PDA

View Full Version : A bit of an odd subject,.... money

WindWater
19-10-2015, 09:44 AM
Hey there,
Sorry for the odd subject, I was feeling doubt about if I should post it or not, I did not dare to do it first but .. I decided that it could be a learning point for me so here it is.

My question.

How do you feel about money, about 'wanting to earn money'? Is your perspective on it negative or positive?

I have noticed that mine is negative, and I am wondering if this 'could' be partly a reason why I always seem to have a lack of money. I do not seem to be able to create a normal flow of it in my life, and I suspect it might be that I block it, energy wise, by having the wrong idea about it. Or maybe blocked root chakra or such things.
Do others experience this?
And,.. what can one do about it?

I would really love to become a strong and independent person, that is able to buy a nice gift for someones birthday every once in a while. Or that is able to sometimes help a person that has problems financially, like my mother or sister.
In a way, money does not seem to be a spiritual subject, but I think it is. Its about energy right?
I would love to learn what others feel, think, know about all of this.

:)

Belle
19-10-2015, 09:50 AM
Money is a hugely complicated subject as it comes with so many attachments. It's good questions you ask.

For me, there are two things. Money is an energy so should flow. Secondly, what matters is not how much I have but my relationship with the money.

My perspective on earning money is positive. I know I'm great at my job, by no means the very best. I have enough, more than enough, I live in a nice flat, I have a nice car, I have a computer and wifi, I have food to eat and clothes to wear and I'm warm and cosy and safe. I'm grateful.

Lack - in my opinion creates lack. Try to consider your "haves" with regard money rather than "have nots". for example - I don't have a yacht. But I don't need one or want one (well it would be nice) but there's more "haves" to focus on.

Dwerg
19-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Economics isn't really that complex, you trade services or goods for money and in turn receive services and goods for it. I'm positive towards money in this way because I recognize life wouldn't be easier without it, rather it would be harder. Money is a currency of exchange, they hold no value if it weren't for what you can get for it.

It's plain stupid to want money for the sake of just having money since they are useless on its own. If there's nothing in particular you need or want then you don't need or want money. Money is a guaranteed return for working for society (having a job), they are designed to just circulate.

Controlling the flow of personal money is the easiest economic task. If you run out of money often you only really have two choices, spend less or work for more. If you have more than you need you can use the excess whatever way you want. I keep myself on the abundant side, I spend the same amount of money every month on what I need and I make the same amount and sometimes more. This consistently leaves me with an excess of over a thousand that I can do whatever I want with. If I want more expensive things I have to reduce my short term spending and save up, I really hate putting myself in debt, that's equal to spending money I haven't earned.

What confuses people is their focus on money without reasoning to themselves why they need it. You need it to buy food, clothes, housing and other necessities. Please also differentiate between "need" and "want", prioritize needs figure out the cost, only the excess of that can be used on wants. There is a group of people who disgust money so much they avoid it entirely, but they're in no better situation than the rest of us. They still have to work to obtain food, clothes, housing and to cover their needs.

If you have a job you are actively contributing to the rest of society with goods and/or services, you get money in return for your service. Do not let anyone make you feel bad for money you have worked to earn this way, you have given something of value to us all. Society will return the favor in exchange for your money.

The obvious weakness of money is of course what would still be a weakness without money, that's people looking for selfish gains at the cost of others. Money changes nothing about the fact there's thieves, robbers, scammers and other criminals. They've been around long before money became common, their criminal ways just adapted to the flexibility of trading currency.

You could do without, but you still have to work to at least survive and preferably live well.

Lorelyen
19-10-2015, 03:12 PM
I have to earn money to be able to survive but I like mostly how I earn it, plus I'm not particularly materialist so I have a neutral view.
I tend to look on it in the abstract.

It's the buffer between my labour and what I need to survive, otherwise I'd have to barter and that would be a lot more complicated.

Tanemon
19-10-2015, 03:30 PM
I like what posters have said so far on this thread. I know my household needs money, but I'm not greedy. Pretty simple.

