PDA

View Full Version : Could your soul be rejecting you?

Shinsoo
25-10-2015, 09:26 PM
We often hear about 'acceptance' in spiritual circles, how one 'accepts' who they truly are and allowing themselves to just be.

But there is a darker side to this notion that does not get covered near as much as it should. Could your soul be rejecting you?

Often, you may not realize it at first. After all, chances are you've often been told that your soul is the best aspects of you, and embodies all of your strengths. For some people, this is the case. For others like me, it isn't. Oftentimes, when a soul creates a path for it's next incarnation, they carefully craft it to how they remember the last incarnation, how they think the next incarnation will develop. More often than not, the incarnation often develops differently, and not in a necessarily good way. This leaves the soul upset at the incarnation for reasons that sometimes seem unfounded. After all, you are told to simply 'be' to do what feels natural.

But what is natural to you, might not be natural for your soul. Depending on a myriad of circumstances, such as dark lifetimes, karma, lack of connection, personal choices, family/friend/society influences, even energies and traits shared with you by other members of your soul family that result in new innate traits within...all of them can result in an incarnation that doesn't share the same natural tendencies as it's soul.

And when that happens, depending on the immaturity of you and your soul, things can get ugly really fast. I connected with my soul almost a year ago, and almost immediately, was aware that a lot of the passions I had, such as music, writing, gaming, even certain friends, were not in line with what my soul felt I needed. I quit the game. I stopped writing. I tried to stop listening to music, alienated a lot of old friends with unneeded honesty. Perhaps the most severe thing I did, switch to a diet that clearly was not resonating with me. Put simply, I foolishly did alot of what she asked for without much question, and paid for it in spades as soul had me convinced for a while I was simply the 'ego self' and knew jack squat.

And it left me shaken and frustrated and very unhappy. I actually felt worse at some points during the hiatus than when I did prior to connection. Realizing that something was very wrong, I'd try to reason with her, only to be reminded by her that whatever I was feeling, doing, thinking, it wasn't natural.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

To make matters even worse, your soul might, like mine does, to make you do things that do not feel right in hopes that you'll fall off the wagon and as a result, can cast you off as a failed incarnation. Mine, up until recently, sabotaged one of the quality checks at my job, tried to sabotage my schooling, and up until now, deprived me of a lot of much needed sleep, as it was a surefire way to get me riled up and more prone to doing stupid things. It also allowed entities to leech off of me and mess with my chakras and etheric body, even so strong as to affect my physical one with headaches and bouts of sleeplessness. Even now, though my guide has helped find a path that works for both of us, I am drenched in shadow, so much that even one of my sister's cats, who used to like me, fears me. Soul now is still unable to trust me fully, but she is tolerant of me and is willing to give me a chance.

That all said, there is still another possibility. If you are directly connected to the Divine, your soul might be causing things to fall apart on you in order to get your attention. I have a Sirian co-worker who is going through something similar to me, but on a slightly more subdued scale. She has yet to answer her soul's calling, and so things continue to be difficult for her. Chances are, once you answer your soul's calling, it will stop it's sabotage and work with you.

Keep in mind that, even if one of these things might be happening to you, your soul is still in essence, Spirit itself, and Spirit accepts and loves all for who they are. It may simply take some time and a lot of stressful situations to iron it all out, but so long as you stay true to what you feel and work to find a path that is both natural for you--your soul, no matter how badly damaged and immature it is, will always, eventually accept you, for you.

Lorelyen
25-10-2015, 09:50 PM
No............It IS you, the deepest driver of you. Were your soul to reject you, you'd be a zombi. This isn't however a comment on the condition your soul is in.

naturesflow
25-10-2015, 09:58 PM
No............It IS you, the deepest driver of you. Were your soul to reject you, you'd be a zombi. This isn't however a comment on the condition your soul is in.

What is soul? Do we really have a soul?

How do you know that the driver is a soul?

How do you know it is YOU..(ME OR HIM/HER )

Why did my, you me or him/her type in capital letters then?

We humans think we know, but do we?

Rah nam
25-10-2015, 09:58 PM
You are spirit and soul

naturesflow
25-10-2015, 10:05 PM
[QUOTE=Shinsoo]We often hear about 'acceptance' in spiritual circles, how one 'accepts' who they truly are and allowing themselves to just be.

