PDA

View Full Version : What is your Purpose?

chadley
14-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Tell me if you've covered this in another thread and direct me to it if this has already been discussed, but I am curious to know everyone's thoughts on ones purpose in life. Do you believe each individual has one specific purpose that is layed out for them in this lifetime. Perhaps it can take 5 lifetimes to complete a task or if you are an advanced soul you complete 5 different tasks in ones lifetime, or do you believe that there is only one true purpose and that is to be ultimately pure light, be a constant expression of love, have unity with all that is god....so on.

Or..do you believe that as the creater of your reality purpose is irrelevant because you can choose to be anything you want to be? Or is there integration between the two and the purpose is a part of your original intention.

Did you know that cord or hara line that connects you to mother earth both effects and directs intentionality and purpose?

Does one really have a purpose? Whatcha think, y'all. I have my own take on it, but, if you will so enlighten me, I would love to hear all y'all's.

daisy
14-09-2006, 08:23 PM
there's gotta be some reason/purpose to life, the trick is to find it and to stay as happy and fulfilled as you can whilst you're looking for it

chadley
14-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Yes there definitely is a reason we are here, Daisy, there is a reason/purpose to life, no doubt. But my question is specifically, does each person have just one purpose. Are they to search for that one path? Or do you choose that path? What is your purpose on earth in this lifetime, Daisy, do you know what it is, are you looking for it?

Mother Goose
14-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Excellent question, chadley! Hmmmmm....my personal opinion, as of right now, is that my life purpose was decided by my soul before I was born. It is part of the learning process for me to figure out what my purpose is this time around.

I'll be honest though, since reading through Karen Bishop's site that Lapis put up a link to.....I think I'm more confused & frustrated than ever. *sigh*

daisy
14-09-2006, 09:53 PM
i think there are many paths, i think and hope i have found mine, though i'm forever searching, i found it was more a 'calling' than a choice, though i do beleive you can choose your path. it sort of contradicts the possibility that our lives are mapped out by ourselves before we even arrive here though doesn't it, which is also a possibility

BLAIR2BE
14-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Ahhh, The Possibilities, Isnt It Fantasticly Intriging, The Exploration Of Life?!
I Personally Do Not Believe In A Pre Destined Purpose, Persay. But Rather Ones Energy Has Already Been "affected" By Previous Experience, So One May "lean" Towards Certain Life Aspects. Also, I Dont Believe That Life must Have A purpose, But Rather, One Should follow A Path With Heart; And Purposes Will Be Discovered Thru The "walking" Of The Path.

daisy
14-09-2006, 10:37 PM
no i don't think you need a purpose, many people are happy enough just living their lives out, with their jobs and family etc

Glorymist
15-09-2006, 12:34 AM
chadley - - I swear I had a good go-around in this forum about this somewhere - - but I don't remember the exact thread. I'll have to look around a bit first. It might have been on another board.

chadley
15-09-2006, 03:48 AM
chadley - - I swear I had a good go-around in this forum about this somewhere - - but I don't remember the exact thread. I'll have to look around a bit first. It might have been on another board.

Thanks glory, I think the answers to this question reveal a lot about where that person is at.

Enlightener
15-09-2006, 08:33 AM
In truth there is no purpose to life apart from the act of experience. There is no meaning to life as that is left up to you to decide.
Creation and Experience are the only purposes in life.
This is why we are here, this is what we are doing. We are experiencing our highest thought about our grandest idea about Who We Are and in the process by which we do this is called creation. Creation leads to Knowledge and knowing leads Experience and then back to creation in a never ending cycle.

Enlightener

P.S. really tired, sorry if my rambling is incomprehensible :)

developing1
15-09-2006, 09:22 AM
there's gotta be some reason/purpose to life, the trick is to find it and to stay as happy and fulfilled as you can whilst you're looking for it

I believe the soul grows not in the sunshine but in the storm!

sometimes when we're at our deepest and darkest times, the experience is making us much stronger and equipped to help and be of service to others who have been through the same thing

The purpose of everyone's life is to LOVE and be of service to eachother as we're all brothers and sisters and children of our father the great spirit/god

just my opinion

best wishes

Developing1:smile: :icon_eek: :smile:

chadley
15-09-2006, 02:03 PM
I believe the soul grows not in the sunshine but in the storm!

sometimes when we're at our deepest and darkest times, the experience is making us much stronger and equipped to help and be of service to others who have been through the same thing

The purpose of everyone's life is to LOVE and be of service to eachother as we're all brothers and sisters and children of our father the great spirit/god

just my opinion

best wishes

Developing1:smile: :icon_eek: :smile:

ewww....good point, Developing1, I'm trying not to comment because this triggers another question I have that really deserves its own thread and I would like to hear more from people on this one first. Darnit, I can't stop! :icon_eek: .......Developing1's post bring's up the old "Dark night of the soul", Which simply means you must hit rock bottom before you can reach the top. Is it the opinion of the majority of the members that you must suffer to learn? Is suffering inevitable as a part of the process since all have to go through stages of consciousness that are not yet advanced enough to attract or learn by joy? Once past these stages, however, can you not find paths to enlightenment which do not pass jail on the way to Go via Boardwalk? Is the Dark night of the soul necessary in every lifetime?

Ok, Developing1, are you happy, you got me to totally change the subject LOL!

-Chadley Bear.

Glorymist
15-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Enlightener - - if what you say is true - - then in the Huge Picture of Things - - we simply all turn out to be "experience junkies" just like most of us are "material junkies" here in this world.

Does that make sense to you ?? Do you really believe that's all there is to it all ??

Dev1 - - your first two statments are beauties ! ! I like you ! ! :->

Chadley - - what Dev1 has said has nothing to do with the Dark Night of Soul. It is a basic principle that there is no greater purifier and cleanser of Soul than hardship and pain. The Dark Night goes beyond that. In other words - - very few of us ever make real changes unless and until we are backed SO far up against the wall that we have to make *some* desicion just to continue existence. That experience is very rarely pleasant.

Notice - - I didn't say suffering. Living with the pain. Being stubborn in it all to just wallow in the mire and pound away against it all.

I simply said - - hardship and pain - - cleanse and purify. The extent and degree all depends on the individual. If we don't listen - - we shall - - um - - "suffer."

But - - I too - - am trying to stay out of this one a bit. I know I had a huge go-around on this subject somewhere - - with someone good - - like - - kundalini or peteyzen or dreamer or someone of high caliber. It might have been on another board - - so - - I might have to jump into this one again.

Few people know what the true purpose of Soul is. They accept it to be somewhat like enlighener does. But - - if you look at it all - - experience is cheap and easy. What we DO with it all - - now - - *that's* another issue altogether.

Get the picture ??

:->

chadley
15-09-2006, 06:32 PM
yes, yes, very good. I read into Dev1's statement as you did. It just sparked the subject of the Dark night of the soul in my brain. I didn't necessarily mean that was exactly what he was talking about, it just reminded me that I was interested in bringing up the subject. I should have shown the restraint to bring it up as a separate thread. Is there a post that concerns the Dark night of the soul in this forum that anyone is aware of?

Alright alright...lets get back to the original "purpose" :wink: of this thread. While glorymist searches for a past thread for me. (I like to keep her busy), does any else have comments that pertain to one's purpose?

daisy
15-09-2006, 08:40 PM
i've had my share of dark nights, that is why i see the sun in every situation now or try to anyway

tiltjlp
16-09-2006, 12:41 AM
Beyond the general purposes of personal and spiritual growth, yes, we can have purposes in life. And yes, we can have more than one, and more than one at a time, in my opinion. Close to 35 years ago, I was in a coma, not expected to live, and had what I believe was a NDE, but not the kind you often read about. My mother, who had died three years earlier, and who I did not have a good relationship with, visited my bed side. She told me I wouldn't die, because my purpose in life had not been fulfilled. Three days later I woke up, and during my recovery time, I began studying world belief systems, rather than religion, which I had rejected ten years earlier.

Twelve years later my father suffered a massive stroke, and since I had never married, and never had left home, I was able to care for him. Otherwise he would have ended up in a nursing home, since my brother's responsibilities wouldn't have allowed him or his wife to care for dad. That to me was clearly the life purpose I needed to fulfill.

In the 11 years since my father died, I've grown both personally and spiritually. I see my purposes in life as helping run another spiritual site, and running Word By Word, my site for inspirational poetry. So, yes, we do have to discover our purpose in life, which if nothing else, should involve helping others grow spiritually.

