PDA

View Full Version : Spirituality vs Normality

BurningBush
25-10-2015, 10:44 PM
Has anyone ever gotten to the point where they felt that they could fully surrender into their spiritual pursuits, which they may have previously felt were in conflict with their "normal" life, more specifically their job? In other words, has anyone gotten to the point that they were no longer worried about survival, despite "the facts" indicating that they may be traveling down a dangerous road with respect to meeting physical needs?

If so, what happened? Did things work themselves out, was it a temporary mindset, or what?

EDIT: I'm asking this question because I recently had a disagreement with a higher up at work over the fact that I wasn't self-promoting at work (i.e., specifically trying to win the praise of those above me). When I said that I didn't like the feel of doing that, he seemed to be irritated that I didn't want to stroke his ego. I told him I'd think about it and I did and decided I'm doing none of that.

naturesflow
25-10-2015, 10:58 PM
Trust and listen is all I do.

I don't see spiritual and normal as separate things, I just do what I love and follow my heart. Listen and move accordingly, sometimes I have to move myself out of ruts to make things happen for myself, not be afraid to complete the whole picture I am pursuing in myself..

I learned that sometimes you have to lose everything to learn that holding on in old ways, doesn't allow for the new way of being to support you in every way of being that new person.

I live by this feeling and inner knowing that everything turns out as it will be and in trust I find nowdays everything comes to me in ways that feels like the universe is a supportive network, showing me the way when I cant see..supporting me when I need support and so on.

naturesflow
25-10-2015, 11:04 PM
EDIT: I'm asking this question because I recently had a disagreement with a higher up at work over the fact that I wasn't self-promoting at work (i.e., specifically trying to win the praise of those above me). When I said that I didn't like the feel of doing that, he seemed to be irritated that I didn't want to stroke his ego. I told him I'd think about it and I did and decided I'm doing none of that.

Sometimes we outgrow people and jobs as I have learned. Sometimes we learn to stand in our own truth in the face of others in the workplace in this way to see how society places expectations to be a certain way. I learned that breaking free in self opens up many avenues related to the external world and others caught up in the "system" and how the system likes things to be.

I also learned breaking free from the system in myself was all within me.

Tobi
25-10-2015, 11:23 PM
Many people in corporate environments operate from distinctly ego-based levels. They enjoy this and like to participate in it. And there is not necessarily any harm in that -for them.

But if you've outgrown it, then I guess you have a few choices, and one of them is paying 'lip service' to -that is compromising with - the way the system of your working environment operates....and another is totally rejecting it and all its trappings.

It would be possible to play the game -compromise with the game, but you would be different from them. You would know you are doing it because your consciousness is more aware....whereas they haven't wakened up yet.
And obviously if important ethics, or maybe even harm to others were involved you would come to a crunch-point where you would have to say 'no'.

I have been happily working -power-washing driveways, for someone with whom I have very little in common, and for a system of thinking I have outgrown. I followed orders happily, gave the benefits of my own awareness when useful or required, turned up to work on time....etc. Basically dealt with the 'system' I was doing a job for without too much upset to my inner Being.
Yes there were times there were annoyances, but I looked on them as learning oppotunities for myself, where I would learn to hone certain qualities.

But then again, if something feels very wrong -and your deepest instincts will inform you -then maybe it is time for a major career change?

engellstein
26-10-2015, 12:49 AM
I don't draw a distinction between spiritual sight and "normal". What's abnormal is when a person lives life purely physically and believes only what is seen with the eyes.

That's a good way to keep getting what you've gotten for years to come until you wise up and realize that what you see around you is the manifestation of past thoughts, and that your current thoughts will manifest what you experience in the near future.

I used to be a big planner. I would micromanage every little detail of what would transpire or could possibly transpire. I'd determine what I wanted and create a definite plan of attack. I don't do that anymore.

I just hold in mind what I want, feel good about how life is always bringing me what I want when I want it, and watch it unfold before me. Usually the only action I take is to step into it. Or at worst I'll feel inspired to go somewhere or to talk to someone and that will be the catalyst that takes me for the ride I wasn't expecting.

MIND POWER
26-10-2015, 01:28 AM
I would not mind being locked up for about 1 year, in some kind of nature reserve...hahah! with the soul purpose to master my mind & body like never before. The place will be purposely prepared so there where not many outside distractions, you see i think it is all these distractions in this world! which ultimately prevent us from mastering ourselves at a faster rate. We may have a little post on here, or a little wonder throughout the day but..? maybe our minds are being distracted all the time for a reason. Because ultimately anything we put our minds to for along enough period of time, we can achieve! (Its a proven formula)....

But nevertheless, this is the game we are in and..? I am still game that i can master my mind and body. Among all the chaos, infact........i would rather it be this way.