PDA

View Full Version : Inertia

naturesflow
22-10-2015, 10:44 PM

a tendency to do nothing or to remain unchanged.

Physics
a property of matter by which it continues in its existing state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line, unless that state is changed by an external force.

thanks google.

When you read this word or hear it what does it mean to you?

Mr Interesting
22-10-2015, 10:58 PM
I've been into inertia for ages and it's really the amount of energy stored in something which tends to power it, even after outside or the internally understood power is taken away... but it still keeps rolling along. As in the inertia of a car coasting where the engine is stopped and the mass as a reciprocal of resistance, wheel bearings, tire pressures and grip and moving through an atmosphere etc all add up to the coasting which is the storage of inertia powering down.

I apply it to all kinds of things and find it essential to understanding the ability to change.

naturesflow
22-10-2015, 11:01 PM
Thanks Mr I.

I found this, I like this guy..:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHS4UYRbyF0

naturesflow
23-10-2015, 12:42 AM
I've been into inertia for ages and it's really the amount of energy stored in something which tends to power it, even after outside or the internally understood power is taken away... but it still keeps rolling along. As in the inertia of a car coasting where the engine is stopped and the mass as a reciprocal of resistance, wheel bearings, tire pressures and grip and moving through an atmosphere etc all add up to the coasting which is the storage of inertia powering down.

I apply it to all kinds of things and find it essential to understanding the ability to change.

I was relating this about being it, rather than applying it to things?

As I read your words, I was thinking, less becomes more principle in the way I am relating to this. That regardless of the outside movement and what it is being and doing of itself, your movements are still moving, even as the external stops..Meaning as the train comes to a halt and if I am a passenger on this train, I feel the movement of the train come to a standing point, I feel myself move with that change, yet aren't I still moving even as I might perceive the external has stopped? Even as I might feel a change of movement with the external coming to an end, in my body as sensation/feeling, aren't I still moving? And the train as well? Even if its not in the nature of what is real to the human eye and knowing? If I am moving isn't all life moving even if it appears not to be?

Does that make sense?

Mr Interesting
23-10-2015, 04:03 AM
Does it make sense? Sort of. I do use scientific terms but only as a reference as they are reasonably well understood and so they can be used as the reference to relate ideas seemingly outside scientifically measurable phenomena.

What I feel you might be trying to describe might be super conductivity which is that at absolute zero degrees all movement of atoms ceases and electrical signals move almost without moving and are instantaneous... which in another sense is both inertia-less or non- inertia which is similar to anti-gravity or without gravity... but alll this kinda stuff is in the vein of speculation because the scientists have never actually been able to get anything that frozen, as it were, but have gotten close enough to see some of the effects of a possibility of super conduction whereas metaphysically It's, I suppose a type of masslessness, without mass which could be descriptive of physicality no longer creating the inertia it does.

Inert is best described by glass which doesn't react with most chemicals. But Inertia could be described as impurities in glass that will keep reacting with chemicals until such time as the impurities lose the reactivity therefore inertia is a measure of reactivity until whatever is reactionless at which time there is no inertia left... it is inert.

To my way of thinking it's like you're trying to describe the experience where even though lot's might be happening there is the calm centre while also when everything is still in physical sense there is still the same amount of energy flowing... trouble is science hasn't gotten into that kinda stuff, they're still trying to make dark matter fit and in doing so have come up with dark energy... way off the mark.

naturesflow
23-10-2015, 04:34 AM
Does it make sense? Sort of. I do use scientific terms but only as a reference as they are reasonably well understood and so they can be used as the reference to relate ideas seemingly outside scientifically measurable phenomena.

I don't normally relate scientific ideas in myself but this came to me today as a word, out of the blue, then of course I started pondering it in relation to my myself and what it might relate too.

What I feel you might be trying to describe might be super conductivity which is that at absolute zero degrees all movement of atoms ceases and electrical signals move almost without moving and are instantaneous... which in another sense is both inertia-less or non- inertia which is similar to anti-gravity or without gravity... but alll this kinda stuff is in the vein of speculation because the scientists have never actually been able to get anything that frozen, as it were, but have gotten close enough to see some of the effects of a possibility of super conduction whereas metaphysically It's, I suppose a type of masslessness, without mass which could be descriptive of physicality no longer creating the inertia it does.

Ok something is moving in me now and relating through what you have just shared here..

Inert is best described by glass which doesn't react with most chemicals. But Inertia could be described as impurities in glass that will keep reacting with chemicals until such time as the impurities lose the reactivity therefore inertia is a measure of reactivity until whatever is reactionless at which time there is no inertia left... it is inert.

ah yes now I see. thankyou.

To my way of thinking it's like you're trying to describe the experience where even though lot's might be happening there is the calm centre while also when everything is still in physical sense there is still the same amount of energy flowing... trouble is science hasn't gotten into that kinda stuff, they're still trying to make dark matter fit and in doing so have come up with dark energy... way off the mark.

yes that fits and I can relate to this.. But it feels like there is more to this in me that cant quite make the connection fully yet..

naturesflow
23-10-2015, 04:35 AM
What was flowing through me as I read your words Mr I was the doing and non doing and quantum physics as a one source in that connection. I have no idea what this means even so?

blackraven
23-10-2015, 07:19 PM

Physics
a property of matter by which it continues in its existing state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line, unless that state is changed by an external force.

thanks google.

naturesflow - Inertia in the spiritual sense to me means letting all of life experiences mold one, with walls of the mold made up of defenses and protective devices. Then one gets stuck inside that mold and never breaks out of it regardless to the tugging and calling to do so.

Mr Interesting
23-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Just now I came across a small video of two teens who were given a sony walkman and some tape cassettes and were asked to bring the two together so music would happen.

And it took a few minutes but the young adults eventually got the cassettes into the players and as soon as they achieved this they were in their element because it was button pushing time and this they understood as the way to achieve.

