PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to express creative energy without creative talent?

Fleur de Frost
18-10-2015, 08:59 PM
I'm always so heavily inspired by the fictional worlds created by others. Some, I prefer to 'live' in more than others - when I do, I feel an intense need to release the creative energy it sends surging through me. Unfortunately for me! My creativity is locked away, rarely ever stepping into the spotlight.

Is this a matter of learning to unleash creative potential, or finding methods of expressing that energy through something different than art?

Thank you! :)

Clover
18-10-2015, 09:08 PM
Movement is a big part of our creative energy. people do Yoga as form of creative art. Dancing is an art, especially dancing to a type of music you really love.
Maybe you like to collect things. People collect stones and do all sorts of things with them that it becomes a hobby.

Do you like open mic poetry? I like going to those types of shows sometimes. Hope I was somewhat helpful. :glasses11:

MIND POWER
18-10-2015, 10:11 PM
Try some upside down drawing, this is where you draw something when you are upside down........only messing..haha.

Its a exercise to train the right side of your brain, which is the creative hemisphere. Within school everything is centered upon locking children into the left hemispheres, to become pretty much like robots. Suppressing which in my opinion is the genius mind in the process....

Upside down drawing exercise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWWRMRZYygw

I have not tried it to be honest, but i was in a art shop the other day! and was thinking about buying a sketch pad.

Sometimes just thinking about your own theories, is creative. I sometimes just ponder about allot of things, about the nature of reality! the funny thing is, i always stumble across other people thinking the same things! or read certain concepts in books here and there.

And its interesting the way that seems to occur...

I do love good ponder.

Clover
18-10-2015, 10:21 PM
LOL mind power that looks like a migraine waiting to happen. Interesting to say the least.

Adrienne
18-10-2015, 10:22 PM
My creativity is locked away, rarely ever stepping into the spotlight.

Is this a matter of learning to unleash creative potential, or finding methods of expressing that energy through something different than art?

Hi Fleur de Frost,

It seems to me that you have convinced yourself that your creativity is locked away.... try this

Say instead " I unlock my creativity, it is now free to express itself in whichever way it chooses to express " and see what happens ! Be open to any and all possibilities. in fact, you can add that to the saying

" I unlock my creativity, it is now free to express itself in whichever way it chooses to express. I am open to any and all possibilities of expressing my creative energy " !!

Write this down on a piece of paper or several pieces of paper and put it in places where you will see it during the day, like your fridge, bathroom mirror or wherever .....

then each day, say that saying at least 3 times ..... and let us know what happens !! :smile:

Adrienne

Adrienne
18-10-2015, 10:24 PM
ha ha Clover ! it can't be that bad, lol .......

Adrienne
18-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Hey Tiger, I actually thought you were serious ....in drawing upside down, and I was trying to figure out how to actually do that ! ha ha !

then I watched the video, and how simple, lol ..... or so it looks to be, I would have never thought to take a picture and draw it upside down. I will have to try it and see what happens.

Nice find !! :smile:

naturesflow
18-10-2015, 10:38 PM
I'm always so heavily inspired by the fictional worlds created by others. Some, I prefer to 'live' in more than others - when I do, I feel an intense need to release the creative energy it sends surging through me. Unfortunately for me! My creativity is locked away, rarely ever stepping into the spotlight.

I like exploring in every way of myself through many reflections and potentially this tends to open up potential in creativity in myself. Being inspired is often crucial, so like minded groups or like minded souls do help and support this at times, I find. Creativity is flowing being you in everyway you are right now. Wanting or seeking to expand that often requires stepping out of comfort zones and exploring things beyond the normal knowing, in the way you know yourself to be and stepping into the unknown of what your potential offers you to be.

For me creativity often opens as I let go and let the flow be itself as it wants to be.

MIND POWER
18-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Hey Tiger, I actually thought you were serious ....in drawing upside down, and I was trying to figure out how to actually do that ! ha ha !

then I watched the video, and how simple, lol ..... or so it looks to be, I would have never thought to take a picture and draw it upside down. I will have to try it and see what happens.

Nice find !! :smile:

That would probably also work..haha

But yes this exercise could be a decent to incorporate into a weekly routine, when you draw something upside down it basically isolates your right brains faculties. But obviously not to get to caught up in the mind Curls, i like your suggestion of the affirmation! and freeing some kind of energy within us. Yes i had to also watch the video to figure out how to perform the exercise....

