can conclude that the will to act is not required for so much organic activity, and we can really only assume retrospectively that some acts are willful, while others are not.

We think to ourselves, 'I will raise hand' and that action follows thought, but at other times we act automatically, such as when we drive, and our limbs move out of sheer habit and well trained conditioning, as though one can be aware that they are driving, or walking, but require no effort of will in order to maintain the appropriate motion. EG, when I think, 'I will go to store', I arise and walk, and from there I enact automated motion which brings me to at that location.

Lorelyen
06-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Why is spirituality so boring?

Because you have nothing to contribute. Usual reason why someone is bored with something.

keokutah
06-11-2015, 06:40 PM
Indeed, doing nothing is extraordinarily difficult for people who are unaccustomed to doing nothing, and in life in general, people assume that they did things upon having no other explanation for happenings, but indeed, most activity in the body occurs apart from any will to act, so one may experiment with seeing what exactly occurs spontaneously. We can conclude that the will to act is not required for so much organic activity, and we can really only assume retrospectively that some acts are willful, while others are not.

We think to ourselves, 'I will raise hand' and that action follows thought, but at other times we act automatically, such as when we drive, and our limbs move out of sheer habit and well trained conditioning, as though one can be aware that they are driving, or walking, but require no effort of will in order to maintain the appropriate motion. EG, when I think, 'I will go to store', I arise and walk, and from there I enact automated motion which brings me to at that location.

Yeah I bet impulsive people tend to have more difficulty because they are so oblivious to anything they are doing, I guess that's why zen meditation teaches us to be more aware of the moment.

keokutah
06-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Why is spirituality so boring?

Because you have nothing to contribute.

Is that a contribution lol?

Lorelyen
06-11-2015, 06:45 PM
Yes...........

The Back Seat
06-11-2015, 07:26 PM
That's true, but I don't have that kind of freedom. Some people can pray to their higher power and they don't get answers so they can decide to make of it whatever they want.
But I do get answers, and I am stuck with the spiritual path I chose, there's no detouring from it.

I can't even arrange my crystals or my spiritual altar any way I want, without my spirit guides interuptting me and telling me the proper way to do it.

It looks ugly, but they are more concerned about efficiency rather than aesthetics.

And the spiritual work I do is hard work, it's not always pleasant.

It is my personal view that the spiritual guides are part of us and you therefore are following your own path.

LadyMay
06-11-2015, 07:37 PM
It is my personal view that the spiritual guides are part of us and you therefore are following your own path.

You can say ultimately everything is part of us and if you're following someone else it's because you choose to. That's the path you decided for yourself.

MIND POWER
06-11-2015, 08:02 PM
I think you have pigeon holed spirituality slightly, because you are looking at things with a compartmentalized perception! from where i am looking at things.

Why can’t an actor, an athlete, a movie star or an artist me spiritual..? Why do you have to meditate to be spiritual..? The fact of the matter is, you don’t have to meditate or go to church to be spiritual! Or worship some phony higher power. And all those people I have mentioned up above, everybody from all walks in life can be spiritual.

So the question why is spirituality boring..? Does not make any sense, and needs to be rephrased in my opinion. Listen you can’t just come up in here, and paint everybody with the same brush! It’s not going to happen!

What you are really should be asking is…. “Why are some people boring to me..? Or why do I find some people’s interests boring..? And quite frankly, if you find what other people do boring……then don’t stress yourself out about it.

If I find something boring, then I just don’t bother with it! Spirituality for me is metaphysical information, and self discovery! Which helps me live my life, with a greater awareness! Which helps me take on my challenges, greater motivation and diligence! And a whole lot of other things but I am not explaining myself…

"If i gave every single person a paint brush on this site, and i said..? listen paint me a picture, describing what life or spirituality means to you! every single person would paint a different picture! and some of the pictures may annoy me! some i may find completely boring! some may completely disgust me! but that's life! that's spirituality! stuff it......and just do you!".....

And that's all i am going to say upon this subject...