To me then there is an underlying inertia built into how we conceptualise the world which passes from Adult to children even whilst the actual mechanics of achieving changes. The overlay is that we see progress but underneath is the inertia of us not really changing at all as the adults who might question the changing relationship of tools acquired to problem solve they themselves do not question at all that they too approached problem solving in exactly the same way so, in fact, in the conceptualisation of what the world is there is absolutely no progress at all.

So I quite liked what the fellow in the link was saying earlier because he was saying 'hey people, you create your world by how you experience your actions' which in and of itself is no great exception to any of the laid down rules except that the result of that said as an action is to eventually have people realise that even if creation and actions and results are removed that there is still experience in and of itself.

naturesflow
23-10-2015, 09:54 PM
naturesflow - Inertia in the spiritual sense to me means letting all of life experiences mold one, with walls of the mold made up of defenses and protective devices. Then one gets stuck inside that mold and never breaks out of it regardless to the tugging and calling to do so.

BR. thankyou. I am reading this and cant quite put my finger on the meaning your relating, well not fully. Is there a way for you to convey this to me in another way? Thankyou, I am asking because I feel what your saying is very valid, so I just wanted to understand more so.

naturesflow
23-10-2015, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=Mr Interesting]Just now I came across a small video of two teens who were given a sony walkman and some tape cassettes and were asked to bring the two together so music would happen.

And it took a few minutes but the young adults eventually got the cassettes into the players and as soon as they achieved this they were in their element because it was button pushing time and this they understood as the way to achieve.

To me then there is an underlying inertia built into how we conceptualise the world which passes from Adult to children even whilst the actual mechanics of achieving changes. The overlay is that we see progress but underneath is the inertia of us not really changing at all as the adults who might question the changing relationship of tools acquired to problem solve they themselves do not question at all that they too approached problem solving in exactly the same way so, in fact, in the conceptualisation of what the world is there is absolutely no progress at all.

So I quite liked what the fellow in the link was saying earlier because he was saying 'hey people, you create your world by how you experience your actions' which in and of itself is no great exception to any of the laid down rules except that the result of that said as an action is to eventually have people realise that even if creation and actions and results are removed that there is still experience in and of itself.

Ok that last bit makes sense to what I am trying to see and reach in understanding in myself, especially this part- there is still experience in and of itself.

Lorelyen
23-10-2015, 10:09 PM
Hi, naturesflow.... (ha! It's me again).

It usually means lassitude to me. Not having the energy to change whatever one's doing. It's easier to go on doing whatever it is until some external force instigates a change.

I don't think of it in spiritual terms though I think some of the pink and fluffy lot like it - follow someone's spiritual spoutings slavishly without the energy to find out things for oneself. I suppose one aspect of spiritual inertia is believing you know it all, or know enough and can learn no more but that wouldn't a "true" spirituality. Priests are like this.
I may be wrong.

:smile: Hope you have pleasant weekend!

naturesflow
23-10-2015, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=Lorelyen]Hi, naturesflow.... (ha! It's me again).

Shivers, it is too..

It usually means lassitude to me. Not having the energy to change whatever one's doing. It's easier to go on doing whatever it is until some external force instigates a change.

So this shows me that in some ways we can be grounded in experience or self, without the ability to shift and bring change, until that external movement/force arrives perhaps? That this is not about waking up, but simply waiting for support to move us forward in some way that we might otherwise not be able to move without?

I don't think of it in spiritual terms though I think some of the pink and fluffy lot like it - follow someone's spiritual spoutings slavishly without the energy to find out things for oneself. I suppose one aspect of spiritual inertia is believing you know it all, or know enough and can learn no more but that wouldn't a "true" spirituality. Priests are like this.
I may be wrong.

Ok you just took me to your niggle space..so I am not going there..haha

:smile: Hope you have pleasant weekend!

I am having a pleasant one so far..I have my first aid to study this weekend before class on Monday so that's a bug bear, but a necessary one..:rolleyes:

Don't drown in coffee, while enjoying yours.. ok?

Speaking of coffee, I am now off to have one with my h at the café..see you x

Deepsoul
23-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Just had a massive inertia type thingy and come out the otherside with more insight ,more courage and more faith Amen...Fully had to turn to self love actually it was after a big self sacrifice, it sorta balanced it out, Balance and Moderation my new friends...:) And Oh Yes I was totally outa control.....

naturesflow
24-10-2015, 12:56 AM
Just had a massive inertia type thingy and come out the otherside with more insight ,more courage and more faith Amen...Fully had to turn to self love actually it was after a big self sacrifice, it sorta balanced it out, Balance and Moderation my new friends...:) And Oh Yes I was totally outa control.....

So what was this inertia type thingy Deepsoul?
How do you relate your experience and inertia as such. I cant see what it actually is for you in the correlation your seeing?

What you describing here seems more around letting go and letting in for you own balance and moderation ?

And outa control, what do you mean by this? That you had no control over it? Or it felt out of control in you?

Deepsoul
24-10-2015, 02:14 AM
I guess I was stuck with a few different frames of mind, and the processes that unraveled them seemed out of my control.

Lorelyen
24-10-2015, 08:21 AM
So this shows me that in some ways we can be grounded in experience or self, without the ability to shift and bring change, until that external movement/force arrives perhaps? That this is not about waking up, but simply waiting for support to move us forward in some way that we might otherwise not be able to move without?

That about sizes it up.

Ok you just took me to your niggle space..so I am not going there..hahaOh no-o-oh!! It's perfectly safe, except there aren't the sunbeams slanting through the foliage dappling the lane.

What's wrong with an inertial priest? One is tempted to start a new religion. Let's call it Inertianity. It's fundamental is "if you do nothing, you can do nothing wrong." Sounds good to me.

