PDA

View Full Version : Where are the real gurus?

BurningBush
15-10-2015, 03:08 AM
Where are the ones who, instead of merely sounding insightful, awaken the souls of others with their words? Where are the ones who speak to who we are at our most fundamental?

loopylucid
15-10-2015, 06:47 AM
Busy being, busy doing and busy wondering who these gurus that people speak of are ;) lol
Loopy

wstein
15-10-2015, 07:23 AM
Where are the ones who, i..., awaken the souls of others with their words? Where are the ones who speak to who we are at our most fundamental? Seems like kind of a low standard. And yet, where are they? I don't think there has ever been very many. Sure most can list quite a few but that is over thousands of years.

My take is that most who can "speak to who we are at our most fundamental" don't want to.

vespa68
15-10-2015, 07:35 AM
They wouldnt be in the "guru" category if they had any real truth to speak. Probably just some humble, unassuming person with enormous wisdom.

running
15-10-2015, 07:43 AM
Where are the ones who, instead of merely sounding insightful, awaken the souls of others with their words? Where are the ones who speak to who we are at our most fundamental?

I think you may want to look into shaktipat or some kinda transmission. Its there from what i have seen that can help awaken the spirit from another person. Words can transmit energy like any other activity. But the back bone is from soul to soul.

There are plenty out there. Many different cultural baxkgrounds. I would seek one that has the power and that fits in with your idealogies. Or you could just ignore what they say and take in the energy. I have done both. If they transmit there ideas to you just remember where they came from. So you know to ignore them. If you wish to.

Deepsoul
15-10-2015, 07:58 AM
I probably sound like a broken record and you probably mean in the flesh but honestly Jesus is well alive in spirit, I was so totally broken when I turned to him ,sick mind body soul ,when you build a relationship with him in spirit its truly transforming ,beautiful and amazing ,I dont go to church ,and read the bible sporadically to say the least ,I love the secret teachings,[gnostic] of this man,god spirit being that so treasured Love as his main message ,which to me is what it comes down to. He makes me who I want to be, guides me through all the **** and it truly is the most amazing supernatural thing ever....Some dont even know he lived in India as well and meditated with the gurus there....Our spirits connect because I love Him and trust him.

Eyeland
15-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Maybe inside us...

naturesflow
15-10-2015, 11:24 AM

Look within. Everything is within.

WhiteWarrior
15-10-2015, 11:52 AM
BurningBush has an interesting question there. Who are the real gurus?

For my part I have found a lot of guidance from fiction books and fiction movies. I can't abide the guys who label themselves gurus and absolutely do not read 'guru books', but normal fiction presents an abundance of good stories about good and bad role models for you to ask yourself about. Although they are by necessity only shadows of the complexity of real people, a good writer will make his characters face hurdles and opportunities and then make them deal with these situation. In the very best works you will find considerable wisdom and food for thought. Shakespeare, Jules Verne, Terry Pratchett, Hugo Pratt, JRR Tolkien and Ursula K. Le Guin are all gurus for me.

Ravenspirit
15-10-2015, 12:30 PM
Probably living their own lives, quietly leading by example. I'm not a person who is keen on gurus really. The whole system of master and students it just reeks of superiority complex to me. I've learned a lot from the various people in my life at different times just by knowing them. But when it comes to teachers setting up spiritual schools and taking students I tend not to buy into all that. I don't feel I need a guru to have a relationship with the universe and that which made me. I'm more of a direct experience type.

knightofalbion
15-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Wisdom is to be found in many quarters.

As are teachers, but the greatest teacher of all is the one slumbering in 'your' own heart ...
Kindle a flame in your soul to awaken him.

Jyotir
15-10-2015, 02:25 PM
Hi BurningBush,

Where are the real gurus?

With all due respect, you are not asking the right question.

The right question is, "Why would I/do I need a guru?"

If the answer to that question has 'real' spiritual merit, i.e., is appropriate and sincere, the 'real' guru(s) will find you - rest assured. And you'll know it.

So the answer lies in establishing and persistently following 'real'* intention.

~ J

* in the spiritual sense

BurningBush
15-10-2015, 03:02 PM
If a person is not awake, a guru is unlikely to be able to help, but being exposed to the type of person I was referencing in the OP can be helpful to the already-awakened. Can someone get there without a guru? Of course, but a person has to identify the relevant ideas within himself that comprise his path and a guru is one way to do that as are experiences, books, music, movies, etc.

Can a guru actually awaken someone? For the answer, refer to the Twin Flame section of this forum.

muffin
15-10-2015, 06:02 PM
Good afternoon BurningBush

Just a thought.
They work within themselves. For not all things has to be seen to be heard or felt.

naturesflow
15-10-2015, 10:18 PM
If a person is not awake, a guru is unlikely to be able to help, but being exposed to the type of person I was referencing in the OP can be helpful to the already-awakened. Can someone get there without a guru? Of course, but a person has to identify the relevant ideas within himself that comprise his path and a guru is one way to do that as are experiences, books, music, movies, etc.

Can a guru actually awaken someone? For the answer, refer to the Twin Flame section of this forum.

The twin flame is within and in the nature of reflections we find what we need everywhere in our life and interactions to bring these realizations into a conscious state of awareness, if it is meant to be of course.

It doesn't matter what you are seeking you will find the source you require to learn everything is in you if you are to learn this.

Connections come in many forms to bridge and open the formation of the whole in us in the way we need.

dryad
16-10-2015, 12:33 PM
Ascended souls in incarnated form are the ones you mean. They are not limited to the cultures that teach them to be gurus. They are found all over the world but so many were hunted and killed in recent times that most live in secret these days. They don't need to teach directly. Their energy influences all those they come in contact with.

peteyzen
16-10-2015, 12:45 PM
they are there, they really are. big ones and little ones. usually our egos see them and shunt us away from them.

