PDA

View Full Version : Ego blocks and challenges

lenvdb64
05-11-2015, 11:43 AM
Once upon a time I was not Soul-aware. As a Christian I would get offended by certain things. Even though Jesus teaches - do not get offended.

People are easily offended. If you look at someone, and they don't like it, or if you say something, you are forced to edit your sentences in case you say something that offends someone.

I remember attending a certain church denomination where certain words were unacceptable.

You could not speak of God as "He", and you could not talk about the Lord God or the Kingdom of God. Any gender reference to God was a forbidden reference.

In my conditioned state I always knew God in a Masculine and had to dissolve all of those mindsets anyway.

However the Kabbalistic concept of Malkuth is translated as the Kingdom. It is really an abstract spiritual concept as opposed to a physical engendered concept.

But then being soul - aware also means being aware of my ego, and that it has to be subdued in order for it to transcend this plane, this reality.

And in my view the Soul does not get offended. At soul level everything is an expression and is not subject to the duality of good vs evil, right vs wrong.

So I wonder how it is that some people are so easily offended. I have come to understand that it is the ego that gets offended. The bigger the ego the easier it is to get offended.

If I talk about reincarnation, and someone feels offended because their conditioning does not accept the concept of reincarnation, am I then to scrub and edit the word reincarnation from my language?

Would it not be beneficial for those who are offended by such concepts as these, for example, to turn inwards, and look at their own conditioning, their own ego-blocks, and deal with them?

The Universe has a strange way of rubbing one up the wrong way until we deal with those things that offends our egos. And until we deal with them, the rubbing will continue. It is pointless to voice one's objections against being rubbed up the wrong way and expect everyone else to fall into line to suit our own conditioning.

Everyone has their own little niggles, and ego blocks.:confused:

Mine is when someone starts gay-bashing and quoting the Bible. Such a person in my view is vomiting their own ignorance over others and forcing their beliefs onto them.

I recently encountered a few Gnostic Hermetics who actively go gay-bashing. I was shocked. I did not expect that, so I responded by telling them how it is unacceptable to abuse gay people using mistranslated Bibles which had been modified, chopped and changed over the centuries for political purposes. I was surprised at the ego-reaction I got about going to hell for being an abomination.
:mad:

So what are your ego-blocks if you have any?

Lucyan28
05-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Well I'm an abomination myself then, hahaha just kidding.

My ego blocks are related with lack of self-love.

Another one is missing a person and longing to be with him.

I shall cast away these funny blocks!

Lucyan28
05-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Duplicate post...

Miss Hepburn
05-11-2015, 08:57 PM
I don't focus on my ego blocks...that's exactly what the ego mind
wants you to do!
Hahaha! :tongue:

Yes, indignation, strong opinions, being easily offended, having to be right,
all products of the ego mind, devil, lower ego self, the enemy...so many different names.

Anything that ruffles my feathers and there might be a couple
things that surprise me still...I know are MY issue.
(And/or lots of times are simply the other person's lack of self awareness...
not a grave sin, haha, easily dropped and forgiven. Sometimes ya just can't change stupid.)

Great post, len !!

Hey, if you get ruffled by gay bashers...just think of them in a lake of gasoline for eternity
on fire. (That comes from Eliz Taylor in 'Butterfield Eight'.)
No, think of them as having to come back here way more than you will have to ...slow learners always do.
I'm a slow learner, btw. :tongue:

Deepsoul
05-11-2015, 09:14 PM
Youre so funny Miss H and Yes if your still getting ruffled, theres work to be done ,dosent hurt that the process may be for the ruffling to be unveiled though all the better so you can as Lucyan says cast it all away just make sure you learnt something too......

Oh in answer to the question mine would be control of this or that,,,Ha Ha Ha

And as for your damnation lenvdb64 if these guys have any type of conscious thats exactly where they would be for saying such ridiculous stuff of course unless they are so blinded by the light that they think their self righteous judgement is all that matters ,scary

sky
05-11-2015, 09:22 PM
Once upon a time I was not Soul-aware. As a Christian I would get offended by certain things. Even though Jesus teaches - do not get offended.

People are easily offended. If you look at someone, and they don't like it, or if you say something, you are forced to edit your sentences in case you say something that offends someone.k

I remember attending a certain church denomination where certain words were unacceptable.

You could not speak of God as "He", and you could not talk about the Lord God or the Kingdom of God. Any gender reference to God was a forbidden reference.

In my conditioned state I always knew God in a Masculine and had to dissolve all of those mindsets anyway.

However the Kabbalistic concept of Malkuth is translated as the Kingdom. It is really an abstract spiritual concept as opposed to a physical engendered concept.

