PDA

View Full Version : Divided Self

Timeless
20-10-2015, 04:38 AM
I have been watching many videos of UG Krishnamurti. Let's just say, he is one of the wisest people I've studied in my life. I like him because he doesn't try to add any fancy ideas or practices to his statements. He is all about getting rid of everything that divides "you from yourself". Just getting to the core of everything. He also talks a lot about thought and how you can never really be separated from it.

He stated something like "people say that they are in a thoughtless state. how could you be in a thoughtless state? what is telling you that you were in a thoughtless state?" This is just paraphrased but this is something to contemplate. He basically says that you have to stop asking the same old questions. Stop trying to achieve what cannot be achieved.

People might be turned off by UG because he is a little bit aggressive when he talked to some people. And also because of the fact that he never really embraced the ideals of "enlightenment" or "awakening". He often said "There is no way of me knowing that I am awake". In my opinion, he is more authentic than any other "teacher" I have studied.

Overall, his "goal" if he had one...was to get rid of the divided self. Many spiritual practices or ideals distract you from just being what you already are!

sky
20-10-2015, 06:28 AM
I have been watching many videos of UG Krishnamurti. Let's just say, he is one of the wisest people I've studied in my life. I like him because he doesn't try to add any fancy ideas or practices to his statements. He is all about getting rid of everything that divides "you from yourself". Just getting to the core of everything. He also talks a lot about thought and how you can never really be separated from it.

He stated something like "people say that they are in a thoughtless state. how could you be in a thoughtless state? what is telling you that you were in a thoughtless state?" This is just paraphrased but this is something to contemplate. He basically says that you have to stop asking the same old questions. Stop trying to achieve what cannot be achieved.

People might be turned off by UG because he is a little bit aggressive when he talked to some people. And also because of the fact that he never really embraced the ideals of "enlightenment" or "awakening". He often said "There is no way of me knowing that I am awake". In my opinion, he is more authentic than any other "teacher" I have studied.

Overall, his "goal" if he had one...was to get rid of the divided self. Many spiritual practices or ideals distract you from just being what you already are!

http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/krishnamurti-teachings/index.php

You might find this site interesting, he is one very wise man.

Gem
20-10-2015, 07:09 AM
Both Krishnamurtis are pretty cool.

sky
20-10-2015, 07:28 AM
Both Krishnamurtis are pretty cool.

I love UG's quote " tell them there's nothing to understand "

Timeless
20-10-2015, 10:45 PM
http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/krishnamurti-teachings/index.php

You might find this site interesting, he is one very wise man.

I am referring to UG Krishnamurti. Not to be confused with J Krishnamurti.

Timeless
20-10-2015, 10:46 PM
I love UG's quote " tell them there's nothing to understand "

Exactly! Stop asking the same questions, basically.

BurningBush
21-10-2015, 03:30 AM
I saw this video a while back and it made me believe that he had never figured out anything of significance. He appeared to be approaching his death with bitterness.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4r5Ex7_CWr8

Timeless
22-10-2015, 07:22 AM
I saw this video a while back and it made me believe that he had never figured out anything of significance. He appeared to be approaching his death with bitterness.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4r5Ex7_CWr8

I don't know if I agree with you.

If you watched him when he was younger, you'd know that he was always aggressive when people asked him certain questions. If you look at the context of this situation...He is on his death bed, and surrounded by people who come to ask him the same old questions.

How I think he would respond with you statement about him being bitter while approaching death would be something like.. "Is there a notion that you should act a certain way approaching death? Isn't death always around the corner?" If you know what I mean...We are timeless. Being attached to time would force you to maybe act a certain way near the end of your life. He had the same style early on in his life.

I'm not going to say this man has "changed" my life...But ever since I have started listening to him...Things appear different. I think you could benefit a lot from UG. A lot of people fear listening to him, but he is so incredibly right.