PDA

View Full Version : Cease to struggle

Timeless
16-10-2015, 12:16 AM
So a lot of us have negative thoughts (I fall victim to this as well). But we tend to hold on to a lot beliefs and thoughts that hold us back from our true potential. Most of the negative thoughts are related to struggle, depression, unworthiness, etc....

The more we feed these thoughts, the more it will block our clear vision of things. We cling to these thoughts because it gives us a sense of "identity." But this false identity is much less than we are. It is still a part of us, yes, but a very insignificant part.

"Just as a knife doesn’t cut itself, fire doesn’t burn itself, light doesn’t illumine itself..." ~Alan Watts

Deepsoul
16-10-2015, 12:26 AM
Struggle less, Love more....:hug3:

Mr Interesting
16-10-2015, 01:16 AM
Struggle is almost the poor cousin of frustration and that ones definitely an investment worth making.

Deepsoul
16-10-2015, 01:47 AM
I like that avatar Mr Interesting,very mysterious lol and intruiging, dimensional and peaceful ,is it you. thinking about putting my real self up there too....I dont have face

book, Sf is my main thingy..but I am meant to be homeschooling my 12 yrold son next year cant wait ,get to write a curriculum ,which will have a philosophy of

empowering an individual with practical life skills ,viewing the world and community as a spiritual playground where we are all an important part of the web of life and

the way in which we can contribute, as well as allowing for bright creativity thats not so mainstream,,,,Sorry to hijack this thread but already the excitement and

creative potential for a modern spiritual education for my son is helping me past the imagined struggle of opposition of any kind . Viva purpose and creativity...:hello2:

Mr Interesting
16-10-2015, 03:44 AM
Yup, that's me, at least me the other day anyways when camera in hand to do one thing I walked past where I'd put that neat little round piece of clear perspex to remind myself to use it somewhere special and caught my reflection in it so here we are. It's my facebook thing too as I'm over there actually bein' much difference.

Good luck with Sunny boy but I just gotta say my time in the public school I wouldn't trade for anything 'cause it ended up with me bein' well sociable and I can't help but think above the learnin' that's what actually counts.

Clover
16-10-2015, 03:50 AM
I like your quote, Timeless.
The problem is, we think too much as a species.

That sounds really great, deepsoul. I am raising free thinkers myself. They go to a progressive Montessori model type school.

yeshee camar
14-11-2015, 01:35 PM
'whye does does strugled' is yomp hitted due the bag of ooh so fast on that tricks even sopose liked people admit and recieve from young quizzy advances to enamore themselves for themselfs 'and a proofing game' goes on da shelluva i dare you day in and out 'we're not bugged out of cores' is the eyer of tiger slom pentagram teary the lights out.

'we sure to be clear ourselfves what makes us sad and happy, then we wrought some big yem of marching prop.'

Jyotir
14-11-2015, 03:25 PM
So a lot of us have negative thoughts (I fall victim to this as well). But we tend to hold on to a lot beliefs and thoughts that hold us back from our true potential. Most of the negative thoughts are related to struggle, depression, unworthiness, etc....

The more we feed these thoughts, the more it will block our clear vision of things. We cling to these thoughts because it gives us a sense of "identity." But this false identity is much less than we are. It is still a part of us, yes, but a very insignificant part.

"Just as a knife doesn’t cut itself, fire doesn’t burn itself, light doesn’t illumine itself..." ~Alan Watts

Indeed!

Hi Timeless,
…we tend to hold on to a lot beliefs and thoughts that hold us back from our true potential.
That is a very negative belief!!

If you already ‘know’ (implied by your statement) what the “true potential” is - - - -
Isn’t that a BELIEF …that‘s ‘holding you back‘? By your own definition.

…We cling to these thoughts because it gives us a sense of "identity."
So, re-vivifying the struggle (by declaring the belief that your belief isn‘t holding you back) = clinging to that 'false identity'? Ok.

…The more we feed these thoughts, the more it will block our clear vision of things.
Well, thanks for posting, i.e., feeding 'these thoughts' by a confessional about your self-victimisation!
Seems indicative of a real struggle and an apt (and ironically clear) illustration.

Because if you know your ‘true potential’ - beside being a belief - isn’t that a clear vision?
How can a clear vision block a clear vision?
Is that the knife that doesn’t cut itself? Or the opposite?

Perhaps cutting is a very insignificant part of what that knife does.
Sounds like a dull knife or a confused wielder.