We had a thread on SF on the topic a while back with a good discussion.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=87323&highlight=mechanics

lemex
19-10-2015, 05:13 PM
Not at all an odd subject. Doesn't the secular challenge. I'd point out LoA as an example so not as secular as we might think. In fact money is neutral having no value. Acts have the value, don't you think. The positive and negative is associated with it. One can see the evidence of it. In fact, all things are spiritual.

How does one reach the place they are satisfied. Of course now is what we're talking about, projecting to. What I have found is being patience and time is important and a good plan to follow. Anyone can do this. From our actions come our opportunity. What goal do you have. For instance, a scientist or a preacher, you will often hear I always knew I wanted to be. Me, I never fell into that category. :smile: I found talking to others and learning what to do helps because of their experience and support.

Lynn
19-10-2015, 05:22 PM
Hello

Money is a very spiritual topic. Money makes the World go Round or so we are often told early on in our childhood. Flip side of that is Money is the Root of all Evil something I heard early on in church. YET every Sunday it was expected to fill the collection plate. Made no sense to me.

For me money is two fold we need it to live but we do not need it in that "I want to win the Lotto" levels. That can destroy whom one is. We need to find peace with money that we will have what we need and that we control the money we have it does not control us.

When I left the EX I took a hit financially and the level of the home I now have is less but I am happy. That is what matters most to me is being happy. I now see that the fancy car and nice new home was not whom I am as a person. Even the jewelry I had from him I no longer value. I too learned it sure does not have the "retail" value to it if you want to rid yourself of it LOL. Somewhere in the house in a plastic baggie is a very expensive diamond from the wedding ring I melted down for the gold value. It is valueless to me....yet has a large $ value. its now we see money at times that defines us.

Lynn

Nettles
19-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Money is just pieces of paper the only feelings or energy it might have are the feelings and energy we give it.
I get what you are saying though, a positive attitude is a powerful thing. For me I always just think in terms of that I have all I need. That brings up haves and I can see the previous posters point about "haves" and "have nots" but to me it's really knowing the difference between a need and a want. I don't have a nice car but I don't really need one, I have a bicycle and two legs that function within normal parameters. Ever time I see someone use one of those little carts at the store that they ride around on to shop, I am grateful that my legs work and walking honors that gratitude.
I don't have a big house and lots of knick knacks and things but again, I don't want those things nor do I need them.
It's weird because I can really only speak to my own POV regarding money and mine is a bit outside the box. I've lived in the forest, off the land, by choice. I move around a good deal even now but some time ago I was nomadic. Everything I owned fit in my backpack, I spent a lot of time hiking trails and hitching around the country and learned to be satisfied with very, very little. Also, what the difference between a need and a want was for me. I always had everything I needed, I guess the attitude adopted was, "I am resourceful and can always meet my needs."
I don't have money to buy people things but I am kind of a loner and the people who do know me know I don't have the money to buy them gifts and have accepted that about me. I also don't have the money to help people but have found other ways in which I can be of service.
I work in a neighbors garden for food, I clean a womans house for access to the loquat tree in her yard from which I make cough syrup that I barter or sell to folks, I make herbal medicines out of the plants I find out on hikes, I make jewelry and do all sorts of things from readings to jewelry repair...and of course I also have a job.
Apologies, I am going on and on...this is about your question...I would say money isn't a complex thing, it isn't anything worth getting your knickers in a twist about, it's just paper. Attachments to it, attitude towards it, that is a choice we each make individually based on a number of variables different for everyone. I do know that as with anything one is attempting to manifest into their lives it helps to think positively as though you already have the abundance you seek. Don't use the word "will" as in, "I will have abundance" that puts the outcome perpetually in the future.
I'm not sure about manifesting money into ones life, I've never had cause to do it, as in the example above I think in terms of abundance and that doesn't always mean money.
I wish you luck.

Mr Interesting
19-10-2015, 07:20 PM
I actually prefer having less money than most and I've come to that after a fairly long and sometimes arduous coming to terms with what it is and what it can do and what I am and what I can do. All in all though it has been fun and in a very real sense money has nothing to do with it especially beside our own inner sense of what abundance and potential actually are for each of us.