John

chadley
16-09-2006, 02:17 AM
Beyond the general purposes of personal and spiritual growth, yes, we can have purposes in life. And yes, we can have more than one, and more than one at a time, in my opinion. Close to 35 years ago, I was in a coma, not expected to live, and had what I believe was a NDE, but not the kind you often read about. My mother, who had died three years earlier, and who I did not have a good relationship with, visited my bed side. She told me I wouldn't die, because my purpose in life had not been fulfilled. Three days later I woke up, and during my recovery time, I began studying world belief systems, rather than religion, which I had rejected ten years earlier.

Twelve years later my father suffered a massive stroke, and since I had never married, and never had left home, I was able to care for him. Otherwise he would have ended up in a nursing home, since my brother's responsibilities wouldn't have allowed him or his wife to care for dad. That to me was clearly the life purpose I needed to fulfill.

In the 11 years since my father died, I've grown both personally and spiritually. I see my purposes in life as helping run another spiritual site, and running Word By Word, my site for inspirational poetry. So, yes, we do have to discover our purpose in life, which if nothing else, should involve helping others grow spiritually.

John

this is the type of resoponse I was looking for, thank you John.

e-ma
16-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Well.. I don't have an experience as clear as John's, but I feel that I do have a certain path to tread. I was incredibly depressed and uncomfortable in my own skin, struggling against everything for years. A few years ago I decided to exorcise my demons by getting a high pressure corporate job and proving myself to the world - I thought that it would kill or cure me. I started to grow and become this incredibly different person - changing from laid-back creative type to intellectual, hard-edged businessperson. In the end I had a massive nervous breakdown and locked myself in the house, suicidal for about six months. Now I'm recovering, have had a spiritual awakening and am going back to my old self. It's crazy - I have reverted back to the exact person that I was before I decided to go on that massive journey. It was like I tried so hard and went so far to create another persona over those years, and now I've just shed it off again. That taught me a lot about nature I guess.

e-ma
16-09-2006, 09:46 AM
p.s: I don't feel quite wise enough yet to know what my purpose is.

tiltjlp
16-09-2006, 01:46 PM
p.s: I don't feel quite wise enough yet to know what my purpose is.

e-ma, I think what is considered wisdom is merely experience gained from being lucky enough to learn from a lifetime of mistakes. Sometimes it seems like I've made more mistakes than anyone in the history of the world, many of the same ones time and again so they would sink in my thick skull. So now some people think I'm wise, simply because I've lived long enough to have gone through the same things they're bothered with now.

It's a shame you suffered so to get back to your starting point. I have an idea that our individual life purposes might simply be to use whatever God given talents we have the best we can. Too often we look outward when we should focus inward.

John

dreamer
16-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Nice post and wise advice John.

Maarkandeya
17-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Perhaps I am reading too much into what Enlightener has said, but my sense is that there is a very important insight there. What is the purpose of an ordinary dream when viewed from the perspective of the dreamer? Is the answer to this question different when viewed from the perspective of one of the dream-objects?

(I am sure that many of you are fully aware that sages have often compared the process of life to the dream/"awakening" process.)

e-ma
18-09-2006, 07:31 PM
e-ma, I think what is considered wisdom is merely experience gained from being lucky enough to learn from a lifetime of mistakes. Sometimes it seems like I've made more mistakes than anyone in the history of the world, many of the same ones time and again so they would sink in my thick skull. So now some people think I'm wise, simply because I've lived long enough to have gone through the same things they're bothered with now.

It's a shame you suffered so to get back to your starting point. I have an idea that our individual life purposes might simply be to use whatever God given talents we have the best we can. Too often we look outward when we should focus inward.

John

Thanks for the food-for-thought John.

:sunny:

chadley
18-09-2006, 09:00 PM
How about a self prescribed pre-destined purpose? Meaning before incarnation, you decided to lay out your highest purpose for this incarnation. When you are not in aligment with your purpose, and thus act destructively, you experience pain, not just physically but emotionally and mentally. When you are in alignment with your purpose, you experience joy and prosperity and health. Before your incarnation, you knew the most efficient process to learn the next set of lessons whether old or new. And, so you manifest a body and circumstance that is perfect to effectively acheive the completion of these life lessons. There is a reason I am using the word incarnation and not life time. I have heard it said that it is possible to complete and fulfill one's initial purpose and actually experience what is refered to as a re-incarnation in the same lifetime. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

This is not necessarily my opinion or description, but AN opinion or discription. Hear of it? Does it ring any bells with anyone? Care to comment?

Enlightener
26-10-2006, 11:13 AM
Enlightener - - if what you say is true - - then in the Huge Picture of Things - - we simply all turn out to be "experience junkies" just like most of us are "material junkies" here in this world.

Does that make sense to you ?? Do you really believe that's all there is to it all ??

Lol, I guess you could say we are experience junkies, spiritually. I think we have many purposes in Life and YOUR purpose is whatever you choose it to be, it is all relative.
I was just trying to say that the reason that we are here, on this earthly plane, is to experience. Experience whatever we wish, whatever we choose to create.
I was in no way saying that that is All There Is in regards to purpose, as I just said, your purpose is whatever you want it to be.

Enlightener

GoldChord
26-10-2006, 03:05 PM
Chadley,

Your narrative/opinion aligns with what I understand the process to be - that we decide our path in spirit before we return to earth. Our objective is to learn and continue learning through incarnations or lifetimes or whatever you call it. We select our parents and what we want to take with us when we arrive so that we can learn what we need to learn to continue evolving - we experience difficulty when we are not following the path we decided to walk before we arrived on this plane but sometimes we experience difficulty because we are walking the right path as this is what we have chosen - because there is something we need to learn from it.

Take care.

QUE_KAKASHI
27-10-2006, 12:12 AM
my purpose is to share the burden of others....and comfort those in need of it...

BLAIR2BE
27-10-2006, 01:46 AM
a wise fish never goes anywhere without a porpoise....

daisy
27-10-2006, 08:25 AM
my purpose is to share the burden of others....and comfort those in need of it...

you are one great guy i'd love a chat with you sometime:wink:

daisy
27-10-2006, 08:26 AM
a wise fish never goes anywhere without a porpoise....
i've not heard that one before blair lol

rose
27-10-2006, 11:20 AM
gerald manley hopkins always springs to mind when i hear the words "dark night of the soul". he is a jesuit poet i always identified with...especially with my catholic upbringing.

his poems resonate with me and our purpose. he wrote about the mundane things in life with awe and saw beauty in everything. he experienced dark lows of doubt and isolation when the magnitude of his tasks and journey grew too much for him.

to me his poems sum it up. we learn and grow through both beauty and light and love...and also the depths and dark and lonliness. neither alone.

maybe in one lifetime we can move forward through many lessons in both. maybe others swing like a pendulum for where they learn from extremes in each lifetime.

but buddhism has taught me to learn through love. my catholic upbringing taught me about learning through austerity. i tend to go for the former these days. i regret nothing though. i am grateful for all i have learnt. both the nights of hell and the days of heaven.

but to me at the moment...my belief is the heart should speak louder than anything in order to move forward spiritually.

Enlightener
27-10-2006, 12:57 PM
My purpose....hmmm, i think it is to evolve spiritually and enlighten others in the process, that is what I desire to do in this life.

Enlightener

Enlightener
27-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUE_KAKASHI

you are one great guy i'd love a chat with you sometime

Woooooooooooooooooh!

Why don't you just marry him?
You guys could date online and then have mad cyber-sex, and then Daisy could give birth to little Tamagotchi's

Enlightener (ROFL)

daisy
27-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Woooooooooooooooooh!

Why don't you just marry him?
You guys could date online and then have mad cyber-sex, and then Daisy could give birth to little Tamagotchi's

Enlightener (ROFL)

i'm saving myself for you sweetie pie, we'll have little 'daisylights' with razor sharp wit:tongue:

Dean
31-10-2006, 10:49 PM
I think our purpose it living as lovingly, forgiving and positively as possible, turning inward and changing our minds and attitudes towards life rather than an external struggle. I think it's about finding this place and moving with it as much discipline as possible

Dean, 33, Cape Town, South Africa..

amy green
09-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Excellent thread Chadley - I thought of doing same! My experience/beliefs on this were shaped in my mid 20's when I had 3 near death encounters (co-starring mushroom poisoning, a house fire and drowning!! - go figure). They left me feeling that I must still be here for a reason ... (and I certainly appreciate waking up each day). However, my purpose has baffled me. Although I've pursued interests, have never had an ambition/goal as such. Often felt my life is for the benefit of others - fine but low-key, not driven.

Maybe our fate/life's purpose can co-exist with our freewill. Perhaps, like astrology, our 'fate' isn't hard-wired but indicates tendencies/probable selves? Of course we create meaning/purpose but I like to think there may be a broader 'plan' for us - the obvious one being to achieve greater enlightenment.