I am having a pleasant one so far..I have my first aid to study this weekend before class on Monday so that's a bug bear, but a necessary one..:rolleyes:

Don't drown in coffee, while enjoying yours.. ok?

Speaking of coffee, I am now off to have one with my h at the café..see you x
Bests with the first aid, then. (We should all have that kind of training. At the moment I'd only be good for second aid, like shouting "Help!" and things. Lemon aid is nice on those hot summer afternoons too.) And hope you and hubby enjoyed the coffee!

à tout à l’heure....

blackraven
24-10-2015, 06:07 PM
BR. thankyou. I am reading this and cant quite put my finger on the meaning your relating, well not fully. Is there a way for you to convey this to me in another way? Thankyou, I am asking because I feel what your saying is very valid, so I just wanted to understand more so.

What I mean is that with inertia one often let’s past life experiences define who he/she is. In actuality that is not who one is, but the mold to me is when a person chooses to remain narrowly defined by experiences and stays stagnant. That stagnation remains in tact even though outside forces are calling upon one to change and grow.

I can give an example: I protected myself for over 20 years by avoiding all contact with an individual because of a past event. I held onto anger for years and because I wouldn’t forgive and forget, the baggage I carried kept me stuck in a mold made up of my defenses, anxieties, anger, etc. It wasn’t until my son told me he’d plan to invite this person to his wedding, that I had to finally break free of my protective mold I was in for years. Seeing this person at the wedding felt almost like a relief or release out of my stagnant mold. I hugged this person, made small talk, thank him for coming and have been to events post wedding where all was copasetic between us.

In looking back I could kick myself for keeping myself in my safety mode (mold). I wasted so much time not being the true person I am. I have grown in so many areas since then both spiritually and personally. Now that I’ve broken out, I would never go back and in-prison myself in inertia again. Hope I cleared things up, naturesflow. :smile:

Mr Interesting
24-10-2015, 07:21 PM
I've just arrived here now after being somewhere else on the net after having stirred up a pot of inertia and had all kinds of stuff thrown at me to deny any reliability I might have engendered as having that application of energies as valid, but I don't mind in the slightest, the hurling of karmically loaded mud; sticks and stones and all that.

But before I threw in a last enjoinder I did review what I'd written and how others came to it and eventually found being abusive a kind of gathering of the tribes to delineate me as an interloper worthy of their castigating... and saw that the setup I'd created, without realising I was doing so, was actually quite passive and patient.

It was that infamous brainpickings.org site, and I have come across it even here, and there seems to be a polarity which occurs in how people use it. On one hand, and this is the one that sits complacently with me, people don't position themselves to it so much as enjoy the questions it raises and want to share but on the other hand (and excuse my use of duality) there's a kind of chain store, upmarket of course, branding and pre-packaged intellectualism going on... it seems, whereby these adherents to the cause are decidedly all about 'look at the bright light's I stand next to' and I can't help but go into inertia busting mode. Not that I know I am at all, which always seems a saving grace (and heaven forbid that I ever actually know what I'm doing) as I really just go in looking for fun with words.

So this thing has occurred and what I kind of like in my approach often is that I'm kind of un-confrontationally confrontational in that I'm not looking to be reactive at all but merely being honest about how I think and feel and that I'm not asking anyone to react at all even whilst I kinda know they will. Theres ebbs and flows above and below and despite what words appear I feel I'm listening to the unsaid stuff alot more than to the written and appearing words.

But at the same time I'm not above reproach, this angel's wings have obviously been cut too, otherwise I wouldn't be there would I? So I'm guilty too, I carry a pebble as well to cast at the Martyr. There is no rule book though that says I can't have fun with my own guilts, that my own complexities and my tied to the chair of life narrative cannot be a source to invoke childish glee as we all play ring around the rosies to our own imprisonment.

Talk about beside the point... I've lost even myself here. It was about genius as discussed by Mr Kerouac, and all I wanted to say was busting out of ones own inertial backlag, rattling ones own dragging chains, possibly is the foremost requirement of a budding genius.

MIND POWER
24-10-2015, 09:14 PM

Physics

thanks google.

Well Newtonian physics is completely and fundamentally flawed. And one of the major reasons why life is sometimes harder than it should be for some of us. (That's just my opinion) #myhandsareup

The worlds always in motion, and so are you! so inertia does not exist! in my opinion. I mean i am stubborn (Maybe hard to move), but i know i am slowly changing! i look back at some of my earlier post and think to myself..? who on earth is this guy..?

NaturesFlow, there are allot of mysterious in life but one thing that is not a mystery is.......change. And for changes to happen, inertia cannot exist. Energy is always flowing and nature is always flowing! it never stops....

Maybe we are just going through changes.....

And i will be very honest, some changes need to happen faster. But i suppose that's the challenge...

naturesflow
24-10-2015, 09:46 PM
I guess I was stuck with a few different frames of mind, and the processes that unraveled them seemed out of my control.

But were you stuck? Again I see this becomes a perception of being stuck, not doing, not moving, yet your in process as you are anyway?

Were you simply in process of waiting for the external to unravel, just unknown at that time?

naturesflow
24-10-2015, 10:02 PM
That about sizes it up.

Glad it fits the sizing up style, I guess.

Oh no-o-oh!! It's perfectly safe, except there aren't the sunbeams slanting through the foliage dappling the lane.

Well in that case...

What's wrong with an inertial priest? One is tempted to start a new religion. Let's call it Inertianity. It's fundamental is "if you do nothing, you can do nothing wrong." Sounds good to me.

The Priesthood of Inertianity..I like that..:cool:

Step right up folks, step right this way....
A constant flow of blessings falls on you today, even when it might feel like your possessed, it is in fact, because your blessed.
I confess, you cant digress!
Simply rest~
Inertiana, I want my banana !!!