~ J

Miss Hepburn
14-11-2015, 03:37 PM
Well, we have swimming upstream against the current...
then, we have floating downstream with the current.
Since, I know that All is Bliss, All is within the Creator,
All is Love...that the only thing that ever keeps a being on any level
from being enraptured by these truths are self imposed limitations of
wrong thinking....I vote for floating downstream into the
waiting arms of my Creator.

Sigh :hug3:

:love9:

My thinking is ...that is how easy it all is...:smile:

Silver
14-11-2015, 04:03 PM

Wonderful food for thought, Timeless. Much obliged. :smile:

Lorelyen
14-11-2015, 04:04 PM

Why are you telling us this? Is this your particular gripe about yourself?

Silver
14-11-2015, 04:05 PM
'whye does does strugled' is yomp hitted due the bag of ooh so fast on that tricks even sopose liked people admit and recieve from young quizzy advances to enamore themselves for themselfs 'and a proofing game' goes on da shelluva i dare you day in and out 'we're not bugged out of cores' is the eyer of tiger slom pentagram teary the lights out.

'we sure to be clear ourselfves what makes us sad and happy, then we wrought some big yem of marching prop.'

Well said, yeshee camar, well said. :D

Silver
14-11-2015, 04:06 PM
Why are you telling us this? Is this your particular gripe about yourself?

Someone's got a burr under their saddle. :icon_monkey:

Lorelyen
14-11-2015, 04:10 PM
Thank goodness it's under and not on top of....

:D

Silver
14-11-2015, 04:20 PM
Thank goodness it's under and not on top of....

:D

:wink:

yeshee camar
14-11-2015, 05:38 PM
:smile: :redface: :D
Silver

here's a story-
we pass on rayol loving, cause same tones around are any defenseful to the noisy self of toyl others who work too hard in their own fleesy mind, a keep it that way.' we thought ourselves connect, we still be, with solided adjusteds. think of being knight through your newer status come on assets 'to have let gone of somethings so ironeed trim, back then soliderary yarry kept.' that we shoock strong off no matter the the ubustings sillydim that 'there is still win in any position beating beating after-the-shock-ee-math best-nomatter an what your mind in works can point mind to new become.'

Shivani Devi
15-11-2015, 04:38 AM
I struggle with generalisations shaping my belief system.

If something tends to happen like a hundred times in a row, then it always happens. etc

A human Being
15-11-2015, 12:00 PM
If there's one thought that holds me back, it's simply this: "something's wrong."

Hubert Selby posts on sf - who knew? :icon_eek: :biggrin:

A human Being
15-11-2015, 12:30 PM
Oh, there's another biggie: "life is difficult." It's more of a sense, an unconscious assumption, than a thought, per se, and I know it's there, operating in the background, when I feel resistance in my body (which is an awful lot of the time, I'm noticing).

Shivani Devi
15-11-2015, 12:56 PM
Well said, yeshee camar, well said. :D
One day, I'm going to have to ask you to translate all his posts for me...one day...:biggrin:

Miss Hepburn
15-11-2015, 03:08 PM
One day, I'm going to have to ask
you to translate all his posts for me...one day...:biggrin:
I only knew what a Necromancer was because of an episode of Angel!!:tongue:

yeshee camar
15-11-2015, 03:34 PM
thinks outside box too. yea taco bell is sellout.

:biggrin:

yeshee camar
15-11-2015, 03:50 PM
... ..
your latino i'm quoting

here's a story-
we pass on rayol loving,
cause same tones around are any defenseful to the noisy self of toyl others who work too hard in their own fleesy mind, a keep it that way.'
/ that all persons engage in trivia we learn to deorganise / /.
we thought ourselves connect, we still be, with solided adjusteds.
/ that we can get ourselfs done / /.
think of being knight through your newer status come on assets 'to have let gone of somethings so ironeed trim,
back then soliderary yarry kept'
/ that tougher letting go will come some of what and a holding up tight / /.
that we shoock strong off no matter the the ubustings sillydim that 'there is still win in any position beating beating after-the-shock-ee-math best-nomatter an what your mind in works can point mind to new become.'
/ 'that we can survive letting go after an blown' / /.

:smile:

what is this being nice and handsome.

we're coining this here two coppers. thank you for the worthwile-

make yourself a catch-

yeshee camar
15-11-2015, 06:52 PM
:icon_eek: / /
take you there on-

you feel good.

:confused: :confused:

pass it on.