But then being soul - aware also means being aware of my ego, and that it has to be subdued in order for it to transcend this plane, this reality.

And in my view the Soul does not get offended. At soul level everything is an expression and is not subject to the duality of good vs evil, right vs wrong.

So I wonder how it is that some people are so easily offended. I have come to understand that it is the ego that gets offended. The bigger the ego the easier it is to get offended.

If I talk about reincarnation, and someone feels offended because their conditioning does not accept the concept of reincarnation, am I then to scrub and edit the word reincarnation from my language?

Would it not be beneficial for those who are offended by such concepts as these, for example, to turn inwards, and look at their own conditioning, their own ego-blocks, and deal with them?

The Universe has a strange way of rubbing one up the wrong way until we deal with those things that offends our egos. And until we deal with them, the rubbing will continue. It is pointless to voice one's objections against being rubbed up the wrong way and expect everyone else to fall into line to suit our own conditioning.

Everyone has their own little niggles, and ego blocks.:confused:

Mine is when someone starts gay-bashing and quoting the Bible. Such a person in my view is vomiting their own ignorance over others and forcing their beliefs onto them.

I recently encountered a few Gnostic Hermetics who actively go gay-bashing. I was shocked. I did not expect that, so I responded by telling them how it is unacceptable to abuse gay people using mistranslated Bibles which had been modified, chopped and changed over the centuries for political purposes. I was surprised at the ego-reaction I got about going to hell for being an abomination.
:mad:

So what are your ego-blocks if you have any?

I believe ' gay basher ' will be reborn gay and recieve what they gave, karma at it's best.:D

The Back Seat
05-11-2015, 09:33 PM
I agree 100% with this concept. The ego is our sense of duality and our soul is the sense of oneness. Society trains us to focus more in the ego then the soul, and therefore, we have excessive separation of the oneness into two dual right or wrongs.

Now here is my view of soul oneness vs ego duality. We have been sent down to the world as a soul in order to experience the duality of the ego. I don't totally see ego as a negativity. The ego is how we function in this physical world, as we are in fact composed of matter (duality between particles forming a physician solid). There would be no good with out evil. However, existing in this ego 100% of the time is not productive or healthy as it leads to strife and war. The ego is but a tool to survive in this physical world.

What happens in society is that we develope these ideas (in the ego) of what is right or wrong. Whether we take the side of good or evil, we still come from the ego. You example of the gay bashers is a great example that I will dive into. People that have that hatred toward gays are definitely coming from ego (the bashers see themselves as good while others see them as evil). By judging these bashers as evil and coming from the "good" point of view, we are still coming from the ego. If I view a murderer as evil and non murders as good, I'm still coming from ego (whether or not I'm correct). If I place any kind of judgement upon a life form or object, it's coming from the ego.

So, how do we come from the soul? Well let's take a look at a group of people that are known to come from soul: the Tibetan monks who were invaded by the Chinese. No matter how evil the Chinese were to do what they did, the Tibetans didn't (or tried not to) place any form of blame or judgement towards the Chinese because they knew doing so would be coming from ego. The soul has no judgement, and no sense of right or wrong. So if a gay basher attacks, some will meet ego with ego and argue in a state of duality. The hard thing to do is to stay with the soul, away from any judgement of the situation. If we can do this, an amazing thing will happen, all sense of right or wrong will vanish and the bashers will be lost without anything to meet them in duality. But this is not the physical state which is full of duality. So is ego negative? Maybe, maybe not ;). One thing is for sure, there would be less suffering if we learned to come from soul/oneness more, even if our egos have different physical settings. War will always have a good or evil side, but is any side really justified? How do we "change" another's blocked ego, without coming from ego ourselves?

Lucyan28
05-11-2015, 09:50 PM
I believe ' gay basher ' will be reborn gay and recieve what they gave, karma at it's best.:D

Then it wouldn't be karma :mad:

Being gay is amazing and it's actually quite nice ! :D

Rokon
05-11-2015, 10:26 PM
Once upon a time I was not Soul-aware. As a Christian I would get offended by certain things. Even though Jesus teaches - do not get offended...
...People are easily offended.
Hi Len. I have little to offer in the way ego is described here but I do believe being offended easily is an emotional affair pointing to the "offendee". In my school of thought these are healing opportunities that reflect pieces of ourselves that need to be opened and looked at. Invariably these will point to something about ourselves we don't honor or accept and its really about self love in the end. The offender is merely providing a reflection. I disagree heartily that the best way around this is to blame the ego and somehow add more armour. The lower chakras, and the lower emotional realms are not evil. They are neglected. Anyhow, that's a little bit from my neighborhood. :biggrin:

