PDA

View Full Version : How do we know certain emotions are "positive" vs. "negative"?

Fleur de Frost
07-10-2015, 05:53 AM
I could be totally wrong! Disclaimer, to start off with. :) But it seems like a lot of Chinese religions dictate that emotions are negative energy. That negative energy stores within respective organs, and catalyzes disease (dis-ease) within us.

Totally agree with that. But if emotions are only feelings like anger, fear, sadness, etc. - what about the rest? Happiness, ecstasy, confidence... Where do you draw the line between negative and positive energy? You could say it's what helps the soul develop best, but that's so subjective. Some people bask in the sun while others shine brightest in the dark. How do we determine which emotions are light, and which ones are darkness?

naturesflow
07-10-2015, 06:33 AM
Sometimes people bask in the sun and shine their dark as one source. Sometimes people bask in the dark and hide their sun. Sometimes people don't know what is hiding only what is shining. So therefore everything plays out in everyway of itself as it is in process unique to each individual.

Every emotion can feel light especially if you can feel it fully by being present with it as it is.
Its only when I attach something to that feeling that it becomes exactly what I think it is in everyway I think.

I do know that I feel more clear without the *weight* of past repressive emotional trauma locked inside me. And I do know that my body suffers when I restrict myself in letting go, resisting and tightening up inside myself, and from personal experience this has affected my body in so many ways which I am focused now undoing physically.This I relate to past control of what I felt, so body tightness and tension ensued, rather than allowing what I feel fully and letting go as a whole body release.

Stored anger and the unwillingness to feel fear fully, often trapped me from reaching the real cause underneath, but once that cleared out of the way, I found myself more open to feel fully and let go.

As for light and dark and negative and positive, I would probably say now I can see that whilst I reacted to certain emotions in ways that didn't allow for full expression, it was nothing to do with light or dark, negative or positive but more to do with controlling what I feel, and locking in rather than opening up and letting go. When I do this now, I reconnect naturally to what I call a centre of balance, that I would describe as more clear and free flowing, without restriction.

loopylucid
07-10-2015, 06:59 AM
I could be totally wrong! Disclaimer, to start off with. :) But it seems like a lot of Chinese religions dictate that emotions are negative energy. That negative energy stores within respective organs, and catalyzes disease (dis-ease) within us.

Totally agree with that. But if emotions are only feelings like anger, fear, sadness, etc. - what about the rest? Happiness, ecstasy, confidence... Where do you draw the line between negative and positive energy? You could say it's what helps the soul develop best, but that's so subjective. Some people bask in the sun while others shine brightest in the dark. How do we determine which emotions are light, and which ones are darkness?

the first paragraph of this regarding illness being an emotional catalyst interests and confuses me!
I see emotional trauma of kinds can be, but then I'm confused! I have been around alot of death, I've given countless end of life care, pallative care, I've met many different beautiful kinds of people, from all walks of life and backgrounds, I've seen those who have led what could be called blessed lives, who have died in extremely painful ways, I've met people's whose life was plagued by negativity, who were very unhappy to even of stayed alive that long, die an extremely peaceful death, of course it has happened the other way round to, but I don't see an absolute link to this idea, would love to understand more about this ideas origins as maybe I am interpretating it wrong!
As for the difference in emotions, I think that's simply put perspective and subjective to each individual and no one size fits all there, so very hard to answer!

Loopy

naturesflow
07-10-2015, 07:11 AM
[QUOTE=loopylucid]the first paragraph of this regarding illness being an emotional catalyst interests and confuses me!
I see emotional trauma of kinds can be, but then I'm confused! I have been around alot of death, I've given countless end of life care, pallative care, I've met many different beautiful kinds of people, from all walks of life and backgrounds, I've seen those who have led what could be called blessed lives, who have died in extremely painful ways, I've met people's whose life was plagued by negativity, who were very unhappy to even of stayed alive that long, die an extremely peaceful death, of course it has happened the other way round to, but I don't see an absolute link to this idea, would love to understand more about this ideas origins as maybe I am interpretating it wrong!
As for the difference in emotions, I think that's simply put perspective and subjective to each individual and no one size fits all there, so very hard to answer!

When you only see the surface of those your tending too, you often can miss what is playing out beneath those layers that can often be subconscious affects, rippling through the whole in ways not known or seen until it manifests in ways we might not think is related but could well be. People in days gone by, who did it tough and had no support, simply got on with life and suppressed things to survive, take care of life matters on the surface of reality, all the while no one really knowing their truth, pain or struggles. Life now days allows for openness and shared spaces so more people are sharing the nature of childhood trauma and confusions and letting go, but there are many who don't share and let go also.. Death for some can mean peace from this life, that they have struggled with all their life. Good and beautiful people hide pain and die in difficult ways..Then again when death calls, where we are in ourselves and that alignment often comes as one source together..