Thunder Bow
06-11-2015, 08:10 PM
@Keokutah

What does your user name mean?

Religion is boring because it is all about control. Most spirituality is about control, thus it is boring.

Long winded rambling spiritual posts such as yours and others can be boring. Rambling head centered talk can be boring. Talk that does not come from the heart is boring.

If Donald Trump looked at those reading this thread he would say:

"look at them, they are sleeping!"

keokutah
06-11-2015, 08:14 PM
I think you have pigeon holed spirituality slightly, because you are looking at things with a compartmentalized perception! from where i am looking at things.

Why can’t an actor, an athlete, a movie star or an artist me spiritual..? Why do you have to meditate to be spiritual..? The fact of the matter is, you don’t have to meditate or go to church to be spiritual! Or worship some phony higher power. And all those people I have mentioned up above, everybody from all walks in life can be spiritual.

So the question why is spirituality boring..? Does not make any sense, and needs to be rephrased in my opinion. Listen you can’t just come up in here, and paint everybody with the same brush! It’s not going to happen!

What you are really should be asking is…. “Why are some people boring to me..? Or why do I find some people’s interests boring..? And quite frankly, if you find what other people do boring……then don’t stress yourself out about it.

If I find something boring, then I just don’t bother with it! Spirituality for me is metaphysical information, and self discovery! Which helps me live my life, with a greater awareness! Which helps me take on my challenges, greater motivation and diligence! And a whole lot of other things but I am not explaining myself…

"If i gave every single person a paint brush on this site, and i said..? listen paint me a picture, describing what life or spirituality means to you! every single person would paint a different picture! and some of the pictures may annoy me! some i may find completely boring! some may completely disgust me! but that's life! that's spirituality! stuff it......and just do you!".....

And that's all i am going to say upon this subject...

Yeah that's pretty much what I said.

keokutah
06-11-2015, 08:15 PM
@Keokutah

What does your user name mean?

Religion is boring because it is all about control. Most spirituality is about control, thus it is boring.

Long winded rambling spiritual posts such as yours and others can be boring. Rambling head centered talk can be boring. Talk that does not come from the heart is boring.

If Donald Trump looked at those reading this thread he would say:

"look at them, they are sleeping!"

So then, how do you make spirituality exciting for you?

Thunder Bow
06-11-2015, 08:21 PM
What does You "name" mean?

My answer is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNM4MYco-jc

Thunder Bow

This is a video I made using my photography and video. On location. I this this this answer will be better than explaining my spirituality in long winded text.

keokutah
06-11-2015, 09:51 PM
What does You "name" mean?

My answer is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNM4MYco-jc

Thunder Bow

This is a video I made using my photography and video. On location. I this this this answer will be better than explaining my spirituality in long winded text.

Thanks for sharing, that's one of my favourite songs, if i remember right its called Sunset Ceremony by David and Steve Gordon right? That's a very nice video you made.

Do you do any dancing yourself? That would be a good way to make spirituality more physically stimulating, because dancing can be very sacred and a good way to connect with spirit and what not.

I'm just looking for ideas on how people make their spirituality more physically exciting and stimulating.

Oh and my name basically describes my life path or could mean working one or something like that. It was also in a book my parents really liked, I can't remember the name but I think it might of been a Lois Lamour book, western or something.

SemperVI
07-11-2015, 02:54 AM
Okay - I'll bite...

So in your opinion, only adolescents or people with lethargic thought processes (which means they don't think or do you mean they are inactive in general?) think sitting on their tuckus in church is boring?

Well, adolescent or lethargic does not mean not thinking. Adolescent is the process of developing from a child into an adult and lethargic means apathetic -- showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern.

As for your question do they think sitting in church is boring? I have know idea. I imagine some enjoy it while other's do not. Church is not what this is about.

So, what about adults who have energetic mindstates who still loathe the idea of doing nothing in church? I'm not talking about people with ADHD, I'm talking about active people who like being active.