Bests with the first aid, then. (We should all have that kind of training. At the moment I'd only be good for second aid, like shouting "Help!" and things. Lemon aid is nice on those hot summer afternoons too.) And hope you and hubby enjoyed the coffee!

Looky here I am meant to be doing this first aid thingy and here chatting to you, this is ludicrous..I will blame this inertia thing and you, of course. Now where was I? That's right breakfast..

à tout à l’heure....

Are you touting me? If you are well you are, if your not then your not.:icon_eek:

Auf Wiedersehen

naturesflow
24-10-2015, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=blackraven]What I mean is that with inertia one often let’s past life experiences define who he/she is. In actuality that is not who one is, but the mold to me is when a person chooses to remain narrowly defined by experiences and stays stagnant. That stagnation remains in tact even though outside forces are calling upon one to change and grow.

Thankyou for further clarification.
Ok so you mean holding onto the old story BR, which sometimes even in change people will do so. Not so much as a shared story unattached, but more still attached to that story where it is playing out as them in their reality? When I look at things in this way, I kind of feel it is happening as process itself anyway? That even as I might view it as stagnation, a persons cycle, process is still happening as it is in the old way or belief. We tell and relate to story for reason, it serves us in process well I have learned this myself, till it no longer served me as such...Is it stagnate or is it being in it's own process that cannot be avoided?

I can give an example: I protected myself for over 20 years by avoiding all contact with an individual because of a past event. I held onto anger for years and because I wouldn’t forgive and forget, the baggage I carried kept me stuck in a mold made up of my defenses, anxieties, anger, etc. It wasn’t until my son told me he’d plan to invite this person to his wedding, that I had to finally break free of my protective mold I was in for years. Seeing this person at the wedding felt almost like a relief or release out of my stagnant mold. I hugged this person, made small talk, thank him for coming and have been to events post wedding where all was copasetic between us.

Perhaps that in process was just how it was meant to be BR. For you to become more aware of yourself and what you were in process building/awakening within, all that was you in process, unravelling itself? The moment of inviting in and meeting being the point of process that brought the whole together in this way? So do you see things might occur in the readiness of those things in process? Well it feels and seems that way to me..

In looking back I could kick myself for keeping myself in my safety mode (mold). I wasted so much time not being the true person I am. I have grown in so many areas since then both spiritually and personally. Now that I’ve broken out, I would never go back and in-prison myself in inertia again. Hope I cleared things up, naturesflow. :smile:

But did you waste time? It all serves you to be aware of yourself as one whole host of being doesn't it? Wihtout any of that how could you know yourself in those reflections? We cannot untangle ourselves unless we find ways to do so..in the many ways we do.

Perhaps in reading your words, in the realization we have so many choices after the fact, that is when we begin to realize we could do things differently, but could we? You are unique to everything that played out for you, so process becomes part of that process...

Thankyou yes it does make it more clear..

naturesflow
24-10-2015, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE=Mr Interesting]I've just arrived here now after being somewhere else on the net after having stirred up a pot of inertia and had all kinds of stuff thrown at me to deny any reliability I might have engendered as having that application of energies as valid, but I don't mind in the slightest, the hurling of karmically loaded mud; sticks and stones and all that.

So people were trying to prove you wrong in some way of their seeing? People can do that I suppose, if they cant see the how and why's of what your saying. Glad you didn't mind.

But before I threw in a last enjoinder I did review what I'd written and how others came to it and eventually found being abusive a kind of gathering of the tribes to delineate me as an interloper worthy of their castigating... and saw that the setup I'd created, without realising I was doing so, was actually quite passive and patient.

Most often in group gatherings and dynamics you often find you have the "siders" and the "outsiders"...merge them both within self is how I grow through that one..

It was that infamous brainpickings.org site, and I have come across it even here, and there seems to be a polarity which occurs in how people use it. On one hand, and this is the one that sits complacently with me, people don't position themselves to it so much as enjoy the questions it raises and want to share but on the other hand (and excuse my use of duality) there's a kind of chain store, upmarket of course, branding and pre-packaged intellectualism going on... it seems, whereby these adherents to the cause are decidedly all about 'look at the bright light's I stand next to' and I can't help but go into inertia busting mode. Not that I know I am at all, which always seems a saving grace (and heaven forbid that I ever actually know what I'm doing) as I really just go in looking for fun with words.

Well if its brain talk you get brainy behaviour I suppose..:wink: A fb page I am admin on and share with other creative mindful people, bought up a post about this very thing. It was a quote and they were looking to explore this with others on the page..“Some people think only intellect counts: knowing how to solve problems, knowing how to get by, knowing how to identify an advantage and seize it. But the functions of intellect are insufficient without courage, love, friendship, compassion, and empathy.”
― Dean Koontz
I was the only one that responded by the way. I didn't say too much, just something general that balance is always a good thing..

So this thing has occurred and what I kind of like in my approach often is that I'm kind of un-confrontationally confrontational in that I'm not looking to be reactive at all but merely being honest about how I think and feel and that I'm not asking anyone to react at all even whilst I kinda know they will. Theres ebbs and flows above and below and despite what words appear I feel I'm listening to the unsaid stuff alot more than to the written and appearing words.

Its the nature of life and inviting in where you are and where you reflect yourself as yourself...The one thing I notice about this fb is that there no conflict over there. People are willing explorers, (but all very different natures) so everything offers anyone something even as it might not suit or be known in that way to another. It seems I have landed upon a place that is actually willing to look beyond themselves in this way, people are generally most interested to explore. The other thing I notice about this page is that it's not that active, its actually mostly very quiet. I imagine that most are living life more fully outside of this group. When its active, its fun, when its quiet people are probably having fun in real life, exploring there too.:wink:

But at the same time I'm not above reproach, this angel's wings have obviously been cut too, otherwise I wouldn't be there would I? So I'm guilty too, I carry a pebble as well to cast at the Martyr. There is no rule book though that says I can't have fun with my own guilts, that my own complexities and my tied to the chair of life narrative cannot be a source to invoke childish glee as we all play ring around the rosies to our own imprisonment.