So in that regard I've always seen money as a tool and as a tool it has it's own regimen to look after it, keep it oiled and it's edges keen, after much time just throwing it about and blunting it's blade and seeing it go rusty if I've left it out of doors.

Weirdly enough, recently, and this is only my own reckoning and I may be wrong, I was literally asked to leave someone's life because my attitude to money was such that it held her own to a mirror which didn't want to be looked at so reasons were created to have me no longer valid... and that's rather weird I reckon but at the same time it cast a light on the idea of being dependent on money or being independent of it and I think that that is what actually counts.

Independent of money doesn't mean not having any, for me it simply means we live our lives without it being in the highest regard, that it does come and go just like all weathers and if anything it's just a matter of preparing for changes in whatever winds and rain may come.

Then, oddly enough, it seems to be sunnier for me than it is for most.
Years ago I did some work with this guy and he's worth million's and he only allowed himself a small allowance and I asked him about that and he said it keeps things real for him (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag8XcMG1EX4)

Soon after the above happened I ended up somewheres where loads of money was thrown at me and wasn't doing hardly anything to achieve that and it freaked me out and I lost everything and had to sit quietly with that until I eventually figured out my working class upbringing extolled that we are rewarded commiserate to our input which for me meant I was getting far too much and it completely jarred with that inbuilt subconscious way of balancing myself in the world.

Then about a decade further on I got into another position of getting lots of cash but in this setting I had what might be called an agent taking care of business and it was all going quite nicely until I saw said agent completely fawning before a would be buyer and that I felt revolted by and again let it all fall apart... except this time I basically ripped him off, this fellow who fawned, well fooled him anyways, so that I at least left with the investments I'd made paid back to me.

And again I gave myself quiet time to regard the situation that had arisen to see myself in light of it as a lesson I'd subconsciously fabricated to unearth more of my tendencies.

What though I find remarkable about all of these adventures, and there are many more, is that I was somehow sheltered after the collapses and given time to reflect and see in myself what my self is was and is becoming while also realising these times between, as it were, are actually more fun. Not getting to the top of any mountain but preparing for the adventures and this kind of bespoke a style of life where the preparing could be the adventure.

And please excuse me for having so much interest in writing but I've finally been out in the forest which is the backyard and have started clearing an area which I've convinced myself will be a garden shed but will obviously be the little writing caboose that's been sitting on the periphery for so long... because I do think this might very well be my next foray into creativity. writing. It will have room for a desk and a bed, for lounging, and big wide windows of wooden frames but most emphatically a verandah facing the afternoon sun and money, alike water as rain and morning dew, will come and go as more seasons pass me by.

Mr Interesting
19-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Money is just pieces of paper the only feelings or energy it might have are the feelings and energy we give it.
I get what you are saying though... (the rest is above)... I think in terms of abundance and that doesn't always mean money.
I wish you luck.

That was lovely nettles and seems pretty much, with a different set of stuff, what I then wrote about as concerns my set of stuff. I wanted to just dive in and write without reading anyone else's then come in again after having actually read back through. I think what it is is that I want to see how we can be all approaching basically the same thing but how different our reckoning is of what we might be seeing. With that then I want to see the seam that runs through it all and how I might be aligning or not aligning to that.

Incidentally, and maybe as an aside, I often see the money I have in terms of the famous people we put on our bills, and the wildlife that inhabits our coins, because then during exchanges of said currency I can adopt that currency, that of doer's and acheivers and thinkers, as a little time to add a bonus, as I see it, to the humdrum nature of what is merely paper and metal.

My actual favourites are the five dollar bill which is a lovely orange and often very tattered but has Sir Edmund Hillary on it, the beekeeper who scaled Mt Everest with Sherpa Tenzing all those years ago... and the nice bright red hundred, often still crisp with the reverence people seem to hold it in, and this has Ernest Rutherford on it and he did some interesting thing with heavy water long before such things were considered so interesting.

Lucyan28
19-10-2015, 09:08 PM
I love all the things on this Universe and money is no exception to that.

The money is a required/necessary/useful tool in this society (world).

Remember to always ask for abundance ! ;)