Your self-prescribed/predestined idea is intriguing (that if we're not in alignment with our higher purpose we suffer). Certainly suffering is about learning but we can learn/progress through observation and by making choices also....

dreamer
09-11-2006, 04:35 PM
I think you know when your fulfilling your purpose by when you are fulfilled in what you are doing. To be fulfilled in what you are doing takes a knowledge of how to use the mind to manifest what will really bring you fulfillment. To know your purpose imagine yourself totally content and enthused by life, your purpose is to get to that point. Keep the image in mind and it will come to you if you are open to receiving it, and grateful as it comes along. The purpose is to find fulfillment for everyone, although the route to fulfillment is different for everyone the goal is the same, and its not as difficult to achieve as you might think....

developing1
10-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Tell me if you've covered this in another thread and direct me to it if this has already been discussed, but I am curious to know everyone's thoughts on ones purpose in life. Do you believe each individual has one specific purpose that is layed out for them in this lifetime. Perhaps it can take 5 lifetimes to complete a task or if you are an advanced soul you complete 5 different tasks in ones lifetime, or do you believe that there is only one true purpose and that is to be ultimately pure light, be a constant expression of love, have unity with all that is god....so on.

Or..do you believe that as the creater of your reality purpose is irrelevant because you can choose to be anything you want to be? Or is there integration between the two and the purpose is a part of your original intention.

Did you know that cord or hara line that connects you to mother earth both effects and directs intentionality and purpose?

Does one really have a purpose? Whatcha think, y'all. I have my own take on it, but, if you will so enlighten me, I would love to hear all y'all's.

Hi Chadley!

I've been told that we're put on this earth in the place/family where we can do the most good, also there's the fact that we all have lessons to learn for our souls ascention, and not forgetting the universal law of Karma, so to sum up I think the purpose of our lives is a mixture of theses things and to awaken ourselves spiritualy whilst on this earthplane, as I believe to be unawakened spiritualy during your earthly exsistence is to be compared to being physically deaf or dumb!

Also, as you pointed out in the above post we're to aspire to be pure love and give selfless service to others whilst on this earthplane aswell

just my thoughts!

best wishes

developing1:wink: :hug3:

amy green
11-11-2006, 02:43 PM
I think you know when your fulfilling your purpose by when you are fulfilled in what you are doing. To be fulfilled in what you are doing takes a knowledge of how to use the mind to manifest what will really bring you fulfillment. To know your purpose imagine yourself totally content and enthused by life, your purpose is to get to that point. Keep the image in mind and it will come to you if you are open to receiving it, and grateful as it comes along. The purpose is to find fulfillment for everyone, although the route to fulfillment is different for everyone the goal is the same, and its not as difficult to achieve as you might think....
Is fulfillment and our purpose the same thing? Your exercise for finding fulfillment is fine, but using the mind for this entails the ego (I know you hate me using that word Dreamer, sorry) plus it might be a case of "it's not what you want it's what you need"?...

I've since realised our purpose is not the same thing as ambition/having a goal since the latter is about self/ego not our soul. I think following our intuition, what feels right, might be a better route to finding our purpose but am not hung up on this - not sure we can always know this.

chadley
13-11-2006, 05:21 AM
The term, "purpose" can be defined in many ways, but mostly by exactly how broad a scope you are using when discussing it. There is the ultimate purpose, which is to become one with god in all ways by a total surrender of all resistance, or to be nothing but a pure expression of love. This is the destination that all of our lifetimes are headed for. Magnify the idea of purpose to isolate only one lifetime, and you can see a specific purpose for it as well. In fact, by this process, you can magnify to such an extreme that you find purpose in even the most infinitesimal occurances from a purpose or reason that you are late for work or even why every leaf falls from a tree. The universe is a precise instrument that validates the old cliche, "everything happens for a reason". In truth, it does. Purpose exists for everything on all levels from the reason why you stubbed your toe to the reason you had a great day at work. However, when I originally opened this thread, I intended to eventually come back to the specific reason/purpose/plan behind what it is that you are here to do in this lifetime.

Just as every single being in this universe is completely unique, so is that being's purpose. Your highest purpose known by your devine mind is not ambiguous, it is perfect and clearly defined. And before you can get from A (total unconsciousness) to Z (total enlightenment), You must first pass through all of the letters of the alphabet. No matter if you are going from B to C or X to Y, your higher self knows the quickest and most efficient way to get from one to the other. It knows the best way your unique individuality can be expressed for this lifetime. Every single person on this planet is living out their purpose right now. It is not a matter of finding it, you already have, rather, it is a matter of executing it at the highest level of consciousness possible. A bum on the streets and a drug dealer are both living according to their purpose, just at a much lower level of consciousness. This is often why those who make dramatic leaps in consciousness often come from humble or desperate circumstances. It is because through this elevation of consciousness, they have discovered the purpose behind their original circumstances.

Dreamer's suggestion is very good, but it should be noted that in manifesting your conception of what fulfillment is you do so within the limitations of your current understand of what exactly fulfillment is. When you manifest without wisdom, you amplify the karmic lessons layed before you in your life. In this way, it is important to be very careful of what you set out to create.

Fulfillment is not the same thing as purpose, but it is a precipitant of it along with abundance, joy and creativity. To define, focus, discover and live your purpose IS the purpose. The higher you raise your consciousness, the more obvious it will be. When you truly discover your purpose, manifestation becomes effortless and almost unnecessary because the action of living your divine purpose unleashes the fountainhead of creativity itself. Which approach has more wisdom, to say, "I must create money in my life so that I am able to free myself from attachments like jobs that prevent me from focusing on what truly makes me happy", or, "No matter my circumstances, I will look inward to reveal my inner purpose first and then all my surroundings will naturally resolve to match the harmony of the peace I have already unlocked within"? Whenever you manifest the external, you only create more potential attachments. It is more important that you discover that you are the creator with unlimited potential to manifest, than it is to try and use manifestation as a crutch to carry you towards enlightenment or fulfillment. As I hope you already know, it will not. The purpose behind all that is external is only a reflection and thus creating more of it only increases the intensity of the self-designed holographic model you have in front of you.

You may ask, how do I find my purpose? How does pre-destination and free will fit in? do I have many purposes? Can I change the one I have if I want to?

You have one purpose and your ego aint gunna like it. To the mind, only having one purpose implies a pre-destined plan that takes them out of control and choice. But it is only your divine mind that understands the perfection in this plan. Your free will determines whether or not and to what extent you follow your divine intent. Match your divine intent with your free will and walla! you have your purpose. There is no need for a plan B when plan A is absolutely flawless and perfect for YOU specifically. After all, it is YOU who choose it. Thus, your destiny is self created by your free will giving you absolute total control over it. Was it your destiny to become a priest? Yes, if this outcome specifically matches your current level of consciousness. But a priest is not completely free is he/she? It is still a limited position, but only limited by one's own consciousness. Is it your purpose to be a psychic reader? Maybe, but is this not also a limited position? Is it truly liberating to read and subject your self to the lower energies of the ego's of your clients? Do you have the energy at the end of a day of looking outward at others to then turn inward and look at yourself? Your soul's prime directive is to work on self so that the result of unlocking your creative force benefits man kind by default. It is not the other way around, you will not find god through service. Service is the result of unveiling god within yourself. Do you grind your teeth when you drop your tithing in the collection tray at church? If so, you would have been better off not giving at all so that you do not attach negative emotion to act of tithing. All actions in alignment with your highest purpose will always bring you inner joy. Do you see the difference? It is not giving that is important, but the desire to give. Therefore, the recipient of the gift benefits from the reverse side of the equation.

Nuff said for now,

Chadley.

dreamer
13-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Hey Chadley, sorry I didn't read all of your post above (cos it was a bit long for my short attention span, sorry) but one thing stuck me - maybe if you make this lifes purpose the ultimate purpose this life becomes the last life you need to live in this way we live it now? Like you break the cycle of life and death, it justb becomes one long flow of life and vitality, Jesus was quite clear saying that if you persevere nothing can stop you achieving "eternal life". Also the highest purpose as you described it necessarily covers all other possible purposes you could have, if you do the highest purpose correctly there is no need to think about anything else . Just a thought.

tiltjlp
13-11-2006, 12:58 PM
How about a self prescribed pre-destined purpose? Meaning before incarnation, you decided to lay out your highest purpose for this incarnation. When you are not in aligment with your purpose, and thus act destructively, you experience pain, not just physically but emotionally and mentally. When you are in alignment with your purpose, you experience joy and prosperity and health. Before your incarnation, you knew the most efficient process to learn the next set of lessons whether old or new. And, so you manifest a body and circumstance that is perfect to effectively acheive the completion of these life lessons. There is a reason I am using the word incarnation and not life time. I have heard it said that it is possible to complete and fulfill one's initial purpose and actually experience what is refered to as a re-incarnation in the same lifetime. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

This is not necessarily my opinion or description, but AN opinion or discription. Hear of it? Does it ring any bells with anyone? Care to comment?

