PDA

View Full Version : Walking the path to my Higher self and God alone

django
26-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Today I feel I have come to terms with the necessity of this path, not as a Christian, but as an ultimate spiritual necessity…

28Peter began to say to Him, "Behold, we have left everything and followed You." 29Jesus said, "Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel's sake, 30but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions; and in the age to come, eternal life
Mark 10:28-30

This is one of the heaviest burdens to bear in the search for my Higher Self, to walk the path to Self and God alone, having to relinquish not just all things, but also the longing for others, and the belief that others can ultimately lead me to fulfilment.

And the world may give me persecutions for my troubles, but what of that? And I may feel pain at the solitariness that is ultimately required, but what should that count for as long as I truly believe that the greatest good lies in the solitary path within to Self and God?

Jyotir
26-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Hi Ardhanareshvara,

Congratulations on your resolve.

fwiw...

I would only suggest that in this current era, it may be more practical to simply consecrate the entirety of one's individual life and all its actions to God, rather than renounce all life and its activity for God.

The former is inclusive, the latter exclusive. Since God is the totality, how can God be realised by excluding God?

~ J