In sharing all that I don't really know but felt it was worth mentioning because this is what I see too.

loopylucid
07-10-2015, 07:36 AM
Of course ng, I get and have seen that to, I'm more interested in this idea that all ailments are manifested eventually by trauma, when altho this world can seem harsh! There are many who live blessed lives and openly are grateful and thankful for this (yes they do exist haha) yet have illnesses that are physically extremely painful in there transition, not those who weren't able to process any trauma in there life. It's more the idea and it's origins I would like to know more about, as I'm very open to my misunderstandings and it maybe finding out the core belief system here, may open it out to me, or may not! But I like to discover regardless! How this idea relates to them and is not just the physical natural decay we all will meet with when our time comes.

I don't want to derail the thread, so I will do some research, just hoping op can point me in right direction to explore this further :)

Loopy

naturesflow
07-10-2015, 07:55 AM
.........................ooops ..

naturesflow
07-10-2015, 07:57 AM
ooops again....lol

naturesflow
07-10-2015, 07:57 AM
........................admin please delete...lol

naturesflow
07-10-2015, 07:59 AM
and another............lol

naturesflow
07-10-2015, 08:00 AM
again...................lol

naturesflow
07-10-2015, 08:00 AM
Oh dear another post..lol

naturesflow
07-10-2015, 08:01 AM
:)..................

naturesflow
07-10-2015, 08:01 AM
I am derailing not you..lol

naturesflow
07-10-2015, 08:03 AM
Of course ng, I get and have seen that to, I'm more interested in this idea that all ailments are manifested eventually by trauma, when altho this world can seem harsh! There are many who live blessed lives and openly are grateful and thankful for this (yes they do exist haha) yet have illnesses that are physically extremely painful in there transition, not those who weren't able to process any trauma in there life. It's more the idea and it's origins I would like to know more about, as I'm very open to my misunderstandings and it maybe finding out the core belief system here, may open it out to me, or may not! But I like to discover regardless! How this idea relates to them and is not just the physical natural decay we all will meet with when our time comes.

I don't want to derail the thread, so I will do some research, just hoping op can point me in right direction to explore this further :)

Loopy

You not derailing the thread, it all relates in my opinion. So I am glad you brought it up for discussion as well as the OP its a great topic. I suppose I would just add that it is easy to look into peoples lives and think we know the full extent of their whole life experiences, what we know even in loving, joyful, gratefulness, can hide hidden pain and trauma. We can design ourselves in such a way as to live in this way, depending on our life journey and process of course. Trauma in my experience can come through in ways unknown to the one experiencing, the birthing process for example can be most traumatic and leave imprints, in those early years where memories often don't surface or are remembered and can play out in our lives at any point of our life and into any experience all the while not relating it in any way to anything but what it is.

If your not walking a conscious path of awareness of self it can often be repressed and totally hidden and unaware of in the one experiencing their life. Remembering that not everyone choose to make their painbody conscious, their process may not call this to be for them, some hold it in and it then arises of itself through the unknown aspects of self, into experiences such as illness or suffering in many ways.

Of course it is what it is for each individual so each process is unique for their journey and the connections one with them.

So in a sense it can be any number of ways, but each piece serves the whole..each being truth of the one experiencing.

Rah nam
07-10-2015, 08:07 AM
According the Taoist inner alchemy

The Lung holds Sadness, Grief / Righteousness, Courage

The Kidneys hold Fear, Stress / Gentleness

The Liver holds Anger / Kindness

The Heart holds Impatience, Cruelty Hate / Love, Honor

The Spleen holds Worry / Fairness, Openness

It is up to everyone to transform the negative into positive.

naturesflow
07-10-2015, 08:10 AM
My apologies for so many deleted posts, my posting froze each time, leaving me unaware of the fact that it went through..:D

Electric_Dreams
09-10-2015, 01:43 PM
Some emotions are bad, others good. The way to tell the difference is simply how they make us feel.
Negative emotions like grief, stress and hate leave a lasting impression on your physical body if not dealt with, but possitive emotions like happiness, love and courage can heal.
Emotions are spiritual senses and they're there to guide you spiritually, just like our physical senses guide us physically��

Golden Eagle
09-10-2015, 02:03 PM

All emotions based on wanting this or that ........ based on selfish gain , are negative ........even the ones claiming to be doing good , but not really doing good are negative emotional states. E.G. : the warrior serving his country but told he has to kill such and such , is not in service to others but is acting on the selfish ordes of political manipulators. The one fighting breast cancer and collecting money for DRUG research to CHARGE others in suffering is not really doing Good Works , the solutions already have been supplied by nature and the Divine , we FOOL ourselves into all kinds of false emotional goodness.

JOY , Happiness , Bliss , are not emotional states per say ...... they are states of GRACE CONSCIOUSNESS and the Goodness that flows with those states are not dependent upon getting anything at all!~ These are our TRUE STATES absent emotional and mental rubbish.

Seeing this alone can lead one to the INNER RUE FIELDS of Wisdom - Love - Joy - TRUTH!

Then there is only one task ...... to FREE others TRAPPED in emotional/mental rubbish states , but only those ready can actually receive this LIBERATED state. We cannot LIBERATE those we want too ....... but are directed to those ready.