But there is a darker side to this notion that does not get covered near as much as it should. Could your soul be rejecting you?

What the?? How did you put those two things together to form that view? I am gobsmacked.

Often, you may not realize it at first. After all, chances are you've often been told that your soul is the best aspects of you, and embodies all of your strengths. For some people, this is the case. For others like me, it isn't. Oftentimes, when a soul creates a path for it's next incarnation, they carefully craft it to how they remember the last incarnation, how they think the next incarnation will develop. More often than not, the incarnation often develops differently, and not in a necessarily good way. This leaves the soul upset at the incarnation for reasons that sometimes seem unfounded. After all, you are told to simply 'be' to do what feels natural.

Your feelings are your feelings ? how you feel? the story is here and now if you look at here and now?

[QUOTE]But what is natural to you, might not be natural for your soul. Depending on a myriad of circumstances, such as dark lifetimes, karma, lack of connection, personal choices, family/friend/society influences, even energies and traits shared with you by other members of your soul family that result in new innate traits within...all of them can result in an incarnation that doesn't share the same natural tendencies as it's soul.

And when that happens, depending on the immaturity of you and your soul, things can get ugly really fast. I connected with my soul almost a year ago, and almost immediately, was aware that a lot of the passions I had, such as music, writing, gaming, even certain friends, were not in line with what my soul felt I needed. I quit the game. I stopped writing. I tried to stop listening to music, alienated a lot of old friends with unneeded honesty. Perhaps the most severe thing I did, switch to a diet that clearly was not resonating with me. Put simply, I foolishly did alot of what she asked for without much question, and paid for it in spades as soul had me convinced for a while I was simply the 'ego self' and knew jack squat.

And it left me shaken and frustrated and very unhappy. I actually felt worse at some points during the hiatus than when I did prior to connection. Realizing that something was very wrong, I'd try to reason with her, only to be reminded by her that whatever I was feeling, doing, thinking, it wasn't natural.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

To make matters even worse, your soul might, like mine does, to make you do things that do not feel right in hopes that you'll fall off the wagon and as a result, can cast you off as a failed incarnation. Mine, up until recently, sabotaged one of the quality checks at my job, tried to sabotage my schooling, and up until now, deprived me of a lot of much needed sleep, as it was a surefire way to get me riled up and more prone to doing stupid things. It also allowed entities to leech off of me and mess with my chakras and etheric body, even so strong as to affect my physical one with headaches and bouts of sleeplessness. Even now, though my guide has helped find a path that works for both of us, I am drenched in shadow, so much that even one of my sister's cats, who used to like me, fears me. Soul now is still unable to trust me fully, but she is tolerant of me and is willing to give me a chance.

That all said, there is still another possibility. If you are directly connected to the Divine, your soul might be causing things to fall apart on you in order to get your attention. I have a Sirian co-worker who is going through something similar to me, but on a slightly more subdued scale. She has yet to answer her soul's calling, and so things continue to be difficult for her. Chances are, once you answer your soul's calling, it will stop it's sabotage and work with you.

Keep in mind that, even if one of these things might be happening to you, your soul is still in essence, Spirit itself, and Spirit accepts and loves all for who they are. It may simply take some time and a lot of stressful situations to iron it all out, but so long as you stay true to what you feel and work to find a path that is both natural for you--your soul, no matter how badly damaged and immature it is, will always, eventually accept you, for you

Acceptance of yourself as not being separate, but a whole complete being, usually puts an end to the story we tell ourselves around the conflict we feel within...

The good, the bad the ugly. Remember they made a complete movie on this topic and it was a great success as a movie... so we see that even screen writers and producers, actors and all those entwined to make this movie, do get it right sometimes..hehehe

naturesflow
25-10-2015, 10:06 PM
You are spirit and soul

This is just a blank statement. How do you really know?

Shinsoo
25-10-2015, 10:18 PM

I was well and truly damn close to being a zombie. Pardon my French.

I was sad, lonely, sleepless and felt I had no purpose. No energy at all.

I didn't say she DID, I'm saying she tried to. But I'm a stubborn little brat and though I had my faith in spirit sorely tested on more than one occasion with her myriad of traps, my forgiveness of her and my determination to make this life a good one won out.

