PDA

View Full Version : Awakening - What Were Your Big Questions?

KyraSiva
02-11-2015, 07:32 PM
When you first started going through your spiritual awakening, what were your BIG life questions you asked yourself? Was there anything that sparked your awakening or was little things that added up over time?

LibraCharm
03-11-2015, 12:50 PM
Well just from my own experiences, I wondered what my worth in this world is and how I could/can be apart of something bigger than myself (still am lol).
I wondered how we are all connected, I wondered about why we are who we are today and kept digging, I wondered if "purpose" really existed in this world and kept questioning my own "understanding".
I questioned why we react the way we do to the choices that are presented to us daily. Heaps more but yeah that's really my starting line. :)

What are your questions you think of may I ask? :)

What are your questions may I ask? :)

kkfern
03-11-2015, 12:53 PM
many people ask "why me".
i asked why not everyone else?

i could see and do things since birth. i could not understand why everyone did not.

kk

LibraCharm
03-11-2015, 12:57 PM
many people ask "why me".
i asked why not everyone else?

i could see and do things since birth. i could not understand why everyone did not.

kk

Well it's your "choice" to to dive in to your gifts. There is infinite knowledge in this world so learn what you feel is right for you. :smile:
This is good site to ask your questions too:)

wolfgaze
03-11-2015, 01:03 PM
Was there anything that sparked your awakening or was little things that added up over time?

Yes...

-Grieving the loss/passing of an important family member
-The cumulative effect of a lifetime's worth of mental suffering

Good questions that you asked here....

:cool:

Clover
03-11-2015, 02:36 PM
Rejecting conformism- You can't cage a free thinker/spirit. I was forced to redefine my purpose and self worth.A common theme I see in many woman as well. You are worth a lot more than what you allow yourself to settle for.

It's waking up to who you are rather than who you imagined yourself to be.

Still learning, still truckin' :smile:

kapamati1
03-11-2015, 02:42 PM
Yes...

-Grieving the loss/passing of an important family member
-The cumulative effect of a lifetime's worth of mental suffering

Good questions that you asked here....

:cool:

I second this. The bricks had been slowly pelting me in the head and then WHAM. What you just said Wolfgaze. And then, it got propelled into overdrive after the realization of a person that was indirectly in my life that got moved to the center focus. I once heard someone say that it is like a drug trip with no drugs. I agree. But, it also seemed like you were given an advanced calculus book at 3 years old and were told ...HERE....AND DON'T FORGET TO SHOW YOUR WORK! LOL

KyraSiva
03-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Really enjoyed reading all of your responses! Thanks. I am always curious about how people got onto a spiritual path and what their experience is like.

@Libracharm - I started writing out my BIG questions and wound up writing so much more than I was expecting!
My big questions were:
Who Am I? What part of "me" is unchangable (my name, body, personality were all changable so what part of me was still me or was there one?)
Why? Why (fill in everything). I wanted to understand why people acted they way they do, why I did the things I did. Why society was structured the way it was as it didn't seem to promote happiness, health or connectivity. That why burned in my heart for years - so much curiosity and wanting to understand life.
What are the secrets to the universe? (I always felt like there were some mysterious secrets out there that no one talks about. Turns out I was just in main stream culture and once i got into spiritual groups all the "secrets" were there!)
Is there life after death? Is there life before birth? What is my relationship to God? What is God?

Lol, I could go on but trying to not write a novel here.

LibraCharm
03-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Really enjoyed reading all of your responses! Thanks. I am always curious about how people got onto a spiritual path and what their experience is like.

@Libracharm - I started writing out my BIG questions and wound up writing so much more than I was expecting!
My big questions were:
Who Am I? What part of "me" is unchangable (my name, body, personality were all changable so what part of me was still me or was there one?)
Why? Why (fill in everything). I wanted to understand why people acted they way they do, why I did the things I did. Why society was structured the way it was as it didn't seem to promote happiness, health or connectivity. That why burned in my heart for years - so much curiosity and wanting to understand life.
What are the secrets to the universe? (I always felt like there were some mysterious secrets out there that no one talks about. Turns out I was just in main stream culture and once i got into spiritual groups all the "secrets" were there!)
Is there life after death? Is there life before birth? What is my relationship to God? What is God?

Lol, I could go on but trying to not write a novel here.

Haha that's awesome! writing is always a great way to keep track of your thoughts and questions! :biggrin: I hope you find peace in everything you do KyraSiva. :)

wolfgaze
03-11-2015, 10:43 PM
The big question for me was - What happens to us after our physical 'death'? Also, I was really intrigued by the field of Thanatology (especially Near Death Experience (NDE) research). The accounts of what were described as 'life review' experiences particularly captured my interest and stimulated a lot of contemplation within me - and I found myself pondering what the purpose was of this human life experience....

LadyMay
03-11-2015, 11:07 PM
"Who am I?" I think that was the biggest. The second one was "How did something actually come out of nothing?" Turns out the answer to the two were both the same... :smile:

naturesflow
03-11-2015, 11:13 PM
When you first started going through your spiritual awakening, what were your BIG life questions you asked yourself? Was there anything that sparked your awakening or was little things that added up over time?

Why was I feeling emotionally disturbed in so many ways. Fear sparked pretty much everything. Then the realization that I was trapped inside myself wanting to get out. Then of course what followed was, who am I really if all these fears are not me? And so I learn who I am...