While I think souls may plan or choose the major theme or highlights of its next reincarnation, I don't buy into the idea that everything is pre-ordained. That would preclude the need to learn any lessons, which is the only reason for reincarnation, IMNSHO. I also have an idea that we learn lessons from enduring hard times, which may explain why change seldom comes easily.

As for reincarnating twice in a lifetime, I've never heard of that concept before. As far as I know, you have to die before you can reincarnate, so no, I wouldn't think you could double up. Buy one, get one free probably only works as a marketing ploy.

John

chadley
13-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Your right dreamer, accomplishing your highest purpose will eliminate the reason for reincarnation. To bad it isn't as easy as a walk in the park, ay? Oh and sorry about the length of my last post, that is why I kind of stopped in mid-thought.

tiltjlp, thank you, I was waiting for that response. Gosh, the ego sure hates to feel like it is out of control doesn't it. And I bet it is not pleasant to be told that your response is egoic, I apologize. To understand how pre-ordained destiny works, you need to remember how the variable of TIME works in relation to above and below. When your soul chooses your purpose it does so in an instant, it is already done. There is no time "up there", only down here. Ultimately there is only one purpose and as it is set into motion by the soul, it may take myriads of lifetimes to unfold on the physical plane. Your actions every day reflect that purpose at the specific level of consciousness you are operating out of at that time. And, since there are infinite levels of consciousness, your experience as the result of your choices will result in an infinite amount of karmic effects which are specific to your choices.

A pre-ordained purpose is only undesirable if someone else is ordaining it. However, in one of the most magnificant twists of life, we eventually discover that we are co-creators and we are the ones who ordain. Pre-ordained destiny is only a description of the slow process by which our purpose unfolds. At soul level there is no PRE- anything. Think about it, why would there be a need to change this one plan? Who do you think has your highest good in mind, your soul or your mind? That question should be the easiest one you get all day.

The fact that your destiny can be described on the levels where time exists as pre-ordained does not get you out of your lessons. In fact, your life lessons are the exact result of your choices which you make that are not in alignment with your highest purpose. The more pain and disruption that you create in your life, the more you can be sure your choices are not the same as your soul's intent. There is no doubt hard times are always there with the specific purpose to teach us. However, they are absolutely not necessary! This brings us back to what dreamer said when he quoted Christ. We need not suffer, as suffering is only the indication that we are NOT learning the lessons brought before us.

If there is one thing I can assure you of, it is that you have a singular purpose for the specific lifetime you are living right now. Whenever the thought crosses your mind that some things cannot be explained to perfection, it is only your ego's resistance to the fact that "it" doesn't understand what that is. Are you saying to yourself, "But Chadley, how can you know this for sure? Is this just an educated guess? Why should I believe you?" Do not believe anything, discover! experience! What I am telling you about purpose is a discovery not an opinion. Let me tell you about another one of the magnificant twists of life, you can discover everything! You can transend belief and as a result, KNOW.

John, look at your statement,

"As far as I know, you have to die before you can reincarnate, so no, I wouldn't think you could double up. Buy one, get one free probably only works as a marketing ploy."

I will not go into the specifics of reincarnation in the same lifetime as it has less relevance than the current topic but I would ask you, why would you think "no" wen you don't.... know? You will have a lot longer journey down the path if you try and discover by "thinking". The mind is a very dull tool when trying to unlock the secrets of the universe in comparison to the process of discovery by not thinking.

Do you want to know how to find your one purpose, your soul's intention? Only if anyone is interested, I will tell you. But since experience is not transferable, the only way you will be able to find it is to recognize the truth within the statement that you have one singular unchanging purpose for this specific lifetime. There are a few more requirements as well. You will need to acknowledge that I know something that you do not and it may be difficult to look past the perceived arrogance of that statement. You must also have the true desire to find your purpose because like with anything of spiritual desire, you must sacrifice physical, mental and emotional attachments to achieve it. And that is always to the toughest part, because it requires the act of surrender.

Chadley.

dreamer
13-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Its maybe easier to think about what you would really love to do, what would you really love to create, like you say we are co creators so lets create beauty, life and vitality, once you realise the power you hold it becomes pointless to do anything else and easy to start looking at what is possible rather than what has been.

chadley
13-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Dreamer, it is not enough to only create. We must also achieve the wisdom that will guide us to create the right thing.

dreamer
13-11-2006, 05:02 PM
When you really get to grips with the fact that you can create anything, you soon start searching for things that bring real value to your life....theres only so many material things you can get through before it all becomes a bit boring....is this the wisdom you mean.

chadley
13-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Yes Dreamer, That works. Most, who create wealth, for example, to achieve happiness take a very long time to get board with it since material things often serve to cover up the real issues that prevent success in achieving happiness. Instead, some manifest more and more wealth and when this doesn't work at its most extreme, they either assume fulfillment is not possible or hopeful seek it out in other areas. It takes wisdom to know not only what things, situations, emotions to create, but also to do so in a balanced method. Your higher self already understands this perfect balance, this magic formula that is suited to you specifically. This is why it knows best when developing your purpose in life.

cweiters
13-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Since my highest self is the true formula to eternity, why woulld I need any other pupose, than to be that expression of Love & Light which can direct me to the ultimate unity, harmony, love and light. The place I like to call Heaven.

While I continue to live as the eternal person I'am already, knowing the benifits of my higher self will manifest all my powers, abilities and talent to its maximum potential not only for me, but others aswell. Suppose each one of us keep increasing the power level and the meaning of higher self. Even if I'm not a singer my voice will sound so sweet in harmony with many other singers. Maybe, more = more power = higher level of self = we are one power forever... This is just how I feel about purpose.

Love
cw

has the unity and harmony Tell me if you've covered this in another thread and direct me to it if this has already been discussed, but I am curious to know everyone's thoughts on ones purpose in life. Do you believe each individual has one specific purpose that is layed out for them in this lifetime. Perhaps it can take 5 lifetimes to complete a task or if you are an advanced soul you complete 5 different tasks in ones lifetime, or do you believe that there is only one true purpose and that is to be ultimately pure light, be a constant expression of love, have unity with all that is god....so on.

dreamer
14-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Yes Dreamer, That works. Most, who create wealth, for example, to achieve happiness take a very long time to get board with it since material things often serve to cover up the real issues that prevent success in achieving happiness. Instead, some manifest more and more wealth and when this doesn't work at its most extreme, they either assume fulfillment is not possible or hopeful seek it out in other areas. It takes wisdom to know not only what things, situations, emotions to create, but also to do so in a balanced method. Your higher self already understands this perfect balance, this magic formula that is suited to you specifically. This is why it knows best when developing your purpose in life.

I disagree, anyone who really understands the principles will always gravitate towards attracting the highest good. Its like saying to someone, you can have any dream you want, if you realise you have this power you will try different things until you find the best dream to have and it soon becomes apparent how limiting yourself to second best just makes no sense.

chadley
14-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Dreamer, are you really saying that all that truly understand the principles of attracting wealth will always do so for their highest good? This is easily disproved by example. Most who have financial wealth are often unbalanced and unhappy because they rely on this wealth to generate happiness.

Dreamer, understanding the principles is not enough. The law of attraction is but one law of many, it is not the only relevant law. By this law alone, you will not find enlightenment, and knowing the principles of the law will not automatically facilitate the widsom it takes to use it correctly. Using the law consciously will always attract our highest good as defined by our present level of consciousness only. Thus, it is limited to your present definitions. Do you truly believe that you even know what your highest good in its entirety is as defined by your soul, your higher self or the divine mind? Sure you may know bits and pieces as you slowly put together the puzzle of our existance, however, I doubt you would exclaim that you have all of those pieces, I sure wouldn't. As a result, using the law of attraction can only amplify our present understanding, with it the divine and the unaligned. This has great value, but once fully achieved you only find out that using attraction is not enough, you must attract not what you think will make you happy, but rather, what your soul knows will make you happy.

The best dream is a wonderful dream, but the paradox of it is that at its highest level, after true enlightenment, creation is not even necessary as all that has relevance has already been created. Creation's sole purpose is to lay in front of you that which already exists within. However, to really find that place of inner peice and enlightenment, you must let go of all these things leaving only the light that you are and as a result your only reflection is that light. Creation becomes an unnecessary action. Action, becomes unnecesary. Nothing becomes necessary.

