PDA

View Full Version : Neglect Depressing Thoughts

Timeless
13-10-2015, 02:49 AM
What is I told you that all of your depression/suffering/bitterness could go away, by simply not making the same mistake you used to? The mistake I'm referring to is falling into the same old thinking patterns. Not actually having an immediate experience with the now. Labeling things with so much conviction even though things are so innocent.

People who are depressed tend to cling to the same old thought. "Why am I depressed? I don't deserve this. I know I can get out of this if I just think about it some more" What some people don't understand, though, is that you have to get rid of this altogether. Watch your habits, thoughts, and find a way to shift your attention. Stay out of this place. It is a trap. The thought of depression will always be lurking around somewhere. The way we don't fall into the trap is simply being aware when it pops up and not inviting it in the door.

We cling because something may be familiar territory. We are comfortable with familiarity, even though it provides pain at the same time. Facing the great unknown, the immediate moment, is uncertainty at its finest.
Speaking from personal experience, my advice is to embrace the unknown. Don't let uncertainty stop you from experiencing life. It should actually compel you to continue on! Remember, be silent. Become one with the great harmony.

Scratch your head, but be okay with it.