Lucyan28
16-10-2015, 03:45 PM
Easy, they're in all the persons, animals, particles, etc ! =)

Mr Interesting
16-10-2015, 06:00 PM
There is actually a website called findyourownguru.com and they have lists for all the gurus in or near whatever your locality is and not only that but they have passed the world spiritual health organisations stringent testing and have approval ratings well into the 'this spiritual being is incredibly helpful' zone.

So sign up today for your very own 20 day free trial, money back guarantee. "No awakening goes unheeded' is there motto"

Mr Interesting
16-10-2015, 07:31 PM
'Cause yesterday I went and saw this guy who owns his own boutique burger thing and he's so over it and wants to be a theoretical physicist and not only that but create, engineer, all these wonderful new energy makers and... save the world of course.

Funnily enough he said that modern physics suffers from the inability to see itself within it's own paradigm which I found quite interesting but here he was within his own suffering making burgers, even whilst exotic and entertaining, when he could be on the end of a lathe cutting magnets and injecting them with his own pure intent.

So I told the man about crowdfunding and how such a ironic pairing as himself being a burger turner yet dreaming of being a whizz at the technical was a sure mix of success as those who might find his account of possibility intriguing would surely throw a few dollars at him just for the amusing anecdote they would then have worth telling at dinner parties and sure to be more obscurely interesting and so by default make them interesting and even amusing despite their humdrum existence only able to buy significance piecemeal as it is offered and most surely packaged to suit, above and beyond all else, their ideas of importance.

And what is guru backwards? U rug... you rug, as in sweeping the dirt under the carpet.

running
16-10-2015, 07:32 PM
Ascended souls in incarnated form are the ones you mean. They are not limited to the cultures that teach them to be gurus. They are found all over the world but so many were hunted and killed in recent times that most live in secret these days. They don't need to teach directly. Their energy influences all those they come in contact with.
I think your right

Heart
16-10-2015, 07:33 PM

its not so much where are the gurus, more like how insightfull is your inner guru

when you search within for an answer the master and student become one, then your thoughts words and deeds are known by those who have the inner ears to hear and the inner eye to see

you will find a silence in a guru that is louder than sound, so when your inner one choose to speak,,,, listen.... intently

running
16-10-2015, 07:43 PM
its not so much where are the gurus, more like how insightfull is your inner guru

when you search within for an answer the master and student become one, then your thoughts words and deeds are known by those who have the inner ears to hear and the inner eye to see

you will find a silence in a guru that is louder than sound, so when your inner one choose to speak,,,, listen.... intently

The teaching is from the heart. It doesnt necessarely have to say anything. But the power can be felt and melt through anything if ones open to it

jonesboy
16-10-2015, 11:07 PM
Many traditions describe that it is nearly impossible to realize the "truth" without the guidance, help and support of a true guru. I thought it might be helpful to describe how/what is the meaningful difference a guru makes to the realization process.

There are many ways in which it can be described, but in simple terms, "we" are beings of "light". The normal person has many fears, issues, attachments and ego stuff which "obscure" this truth. Rather than notice the energy/light that we are, we get caught up in the perceptions and mind activity of life. We believe that all of the mental activity and the boundaries of the body are "us". A true guru has seen through the obstructions, perceived the light and in doing so, the light "flows through" them.

When one is ready and "finds" a guru, an energetic bond is formed. Our subconscious (or higher) self yearns for the "light" and so "connects" to the guru, which becomes a "form" for the light in the world for us. To form this energetic connection requires a very open, trusting and loving heart. The more open and trusting, the further the guru can take you. With full surrender and trust (which is very rare), a guru can take you all the way to the brink. The final step you must take on your own, as the guru itself, ultimately becomes an "attachment" that which must also be surrendered (let go).

Once the bond is formed, it is like one is sort of "drafting" off the guru. The guru can share the light and clarity of mind. Also, the light of guru is constantly "hitting" the obstructions of the student. If the student trusts and let's go of the energetic mental obstructions, it is like the guru "washes them away" with light. Lifetimes of karma and obstructions can be cleared quickly.

That is the difference a guru makes.

running
16-10-2015, 11:41 PM
Many traditions describe that it is nearly impossible to realize the "truth" without the guidance, help and support of a true guru. I thought it might be helpful to describe how/what is the meaningful difference a guru makes to the realization process.

There are many ways in which it can be described, but in simple terms, "we" are beings of "light". The normal person has many fears, issues, attachments and ego stuff which "obscure" this truth. Rather than notice the energy/light that we are, we get caught up in the perceptions and mind activity of life. We believe that all of the mental activity and the boundaries of the body are "us". A true guru has seen through the obstructions, perceived the light and in doing so, the light "flows through" them.

When one is ready and "finds" a guru, an energetic bond is formed. Our subconscious (or higher) self yearns for the "light" and so "connects" to the guru, which becomes a "form" for the light in the world for us. To form this energetic connection requires a very open, trusting and loving heart. The more open and trusting, the further the guru can take you. With full surrender and trust (which is very rare), a guru can take you all the way to the brink. The final step you must take on your own, as the guru itself, ultimately becomes an "attachment" that which must also be surrendered (let go).

Once the bond is formed, it is like one is sort of "drafting" off the guru. The guru can share the light and clarity of mind. Also, the light of guru is constantly "hitting" the obstructions of the student. If the student trusts and let's go of the energetic mental obstructions, it is like the guru "washes them away" with light. Lifetimes of karma and obstructions can be cleared quickly.

That is the difference a guru makes.

An excellent explanation!