Keokutah -- most adults (adults being the operative word) don't go to church to be entertained. While I am sure there are many churches that are entertaining. This is not why they go. Having said that - an adult does not require entertainment in order for the adult not to be bored. Again -- this characteristic in very much indicative of the adolescent mind. Children often require entertainment and attention in order to maintain or focus their attention.

I guess my question to you would be -- why would an adult go to church if they loathed it - this is not rationale?

The body, mind and soul needs action, passion and excitement in life,

Maybe? Maybe Not... More importantly, who gets to define what a person can be passionate about or get excited about. As for action - this is an ambiguous idea.

because it came here to experience and enjoy life and physicality.

I completely agree.

If all someone is doing is sitting on their tuckus, and they don't think that's boring, then they are the only one with a lethargic mindset imo.

Perhaps according to you this is the case, but this does not really suggest a lethargic mind. One does not need to be out and about to have an active mind. Many deep thinkers can experience profound revelations "sitting on thier tuckus" as you put it.

Let's say a famous adventurer like Guillaume Nery (famous free diver) didn't want to waste their time sitting on their tuckus in church and thought it was boring, yet they found a more thrilling way to express their faith, for example free diving. I don't know this person in real life, but I'm willing to bet they have some kind of faith in order to acheive their goals and to be able to take such risks. They have aspired to be one of the greatest people in this world. You know someone active like that is not going to want to sit around and do nothing, and they are neither an adolescent nor do they have a lethargic thought process.

I never said a person like Guillaume Nery has an adolescent or lethargic mind. I didn't even imply it. Again it seems you are missing the point but you did key in on a really great point in that a person may not find solace or peace within sitting at a pew but does find it diving off a cliff into the water. This is the essence of spirituality!!!

What I'm talking about has everything to do with the activities people choose to do.

Maybe for you this is true - in order for you to connect to the universe, perhaps you need the kind of activity that is going to excite and entertain you but this is not necessarily the case for all people. Those who seek a spiritual life should walk the path that they believe will bring them closest to what they are seeking. Whether this path is hangs you from a hang-glider 800 feet off the ground or curled up next to a window watching the rain fall. It all services the same purpose.

Most spiritual people these days choose to live a dull, boring life, forcing themselves to be devoid of fun, excitement and physical stimulation. Most of them are sedentry, out of shape people because they shun physicality. In my experience most of them say they hate physical life, and only strive for the spiritual. They even try to speak a certain way, act a certain way, pretending to be inhuman and shunning their true selves.

WOW! That was a mouthful. After reading that it reminded me of drinking orange juice right after brushing my teeth. Blahh....

To me -- it seems like maybe you have had some negative experiences in your life regarding either spirituality and/or church - which by the way you seem to incorrectly tie together. I think herein lies the crux of the cynicism you have toward both spirituality and church goers. This is something you will need to eventually walk out on your own. It is unfortunate this is your view of people of faith and spirituality.

As for the rest of what you said.... To be blunt, I am sensing an air of "Poe's Law" in your intent and meaning and will leave it at that.

Good luck - I hope you find what your looking for.

Gem
07-11-2015, 03:19 AM
Yeah I bet impulsive people tend to have more difficulty because they are so oblivious to anything they are doing, I guess that's why zen meditation teaches us to be more aware of the moment.
Sure - I know don't anything about Zen meditation, but I admire their nonchalance, like, 'it is' - which is such a meaningless statement, yet so necessarily true - hahaha.

My favorite meditation saying is Zen - "In practice there is". I have no idea what that means, but ironically, that seems to be the point.

Greenslade
07-11-2015, 07:38 AM
So then, how do you make spirituality exciting for you?You make it Spiritually exciting for you. Rule One of Spirituality: there are no rules. Nobody said it had to be boring, nobody said it had to be any way in particular. It's your reality, it's your experience so own it already. Throw your definitions away, Spirituality isn't just about what books we read or what we talk about in these forums, it's about the entire Universe and everything in it, and how we experience it.