Chadley.

cweiters
14-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Chadley, I believe man do not posess the power of creation, humans can only invent things using all of what the creator has already provided us with. I also believe to be a creator One must posess the ability to create something original out of absolutly nothing, not using anything the creator has already provide. Man do not posess this knowledge at present time the power of creation belongs to God only. We are great inventors in my opinon...the spirit within has the unlimited knowledge of creation yet still is unable to be a creator.

Love
cw

BLAIR2BE
14-11-2006, 11:56 PM
HMMM, can man then, manifest?? manifestation can be seen as the same as creation. to manifest one's own reality through thought, integrity, action, affirmation, will, etc. is this not the creation of "god" as well?? does god create through thought, action, will?? when one manifests a happy existance in this material plane, one is manifesting this from thought, from an initial thought and will, not through wood and metal; not "inventing" some thing; but creating existance!! "the power of creation belongs to god only"; well,... what is god cweiters??
one creates ones own existance: this is provable. that said, if god is "A GOD" then what does "god" do that we do not do??

kundalini
15-11-2006, 01:45 AM
Co-creation is the keyword here...

cweiters
15-11-2006, 01:47 AM
Blai2be, manifestation is a state of materialization based on something that already exist. How can the human mind manifest something he has not knowledge whatsoever about?
Invention, manifestation is all the same to me. I believe the image of God lives within me, An image is a mere reflection of God, therefore I am not God, or a Creator. All of my manifestations are based on my earthly knowledge, think about it. If I continue to listen to that Godly image within myself and others, What does God do that I can not do? (I believe God created the heavens and the Earth this is something man can not do).If I listen, I will understand many secrets of the universe what I do with the understanding is in the heart of each indiviual person, this is why I remain teachable.

Love
cw

HMMM, can man then, manifest?? manifestation can be seen as the same as creation. to manifest one's own reality through thought, integrity, action, affirmation, will, etc. is this not the creation of "god" as well?? does god create through thought, action, will?? when one manifests a happy existance in this material plane, one is manifesting this from thought, from an initial thought and will, not through wood and metal; not "inventing" some thing; but creating existance!! "the power of creation belongs to god only"; well,... what is god cweiters??
one creates ones own existance: this is provable. that said, if god is "A GOD" then what does "god" do that we do not do??

kundalini
15-11-2006, 01:49 AM
*cough* CO-CREATOR

cweiters
15-11-2006, 02:02 AM
I buy that for a million...

Love
cw

*cough* CO-CREATOR

BLAIR2BE
15-11-2006, 02:05 AM
LOL, right co-creation!! pardon me.

well, "god" "creates" stuff that "he" has full knowledge of (notice the quotations), do you agree cweiters?? that there is no unknown to "god"??
well, i create my reality based on what i have full knowledge of. do you see the paralels?? my reality of happiness or unhappiness is not constructed of calculators, cars, the wheel, or any other invented "thing". my reality is of sheer experience, awareness, thought, etc; things that are not physical, are not material "inventions". they are "creations" of my own 'or', existance that i experience through choice and action (which, to me, are the basis of "godly" creation- choice first, then action)

BLAIR2BE
15-11-2006, 02:09 AM
so, to you, WHAT is god?? and where is god?? what realm does god exist, will we ever join god, how why when? ect....??

kundalini
15-11-2006, 02:17 AM
Well, we are all an expression of God and through us God creates, so therefore we are co-creators...

Kundalini.

BLAIR2BE
15-11-2006, 02:21 AM
thanks kundalini, thats what ive been muddeling around, sort of. simply put, and true.
what do you think cweiters??

cweiters
15-11-2006, 02:27 AM
Okay Blair2be here is my neck.....To me God is everything at all times at the same time, God is everywhere at all times and at the same time, only God can exist in all Realms at the same time because time is not relative to God his omnivigance is unsearchable in my opinon. Only in spirit am I one with the image from which I came. I must remember as Kundalini as stated I am Co............mpany of God. For this I am truly grateful and blessed.

Love
cw

so, to you, WHAT is god?? and where is god?? what realm does god exist, will we ever join god, how why when? ect....??

kundalini
15-11-2006, 02:29 AM
That's a good post CW.

Kundalini.

cweiters
15-11-2006, 02:39 AM
Thank you Kundalini I just know what is in my heart. I Love God........and all his creations.That's a good post CW.

Kundalini.

BLAIR2BE
15-11-2006, 02:43 AM
ok cweiters, i agree with you on this. though i do not quite understand your view, that mankind cannot create. it seems that if god is all things (i believe this) then god does not create, god simply IS and all aspects of god simply ARE. and we experience what is; as our awareness of what IS grows, so does our knowledge of god and the "workings" of existance . but, creation, to me, is an initial thought/will and then action upon that thought, thus creating an experience, creating an existance, (god is in all this, god is the thought, god is the energy that is the action) (thus co-creation). i dont mean to be argumentative (and im sure this post will be quite unclear to others, sorry). but im sure the basis of what you are saying is likely in accord with my own views. just trying to get to the proverbial bottom of it.

cweiters
15-11-2006, 03:29 AM
To say we are co-creators is to say all of God's creation are co-creators. God can create without us, yet on the other hand can we create without God? I must remember the source from which all knowlegde come from. I learn from everyone, thank you Blair2be for allowing me the oppotunity to express my deepest love and unshakeable belief in God. I like the name co-creator too Kundalini, I feel I can grow with being co-okay-creator. Kinda hard for me to put myself in such a glorified state of being still I remain teachable.

Love
cw

thanks kundalini, thats what ive been muddeling around, sort of. simply put, and true.
what do you think cweiters??

BLAIR2BE
15-11-2006, 03:37 AM
ahh, all of "gods creations" with soul and counsiousness...

side note* is there creation at all, or, is everything that could be created already in existence, "waiting" to be recognized/discovered?? when one becomes aware of a facet of existence, has it just been created or simply yet to be discovered??

chadley
15-11-2006, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=cweiters]Blai2be, manifestation is a state of materialization based on something that already exist. How can the human mind manifest something he has not knowledge whatsoever about?
Invention, manifestation is all the same to me. I believe the image of God lives within me, An image is a mere reflection of God, therefore I am not God, or a Creator. All of my manifestations are based on my earthly knowledge, think about it. If I continue to listen to that Godly image within myself and others, What does God do that I can not do? (I believe God created the heavens and the Earth this is something man can not do).If I listen, I will understand many secrets of the universe what I do with the understanding is in the heart of each indiviual person, this is why I remain teachable.

Okay Blair2be here is my neck.....To me God is everything at all times at the same time, God is everywhere at all times and at the same time, only God can exist in all Realms at the same time because time is not relative to God his omnivigance is unsearchable in my opinon. Only in spirit am I one with the image from which I came. I must remember as Kundalini as stated I am Co............mpany of God. For this I am truly grateful and blessed. [QUOTE]

oh boy, when I finished by last post I was walking out to my car and I said to myself, "I wonder if I should have been more specific with the distinction between creation and manifestation. cw, I like your definitions a lot. It is true that what happens "down here" has a lot more to do with manifestation than creation. You are right, we are inventing and manifesting. It is true, all has been created already, creation is actually already done, or more acurately already IS. The understanding of this can be paralleled to the TIME value concept I mentioned in regards to PRE-destination. Creation can be said to exist above time and duality and manifestation occurs withing it and can be said to be creation brought into form in ones own individual world. But in the end, precise definitions are really not that relevant and you often find that you are talking about the same thing. I think this is evident with cw and blairs conversation.

CW, I really agree with what you say about god and manifestation, with one exception. And that is your implied separation of god from individual. In fact, you not only imply it but you outright say it with your description of human's as individuals only being in god's image. One of the most important things I have discovered on my journey is that the expansion of truth leads to oneness. As we widen our understanding of the truth, we see how all is connected not only physical to physical, spiritual to spiritual, but physical to spiritual as well. At first, the saying, "we are all one" sounds like a trite little phrase you hear from "new age" people all the time. Until, you find out, holy ****, its true. CW, you yourself even say, "God is everywhere at all times and at the same time". This is true, god is the sum total of it all including you, us and all. We are direct aspects of god, not reflections, not merely images. So, you are right, WE are not god, All is god, and as a result each one of us has one of the infinite individual sparks that make up god. As such, we, at our core, share all that god is and increase our likeness to god as we increase the vibration of our consciousness. Is the smallest branch on a tree any less of a tree then its trunk? This is the manor in which we are connected to god. I can tell you without a doubt and not from thinking but knowing, we exist, you exist on all levels of reality, all realms, planes, dimensions, not just god.

