PDA

View Full Version : Finding Inspiration

Timeless
31-10-2015, 05:10 AM
I'm 21 years old. Over the past year or so I've been pretty unstable. I have reached stages in my life that I would have never even thought of being at a couple years ago. I think it's just the unpredictability of life. When I was in high school I never thought about "becoming spiritual." It's something that sort of just happened to me. I had a few different experiences in college that really forced me to look inside and see who I really was.

I have a much clearer awareness of who I am on the deepest level. Without any labels. The totality of my being. My conditioned thoughts and narrow minded view. I have been able to separate myself from all that, but I don't know how to stay in that and ultimately be happy. What I'm starting to believe is that there is nothing that actually needs to be understood. Nothing more needs to be explained. We can understand it all or ask any questions, but if we don't take accountability for how we feel...there will be minimum progress.

I feel I'm headed in the right direction because honestly I can't take the pain anymore. I think pain and suffering can be the catalyst into a life of content. I think a person has to take FULL responsibility for however they feel. Even though you may have been hurt or brainwashed, it's all on you. You can go ahead and feel sorry for yourself or pick yourself up. Forgive those who hurt you and don't take everything so personally.

Deepsoul
31-10-2015, 05:34 AM
Forgiveness of others and ourselves is so important, otherwise one can live the life of the victim ,always blaming ,we have choices , having supreme unconditional love

for ourselves and others is critical to being at peace ,inspiration comes for me when I remember that I am important to myself ,that I am wonderful and that life is too

and that no matter how Im feeling I still really love myself.

Timeless
31-10-2015, 05:59 AM
Forgiveness of others and ourselves is so important, otherwise one can live the life of the victim ,always blaming ,we have choices , having supreme unconditional love

for ourselves and others is critical to being at peace ,inspiration comes for me when I remember that I am important to myself ,that I am wonderful and that life is too

and that no matter how Im feeling I still really love myself.

I know forgiveness of others and ourselves is really important. But is it more than just an understanding? Is the physical aspect of it just as important, if not more? Whenever I feel like I'm being "played the victim", I just feel negative energy throughout my body.

I feel like my emotions become trapped. Having to do more with the psychology side of things (beliefs in the mind affecting our energy). I think a big part of freeing ourselves from this is a physical transformation as well.

And when there are aspects of a person that you are not too fond of (i.e. bitterness, anger, hatred), should we just ignore these energies completely? How should we respond but at the same time hold onto our own grounded energy? If you get what I mean.

Gem
31-10-2015, 07:06 AM
I'm 21 years old. Over the past year or so I've been pretty unstable. I have reached stages in my life that I would have never even thought of being at a couple years ago. I think it's just the unpredictability of life. When I was in high school I never thought about "becoming spiritual." It's something that sort of just happened to me. I had a few different experiences in college that really forced me to look inside and see who I really was.

I have a much clearer awareness of who I am on the deepest level. Without any labels. The totality of my being. My conditioned thoughts and narrow minded view. I have been able to separate myself from all that, but I don't know how to stay in that and ultimately be happy. What I'm starting to believe is that there is nothing that actually needs to be understood. Nothing more needs to be explained. We can understand it all or ask any questions, but if we don't take accountability for how we feel...there will be minimum progress.

I don't think we need accountability to just acknowledge the feeling as it is.

I feel I'm headed in the right direction because honestly I can't take the pain anymore. I think pain and suffering can be the catalyst into a life of content. I think a person has to take FULL responsibility for however they feel. Even though you may have been hurt or brainwashed, it's all on you. You can go ahead and feel sorry for yourself or pick yourself up. Forgive those who hurt you and don't take everything so personally.
I don't think anyone is responsible for their feelings but I agree about not taking things personally.

Deepsoul
31-10-2015, 07:43 AM
No I dont think we should ignore them but we could it might be the first step to forgiveness which for some of us can take many years as we slowly start to see more and more of sits , I think its important to have a sense of assertiveness though and seeing how we may be enabling a situation or a person , Timeless you seem to be an old soul I wish i new half of what you express here back then ,I was always compassionate but was taken on a huge ride that showed me i could feel hatred its seems to be in the book of lessons ,looking at ourselves honestly is the hardest thing but gets a bit easier I hope.....

naturesflow
31-10-2015, 08:37 AM

Yes very much so.

Your empowering yourself at a very young age, with a great deal of awareness, so well done to you.

naturesflow
31-10-2015, 08:41 AM
I don't think we need accountability to just acknowledge the feeling as it is.

Some people acknowledge feelings Gem by reacting to them and lashing outward at others, so wouldn't personal accountability be a part of that acknowledgement when such situations arise?

I don't think anyone is responsible for their feelings

What do you mean in what you saying here?

Gem
31-10-2015, 09:47 AM
Some people acknowledge feelings Gem by reacting to them and lashing outward at others, so wouldn't personal accountability be a part of that acknowledgement when such situations arise?
Good point. There's a difference between acknowledging the feelings and reacting to them. Its surprising to find that a lot of what people might consider to be their feelings are actually perpetuated reactions. I think one has to differentiate between what they actually feel and their reactions to those feelings, but the sticky bit is, one has to stop reacting in order to see the difference. That's what meditation is about, I claim.

What do you mean in what you saying here?
Maybe people are responsible for how they respond to what they feel, but I don't think they are. It's likely they will experience the consequences of how they respond, indeed they will imediately feel the affects of their responses, but they aren't personally responsible, in my view. I wouldn't want to burden a person with accountability or have them feel they have to rectify anything. What's done is done and can't be changed, which is difficult to live down in many cases, and I would prefer to enhance letting bygones be bygones, live and learn, and as much possible, moving forward from here.

Mr Interesting
03-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Hey Timeless, that felt like when someone comes up behind you and taps you on the right shoulder then comes around from your left. You look right but then they're over the other side.

One thing I kinda noticed yesterday after a particular serendipitous happening which I was called on to explain was that the threads of such go so far back and spread out so far, and likely go as far forward and branch out as well, that it can be difficult to explain in the sense that just conveying the central happening is quite easy but there does need to be a relateable existence/experience to all those threads to actually make something more than an anecdote and more real as an achievable reality.

Lorelyen
03-11-2015, 08:40 PM

Absolutely. You've responded to the inspiration. You're right - your deepest Mysteries can't be explained or rationalised. They can only be experienced as noumena - intuition - esoteric - unique to you. Whether they can be understood is debatable. Yes, it's important to break out of social conditioning while always be aware of it. Once you realise you're playing roles the whole time, you can drive your life a lot easier. If you can see social conditioning for what it is, you can write the script. Forget about forgiving - that's pandering to wrong-doers. Retribution is often more useful to making yourself feel better against wrongs done to you.

yeshee camar
08-11-2015, 12:44 AM
i pull out its all a connected beyond gasp - that all your brainy possy atoms and whats around for you atomy be in utter ol utter shoutout harmonysii for being your lean you be as in to make through - ( like the toons rated-g minions ) made of an be there for you that you would not ever get let down by the tha invincible.