PDA

View Full Version : spirituality and pregnancy

BarbaraT
19-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Hello everyone :)

I'm wondering if there is everyone who has experience being pregnant and spiritual ?
Since I became pregnant I feel I've lost my spiritual sparkle. I can't concentrate doing meditation, my reiki energy doped a lot, even I'm not the same person. Before I find out I'm pregnant I was super happy with my spiritual experience.
I don't know what to do...
I'm thinking to do reiki master level but I'm not sure now...
Please if anyone has experience let me know what to do
I would appreciate any help
Namaste

Nettles
19-10-2015, 06:33 PM
I'm sure the experience is different for everyone, I never felt that when I was pregnant with my daughter but I know a lot of women who did.
First and most important, self-defeating thoughts like, "should I give up?" or "Am I even spiritual anymore" will not help the process in any way.
Think of it in terms of your condition, you are growing a human...what is more miraculous than that? If you can't concentrate when meditating then don't meditate, take a walk through the woods instead. As to being the same person well, you never will be the same person, get used to that. The choices you make now will shape the person you become though. The way you approach this with either a self-defeating attitude or one of knowing is up to you. When i say knowing I mean KNOW that you are a spiritual being, that isn't up to some outside force. It isn't as though some divine being came along and tripped over your cord and now you are unplugged from spirit. Your spiritual power comes from within, feed it strength rather than doubt.
Is this your first pregnancy? If so-and if not- blessings to you!

knightofalbion
19-10-2015, 06:52 PM

I'm wondering if there is everyone who has experience being pregnant and spiritual ?
Since I became pregnant I feel I've lost my spiritual sparkle. I can't concentrate doing meditation, my reiki energy doped a lot, even I'm not the same person. Before I find out I'm pregnant I was super happy with my spiritual experience.
Namaste

Your baby is the prime focus of your attention, and rightly so. So of course you are going to be distracted from other things, including on your spiritual side.
Bear in mind, bringing a new soul into the world, raising them to be a force for good, what could be more 'spiritual'?!
What to do? Concentrate on being a good mother.
There is a lesson in everything. Bearing a child will change your outlook on the world and in the long run will make you more attuned and empathetic.

Wishing you well. Enjoy motherhood!

BarbaraT
20-10-2015, 09:07 AM
Thank you so much for answer.
You Guys gave me hope.
Thank you and bless you :)

dryad
21-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Pregnancy can go either way. Sometimes it will wake up spiritual gifts because of hormone levels you've never had before. Mine went the other way. My gifts were shut down during pregnancy so as not to overwhelm or damage the baby. Dont worry about it. Things will go back to normal (although different) soon enough.

Clover
21-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Your baby is the prime focus of your attention, and rightly so. So of course you are going to be distracted from other things, including on your spiritual side.
Bear in mind, bringing a new soul into the world, raising them to be a force for good, what could be more 'spiritual'?!
What to do? Concentrate on being a good mother.
There is a lesson in everything. Bearing a child will change your outlook on the world and in the long run will make you more attuned and empathetic.

Wishing you well. Enjoy motherhood!

I wholeheartedly agree with Knight.OP, I think there are too many hormonal changes going on in your system right now. It's like your body is in a "sick" state right now because all the resources are going to your baby. Also, every month is going to be different. By the end of your term, you will feel way too tired to do anything. The best thing you can do for yourself is get sleep, and get A LOT of it. A new baby in the home changes the dynamics of everything, including the relationships around you. Be prepared for this! Good luck and congratulations! I advice to put zen or classical music on your tummy, it will sooth the both of you, and there is nothing more spiritual than that. :smile:

BarbaraT
21-10-2015, 05:53 PM
Thank you so much for nice words.
Its so much easer to go through problems or worries when someone is so helpful
Thank you
Bless you

Baybee123
21-10-2015, 07:21 PM
I was very spiritual during pregnancy. I even had that moment during meditation when you feel so good like an ecstasy..
However since giving birth I've gone back to my old self have no time for anything apart from the baby :(.

journey
22-10-2015, 02:20 AM
Don't be discouraged Barbara, I'm 8 months pregnant with my 2nd and I can completely relate to what youre describing. Almost like an on/off switch keeps flickering inside you and you have no control, I promise you itll level out and improve as time goes by. There are so many things going n within you that its really hard to focus on anything-much less spiritually :)

Don't stress, enjoy this time before baby gets here, things only get more interesting along the way, congratulations!

~journey

loopylucid
22-10-2015, 05:25 AM

Namaste

Hi Barbara and congratulations to you and little one xx do you practice anything other than meditation and healing? I have found healing does take a back seat during pregnancy where as other aspects seem to flourish. I'm currently on my 8th pregnancy, 6 losses, 1 made it here and this current little one is struggling to stay.
During all pregnancy's my healing capacity declined, all went to my babies, where as my empathy, intuition, astral and reading side hits an all time high. Basically I found my energy redirected into areas that required less effort and focus to do, it's hard to explain but the areas that had become 2nd nature to me rather than those I was still very much growing with, the ones I've being doing for years n years and it mostly came spontaneously, ie the connections weren't pre determined, so I didn't plan to do them. You may find this is a possibility for whats happening with you? How far gone are you? I find the early stages very much require most of our energy to ourselves, and after the first trimester, hold onto your hat so to speak!!
Loopy

BarbaraT
27-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Hello 0:)

First of all thank you for your message :)I want to say congratulations to You as well. And Fingers crossed :)
I'm first time pregnant and its 22 weeks. I do reiki, meditation and I really have passions for crystals. I did Akhasic records course at the beginning of my pregnancy , but I didn't really practise yet.
Sometimes I have feelings that a baby is very strong and really want to stay with me, no mater what. I also feel that baby gives me courage (I was always scared to drive now I drive no problem), Also if something sad is happening to me... Yes I cry but I don't give up like before I found some kind of power in me.
In last 3 days I try to do reiki to the baby not for long, but I can't really feel anything...
Anyway I'm really happy that You wrote to me I wish you all the best !!!
Namaste :)

QUOTE=loopylucid]Hi Barbara and congratulations to you and little one xx do you practice anything other than meditation and healing? I have found healing does take a back seat during pregnancy where as other aspects seem to flourish. I'm currently on my 8th pregnancy, 6 losses, 1 made it here and this current little one is struggling to stay.
During all pregnancy's my healing capacity declined, all went to my babies, where as my empathy, intuition, astral and reading side hits an all time high. Basically I found my energy redirected into areas that required less effort and focus to do, it's hard to explain but the areas that had become 2nd nature to me rather than those I was still very much growing with, the ones I've being doing for years n years and it mostly came spontaneously, ie the connections weren't pre determined, so I didn't plan to do them. You may find this is a possibility for whats happening with you? How far gone are you? I find the early stages very much require most of our energy to ourselves, and after the first trimester, hold onto your hat so to speak!!
Loopy[/QUOTE]

linen53
27-10-2015, 01:03 PM
I might suggest Helen Wambach's book Life Before Life. If you want to have an spiritual experience with your baby you must read this book. It will change everything.