Now, that said, I want to try and steer the conversation back to the original subject, PURPOSE!

Cw, you ask, "Since my highest self is the true formula to eternity, why woulld I need any other pupose, than to be that expression of Love & Light which can direct me to the ultimate unity, harmony, love and light. The place I like to call Heaven."

This is the purpose for all lives as I mentioned initially. Yes, in the end, we seek to be a pure expression of love and light. CW, you word it exactly as I do and have. However, is understanding what must happen in the end enough? You ask Why would you need any other purpose? CW, how do you get to this state of being a pure expression of love? Do you just decide to do this and it is done? Of course not! You must take the journey one step at a time. The path to enlightenment is one that takes eons to complete. Does a football team's coach tell his players before the season even starts that they most prepare for the superbowl? No, they don't even know which team they will be playing so it is more practical that they focus on one game at a time. This is analigous to our journey in earth school. We know that we will eventually need to graduate, but first we take one class, one grade at a time. Each class you take is taken for the same purpose, to eventually get your degree. And each class in turn has its own purpose to help you take that next step towards graduation. The purpose of your current incarnation is just like this, it has the same intention as your final purpose, but you first must learn the specific lessons within it alone before you can move on.

Chadley.

dreamer
15-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Dreamer, are you really saying that all that truly understand the principles of attracting wealth will always do so for their highest good? This is easily disproved by example. Most who have financial wealth are often unbalanced and unhappy because they rely on this wealth to generate happiness.

Dreamer, understanding the principles is not enough. The law of attraction is but one law of many, it is not the only relevant law. By this law alone, you will not find enlightenment, and knowing the principles of the law will not automatically facilitate the widsom it takes to use it correctly. Using the law consciously will always attract our highest good as defined by our present level of consciousness only. Thus, it is limited to your present definitions. Do you truly believe that you even know what your highest good in its entirety is as defined by your soul, your higher self or the divine mind? Sure you may know bits and pieces as you slowly put together the puzzle of our existance, however, I doubt you would exclaim that you have all of those pieces, I sure wouldn't. As a result, using the law of attraction can only amplify our present understanding, with it the divine and the unaligned. This has great value, but once fully achieved you only find out that using attraction is not enough, you must attract not what you think will make you happy, but rather, what your soul knows will make you happy.

The best dream is a wonderful dream, but the paradox of it is that at its highest level, after true enlightenment, creation is not even necessary as all that has relevance has already been created. Creation's sole purpose is to lay in front of you that which already exists within. However, to really find that place of inner peice and enlightenment, you must let go of all these things leaving only the light that you are and as a result your only reflection is that light. Creation becomes an unnecessary action. Action, becomes unnecesary. Nothing becomes necessary.

Chadley.

Well put Chadley, all I would add is that if you truly understand that you can have anything it will not be long until you want a heavenly reality, if you truly understand that we are one you will want for the whole what you want for yourself and thus will find heaven. People who get obsessed with money do not realise there is more, as soon as you realise there is more you want it, after all money is only sought because of the freedom and power it brings when you realise that there is a greater power than money that brings greater freedom - when you really understand this money will cease to be important. But yes I agree totally with what you say maybe i did not explain myself fully enough.

cweiters
15-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Chadley this is a wonderful question for me, in all honesty I must say I deliberately tried to avoid the answer. I still hesitate to pour my heart out in public.
[COLOR=#444938][FONT=Verdana]I feel my purpose is to be a living breathing confirmation and testimony of the eternal being I am. I must constantly live as an example that all is spiritual. Each day I must strive to appreciate all to be an absolute powerful manifestation of God. I agree with you Chadley our daily walk is the journey of how we arrive to be a pure expressions of God who is Love. You are so right there is no other way to get there without the daily journey toward pure expression. As they say on the Wizard of OZ "follow the yellow brick road." Through my purpose I believe wondrous manifestation will come for the benefit of all

chadley
15-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Dreamer, we are usually on the same side of the fence on this one. You and I have talked about it before, of course, as you are a dude. I completely agree that being able to attract abundance in all things is a divine quality.

cw, I admire your humility. Putting your neck out on the line is an important part of learning. Being honest about your views to the point that you leave yourself open to potential contradiction can be a scary thing, but often it can yield the fastest learning since many times it seams much easier to see the flaws of others versus seeing it in yourself. Exposing your beliefs gives you the opportunity to learn from those who share an opposite point of view.

Your understanding of manifestation and creation as well as many other things is really very wise. I very much appreciate your contributions to the discussion on this thread, as well as all the others who have participated. There are still volumes that can be said but have been left unsaid about the subject, so keep it going!

Chadley.

dreamer
16-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Hey chadley, not disagreeing, the only reason i made the point was that I really feel it is important in this matter to fully open up peoples eyes to the full potential of this rather than assuming that some people are not capable of seeing it. (maybe i am just trying to open my own eyes further and these posts are just an extension of me talking myself round, gaining conviction so that i can trust the spirit fully).

cweiters
16-11-2006, 05:45 PM
This thread has inspired me to revaluate some of my concepts and beliefs. This is why I come here every day to SF. There is always a higherself awareness to unfold within. All are teachers so I remain teachable.

Love
cw

Hey chadley, not disagreeing, the only reason i made the point was that I really feel it is important in this matter to fully open up peoples eyes to the full potential of this rather than assuming that some people are not capable of seeing it. (maybe i am just trying to open my own eyes further and these posts are just an extension of me talking myself round, gaining conviction so that i can trust the spirit fully).

kundalini
16-11-2006, 06:00 PM
That's really good CW. I'm glad that you like the forums so much for I feel they are a place where you can safely discuss beliefs and theories, take what you want and leave what you don't want. Thanks for your compliments about SF, CW.

Kundalini.

daisy
18-11-2006, 12:17 PM
yeah this is a great forumxxxxxxxx we're glad you found us cweiters

purplemint
23-11-2006, 05:42 AM
I beleive we are all here for a purpose, which is to connect with your heart. When we connecting with the Heart this opens our connection with the soul and spirit. By opening this connection we are now able to experiencence all the has the Universe has to offer. If we are open and present we will become aware of what our true purose or purposes are. I beleive we are all here to experience as much as possible and that if we are truly open, present and bring clarity to what you want the Universe to provide this will happen. Thus, the Law of Attraction

AL
23-11-2006, 05:30 PM
chadley wrote- "A bum on the streets and a drug dealer are both living according to their purpose, just at a much lower level of consciousness. This is often why those who make dramatic leaps in consciousness often come from humble or desperate circumstances. It is because through this elevation of consciousness, they have discovered the purpose behind their original circumstances"

Hi Chad, I know what you are getting at, but 'polititian' or 'multi national co. director' may have been better examples of low level consciousness. Or what about those with majority shares in the arms industry= need for war? Or are these souls more elevated because they put out a politeness lie while hiding behind masks. At least the guy on the street is upfront about who and what he is.
Lets just say that having no money does not = low level of consciousness, indeed, it may even be the other way. peace

BLAIR2BE
23-11-2006, 09:58 PM
HI CHADLEY AND AL,
I would like to add my belief. Politicians and multi nationals may very well have a “high level” consciousness. They indeed have very good perspectives on “how things work”. It seems though that this consciousness is of a “darker” energy. Can we all agree in a “great balance” of everything? If so than we can probably agree that consciousness can be “good” and “bad/evil” or whatever term, as this would be in balance. For ever there have been fantastic stories and legends of immense levels of consciousness or connections/workings to/with “the spirit”; good and evil. These examinations of the human potential come from somewhere, do they not? Do not underestimate the “consciousness” of the dirty politician or multi national (the bankers rule the world though).
Consequently the drug dealer seems to be of the same nature, though not on the international playing field; a similar understanding of “how things work”, but on a lower level. Now when it comes to the vagrants, the bums; well this could be another topic altogether.

chadley
24-11-2006, 02:32 AM
First, let me say thank you to Purplemint, Al, and Blair for their contrabutions. This is an important subject and I really appreciate any effort to keep it flowing.

Al, please forgive me for saying so, but the way you rank politicians in comparison to others directly indicates judgment on your part. Within every demographic or group you can find a wide range of consciousness levels among those withing that group. Making the blanket statement that politicians are generally less conscious than that of any other group is actually not a good example at all. My examples where just indicated to make a point. Notice I did not say one was better than the other. Indeed, there are likely those who appear as bums who are actually so enlightened that they simply have advanced past the need for material attachments. Then there are those who have forgotten the creator within. I was not trying to say bums are bad but rather ones path can take any form and no matter where you are on it, this path has purpose. the real indicator of consciousness lies within whether or not your current actions bring you joy or bring you suffering. This would be a far more acurate measurement.

I could really get detailed about my thoughts on what Blair said and how I totally agree with him, but instead I will just focus on one thing he said that I agree with and that is that this could be a whole different topic all together. You are right, blair, so I would ask that we bring er' back to the subject of PURPOSE, not who is more conscious than who.

Let me put one more thing out there before I start bust'n out huge posts on the topic that could potential only benefit my personal need to get them off of my chest and serve only me. Purplemint and many others have said very insightful things on what actions match those of our divine purpose. However, they have all been general. All should strive to connect with the heart, be a full expression of love and so on... but the direction I want to go with this is not what, in general, we all should do, but how each one of us as an individual should go about achieving all of these goals for us specifically. How do we find the best possible medium to express your divine essence? Maybe this will sound contraversial, but what I am telling you is that each one of you has your own specific purpose that is for you only in this lifetime only. Purhaps it is better stated that what I am asking you guys is, what is the best way for you individually to express your purpose in this lifetime? Does this help a little?

Chadley.

Pounamu
24-11-2006, 08:45 AM
Hi Chadley,
You ask:
"Purhaps it is better stated that what I am asking you guys is, what is the best way for you individually to express your purpose in this lifetime?"

I should say (IMHO), that first I need to sit down and feel if there is anything I really enjoy doing and have a passion for, and that is most likely to be my purpose in life. If there isn't anything that springs to mind like that, I would have to get quiet and search for it in my heart; and if there still isn't anything I can put my "finger" on, then perhaps I need to detoxify (mentally, emotionally or physically) as my heart-knowing may be blocked.

Once I know what my purpose is (or feel I know), then I would again turn within and meditate / intend to find the way forward to manifest that purpose as completely as possible - no doubt an ongoing process...

What do you reckon?

Pounamu

Third eye
24-11-2006, 10:18 AM
As such I would not define any purpose to my life .By living with full awareness I make my life look purposeful.
as I belive your being in this existence ,itself define a purpose ,each one of us has been send here with some purpose ,for example a rose flower ,what is the purpose of a rose flower ?one will say to spread fragrance ,when rose is their the fragrance is already manifested .so just by being rose the vey purpose is served

purplemint
24-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Chadley,

Yes, that does indeed change the question, my purpose which I am aware of at this moment in time, is to support Women in building thier personal foundations, connecting to their Hearts and incorpating their Passion into their purpose. I have also been given the gift of Channeling Mary Magdalene's message to the World. Which is, Women can have it all by speaking their truth and connecting with their hearts. It has been my experience that most people look for the truth out side of themselves and not from within.Part of Mary's message is that ALL answers lie within and it is my purpose to support women at this time to understand her message and to bring the true connection with themselves into their lives. This is my understanding of my purpose at the moment.

kundalini
24-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Hi Chadley,
You ask:
"Purhaps it is better stated that what I am asking you guys is, what is the best way for you individually to express your purpose in this lifetime?"

I should say (IMHO), that first I need to sit down and feel if there is anything I really enjoy doing and have a passion for, and that is most likely to be my purpose in life. If there isn't anything that springs to mind like that, I would have to get quiet and search for it in my heart; and if there still isn't anything I can put my "finger" on, then perhaps I need to detoxify (mentally, emotionally or physically) as my heart-knowing may be blocked.

Once I know what my purpose is (or feel I know), then I would again turn within and meditate / intend to find the way forward to manifest that purpose as completely as possible - no doubt an ongoing process...

What do you reckon?

Pounamu

Bingo!

I second that.

Kundalini.

AL
25-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Perhaps when we start to ask "why am I here?", we have lost the innocent apreciation of life itself and it is time to jetison some excess baggage.
I AM HERE TO EXPERIENCE.
Experience what?
To learn?, develope?, but do I have the right to claim ownership of something which may be pre destined?
That may suggests that what we require is to let go of everything, in our minds that is, including our bodys. It will still be there, that which we got lost in and began to identify with, and now break free from the bonds which hold us so that we again experience being complete spiritual beings whose birthright is that of peace, and let us not forget prosperity of all kinds.

John A. Manley
26-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Well, I definitely believe some people work for lifetimes to achieve certain things. I have a feeling most of the achieving takes place in the final life on that particular chain.

Let's say the first the four are spent making mistakes and mucking around.

Then in number five they get serious and get it done.

Really, we could probably all skip to life #5 right away, and forget about 1-4.

Some people will tell you you HAVE to go through #1-4.

If you have already, then, yes, you HAD to.

But as far HAVE to? I don't know.

You can do whatever you want -- with God's blessing.

chadley
27-11-2006, 03:25 PM
The below is, of course, simply an opinion based on direct experience and discovery. Take from it what you will :)

Thank you Pounamu. That is the direction I am headed with this. Each of us has there own individual talent that offers its own unique expression of divine purpose and as a result adds to the whole. And through spiritual discipline like meditation, energy work and so on, you can accelerate the process by which your singular individual purpose for this lifetime is revealed. My intention behind this entire topic was to show whoever is interested a more advanced way of doing this through healing and meditation. And, even though its complete understanding is advanced, there are things that everyone can do to unleash the benefits of this process.

The one thing that has amazed me on my journey, the discovery I happened on that I did not expect, is that every single aspect of your life, every aspect of your personality including your finances, your health, your attitudes, your happiness, your personality itself, your surroundings, and even your intentions, motives and purpose are reflections of what is contained within your human energy field. It actually takes perceivable shape, size, texture, color, vibration and so on. To most who are energy healers of sorts, the fact that physical, emotional and mental health issues can be seen is probably no big surprise to you. However, did you know that there is an energetic anatomy to your human energy field which contains your very intention and purpose?

Your energy system is not solely comprised of just an auric orb of colors and chakra's. There is a level beyond this. For those of you who are familiar with Tantra or Tai Chi/Qi Qong you might recognize this level as containing parts of the microcosmic orbit, the hara and the Tan Tien or Dan Tien's. This level and the elements within in it are held in place by a cord which connects you to mother earth to the very core. This cord or line sometimes called the hara line contains within it the source of physical manifestation, your soul's longing or individual intent and the point where your individuation occurs. It is a simple line that passes through your body vertically from the core of the earth to about 3 feet above your head.

Your purpose cannot be found with your mind, instead, when you are ready it is only just revealed to it so to really find your purpose you must search for it on the level that it exists. I will stop here for now to see if anyone is interested in more information or has anything to add.

Have fun!

Chadley.

cweiters
27-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Chadley I agree with you my spiritual purpose cannot be found in my mind, while my physical or human purpose can, as purplement has stated in this post. . More is revealed during my meditation when I clear the mind of all thoughts concentrating on the loving-light within to guide me to the highest Plato us spiritual understanding and experience.

Sometimes understanding the full depth of what has been revealed to me may not emerge for many years, while I am able to grasp a surface meaning immediately, it is my belief that because spiritual revelations have so many meanings wrapped in one message interpretation of the truth must also revealed in our life experience. It is important for me to have other like minds to pray along with me, asking God to reveal the highest level of truth and understanding.

Other words, if I endeavor to understand and experience my spiritual purpose, this journey will make all others so much easier to attain. Even if my spiritual purpose has not been clearly manifested in my mind.

tiltjlp
27-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Wonderful post cweiters, I pretty much agree with you across the board. In my opinion, it's almost like a moving target. Every now and then I find myself making minor adjustments to my way of thinking, as things become a bit clearer. But I think it can take years to get to the point where we realize all this. To borrow from Roy Rogers, Happy journey to you

John

TzuJanLi
01-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Greetings..

The experience IS the purpose.. it is the vehicle through which the One undifferientated Whole experiences its own existence.. we are part and parcel to that experience.. there is no "right/wrong ~ good/bad", it is ALL the experience of the One discovering its nature through us, its version of sensory input.. it is wise enough not to confine its experience of itself through confined preferences, it really wants to know ALL of itself.. We are both the evidence of Cosmic evolution and its vehicle..

Be well..

purplemint
01-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Yes, we are all connected to the core of Mother Earth. However, I believe that we have a tendancy to make the pictured so big and unobtainable that through the process we lose the truth of the message. I beleive a perfect example to this is the movie "What the Bleep" a brillant movie but if the majority truly connected with this movie and fully compehended the movie, it would have been the #1 movie of the year and the same could be said for "Down the Rabbit Hole" I believe that it is part of all of our purpose or truth, if you will, to bring the message down into the here and Now and not make it difficult or unobtainable for others to reach or understand. The most important thing I believe is that we all take information into our hearts and share this with others in a way in which everyone can hear, connect and comprehend.:hug3:

chadley
01-12-2006, 10:27 PM
TzuJanLi, Thank you. Very wise words. The experience, to experience is the overall purpose for all, true. It seems that there are a lot of great spiritual thinkers that have the overall purpose down. To experience, to love, to be an expression of love, to just "be" and so on. But, how do we get there? Do we just aimlessly experience until we cover all things? This would lead us on an infinite journey as there are an infinte amount of experiences. Purplemint made an absolutely wonderful point when she said that she believes we have a tendancy to make the picture so big and unobtainable that through the process we lose the truth of the message. This is the reason for my start of this thread, to fill in one major missing link between "what the heck do I do with my life?" and "be one with god and be one with all". The distance between these two levels of understanding is as vast as the universe itself.

I am here to tell you, your purpose in this lifetime is not so vague. It can be discovered. And you do not have to follow some plan, instead once discovered it becomes your natural expression without even thinking about it. You can speed up the process by which it unfolds, if you want.

Chadley.

Enlightener
02-12-2006, 10:55 AM
The greates way to simply experience yourself as being is to literally just BE. It sounds counter-intuitive but it is the only way it will work. Once you simply BE, without any fear or what-have-you, you will feel great.

Enlightener

AL
02-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Once we have established that we have a purpose/ objective, perhaps this is the next step, to let go of the aim and object itself. Letting go, it is all we need, just to simply let go.
Am I really obliged to carry the world around on my shoulders? Is my role in the world as important as I think? Can I really carry all of this to the Finnish line without collapsing? Remember, to get to the new Shangrilla, we must pass through the eye of a needle, with our baggage in tow, or, not as the case may be.
And if you think that you can get that horse which is pulled by the cart through the door?.......
So simple soul consciousness is the simple aim and object. The more we practise being a spiritual being who uses a body, the deeper the habit/ awareness will become and the closer to being our true natural selves/ personality we will be.
The problems emerge with certain illusions which emerge in our minds. And so we return to the simple game of soul consciousness, also seeing others as points of immortal consciousness. It is simple, yet ..............

Lapis
03-12-2006, 12:49 AM
The "more we practice being a spiritual being..." the more everything else changes to accommodate our new expanded energy and consciousness.....not the other way around. IMO of course! :wink: I really enjoyed your post Al, thanks.

chadley
03-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Am I really obliged to carry the world around on my shoulders? Is my role in the world as important as I think? Can I really carry all of this to the Finnish line without collapsing? Remember, to get to the new Shangrilla, we must pass through the eye of a needle, with our baggage in tow, or, not as the case may be.
And if you think that you can get that horse which is pulled by the cart through the door?.......
So simple soul consciousness is the simple aim and object. The more we practise being a spiritual being who uses a body, the deeper the habit/ awareness will become and the closer to being our true natural selves/ personality we will be.
The problems emerge with certain illusions which emerge in our minds. And so we return to the simple game of soul consciousness, also seeing others as points of immortal consciousness. It is simple, yet ..............

Good form AL, thank you. Purpose to the lower mind is an aim, but when approached first from the divine mind, it becomes a natural expression of your state of being. Letting go, is so very important, you are right. If you have read many of my posts you will have heard me address and describe this process as surrender. However, this is not the next step, but rather a main ingrediant in the process of letting your purpose unfold. In order to allow your divine purpose to be unleashed, you must surrender the current attachments that hold you on your present course.

Is not the simplest task of "being" or obtaining "pure soul consciousness" the most elusive and difficult task? Of course it is, otherwise we'd all already be fully enlightened. Lets keep it real here people, if you climb a mountain to the top to reach a master who can show you the depths of soul and he says, "just be" what will be your next question? Probably, "well, that's real nifty info there, chuck, but how the heck do I do that?". The master can't do it for you, but he can likely give you direction that can get you to these enlightened states of being a little quicker if you are able to grasp the master's concepts.

Lapis is absolutely correct, these skills are obtained through spiritual practice not the other way around. And this is exaclty what I am refering to when I say that there is a way to speed up this process. This sounds really bold, I know, but there is a simple spiritual discipline that can excellerate the process by which your purpose unfolds. And, I will give you a hint, it is not by the use of a pendulem.

Chadley.

Lapis
03-12-2006, 08:55 PM
:laughing1: "And I will give you a hint, it is not by the use of a pendulem." :laughing6: Aaaahhh gawd that made me smile from way deep down!

tiltjlp
03-12-2006, 09:30 PM
:laughing1: "And I will give you a hint, it is not by the use of a pendulem." :laughing6: Aaaahhh gawd that made me smile from way deep down!

But someone not very long ago PREACHED that the use of a pendulum was a "proven spiritual truth". So doesn't that make it so? Thank goodness it doesn't work like that.

John

Lapis
03-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Amen John, glad you saw the fun we were having over it. Thank goodness no one 'Preaching' anything no matter what the form it takes, doesn't work that way as you say. Room to think/feel/ponder on their own is a right everyone deserves everywhere I feel. :smile:

chadley
03-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Glad you guys are finding the humor in that statement. I thought of saying that another way, which made me laugh even harder, but I didn't say it because I thought some might find it offensive. However, since we are joking about it let me propose this question to a pendulem user:

how much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

dowse that! :)

tiltjlp
04-12-2006, 01:13 AM
Amen John, glad you saw the fun we were having over it. Thank goodness no one 'Preaching' anything no matter what the form it takes, doesn't work that way as you say. Room to think/feel/ponder on their own is a right everyone deserves everywhere I feel. :smile:

It's just a shame that a handful of foolish people can mess things up for the rest of us. The bad part of it is that they think they're on a MISSION and won't listen to reason. Even worse, when they are silenced, there's always someone else joining up to take their place.

John

chadley
05-12-2006, 01:45 AM
Answer: 14 chucks

BLAIR2BE
05-12-2006, 02:58 AM
i remember the discussion invloving the pendulum stuff....but,.... did i miss something i wonder??

chadley
05-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Blair, a few posts back I illuded to the fact that a spiritual discipline exists in which one can speed up the process by which their purpose unfolds. I made a joke in good fun that this discipline was not done with the help of a pendulem. I probably should have saved the jokes, because it resulted in pulling this thread off topic. As a healer, in the past, I have found pendulems helpful especially for those who are not yet able to visually perceive the human energy system. I have also, in the past, experimented with using a pendulem for answering yes no questions allong with muscle testing and the likes. It can be a helpful little tool, but IMO, not a necessary one.

Anyways, sorry I brought up the pendulem thing :)

Chadley

tiltjlp
05-12-2006, 10:55 PM
i remember the discussion invloving the pendulum stuff....but,.... did i miss something i wonder??

Possibly you did. With the preaching about the pendulum stuff in mind, reread post 97 on, and you might see the irony and humor that slightly detoured this thread. Truthbearer was the Peacher pontificating the "absolute and complete truth" of pendulums.

John

hnasc
06-12-2006, 01:00 AM

Chadley, the answer is yes.

BLAIR2BE
06-12-2006, 02:00 AM
Yeah I remember that post. I don’t know… jokes are often lost on me. Forget it……;)

Adrienne
18-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi Chadley,

I was wandering around the forum and I felt myself drawn to your post * dusting this off as it was a few pages back * .

I have been asking myself some of these same questions, such as " what is my purpose " and "does one have more than one purpose in a lifetime ? does it change as one changes ?" and I am not getting any answers to my questions, or maybe the answer is there, I am just not sure where to find it ?

Sometimes it feels like I am just wandering, with no direction. Each day is the same, one right after another, not much changes.

Excellent questions you have, much thought was put into them and also much thought in all the various answers you have received.

tiltjlp
19-05-2007, 02:48 AM
Hi Dream Angel,

I know you asked Chadley your questions, but I think I can provide some answers, at least as they apply to my life. Yes, it's possible to have more than one purpose in life, and even several at the same time. And yes again, they can change, as your life and circumstances change.

The first major purpose in life, I feel, was to be a writer, and in time that evolved to include being an editor and a writing mentor. This has taken a back seat since I'm semi-retired. Another major purpose in my was being the sole caretaker for my father for close to eight years after he suffered a massive stroke. I also see helping run this forum, and running two others, as another life purpose.

That said, there have been times in my 60 years when I felt I was adrift, with no real purpose or goals. I think that is something we all have to deal with occasionally, since as humans, it's so hard to stay focused and to maintain enthusiasm. At time I see my life much as a biorhythm chart, with both peaks and valleys. Luckily, right now I'm near a peak.

John

Adrienne
19-05-2007, 04:51 AM
Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. It seems one's life purpose can be many different things - depending on what is going on at that particular time in your life. Guess I never thought about it like that .

I am happy to hear that you are near a peak in your life. Best wishes to you !