I have yet to hear of a soul that utterly rejected it's incarnation.

Shinsoo
25-10-2015, 10:27 PM
What the?? How did you put those two things together to form that view? I am gobsmacked.

Just came to me. Guide seemed to find it fitting. So I went with it. :)

Your feelings are your feelings ? how you feel? the story is here and now if you look at here and now?

Yes, story is currently going on now, with a much different path than what she originally planned out.

Acceptance of yourself as not being separate, but a whole complete being, usually puts an end to the story we tell ourselves around the conflict we feel within...

The good, the bad the ugly. Remember they made a complete movie on this topic and it was a great success as a movie... so we see that even screen writers and producers, actors and all those entwined to make this movie, do get it right sometimes..hehehe

Most of the people on these forums are pretty high level, compassionate, sensitive beings. I am not. I am just your old Atlantean trying to redeem the hundreds of failed incarnations before me that couldn't even nail down the most basic thing...compassion.

As such, soul classified me as "one of THEM" for the longest time, as I did not awaken out of compassion like she had hoped...I only woke up as I think my soul knew there would be absolutely no chance in hell I'd have a fighting shot in this lifetime to ascend. She could have easily left me attuned to Reiki and chosen not to connect with me. But she knew I was in sad shape, and that if I was obviously THAT interested in healing, then I couldn't be THAT bad and she wanted to give me a chance.

She just made it very difficult for me to get that chance from her.

Mr Interesting
25-10-2015, 10:35 PM
To me the concept of Soul is almost just a mirror whereby aspects of the accumulated self are able to gain space for review and in that it's really got nothing to do with the soul or the self but a kind of empty space between these concepts and a kind of resting within that.

I think that too there can be tendencies to over positivise life when, coming from the space of betweeness, there isn't really positive or negative anyways and what's positive now can be negative later but that negativity can become positive too so it becomes kinda pointless trying to add it all up when in essence it's the distance, the space, to just let things play out.

It's like if you just get too close and too personal with ideas like this of course there going to flip right round into a reverse thing... like balancing on a tight rope using a big pole because the big pole, the distance, allows movements to be slower and less dramatic but without that big pole... well the rope starts swinging when you twitch an eye even...precarious.

Moral. If you gonna go tight rope walkin' then take a big pole.

naturesflow
25-10-2015, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=Shinsoo]Just came to me. Guide seemed to find it fitting. So I went with it. :)

Yes, story is currently going on now, with a much different path than what she originally planned out.

Most of the people on these forums are pretty high level, compassionate, sensitive beings. I am not. I am just your old Atlantean trying to redeem the hundreds of failed incarnations before me that couldn't even nail down the most basic thing...compassion.

Often when we compare ourselves to something we see we are seeing it as ourselves just that we don't feel it yet..:smile:

As such, soul classified me as "one of THEM" for the longest time, as I did not awaken out of compassion like she had hoped...I only woke up as I think my soul knew there would be absolutely no chance in hell I'd have a fighting shot in this lifetime to ascend. She could have easily left me attuned to Reiki and chosen not to connect with me. But she knew I was in sad shape, and that if I was obviously THAT interested in healing, then I couldn't be THAT bad and she wanted to give me a chance.

WE wake up as we are meant to wake up. When you let go of all the stories around what you feel, who you are, who did what to you and who didn't, then naturally what arrives to see and feel is you as a all seeing, feeling being.

She just made it very difficult for me to get that chance from her

We each do what we need to do for ourselves and each other..sometimes it fits sometimes it doesn't.

naturesflow
25-10-2015, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE=Mr Interesting]To me the concept of Soul is almost just a mirror whereby aspects of the accumulated self are able to gain space for review and in that it's really got nothing to do with the soul or the self but a kind of empty space between these concepts and a kind of resting within that.

Me likes this..

I think that too there can be tendencies to over positivise life when, coming from the space of betweeness, there isn't really positive or negative anyways and what's positive now can be negative later but that negativity can become positive too so it becomes kinda pointless trying to add it all up when in essence it's the distance, the space, to just let things play out.

Space we play in...yes I like this too.

It's like if you just get too close and too personal with ideas like this of course there going to flip right round into a reverse thing... like balancing on a tight rope using a big pole because the big pole, the distance, allows movements to be slower and less dramatic but without that big pole... well the rope starts swinging when you twitch an eye even...precarious.

If your open in that space, in yourself, it can feel complete but aware of what was incomplete in feeling so it all relates to the space, even so. You really only have to ensure your own balance in the whole space created by you, in the whole creation to change that precarious to adventurous..:wink:

You can always crawl across and learn to balance on your knees but?

Shinsoo
25-10-2015, 11:25 PM
To me the concept of Soul is almost just a mirror whereby aspects of the accumulated self are able to gain space for review and in that it's really got nothing to do with the soul or the self but a kind of empty space between these concepts and a kind of resting within that.

I really like this metaphor.

It ties in with what I'm trying to follow--the middle path.

Yup, I got a big pole all right. :) Actually that's a good metaphor for my guide...he's the one who probably ran lots of ideas to her, then presented them to me when she agreed.

Rokon
26-10-2015, 12:21 AM
I just assume the word "soul" is a word religions use to describe one's "spirit."

I do think when we manifest huge parts of spirit remain unmanifest so yea, parts of ourselves could very well reject, or dislike what the manifested essence is accomplishing or experiencing. I do remember reading years ago about a "life between lives" regression session where a person to the therapist of an incarnation where she was a young girl. The story goes that she wanted to marry a lover and her parents said no so she climbed a horse and rode into a body of water and drowned in despair. After she died she found herself with part of her "soul circle" a spirit she knew as a record keeper who begun to chastise her for ending her incarnation prematurely and was very upset that all the planning was for not because of her selfishness.

Maybe "soul" is more like a spirit group..?

Shinsoo
26-10-2015, 01:20 AM
I just assume the word "soul" is a word religions use to describe one's "spirit."

I do think when we manifest huge parts of spirit remain unmanifest so yea, parts of ourselves could very well reject, or dislike what the manifested essence is accomplishing or experiencing. I do remember reading years ago about a "life between lives" regression session where a person to the therapist of an incarnation where she was a young girl. The story goes that she wanted to marry a lover and her parents said no so she climbed a horse and rode into a body of water and drowned in despair. After she died she found herself with part of her "soul circle" a spirit she knew as a record keeper who begun to chastise her for ending her incarnation prematurely and was very upset that all the planning was for not because of her selfishness.

Maybe "soul" is more like a spirit group..?

I am certain there are things like soul families. There are some who think souls are part of a bigger collective...

I honestly don't know as of yet, but your tale there sounds interesting. A record keeper who voiced her displeasure. Maybe her particular record keeper for the Akashic Records?

I am certain those exist too.

Rokon
26-10-2015, 01:29 AM
yes the record keeper in the story was the spirit who held the lives history for the soul who was the young girl. In the retelling of the story the young girl expressed her extreme frustration to the record keeper for not being able to follow her heart and life was just too unbearable without her lover and she saw no joy in continuing her life as it was. It was then the record-keeper opened his book of lives for the girl to see his last incarnation where he was sent to a lion's den to be ripped apart limb by limb in some spectator sport, ending "his" life. It was in a book by Michael Newton I believe but I'm not sure.

Shinsoo
26-10-2015, 01:48 AM
yes the record keeper in the story was the spirit who held the lives history for the soul who was the young girl. In the retelling of the story the young girl expressed her extreme frustration to the record keeper for not being able to follow her heart and life was just too unbearable without her lover and she saw no joy in continuing her life as it was. It was then the record-keeper opened his book of lives for the girl to see his last incarnation where he was sent to a lion's den to be ripped apart limb by limb in some spectator sport, ending "his" life. It was in a book by Michael Newton I believe but I'm not sure.

Whoa that's powerful! I wonder how the girl reacted when she saw that! I'm guessing the lesson was successful. :)

MIND POWER
26-10-2015, 01:57 AM
hahahaha! the title of this thread has made me chuckle, unexpectedly.

Spiritual patient: "Hey doctor i don't feel well"....

Spiritual doctor: "After looking at these results, unfortunately it looks like your soul is rejecting you hahaha".

I mean come on, we have a hard enough time down here! without our soul rejecting us.

Rah nam
26-10-2015, 07:07 AM
This is just a blank statement. How do you really know?

How can i tell you what I know?
Some know they are alive, some don't.
Some know where they come from and have been, most don't.
Some know who and what they are, very few do.

God-Like
26-10-2015, 09:11 AM
I don't speak often about the soul but I would say the soul is not something that can reject or embrace what one refers to as 'you' .

My understandings are that the soul is likened to an essence of you so when the head rules the heart for instance the soul absorbs the experience of that .

When dark thoughts consume one's mind one can relate to a dark soul because the soul just soaks up one's expression .

This is why I have many moons ago spoken of the soul being swayed by our senses .

The soul can be bound by them so there is a reflection of one's thoughts and intentions within one's soul .

The soul is a slave to the mind in some respect but if one is not a slave to the minds senses then the soul is in a sense free from one's mindful self .

When one is in a sense free the soul is free, some will say the soul that is free from the attachments of the material world the soul is as pure as the driven snow .

x daz x

LadyMay
26-10-2015, 09:23 AM
I don't speak often about the soul but I would say the soul is not something that can reject or embrace what one refers to as 'you' .

My understandings are that the soul is likened to an essence of you so when the head rules the heart for instance the soul absorbs the experience of that .

When dark thoughts consume one's mind one can relate to a dark soul because the soul just soaks up one's expression .

This is why I have many moons ago spoken of the soul being swayed by our senses .

The soul can be bound by them so there is a reflection of one's thoughts and intentions within one's soul .

The soul is a slave to the mind in some respect but if one is not a slave to the minds senses then the soul is in a sense free from one's mindful self .

When one is in a sense free the soul is free, some will say the soul that is free from the attachments of the material world the soul is as pure as the driven snow .

x daz x

Wow, I love this. I can really relate.

LadyMay
26-10-2015, 09:25 AM
But I also know that souls are aspects that can be changeable between beings. So a soul could absorb darkness from another's past life experience and then become the soul of a more advanced consciousness for the sake of healing. I think that's what's happened in Shinsoo's case. I also have a friend going through this exact same thing right now too. I think the complexities of spirit are not that well known, but often what we refer to as 'our' past life, is often someone else's that many of us have taken on to deal with (because no one else would deal with it and it would just keep adding to the collective junk otherwise).

Shinsoo
26-10-2015, 11:09 AM

x daz x

I agree with some of it, but not all of it.

My soul wasn't swayed by me at all at first, in fact -I- was the one listening to her like a little kid. I actually didn't have that much Ego to sift through, as I was already at an extreme low when I connected, and was ready for anything, ANYTHING to get me out of the hell hole I had created for myself.

Not just ready, but I absorbed all that she wanted as best as I could, no matter how wrong it felt, cause hey, it's soul! One's soul knows you best!

That said, I do think my soul has some issues with my mental processes. I operate way too quickly for her at times and can be way too obsessive. My brain is rather abstract and she can't quite deal with it. She's tried disconnecting from me, but she simply can't even though she knows it's wise, as my thoughts root her in fear.

Shinsoo
26-10-2015, 11:17 AM
But I also know that souls are aspects that can be changeable between beings. So a soul could absorb darkness from another's past life experience and then become the soul of a more advanced consciousness for the sake of healing. I think that's what's happened in Shinsoo's case. I also have a friend going through this exact same thing right now too. I think the complexities of spirit are not that well known, but often what we refer to as 'our' past life, is often someone else's that many of us have taken on to deal with (because no one else would deal with it and it would just keep adding to the collective junk otherwise).

I'm not sure I follow.

I believe I've had the same soul since I connected to the Divine.

And to be honest, I don't think my soul is able to really do a lot of the things other souls can do just yet. Otherwise I think she would have traded me away long ago!

She really really did not like me at first, at all.

LadyMay
26-10-2015, 11:39 AM
If you've had the same soul since the beginning, then wouldn't her past lives be your past lives and you're just in a war with yourself? Or are you thinking of the soul as having many extensions of different people, who had their own lives which are affecting you?

naturesflow
26-10-2015, 11:58 AM
How can i tell you what I know?
Some know they are alive, some don't.
Some know where they come from and have been, most don't.
Some know who and what they are, very few do.

But what if I said you know nothing?
Then what..

naturesflow
26-10-2015, 12:00 PM

x daz x

But how do you know all this?

being curious as I am at times, its just you creating a story isn't it ?

God-Like
26-10-2015, 01:17 PM
But how do you know all this?

being curious as I am at times, its just you creating a story isn't it ?

The soul is just a word that kinda describes a part of what we are, just as the subconscious mind is .

What I have realized is that there is a beyond the mind and beyond the senses .

If I associate that which is beyond with what is present then there is a quality or an essence of what we are that is not tainted by the material experience .

I relate the soul aspect of our experience as the untainted and that is always present within experience .

So the soul is pure and untainted and becomes saturated by thoughts and expressions likened to to the blank canvas of the artist that is yet to paint a picture .

Over many lifetimes one's painting is over painted over and over again and it's difficult to see what painting is what .

Sometimes one requires to paint over everything white in order to see clearly for the next impression .

I see the white canvas as the soul beyond any impression ..

The soul that is saturated with layers upon layers of paint is the soul impressed .

x daz x

Jyotir
26-10-2015, 01:48 PM
Hi Shinsoo,

Rest assured, the soul does not reject, but supports the life.
However the soul may 'temporarily' acquiesce to other more dominant parts of being if those have seen fit to reject the soul!

You will need to clearly discriminate what consciousness/part of being is dominating or orienting your search for truth.

My guess (or inference) based on your posts is that you are substituting (or mistaking) the vital being for the soul.

~ J

Lucyan28
26-10-2015, 08:07 PM
The soul is rejecting you? Who is "You" in this case? Is this You the ego? Is this You the personality? Is this You the physical body?

Let's focus on the rejection and what it is, ultimately rejection is lack of love to ourselves, we could say it is an emotional wound, it is an imbalanced place where we're not in alignment with our core-soul.

To overcome the rejection we shall discover that it is only a mental illusion, something that ultimately does not exist, because the spirit/soul is pure Love, and it's always been Love, so rejection does not really exist.

Shinsoo
27-10-2015, 12:56 AM
hahahaha! the title of this thread has made me chuckle, unexpectedly.

Spiritual patient: "Hey doctor i don't feel well"....

Spiritual doctor: "After looking at these results, unfortunately it looks like your soul is rejecting you hahaha".

I mean come on, we have a hard enough time down here! without our soul rejecting us.

LOL! :D

Ikr? On the good side though, maybe I should make it clearer. I'm very much convinced that no one's soul utterly rejects their incarnation. The soul simply -tries- to make the incarnation go away until the soul gets used to the particular incarnation. :) Thanks for dropping by~

Shinsoo
27-10-2015, 12:59 AM
If you've had the same soul since the beginning, then wouldn't her past lives be your past lives and you're just in a war with yourself? Or are you thinking of the soul as having many extensions of different people, who had their own lives which are affecting you?

I think that's how I'm seeing it. Soul is a cumulation of my so called 'best aspects' she's gleaned from previous incarnations. Many of which however, are outdated.

So yes, I guess in a sense, my current personality, which is quite different from her other ones, is clashing with those prior, aka: Soul herself.

Shinsoo
27-10-2015, 01:02 AM
The soul is rejecting you? Who is "You" in this case? Is this You the ego? Is this You the personality? Is this You the physical body?

Let's focus on the rejection and what it is, ultimately rejection is lack of love to ourselves, we could say it is an emotional wound, it is an imbalanced place where we're not in alignment with our core-soul.

To overcome the rejection we shall discover that it is only a mental illusion, something that ultimately does not exist, because the spirit/soul is pure Love, and it's always been Love, so rejection does not really exist.

For a while, I felt she was. But my guide made it abundantly clear upon first telling me about it, that no soul ever rejected it's incarnation. I suppose I should fix that in the topic!

"Could your soul be trying to reject you?"

Gem
27-10-2015, 01:22 AM
I think they are the relevant questions.

Ok in the sense of self rejection, I agree, so that basically means one part of self rejects another part of self - like a split self.

I think rejection exists as something that people experience, and people also experience re-integration of the 'split self' (my term). It is of course psychological and I think we intuitively know that the split self is parts of a whole. I agree that the fundamental nature of self is experienced as the purity of love.

Mostly for this thread I would say the relevant questions are outlined in your first paragraph above, and better to clearly identify what in fact is being rejected.