PDA

View Full Version : Immediate experience

Timeless
01-11-2015, 08:08 PM
I can't really say how to have direct and immediate experience, it's just something that happens. Whether you allow it to happen or not, it will be there. If you are busy with thoughts, you will probably miss it. If you are busy trying to reach some "spiritual place" your mind will be too busy to deal with it.

This direct experience doesn't need to be explained. Explaining things just brings up unnecessary notions. Nothing is as important as this or that. Everything just has its own place. I have often heard "you don't know what you want because you already have it."

So, instead of trying to reach a plateau of enlightenment, just give up all these notions and efforts. What more could enlightenment be? Stillness?

How can you have stillness if you constantly are trying to gain something or alter your state?

Deepsoul
02-11-2015, 05:35 AM
You are right there Timeless, its all happening for me now in real time, again so young, enjoy friend.

It has taken me many paths to get there though.

Ive learnt alot though.

I would only add in unconditional love.....

Timeless
02-11-2015, 05:53 AM
You are right there Timeless, its all happening for me now in real time, again so young, enjoy friend.

It has taken me many paths to get there though.

Ive learnt alot though.

I would only add in unconditional love.....

I think we have to become content with actuality, and stop trying to add our own "twist" to everything.

Aldous Huxley said it best when he said something like "most humans live through concepts, and not direct experience." I'm starting to realize this more and more everyday.

Deepsoul
02-11-2015, 07:27 AM
It really is so lovely, especially when in nature you see all the little flowers and stuff, I believe that WE as in humans are meant to enjoy all of this , when you come to

a balance in your life, theres nothing better, im not saying I can do immediate experience all the time the mind can be tricky ,I like positive affirmations that will take

me there to if need be,like Im grateful for this or that, or I now choose to enjoy this moment,but the more I support it the more I experience it ,something I also

realized was that its really all about me or you, when we truly love ourselves so much and pour that unconditional love into ourselves, we become the I AM and we live

from our hearts we value all our emotions even anger or hate and we may need to express them cleanly to continue on the path of authenticity....When we can have this

power we can put ourselves first if it is in a situation that requires it so the ultimate outcome of loving and respecting the self will lead to a place of love ,because you

dont take any **, sorry bit off topic but not really you are in an immediate experience and sometimes assertiveness is just to wishy washy....So when we are

encompassing actuality we are at ease with our dark and our light....

Another aspect of it is the divine inner silence....so lovely

Deepsoul
02-11-2015, 08:51 AM
For me I had to really know there was a connection to God and that he is there for me 24/7, I never want to loose that amazing feeling of golden light that circles in my

crown chakra and can spiral into and from the heavens , Jesus also has his special stuff too , Im excited that as I develop my heart I Am ,and the power available to me

,already I am healing at an accelerated rate, hooray...Lately Ive been seeing an eye it is my eye but not and it sees out of me ,not the 3rd eye, but the only way I can

describe it is that it feels like its an from an alien and it has an enormous amount of intelligence in it....

Lorelyen
02-11-2015, 05:11 PM
I think we have to become content with actuality, and stop trying to add our own "twist" to everything.

Can you elaborate a bit more on that please? More specifically what do you mean by actuality here?

Cheers.

I have much respect for Huxley but I think he's a bit out with that one except within narrow limits. Many are fed virtual experiences but they're virtual experiences rather than abstract, i.e. conceptual.

That aside, for instance - when I listen to a piece of music, that's a direct experience - not received via a concept which would be when I read a musical score and create an idealised performance in my "mind". Every moment our senses are active we are experiencing - directly, not conceptually, surely?

Timeless
03-11-2015, 09:46 PM
Can you elaborate a bit more on that please? More specifically what do you mean by actuality here?

Cheers.

I have much respect for Huxley but I think he's a bit out with that one except within narrow limits. Many are fed virtual experiences but they're virtual experiences rather than abstract, i.e. conceptual.

That aside, for instance - when I listen to a piece of music, that's a direct experience - not received via a concept which would be when I read a musical score and create an idealised performance in my "mind". Every moment our senses are active we are experiencing - directly, not conceptually, surely?

Okay. What I'm trying to say with immediate experience is pretty similar to surrendering. And at the same time you're free from attachment of any concept. You don't refer to memory of past experience (which usually is just a memory of a memory) if that makes any sense.

And you also begin to see your thoughts as an immediate experience. If you're at peace everything should flow like music. You (the self) are continuously aware of these things but you no longer try to explain it. You are at the forefront of every experience. Things are no longer experienced by the conditioned mind. You just know now, and nothing needs to be done or explained. Real experience comes into play.

A human Being
04-11-2015, 01:44 PM
I can't really say how to have direct and immediate experience, it's just something that happens. Whether you allow it to happen or not, it will be there. If you are busy with thoughts, you will probably miss it. If you are busy trying to reach some "spiritual place" your mind will be too busy to deal with it.

This direct experience doesn't need to be explained. Explaining things just brings up unnecessary notions. Nothing is as important as this or that. Everything just has its own place. I have often heard "you don't know what you want because you already have it."

So, instead of trying to reach a plateau of enlightenment, just give up all these notions and efforts. What more could enlightenment be? Stillness?

How can you have stillness if you constantly are trying to gain something or alter your state?
This reminds me of an analogy Adyashanti used, in relation to searching for stillness - he said it's like you're on a lake, zooming around on a speedboat looking for a still spot; but of course, stillness will continue to elude you for as long as you're zipping about, because you're continually making waves. If you want to find a still spot, you have to stop.

Great thread, Timeless, thanks :smile: