PDA

View Full Version : Literally a Leap of Faith

Lucyan28
12-10-2015, 09:18 PM
Yesterday I jumped from an airplane with a parachute!!!

It was the scariest experience I've ever had :icon_eek: (on this incarnation at least lol) but also it was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had, it's wonderful to feel the free air all around you, the connection between the earth the sky and self, and the uncertainty of not knowing if you will survive another day :angel8: A great mix of feelings =)

The fear of heights is one of my worst fears, so I wanted to face it in the creepiest way possible! I know perhaps I have gone a bit insane :alien:

It is curious that in order to gain that courage I had to experience the worst pain in my life for several months...

naturesflow
12-10-2015, 09:42 PM
Your insane..seriously..:D but bravo to you for courage that I don't think I have in this way of sensation seeking.

I get the pre courage space, I have that, just to get on an aeroplane, especially for long overseas flights. Its hell for months just to psyche myself up and let go of so much. Stepping into fears can be big time scary..

Lucyan28
12-10-2015, 09:58 PM
Your insane..seriously..:D but bravo to you for courage that I don't think I have in this way of sensation seeking.

I get the pre courage space, I have that, just to get on an aeroplane, especially for long overseas flights. Its hell for months just to psyche myself up and let go of so much. Stepping into fears can be big time scary..

Thanks Naturesflow :hug2:

Yeah it's scary, just to remember that second before jumping... oh my god ! I'm still processing what happened lol

But it was really wonderful !

naturesflow
12-10-2015, 10:03 PM
I am so pleased for you. When you succeed in this way it can be really thrilling and I imagine a wonderful experience coming down from the sky in this way, the view would be amazing...

Lucyan28
12-10-2015, 10:07 PM
Indeed it was such a wonderful view, I'm gonna treasure that moment ! =)

tomorrow I will upload some photos, although I'm not quite sure how to attach here an image lol

BlueSky
12-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Yesterday I jumped from an airplane with a parachute!!!

It was the scariest experience I've ever had :icon_eek: (on this incarnation at least lol) but also it was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had, it's wonderful to feel the free air all around you, the connection between the earth the sky and self, and the uncertainty of not knowing if you will survive another day :angel8: A great mix of feelings =)

The fear of heights is one of my worst fears, so I wanted to face it in the creepiest way possible! I know perhaps I have gone a bit insane :alien:

It is curious that in order to gain that courage I had to experience the worst pain in my life for several months...
Congrats! That's amazing! You are a brave man...

Mr Interesting
13-10-2015, 08:06 AM
I'm going out to an Island soon to do some work and the woman arranging things stopped by and I mentioned to her the trip by sea, and she said 4 1/2 hours, would be a bit of a drag so she said I could go on a plane and I answered 'a real plane, a noisy one that vibrates like crazy and has propellers?' and she said yeah and I said let's do it!

I'd also happily jump out of it to get the island! Fear for me is usually an after thought as in 'Phew, that was close!'

Lucyan28
13-10-2015, 01:52 PM
I'm going out to an Island soon to do some work and the woman arranging things stopped by and I mentioned to her the trip by sea, and she said 4 1/2 hours, would be a bit of a drag so she said I could go on a plane and I answered 'a real plane, a noisy one that vibrates like crazy and has propellers?' and she said yeah and I said let's do it!

I'd also happily jump out of it to get the island! Fear for me is usually an after thought as in 'Phew, that was close!'

Hi Mr. Int. :hug2: so you don't feel fear before the action, you feel it after the action, well that's good I guess :D I usually feel it before and after which is worse I think.

PS: Just jump out of the plane, it's revitalizing !

Lucyan28
13-10-2015, 01:54 PM
Congrats! That's amazing! You are a brave man...

Thanks Cap :hug2:

Like the song says: "I want to be a macho man" lol sorry about that I had to do it :D

I still have a lot of fears to conquer, but with time I'll do it one by one in the next months.