We play where we play I suppose. We land places and share, receive what we need and move on, or stay depending on how it evolves with us I imagine...

Talk about beside the point... I've lost even myself here. It was about genius as discussed by Mr Kerouac, and all I wanted to say was busting out of ones own inertial backlag, rattling ones own dragging chains, possibly is the foremost requirement of a budding genius.

I didn't notice at all that you were speaking beside the point, didn't occur to me in my thoughts all the while reading here.

When you shake rattle and roll others often it is about yourself in some form of you being you. But that's life and without each other we would be able to write half as much as we often do without all those stories to tell..:wink:

naturesflow
24-10-2015, 10:59 PM
Well Newtonian physics is completely and fundamentally flawed. And one of the major reasons why life is sometimes harder than it should be for some of us. (That's just my opinion) #myhandsareup

I can see why you would see this.

[QUOTE]The worlds always in motion, and so are you! so inertia does not exist! in my opinion. I mean i am stubborn (Maybe hard to move), but i know i am slowly changing! i look back at some of my earlier post and think to myself..? who on earth is this guy..?[/[/QUOTE[

What if we related more as grounding, holding strong of itself in movement that is occurring all around itself as one with itself, yet in that movement you are the whole in flow, no separation?

NaturesFlow, there are allot of mysterious in life but one thing that is not a mystery is.......change. And for changes to happen, inertia cannot exist. Energy is always flowing and nature is always flowing! it never stops....

Well it would depend on where your looking I suppose. To allow inertia to exist as a whole host of non movement and movement then one could say. If you look there at just that in that way, yes it does, but if you look here at all this in this way it might not..So in fact it might all exist as it is seen until it is shown or seen otherwise? The mystery is being revealed of itself as the mystery through the unknown always as I see it?

Maybe we are just going through changes.....

Are we changing? Are we moving? Are we anything? :rolleyes:

And i will be very honest, some changes need to happen faster. But i suppose that's the challenge...

Do they? or does the natural world hold its own order that we deem is out of order of itself depending on where we look into it from? What I deem as in need of change and chaos that appears to need order may simply be about me because I see it? But not everyone can see like me or you?
What is real? what is not real?
It seems real, it all seems very real. But is it? It is and it isn't?

I don't know, this mystery of life continues to play out even as I question things with no right or wrong answers, just questions.

Lorelyen
25-10-2015, 02:38 AM

Glad it fits the sizing up style, I guess.

The Priesthood of Inertianity..I like that..:cool:

Step right up folks, step right this way....
A constant flow of blessings falls on you today, even when it might feel like your possessed, it is in fact, because your blessed.
I confess, you cant digress!
Simply rest~
Inertiana, I want my banana !!!

Nice pitch!

I'd happily share my bananas but hurling one in your direction is a bit dodgy - they're shaped a bit like a boomerang and it might return to splatter me in the face. So I shall magic one of my cruise bananas (they always reach their target) to your nearest bananaria ready for you to pick up at a time suitable to yourself.

Looky here I am meant to be doing this first aid thingy and here chatting to you, this is ludicrous..I will blame this inertia thing and you, of course. Now where was I? That's right breakfast..
So good to hear. They say it isn't good to do first aid on an empty tummy!

Are you touting me? If you are well you are, if your not then your not.:icon_eek:

Auf Wiedersehen

Oh dear...then....well, it's 3.30am here and I just can't get to sleep so may I therefore wish you bonne nuit? Ciao?

:wink:

Gem
25-10-2015, 10:34 AM
Inertia is where no force is acting on mass, which doesn't 'actually' happen, because gravity is continually accelerating everything, but we can just say an object is inert because acceleration is a constant, and not relative. (Insert spiritual nonsense here ..............................................).

MIND POWER
25-10-2015, 01:56 PM
I can see why you would see this.

[QUOTE]

What if we related more as grounding, holding strong of itself in movement that is occurring all around itself as one with itself, yet in that movement you are the whole in flow, no separation?

Well it would depend on where your looking I suppose. To allow inertia to exist as a whole host of non movement and movement then one could say. If you look there at just that in that way, yes it does, but if you look here at all this in this way it might not..So in fact it might all exist as it is seen until it is shown or seen otherwise? The mystery is being revealed of itself as the mystery through the unknown always as I see it?

Are we changing? Are we moving? Are we anything? :rolleyes:

Do they? or does the natural world hold its own order that we deem is out of order of itself depending on where we look into it from? What I deem as in need of change and chaos that appears to need order may simply be about me because I see it? But not everyone can see like me or you?
What is real? what is not real?
It seems real, it all seems very real. But is it? It is and it isn't?

I don't know, this mystery of life continues to play out even as I question things with no right or wrong answers, just questions.

I knew you was going to play around with my post like this, you have quite a skill for this....

But i would say that there is more evidence to say that MY statement that (Change) being the only consistent thing in life! was probably the best most astute thing i stated. In every moment there is a change, otherwise it would not be another moment.

Also the grounding suggestion, did make me think abit! of a merry go around, the way there is that post in the middle just staying grounded while everything else spins around it. It's almost as if we could be mixture stars, in our own separate universes! like maybe another part of us, is some giants star somewhere just floating about! projecting apart of itself onto earth in this form now.

Deep stuff......

naturesflow
25-10-2015, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=naturesflow]I can see why you would see this.

[QUOTE]

I knew you was going to play around with my post like this, you have quite a skill for this....

My intention in this way is to understand more thoroughly what your sharing, if I break it down its easier for me to build a more reflective awareness.

But i would say that there is more evidence to say that MY statement that (Change) being the only consistent thing in life! was probably the best most astute thing i stated. In every moment there is a change, otherwise it would not be another moment.