Deepsoul
05-11-2015, 11:08 PM
Definetly being at peace with all of yourself is important ,the lower realms as rokon says or being in touch with your lower chakras and loving there different powers is vitally important to good health as well as your upper ones ,they all have so much to offer a beautiful rainbow of strength courage purpose love humor humility zeal gratitude and creation.....:color:

Yes well said Lucyan ,my besty at school was gay ,he was beautiful he looked like an angel blonde curls and blue eyes, I was so in love with him but I didnt know he was gay and neither did he really back then ,oh well our love was beautiful anyways ,he was so gentle....and I know he loved me too...:D

sky
06-11-2015, 06:02 AM
Then it wouldn't be karma :mad:

Being gay is amazing and it's actually quite nice ! :D

Getting back what you give is karma, no ?

Of course being what you truly are is nice :smile:

lenvdb64
06-11-2015, 03:09 PM
<<Definetly being at peace with all of yourself is important>>

With this I agree - so true . It has been a long journey for me to arrive at a place where I could accept myself in this life as a gay man.

I tried the Christian Path for 30 years, denying the Self, was married for 10 years, and finally I was "told" I am living a lie and this was stopping my spiritual growth.

So much I gave up to liberate myself from the little prison I created for myself to keep myself safe.

I read a little book which help me a lot in understanding my own ego:

Everyday Karma - Carmen Harra

This opened my eyes to see how the ego opposes the soul and how to recognise it.
In most Mystery School Traditions it is the goal of the initiate to become Self Aware, to recognise the Soul and the Ego within, the Dweller at the Threshold and transcend it.

jonesboy
06-11-2015, 05:10 PM
Hi lenvdb64,

Great topic and discussion!

I have found that I have chased what others are experiencing. I have chased Siddhas or experiences that are common to others of higher and lower depth than myself.

I am much better now but every once in awhile something will come up and bite me.

TheGlow
07-11-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure what ego blocks I have... I do get irritated by really prideful people but I think that is because I work hard at not being that way as I see it is too dangerous. Pride to me seperates yourself from others and if I fell into prideful thinking I know it would be a slippery slope.

The Back Seat
09-11-2015, 04:31 PM
When we are free of ego, we are unaffected by other people's egos. Only the ego understands the duality of disagreement. The soul is unaffected by others egotistical attacks. The soul is peaceful and loves all

Rokon
09-11-2015, 05:30 PM
When we are free of ego, we are unaffected by other people's egos. Only the ego understands the duality of disagreement. The soul is unaffected by others egotistical attacks. The soul is peaceful and loves all
I suppose the truth of this idea "that soul is devoid of ego" is heavily weighted on how one defines soul.

skygazer
11-11-2015, 02:35 AM
You know what is said about homophobics by the professionals, right? It stems from unconscious conflicts about their own sexuality, that is the hardcore ones, the loudest and meanest of them all. I suppose one could feel compassion for these lost souls, if one was so inclined, but I personally wouldn't bother.

Ego challenges for me? Pride. There is good pride that comes with self respect and bad pride which the personality cherishes, that is all about feeling indignant, it's a very slippery slope for me.

lenvdb64
11-11-2015, 10:57 AM
<<You know what is said about homophobics by the professionals, right? It stems from unconscious conflicts about their own sexuality, that is the hardcore ones, the loudest and meanest of them all.>>

True LOL

I am reminded of that movie with Kevin Spacey - American Beauty.
The 2 gay guys on the street appeared to be most sane couple on that street.
The retired Army officer was the big homophobe, who turned out to be secretly gay and in serious conflict about his own sexuality.
I can understand and identify with that inner conflict. I carried it with me for many years until I accepted my self and made peace with my Self about it.

Lorelyen
11-11-2015, 01:11 PM
You're analysis seems perfectly right. You're dealing with people unable to break from their social conditioning (that, let's face it, starts from the day we're born). It's sometimes easier to break from that if a person has cause to rebel or be propelled into different social situations. It doesn't necessarily take a trip to Yesod to break away, it could simply be a broadening of the mind by exposure to enough of a variety of milieux to appreciate that no single conditioning will work. With that comes a flexibility of mind, an acceptance of the breadth of humanity.

Nonetheless, the person who ventures away from Malkuth will develop the same thing, to me not by losing ego but by widening the scope of one's ego where one can "manage" things better - reject aspects of Malkuth self deemed unnecessary or limiting, and develop other aspects.

There's also the falling apart of society, people having to be more protective of their baggage so they are offended more readily, more sensitive to perceived sleight.

Interesting topic. At what point does one's ego disappear. Just north of Tifareth, I suspect, having got to the root of it.