PDA

View Full Version : How do I heal and soothe the pain?

aclassicalpaint
01-11-2015, 08:40 PM
In 2011 my horse was sold to an unknown buyer on the other side of the country without my knowledge. She was my soul mate. There is still a hole in my heart. My soul screams out for her. I searched for her high and low until one night she came to me in a dream, explaining she had passed away. I have been in incomprehensible, constant pain from this loss for so long now and I fear that the spiritual pain may bring physical problems. I even tried filling the hole with another horse to no avail, though I do love her immensely. So I begged God and his angels to give me peace and help me heal. Before I knew it, I was gifted another horse. He has given me the happiness I never thought I could have. I am so utterly thankful for my horses, but the pain is still palpable. There will always be something missing now that she's gone, but the pain is too much. I know I was given the tools I need to heal, I just am lost on how to use them. I just need to move on in this life.
Any help or advice would be lovely :smile:

Native spirit
01-11-2015, 09:15 PM
When anyone looses a loyal friend as in a pet be it cat dog horse etc.you do grieve for them its a part of Healing,some people fill the void left by their pet by getting another,there is nothing wrong in that at all,then the guilt comes in as in a replacement.
while you had your loyal friend you had happy times,and they would want to to have happy times with your new pet also

Namaste

knightofalbion
01-11-2015, 10:49 PM
"Horses and dogs were playing together and when they stopped, they seemed to stare a hole right through me and then went back to playing. I was told they were checking to see if I was the person they were waiting for that they had loved while on earth"
- From a NDE account

How terrible to suffer that - someone selling your horse without your knowledge or consent.

But take heart, we will be reunited with our beloved animal companions on the Other Side, when our time comes.

(My dear mother is with her beloved horse that she had as a young woman!)

She is happy. Find your happiness too.

Give your love to your new horse and other horses in the future. Maybe charitable work to help horses in need would be good for you too?

Tobi
02-11-2015, 01:54 AM
First, I am very sorry that you had little control in what happened. I can't ask why...but whoever did that should have got your permission first. That is basic ethics.

But nevertheless, if she has passed over, then she is truly at Peace, in the best possible way imaginable. A true sense of all being well, which defies our usual human logic. Forgiveness walks hand in hand with this tremendous loving state. I know because I have experienced it. I am not just saying that.

She still lives, and still loves you very much -as she is aware you love her. The Spirit knows without explanation. With those levels there really is no separation, and that can be known deep in the Heart, if we can silence the mind enough to let it enter .

It's hard to feel those levels every day. Life here isn't usually like that. But each day if you set aside some sacred quiet time for her, to send your heartfelt love, she will know. That will bring her much happiness.

It's a strange paradox of feelings. On one level a great sense that all is well, a tremendous knowing and peace, and grace; that love and connection with a loved one's Soul will pervade your whole being. On another hand, a hollow sense of separation and emptiness. That's because our perspective shifts, as we haven't got the full Spirit perspective on this level.

But she is there and she loves you and always will because you have a strong and special bond.

You have been given another one to care for. The same happened to me after the loss of a Soul-Mate-Dog! I was given a cat, "by God." No way 'my choice' but as a result of circumstances. And I shall honour that. No way a 'replacement'.....not possible....but a little one to help, as a friend. I shall do my best to the end because I recognise the placement of this opportunity to care for and serve another Soul, as very timely, and because the cat needs a friend. She was 'given to me' just before my dog passed....about three weeks before. My dog has often been to visit while I was spending time with the little cat. I was encouraged to love another.

I feel very differently about the cat -but that doesn't matter. I do my best.

My advice? Talk to the horse you have now. Confide in her, and tell her exactly what you feel, and where you stand right now. Tell her from your heart, and also tell her you know she is a gift from Spirit, and you will always honour that.

When you eventually pass over you will be made aware of the one-ness of things and how expansive Love is.

Thunder Bow
02-11-2015, 05:36 PM
I agree with Native Spirit. The horses are your tools, all you need to do is care for them and ride them.

http://stormrunneraz.tripod.com/horse22.gif