What if your perception of moments is just where your trapped in time itself? And consistency is just awareness of you doing and being, in consistency and repetition? The other moment you see is just you being and doing something in your world?

Also the grounding suggestion, did make me think abit! of a merry go around, the way there is that post in the middle just staying grounded while everything else spins around it. It's almost as if we could be mixture stars, in our own separate universes! like maybe another part of us, is some giants star somewhere just floating about! projecting apart of itself onto earth in this form now.

Well we can imagine we are anything or everything really.. So when you spin this at me, I look into all this your seeing, and think, isnt everything within?

Deep stuff

Depth in any form or way can be reached.
Within..

naturesflow
25-10-2015, 09:55 PM
Inertia is where no force is acting on mass, which doesn't 'actually' happen, because gravity is continually accelerating everything, but we can just say an object is inert because acceleration is a constant, and not relative. (Insert spiritual nonsense here ..............................................).

Ok
(insert spiritual nonsense here.............................Blah blah blah.............................................. ....)

blackraven
25-10-2015, 10:50 PM
[quote]

Thankyou for further clarification.
Ok so you mean holding onto the old story BR, which sometimes even in change people will do so. Not so much as a shared story unattached, but more still attached to that story where it is playing out as them in their reality? When I look at things in this way, I kind of feel it is happening as process itself anyway? That even as I might view it as stagnation, a persons cycle, process is still happening as it is in the old way or belief. We tell and relate to story for reason, it serves us in process well I have learned this myself, till it no longer served me as such...Is it stagnate or is it being in it's own process that cannot be avoided?

Perhaps that in process was just how it was meant to be BR. For you to become more aware of yourself and what you were in process building/awakening within, all that was you in process, unravelling itself? The moment of inviting in and meeting being the point of process that brought the whole together in this way? So do you see things might occur in the readiness of those things in process? Well it feels and seems that way to me..

But did you waste time? It all serves you to be aware of yourself as one whole host of being doesn't it? Wihtout any of that how could you know yourself in those reflections? We cannot untangle ourselves unless we find ways to do so..in the many ways we do.

Perhaps in reading your words, in the realization we have so many choices after the fact, that is when we begin to realize we could do things differently, but could we? You are unique to everything that played out for you, so process becomes part of that process...

Thankyou yes it does make it more clear..

The cycle of life and process one finds him/herself always in makes sense to me. Even within what I labeled stagnation or inertia, was actually my existing within a process unique to me as you have pointed out and opened up my view of a series of years. Even the avoidance itself took effort on my part, as unnecessary or necessary has it was. Now I'm circling back around and find inertia seems impossible as Gem pointed out. Thanks naturesflow.

naturesflow
25-10-2015, 11:19 PM
[quote=naturesflow]

The cycle of life and process one finds him/herself always in makes sense to me. Even within what I labeled stagnation or inertia, was actually my existing within a process unique to me as you have pointed out and opened up my view of a series of years. Even the avoidance itself took effort on my part, as unnecessary or necessary has it was. Now I'm circling back around and find inertia seems impossible as Gem pointed out. Thanks naturesflow.

I suppose BR when we let go of all ideas as to why thing happen, how and when and which way it happens, we can see that life is being itself in process of itself and the choices of itself. From my own experience, I can see that everything served me in some form of what I am now through that process. The letting go, the awareness, the deepening in myself in so many ways of it all. Was it all necessary? Could I have done it differently? I am not sure? In some ways we become our own mystery, and as that mystery reveals itself, you can wonder, you can know it can be otherwise, but would it have been? Or is this how it is meant to be?This opens me to wonder about the greater mystery, that in some ways feels to me that nothing can be avoided. Everything created by the world has a creative order of process playing out as itself that will play out. It is such a complex and diverse process, that even as we might see the simplicity of it all and how it might and could have been, the complexity serves us in some way of this life that we might otherwise not be able to co exist for us to know what we know and don't know.

blackraven
26-10-2015, 12:03 PM
[quote=blackraven]Everything created by the world has a creative order of process playing out as itself that will play out. It is such a complex and diverse process, that even as we might see the simplicity of it all and how it might and could have been, the complexity serves us in some way of this life that we might otherwise not be able to co exist for us to know what we know and don't know.

naturesflow - I agree with processes being complex, for even in what I thought was a state of being stuck and unwilling to budge, it served a purpose for myself that I've come to understand better or accept. I've come to believe things are always in motion and even if in my intellectual mind it didn't feel that way, the world and my smaller world continues in mysterious ways. Figuring out that mystery is sometimes more complicated than is needed if life cycle is accepted for what it is, an ever changing process. Whether a process serves one well or not so well is irrelevant in the wider scope of things - life. Thanks NF.

Jyotir
26-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Hi naturesflow,

Inertia is Tamas (inaction).

In the physical, change is the 'only' constant.

Therefore inertia often represents a contrary or resistant 'force'.

This is especially so in spiritual life where the presumed means, or goal,
is a confluence with the dynamic truth consciousness (God's Will).

~ J

Gem
26-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Hi naturesflow,

Exactly.

That contradicts your first statement.

~ J

Assuming God is willful.

Jyotir
26-10-2015, 02:41 PM
Assuming God is willful.

That contradicts your second statement.

Gem
26-10-2015, 04:12 PM
That contradicts your second statement.

I made no contradictory statements.

Lorelyen
26-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Ahhh, the very essence of inertia.

The second tenet of Inertianity, the greatest new religion since Sliced Breadianity is: when you're in a hole, don't dig yourself deeper.

:smile:

Gem
26-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Ahhh, the very essence of inertia.

The second tenet of Inertianity, the greatest new religion since Sliced Breadianity is: when you're in a hole, don't dig yourself deeper.

:smile:

What are you talking about?