Thunder Bow
07-11-2015, 04:09 PM
Thanks for sharing, that's one of my favourite songs, if i remember right its called Sunset Ceremony by David and Steve Gordon right? That's a very nice video you made.

Do you do any dancing yourself? That would be a good way to make spirituality more physically stimulating, because dancing can be very sacred and a good way to connect with spirit and what not.

I'm just looking for ideas on how people make their spirituality more physically exciting and stimulating.

Oh and my name basically describes my life path or could mean working one or something like that. It was also in a book my parents really liked, I can't remember the name but I think it might of been a Lois Lamour book, western or something.

Sometimes, I do the drumming and singing for the dancers. Also I do the blessing. Sometimes, I dance with them. The location in the video is at the South Rim Grand Canyon, in front to the Hopi House. Yes, the music is from that CD.

You may like this Video I made at the same location in 2012:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl_hmthYolQ

Navajo Thunder

SeaZen
07-11-2015, 04:31 PM
Why is spirituality so boring? And how do you make it fun and enjoyable?

Tantric Sex :D

keokutah
08-11-2015, 02:47 AM
Tantric Sex :D

Haha good one, that is true

Thunder Bow
08-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Sometimes, I do the drumming and singing for the dancers. Also I do the blessing. Sometimes, I dance with them. The location in the video is at the South Rim Grand Canyon, in front to the Hopi House. Yes, the music is from that CD.

You may like this Video I made at the same location in 2012:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl_hmthYolQ

Navajo Thunder

Testing the page.

keokutah
08-11-2015, 06:16 PM
Oh I must have missed that, I like that video, and I especially love storms. Do you have any videos of you drumming and singing?
I am not technologically inclined enough to make videos lol.

DoctorStrange
08-11-2015, 06:23 PM

It's anything but boring. What might considered boring is eternal peace. Then you reached the ultimate experience.

keokutah
08-11-2015, 07:07 PM
It's anything but boring. What might considered boring is eternal peace. Then you reached the ultimate experience.

I can relate to that statement because I overcame a lot of adversity, and during my suffering I always had goals to work towards (goals to overcome adversity).

But ever since I've overcome it all, it's like I have no more goals, no more purpose. My life is truly peaceful and to me that feels boring in comparison to suffering and experiencing hardships, having the chance to overcome something.

I am still learning because if I was truly done here I would be dead, but my life feels calm and peaceful now, and I'm wondering what else is there to experience here other than my current goals that don't feel very important.

And so something I've been accepting lately is boredom. I've adopted a zen outlook on my life. Goals, experiences, purpose, none of it really matters, nothing matters except the moment.

My spirit guides say that the small things I am working on now are important, no matter how small they feel.

In fact, I think when I strive for goals in order to be happier, or better myself, it's all just an act of ungratefulness. Some people say goals and objects and dreams make them happier, but I don't think so. Happiness comes from inside, and I can be happy without objects or goals.

I think I just got used to running in a circle, and now that I'm no longer chasing my tail, I'm not sure what to do with myself.

So I get used to such a relaxing lifestyle and at the same time, I have lots of passions that give me dopamine and fill me with passion. And when it comes to spiritual rituals, I'm just not feeling it lately, I seem to be more focused on healing my body.

DoctorStrange
09-11-2015, 06:47 AM
I can relate to that statement because I overcame a lot of adversity, and during my suffering I always had goals to work towards (goals to overcome adversity).

But ever since I've overcome it all, it's like I have no more goals, no more purpose. My life is truly peaceful and to me that feels boring in comparison to suffering and experiencing hardships, having the chance to overcome something.

I am still learning because if I was truly done here I would be dead, but my life feels calm and peaceful now, and I'm wondering what else is there to experience here other than my current goals that don't feel very important.

And so something I've been accepting lately is boredom. I've adopted a zen outlook on my life. Goals, experiences, purpose, none of it really matters, nothing matters except the moment.

My spirit guides say that the small things I am working on now are important, no matter how small they feel.