I was getting frustrated with some article, until i seen that video up above.

Also pondering is a good why to release creativity, like asking yourself questions and then thinking of the answer...haha..:smile:

Adrienne
18-10-2015, 10:47 PM
Thanks on my affirmation suggestion.

Also pondering is a good why to release creativity, like asking yourself questioning and then thinking of the answer...haha..

Yes, I agree with you ! :smile:

MIND POWER
18-10-2015, 11:03 PM
Thanks on my affirmation suggestion.

Yes, I agree with you ! :smile:

Sweet...:smile:

And yes pondering must be a form of mediation, or a way to sync the conscious and subconscious that's what it feels like to me.

I usually just ponder on long train journeys.

ocean breeze
18-10-2015, 11:45 PM
Running long distance, zig zagging through random streets then trying to find your way back without slowing down. It works better in areas you are unfamiliar with of course. I found this to be a creative way of working out while using your brains.

Shadow fighting is also an excellent way to express your creativity through movement. Fighting against an imaginary opponent, visualizing different scenarios.

Clover
18-10-2015, 11:51 PM
Running long distance, zig zagging through random streets then trying to find your way back without slowing down. It works better in areas you are unfamiliar with of course. I found this to be a creative way of working out while using your brains.

Shadow fighting is also an excellent say to express your creativity through movement. Fighting against an imaginary opponent, visualizing different scenarios.

I was going to say this. Long distance running. It is a therapeutic bliss for me. We have a lot of forest areas here,always encountering deer and wild life. Now, running zig zags. [covers eyes] :biggrin: You men are certainly creative lol

ocean breeze
19-10-2015, 07:43 AM
I was going to say this. Long distance running. It is a therapeutic bliss for me. We have a lot of forest areas here,always encountering deer and wild life. Now, running zig zags.

Just as long as you don't run into Jason Voorhees you should be fine. :smile:

Mr Interesting
19-10-2015, 08:14 PM
The literal answer to your question would be 'of course' otherwise the universe would have imploded long ago and we wouldn't even be here to express the question, which, another of course, may be that the literal meaning of the universe is to answer that question.

But then again to answer the question would be also capable of rendering the universe null and void so maybe the question in and of itself is where the meaning of life actually resides... but not the meaning so much as the impetus within it all to keep resoundingly faithful to the inherent unfolding of it's expression.

I laughed my head off the other day when I saw a video of a tiny little and almost brand new puppy that was encouraged to go down a set of steps but decided it was too hard, or unfathomable... I don't know as I'm not a puppy, but then this clever one decided that it could leap onto a bush beside the steps which seemingly had a much gentler decline towards the lower heights to which it felt it must attain... and proceeded to disappear into said bush!

Then the next morning I opened the door to my residence to greet the day and heard a plonk to which I quickly turned and saw pussy number two sliding down a roof to then disappear herself into the long grass... she had been up by my window to get in and greet me first thing but I hadn't heard her and then when she heard the door below opening had fallen off the bit's of wood sticking out of my house which haven't got decking added yet.

That made me laugh hugely too and I'm so glad these pussies are without the consternations of ego and self that they might find my hilarity in their mistaken footing to be so hilarious.

The thing cats do... that wiggling of posterior before a leap, isn't it just so cute and beguiling? Is it the flow, the flux between talent and energy... creative or not?

Every great guitarist the world has ever seen came to it completely without talent. Then endured and passed through total fits of frustration to gain the callouses that adorn their fingertips and then when they finally attained mastery of what all who had proceeded them had achieved they had to throw it all out and find their own way to be themselves in light of the skills they worked so long to achieve.

If this is made up it's brilliant for it's rough mix of sadness and joy but please be aware that discretion is required. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DbUPjEbIvA)

Lorelyen
19-10-2015, 08:18 PM
Movement is a big part of our creative energy. people do Yoga as form of creative art. Dancing is an art, especially dancing to a type of music you really love.
Maybe you like to collect things. People collect stones and do all sorts of things with them that it becomes a hobby.

Do you like open mic poetry? I like going to those types of shows sometimes. Hope I was somewhat helpful. :glasses11:

You said it - Dance. You create on the fly if you dance free-form or solo. So exhilarating, spirit-lifting. Even with group choreographed routines (they don't have to be difficult like ballet) once you have the routine you can close your eyes and let go. All you need is rhythm.