7luminaries
26-10-2015, 06:55 PM
Hi naturesflow,

~ J

Makes sense :)
Now if only change is assumed as given [i.e., as the context of "reality" that allows for confluence or alignment]...

...then inertia represents our opposition toward alignment and toward the process of realizing alignment (i.e., our obscured sight, or our denial, or, our general obstructions and misdirections to which we subject ourselves...etc.).

So the next question for me then is, how likely and how frequently can I (inertia) be greater than C to the A (confluence, alignment)?

And given I is greater than C**A, then how and in what fashion must C to the A subsequently be increased in order to transcend I and redirect the individual on his or her spiritual journey?

Because it seems to me the issue of spiritual inertia (that is, obstruction, misdirection and stagnation) is a huge issue spiritually for the modern era in particular...as we were so often forged in the crucible of survival and hardship in other times and places.

Peace & blessings :hug3:
7L

Lucyan28
26-10-2015, 07:04 PM
Hi Natures,

Well, inertia it is one of the universal laws. I prefer the friction law, because of some personal affinities :smile:

PS: Sorry for my irrelevant post :D let me read the 4 previous pages and see if I can think of something useful :sad2:

MIND POWER
26-10-2015, 07:14 PM
Hi Natures,

Well, inertia it is one of the universal laws. I prefer the friction law, because of some personal affinities :smile:

PS: Sorry for my irrelevant post :D let me read the 4 previous pages and see if I can think of something useful :sad2:

No..

Inertia is not a universal law, Newtonian physics for the most part is completely and utterly wrong.

I just needed to make this point. Far too many people keep on holding on to Newtonian physics, as some sort of religion.

The Newtonian mind set, is a limiting mindset.....and its something progressively that maybe we have to snap out of.

Lucyan28
26-10-2015, 07:54 PM
No..

Inertia is not a universal law, Newtonian physics for the most part is completely and utterly wrong.

I just needed to make this point. Far too many people keep on holding on to Newtonian physics, as some sort of religion.

Hi MP, I got your point :hug2:

I'm thinking if Destiny is somehow linked with Inertia. You know one object is destined to go to another point, for example a great star some day will be eaten by a great dark hole. The "inertia" will work with the change/transformation law and the star will be consumed by the dark hole.

So there are: force/change/transformation/deconstruction/construction/inertia in a constant flow, I wonder why there is such complex process in the first place :D

I don't know if those phenomena are laws, but they happen (at least in our 3d context)

Anyway this thread was hard to read, every post has been hard to understand :redface:

But going back to the Inertia, I can link the karma energy with the inertia thing, does it make sense?

MIND POWER
26-10-2015, 08:38 PM

I'm thinking if Destiny is somehow linked with Inertia. You know one object is destined to go to another point, for example a great star some day will be eaten by a great dark hole. The "inertia" will work with the change/transformation law and the star will be consumed by the dark hole.

So there are: force/change/transformation/deconstruction/construction/inertia in a constant flow, I wonder why there is such complex process in the first place :D

I don't know if those phenomena are laws, but they happen (at least in our 3d context)

Anyway this thread was hard to read, every post has been hard to understand :redface:

But going back to the Inertia, I can link the karma energy with the inertia thing, does it make sense?

The idea of these threads, i guess are to get people to creatively think. And just throw stuff out there, i guess its like freestyle dancing. So i don't think you need to fully understand what is going on all the time...

But the important thing is that it gets YOU to think creatively. Which now you have in your second post! that's good.

Going back to inertia again, its not real. This physical realm, does not dictate reality! and its not the fundamental level of existence. And this is why Newtonian physics is flawed, and just a bunch of theories to trap our minds. We may think inertia happens, but it could be something totally different when our perception shifts to a more boarder view.

How inertia appears, in this 3 dimensional world is a bi-product of something which is happening on a deeper level! which you have now spoken about slightly in your post.

Hopefully natures flow will have one of her plays with you on this one...:smile:

naturesflow
26-10-2015, 10:08 PM

I like this very much, I have no reason to play with this view, Mindpower, it's a stand alone one, that I am letting stand alone.

naturesflow
26-10-2015, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=MIND POWER]The idea of these threads, i guess are to get people to creatively think. And just throw stuff out there, i guess its like freestyle dancing. So i don't think you need to fully understand what is going on all the time...

Creative thinking now your on it. The world is as we think it is. So why not think for yourself rather then let others think and you borrow their thinking. You know, their is possibly a scientist in us all somewhere that has ideas that just might create a new vision/view..ay?

But the important thing is that it gets YOU to think creatively. Which now you have in your second post! that's good.

It''s good you think its good..

Going back to inertia again, its not real. This physical realm, does not dictate reality! and its not the fundamental level of existence. And this is why Newtonian physics is flawed, and just a bunch of theories to trap our minds. We may think inertia happens, but it could be something totally different when our perception shifts to a more boarder view.

What is real even in what your sharing? Is that a little dictating I sense in your post? Don't get trapped by trappings Mindpower..Anything is possible and happening as we perceive it to be happening. Differences with an open mind in everyway actually support the whole so the more you embrace these views that are to you a bunch of theories, without the trappings, it can support the greater broader view in yourself..
How inertia appears, in this 3 dimensional world is a bi-product of something which is happening on a deeper level! which you have now spoken about slightly in your post.

now ya talking..

Hopefully natures flow will have one of her plays with you on this one...:smile:

Aren't you funny..:tongue:

Stop hoping on me...

Gem
27-10-2015, 12:47 AM
No..

[quote]Newtonian physics for the most part is completely and utterly wrong.

Why ?

The Newtonian mind set, is a limiting mindset.....and its something progressively that maybe we have to snap out of.

Gem
27-10-2015, 01:06 AM
The idea of these threads, i guess are to get people to creatively think. And just throw stuff out there, i guess its like freestyle dancing. So i don't think you need to fully understand what is going on all the time...