In fact, I think when I strive for goals in order to be happier, or better myself, it's all just an act of ungratefulness. Some people say goals and objects and dreams make them happier, but I don't think so. Happiness comes from inside, and I can be happy without objects or goals.

I think I just got used to running in a circle, and now that I'm no longer chasing my tail, I'm not sure what to do with myself.

So I get used to such a relaxing lifestyle and at the same time, I have lots of passions that give me dopamine and fill me with passion. And when it comes to spiritual rituals, I'm just not feeling it lately, I seem to be more focused on healing my body.

Even having that relaxing lifestyle and abundant inner peace is an experience, and something to learn from. Enjoy :)

Jon-Pax
09-11-2015, 07:07 AM
As I was once told by a Maori elder it is all spirit and weather you call it that or energy either way every thing is connected in spirit another statement made which is a good definition of spirituality is it is your relationship to god goddess all that is
From the sun earth to the grass you feel under your feet to the cells in your body to a thought that passes through to dream an all the beings you interact with how you do this is your spirituality so you may be considered an evil spirit or a holy man or what ever depending on how others perceive your spirit we all need rest and a break but we always come back to the spirit in connection to all that there is

Jon-Pax
09-11-2015, 07:21 AM
Embody a fun spirit and enjoy

Jon-Pax
09-11-2015, 07:29 AM
I love looking at the animal kingdom they are full inspiration and man learns so much from them take a dog for instance the way they love to play with us or can tell when we are down or angry they pick up on our spirit when its time to play they are ready an rearing to go or when we come home after being away they are so full of joy to see us otfen much more than our fellow humans
They live it for real

DoctorStrange
09-11-2015, 07:52 AM
I love looking at the animal kingdom they are full inspiration and man learns so much from them take a dog for instance the way they love to play with us or can tell when we are down or angry they pick up on our spirit when its time to play they are ready an rearing to go or when we come home after being away they are so full of joy to see us otfen much more than our fellow humans
They live it for real

dogs are magnificent creatures.

lenvdb64
09-11-2015, 09:44 AM
For me Spirituality has many aspects:
1) Soul awakening - becoming Soul aware and establishing a psychic connection to my Soul / Higher Self and learning to use this connection as a means of communication.
2) Understanding my Soul Path in this lifetime: Why am I here.
3) I spend time doing some Soul Development - 3 Areas which I would really like to work on: Out of Body Travel, Evocation and Divination.

Out of Body Travel requires that I study it, and try out the methods suggested. Not easy when I have a full time demanding job.
Evocation: Doing energy work, learning to work with, move and manipulate energy within, and being sensitive to non-physical entities, reading them, and communicating, including Angels, and studying their sigils.
Divination: Communicating with my Soul / Higher Self using Tarot and Pendulum etc.

Now what is boring about that? I think it helps me for what comes after life.

Thunder Bow
09-11-2015, 04:33 PM
Oh I must have missed that, I like that video, and I especially love storms. Do you have any videos of you drumming and singing?
I am not technologically inclined enough to make videos lol.

I got this video of me playing my flute, at Canyon Dechelly (Tse'ye) AZ. Over looking Spider Rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsreYZgxcRA

Swami Chihuahuananda
11-11-2015, 10:49 PM
True, Talking Heads has a song 'Heaven' that says "heaven is a place where nothing ever happens" :wink: , but boring ?.... not last time I checked :biggrin:

("they play my favorite song... play it all night long"

"It's hard to imagine
that nothing at all
could be so exciting
could be this much fun
Oh, heaven...
heaven is a place
a place where nothing
nothing ever happens" )

Swami Chihuahuananda
11-11-2015, 10:54 PM
I got this video of me playing my flute, at Canyon Dechelly (Tse'ye) AZ. Over looking Spider Rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsreYZgxcRA

Been there :smile: (in this life)

Touched
11-11-2015, 11:09 PM
Spirituality becomes 'boring' when it ceases being relevant to the individual - that is, when he ceases being spiritual.