PDA

View Full Version : Being your own emotional (body) victim?

umbridge
06-10-2015, 07:00 AM
There are things we won't want or are afraid to do in our lives, because it affects too much our emotional wellbeing. We don't want to suffer. And its very normal that we will do things to avoid it. But what if we could let go and expand ourselves?
What if a person who normally hates being alone starts loving time to himself or person who is afraid to trust anyone starts doing it?

Are we victims of our emotional body? Emotional body consists of this life and past lives emotional patterns...are the mental body or the mind stronger than our emotions? I guess it is?

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance
much love to you all :hug3:

loopylucid
06-10-2015, 08:01 AM
Hi umbridge

I found one of the biggest learning curves I have gone and go through daily, is learning not to own pain, not to allow my emotional body to become a dictator to my heart.
Ive let myself be held hostage to it on many occasions, its not the feeling of it that I needed to let go of though, it was the thought that is was all I was, without that heart led voice in the background, I can still slip there sometimes, but I try and always get back to the place that is noticing the pain and ask, hold on then, whats that doing!
This kinda allows for a honouring of the pain itself, without the horrendous baggage I added to it, so yes I felt pain, did I need to feel anger though? Or bitter? did I need to constantly add things into it, why wasn't I just feeling heartbreak from loss, so I kinda feel it isn't pain etc that is the emotional bodies captivator, its the mind adding in scenarios and ways to strengthen the justification of the pain.
I think we are often so hard on ourselves, we feel the need to justify the level of pain were going through, which sometimes can make what ultimately is simply pain, into a vendetta for its purpose, but so far yet in hindsight, that road never served me much purpose, except to realise it was a very long and tiring journey, delayed, anxious and confused travelling. Its one of the few things im discovering so far that actually aids me on all levels, practically, spiritually, physically etc
I am finding this exploration a very valuable one so far and as with them all, never ending im sure lol!

So im not sure i feel the mental or mind is stronger than the emotional body, but I do feel with some certainty, that our hearts are :)

Just my thoughts on it!

Loopy

Gem
06-10-2015, 08:25 AM
I think the essence of it is to let things be as they are and come to peace with it as it is, and this endeavour is both active and passive. It is active in that it is the impetus for change, and passive in that it is the allowance of change.

umbridge
06-10-2015, 10:00 AM
Hi umbridge

I found one of the biggest learning curves I have gone and go through daily, is learning not to own pain, not to allow my emotional body to become a dictator to my heart.
Ive let myself be held hostage to it on many occasions, its not the feeling of it that I needed to let go of though, it was the thought that is was all I was, without that heart led voice in the background, I can still slip there sometimes, but I try and always get back to the place that is noticing the pain and ask, hold on then, whats that doing!
This kinda allows for a honouring of the pain itself, without the horrendous baggage I added to it, so yes I felt pain, did I need to feel anger though? Or bitter? did I need to constantly add things into it, why wasn't I just feeling heartbreak from loss, so I kinda feel it isn't pain etc that is the emotional bodies captivator, its the mind adding in scenarios and ways to strengthen the justification of the pain.
I think we are often so hard on ourselves, we feel the need to justify the level of pain were going through, which sometimes can make what ultimately is simply pain, into a vendetta for its purpose, but so far yet in hindsight, that road never served me much purpose, except to realise it was a very long and tiring journey, delayed, anxious and confused travelling. Its one of the few things im discovering so far that actually aids me on all levels, practically, spiritually, physically etc
I am finding this exploration a very valuable one so far and as with them all, never ending im sure lol!

So im not sure i feel the mental or mind is stronger than the emotional body, but I do feel with some certainty, that our hearts are :)

Just my thoughts on it!

Loopy

Thanks Loopy:wink: for your thoughts.
Yes, connection to the heart is very important and i am glad that you mentioned that. Now it helps me to see all things in the different light.
Like yeah, I feel bad and sad sometimes but in the long run I am happier if my actions are based on my heart's desires and decisions.

I might feel pain or fear, but I know that its all temporary cuz if I am connected to my heart (my soul) and know that the God or the Creator always wants us the best, wants us to be always moving and not being stuck in one place, emotion, thought or with some people who aren't good for you, then its time to let go. Even if it hurts.

I know what my heart wants me to do, I know my own potential, but its it always means changes..and aren't changes always a lil bit scary?
Saying goodbye to your old way of thinking and feeling...thats what being alive, thats what being awake really is, isn't it? Always ready to let go and expand...

umbridge
06-10-2015, 10:00 AM
I think the essence of it is to let things be as they are and come to peace with it as it is, and this endeavour is both active and passive. It is active in that it is the impetus for change, and passive in that it is the allowance of change.

Beautifully said, Gem! :hug3:

naturesflow
06-10-2015, 10:32 AM
There are things we won't want or are afraid to do in our lives, because it affects too much our emotional wellbeing. We don't want to suffer. And its very normal that we will do things to avoid it. But what if we could let go and expand ourselves?
What if a person who normally hates being alone starts loving time to himself or person who is afraid to trust anyone starts doing it?

Are we victims of our emotional body? Emotional body consists of this life and past lives emotional patterns...are the mental body or the mind stronger than our emotions? I guess it is?

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance

I have let go of fears grip where it doesn't consume me now and hold me back from living life more fully, but there are things that I wont do because I still fear doing them for certain reason, like bungee jumping..

loopylucid
06-10-2015, 12:02 PM
I cant claim to know what being awake is or isnt umbridge, but yeh changes do often present as scary, which is strange cause its just energy transforming, it happens every moment of every day of every year and half the time we barely notice anymore! Like all energy can shift between forms, so much like a wind turbine changes the kinetic energy of air molecules in wind into electricity, or coal uses chemical potential energy trapped in fossil fuels etc, or a sperm energises to life, a seed to a tree etc, if that is the simpler kind of analogy i can use to describe this, then you can begin to wonder considering all life is transformation, since everything weve ever done has involved change, then it's being intrinsic to our nature, its inbuilt, we were born to live as changes almost, and we were given the adaption skills for this, then why do we begin to fear it so much? why dont we trust something that has effortlessley been adapting itself since we were tiny little cells in the womb, and before if you take to the nature of things existing always.
These are the things I often pondered. we are always energy, but we before this were the potential energy being, and upon transitions of changes, become the electricity if you like, or the tree or the being. And within that we can create again and again and again, so we knew how to create changes fearlessely at points in our lives, i began too look back to what happened to alter that and what i discovered personally is that i was scared to trust my heart and this universe, scared to make a mistake, fear led by yeh but what if... and then i came upon a very wise saying which i spent much time with, It is the action of effort not the thought of outcome, where real change occurs, so i spent less time anticipating heart led decisions and more times following them, so busy with them i didnt have the time to think to much, i was just being them, sometimes i still get it confused, I confuse things! heck im human! but when i dont, ive never once been regretful. Even if at first ive wondered, how the heck i ended up here muhahaha!

I dont think its something we feel comfortable with overnight, i think its something we learn to do daily, in each moment, which is essentially just all getting back to our true nature imo.
Sometimes the only thing left to do, is to just do it and see! lol

Loopy

blackraven
06-10-2015, 12:50 PM

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance

umbridge - I think the emotional body as you described serves to protect more emotions that are uncomfortable from emerging. I think that’s the extent of it because in most cases, making change, small or large, doesn’t necessarily cause us physical harm. It’s feelings, ego and exposing ones tender underside to what one may believe is ridicule.

I’ll give an example that I have used before on SF. I avoided family events for many years because I didn’t want to be confronted with an in-law that I had a lot of conflict with (conflict not important). But what was I really doing? Protecting myself from embarrassment, anxiety, inadequacy, judgment and even annoyance for this individual’s lifestyle and arrogance. In my emotional mind it made sense to me to stay away from this individual and thus family events to maintain a sense of peace and balance that I could control. But the balance wasn’t really there. It was an illusion. But the day came that I finally threw caution to the wind and stopped the avoiding. I didn’t die. Sure there was uncomfortable anxiety to some degree, but it dissipated. In the end I was empowered to have taken back myself, that is to come out of hiding.

You asked if the mental body is stronger than our emotions. I suppose that all depends on what you mean by the mental body. The mental body is made up more of thoughts more so than emotions with the emotional body. I think one can easily feed off the other, skewing what is reality. That skewing of reality and the lack of a real threat to the physical body is what often plays out when the mental body has dialogue with the emotional body and back and forth. In order words, it’s hard to get out of ones head.

On the other hand, it’s the mental body of thought processes that if a different course of action is ever going to take place, the emotional body has to somewhat be squelched by the mental body. Thinking an issue through while setting emotions and feelings aside is often the quickest or perhaps only way to find it within oneself to make change and take a different course of action (step out of ones comfort zone).