Inertia is assumed.

blackraven
27-10-2015, 12:23 PM
[quote]The world is as we think it is. So why not think for yourself rather then let others think and you borrow their thinking. You know, their is possibly a scientist in us all somewhere that has ideas that just might create a new vision/view..ay?

NF - I think when we can change our way of viewing something after effectively listening to others and finding what they say to be valid for oneself, that can be a good thing because it can lead to growth. People learn by reading other people's books, listening to lectures by others, interacting with people in daily life and through trial and error, to name a few. Children are molded by parents through their experiences with those parents and later teachers, peers, coworkers. It's only when one shuts him or herself off to knowledge that comes from sources outside of oneself that that individual is limiting self. I consider myself a sponge. I already have a preset amount of thought, feeling, knowledge, but I can always take on a little more water because I'm not saturated yet.

Jyotir
27-10-2015, 01:45 PM
...Because it seems to me the issue of spiritual inertia (that is, obstruction, misdirection and stagnation) is a huge issue spiritually for the modern era in particular...as we were so often forged in the crucible of survival and hardship in other times and places.

7L

Hi 7L,

In a way, yes, but it's not just the modern era but rather a condition of physical existence itself, which is an evolutionary scheme of which we are 'part and parcel'.

No time to provide a thoughtful response from my ‘pen’ at the present moment. So providing a resource which, if you are interested, I am going out on a limb to suggest that useful material for most of what your question indicates or implies will be found here for your consideration:

At this link ( http://www.sriaurobindoashram.org/ashram/sriauro/writings.php)

see (scroll down to) Vol. 28, Letters on Yoga — Vol. I ,
and in particular these pages, for text (which has been edited to present a logical progression) related to this discussion and the points you have raised.

Purusha, pg. 40
Purusha and Prakriti, pg. 41
Prakriti, pg. 43
Prakriti and Shakti or Chit-Shakti, pg. 44
Purusha, Prakriti and Action, pg.45
The Gunas or Qualities of Nature, pg. 46
Transformation of the Gunas, pg. 47
Sattwa and Liberation, pg. 48
Transformation of Rajas and Tamas, pg. 48
Transformation of Tamas into S´ama, pg. 49

Hope this reference is helpful.

~ J

MIND POWER
28-10-2015, 12:44 PM
[quote=MIND POWER]No..

Why ?

Newtonian physics, is a scientific reductionist view of the universe. Which for the most part see's everything as separated and apart. We now know this is not true, so therefore......it is completely and utterly fundamentally flawed. This is what quantum physics has unearthed, and metaphysics has been saying for 1000's of years.

Gem
29-10-2015, 01:42 AM
[quote=Gem]

Newtonian physics, is a scientific reductionist view of the universe. Which for the most part see's everything as separated and apart. We now know this is not true, so therefore......it is completely and utterly fundamentally flawed. This is what quantum physics has unearthed, and metaphysics has been saying for 1000's of years.

I don't think you'd hear many modern physicists saying Newtonian Physics is completely or utterly flawed. For the most part Newton is right because when you apply his formulas they correctly predict motion. I'm not aware of Newton's metaphysical philosophies or if he ever recorded any, and I think you may have made some unfounded assumptions about that. He was quite a religious man who demonstrated incredible insight and depth of thought. Unfortunately, there was no way of making quantum measurements in the 17th century, so of course no scientific knowledge of quanta was produced in Newton's time.

MIND POWER
29-10-2015, 12:48 PM
[quote=MIND POWER]

I don't think you'd hear many modern physicists saying Newtonian Physics is completely or utterly flawed. For the most part Newton is right because when you apply his formulas they correctly predict motion. I'm not aware of Newton's metaphysical philosophies or if he ever recorded any, and I think you may have made some unfounded assumptions about that. He was quite a religious man who demonstrated incredible insight and depth of thought. Unfortunately, there was no way of making quantum measurements in the 17th century, so of course no scientific knowledge of quanta was produced in Newton's time.

1. I don't really care whether modern physicists agree with me or not, my beliefs don't need accreditation by a scientists. I have looked at Newtonian physics, quantum physics and metaphysics! and i have come to the conclusion that Newtonian physics is completely and utterly fundamentally flawed.

Fair play newton came up with afew theories, to attempt to explain afew outcomes of affects happening on a deeper fundamental level. But Newtonian physics is like conventional medicine only dealing with symptoms, never the root cause (In fact its even worse than that).

The Newtonian mindset is a limiting mindset, and we are suffering from its effects. Its reductionist, its separation, and its linear. And these are all traits in which we have believed to be apart of human nature, and how we relate to the world and interact with our lives.

Its a massive misconception, that needs correcting! and it is being corrected.

If people want to hang onto this mindset, go ahead be my guest. I am not really going to specifically speak about this subject anymore, as i have explained enough upon it.

Gem
29-10-2015, 01:26 PM
[quote=Gem]

1. I don't really care whether modern physicists agree with me or not, my beliefs don't need accreditation by a scientists. I have looked at Newtonian physics, quantum physics and metaphysics! and i have come to the conclusion that Newtonian physics is completely and utterly fundamentally flawed.

Newton's physics works.

Fair play newton came up with afew theories, to attempt to explain afew outcomes of affects happening on a deeper fundamental level. But Newtonian physics is like conventional medicine only dealing with symptoms, never the root cause (In fact its even worse than that).

The Newtonian mindset is a limiting mindset, and we are suffering from its effects. Its reductionist, its separation, and its linear. And these are all traits in which we have believed to be apart of human nature, and how we relate to the world and interact with our lives.

Its a massive misconception, that needs correcting! and it is being corrected.

If people want to hang onto this mindset, go ahead be my guest. I am not really going to specifically speak about this subject anymore, as i have explained enough upon it.

Newton explained a lot of things, and his laws of motion are still entirely relevant today, particularly the law that describes inertia.