PDA

View Full Version : Dead Ends

Timeless
28-10-2015, 06:30 AM
Dead Ends

If you keep driving down a dead end road, where is that going to get you? You know very well that there is no outlet yet you seem addicted to going down that road. You see the same things. Have the same thoughts. Get no where but to the end.

What if you were to take a road that you never took before, having no idea where this road may take you? You may get lost, but hey, isn't that where the fun is, the unknown?

The point here, is, much of our attention sometimes is focused on thoughts that get us no where. They are very much "dead ends," in a sense, because after awhile you realize that there is nothing left after you go down them. These thoughts have "No outlet." They limit your ability to function in the unknown, and never give you a chance to "get lost."

"Getting lost" is something that makes possible all of the joy in life. It's where creativity and imagination lies. All of art and music and poetry is created by those who "get lost." It's sort of like zen teachings about spontaneity and immediacy.

You might say that dead ends are like your comfort zone. You go down these streets because you are comfortable and know where they will take you. What I say is, you have to have the courage to go down roads and not rely on any reference points.

This is where true growth and experience lies.

Deepsoul
29-10-2015, 12:09 AM
The dictionary calls neurosis; derangement of normal function due to disorders of nervous system....obsessive person .....so yes its good to know what your thinking

,where your going and not get stuck in all or nothing thinking...Gods great for showing me paths I wouldnt have thought of and for the love of Him and me makes me want to create....:smile: