PDA

View Full Version : Masculine energy & masculine man

umbridge
23-10-2015, 10:22 PM
I have no idea

Lorelyen
24-10-2015, 08:50 AM
Nor me. Men and women both have an amount of testosterone and oestrogen, the balance of which changes throughout their lives. There was a report ages ago from Maudsley hospital in the UK sexing people according to their hormone content. They concluded there'd be some gender adjustment.

In Qabalah, there's a curious ambiguity that needs some pondering. The right-hand pillar is masculine (and contains Venus and things normally associated with the feminine, such as fertility and motherhood) whereas the left pillar is feminine and embodies Mars and corresponding masculine traits. It all comes out in balance in the end. The old traditions have it sized up all right.

Timeless
25-10-2015, 01:23 AM
I think the problem in modern society is distinguishing masculine energy from masculine ideals. Man will have the masculine energy, along with some feminine energy. But there will always be different interpretations of the energy...if you know what I mean.

umbridge
25-10-2015, 09:25 AM
Balance indeed is needed - balance between masculine and feminine energy

Jom
25-10-2015, 11:38 AM
If I didn't shave my face I'd be a beast.

Mr Interesting
25-10-2015, 06:52 PM
I kinda gave up on there being masculine and feminine as energies a long time ago though very occasionally they can be a kind of metaphor to engage with ideas but apart from the procreation of children, therefore limiting it to biological physical differences (but only on the macro scale), I don't see any point whatsoever in defining difference at any level of our being.

So, as regards outward appearance, we might be males and dress alike other males but it's not to define oneself so much as it might be to not draw attention.

I mean, I was watching a video about flea markets throughout the united states and on that was this guy who made kilts and I might start wearing them as I've already been wearing what might be defined as womens heavier stockings, which became leggings as more men wear them, for almost a decade underneath heavy shorts and with me it's all about ease of movement combined with staying warm so the next logical step is a kilt.

But I go way back with this and learned how to sew with a machine at 15 or so and years later I wondered how a particular machine being used could possibly define what gender we might be... it was just so silly to let ideas more widespread outside of me define what I was, and interestingly enough when I finally learnt how to weld with metals I was way ahead of all the other boys because I'd been welding materials, as in fabric, for years.

Whatever you are you are and whatever you might will to be you will be. Take care that those choices are about you and not what you expect society wants of you to strengthen it's own mad or weird inconsistencies.