PDA

View Full Version : DEAD CAN DANCE and LISA GERRARD

MoonStone
07-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Hi guys, does anyone likes them, or may be even seen performing live? Can you share impressions? I find Lisa's Gerrard manner of singing without words fantastic and inspiring.

Topaz
08-01-2011, 01:26 AM
I love Dead can Dance being a 4AD fan .. never seen them live but their music takes me to a different world . Love Cocteau twins also :)

annonafox
13-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Dead Can Dance's music is beautiful, haunting, poetic~~~I remember hearing their song "The Carnival Is Over" one night as I was driving along 101 near the ocean~~Sigh.........

Cocteau Twins---yes-----so beautiful. "Lazy Calm" is my favourite song by them. Ethereal. Have never heard a saxophone sound like that before~~~~

inspirit
18-01-2011, 06:33 AM
I liked Dead can Dance in 1993.

Arcadia
03-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Amazing, I was going to start a DCD thread myself until I stumbled upon this one. I Love, Love, LOVE Dead Can Dance and their eerie, otherwordly, haunting music. I'm also quite into Brendan's solo work - and Lisa's voice always sends shivers down my spine.

Arcadia
03-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Amazing, I was going to start a DCD thread myself until I stumbled upon this one. I Love, Love, LOVE Dead Can Dance and their eerie, otherwordly, haunting music. I'm also quite into Brendan's solo work - and Lisa's voice always sends shivers down my spine. :smile:

Rena
06-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Yes, I used to LOVE Dead Can Dance! in my goth days......LOL
I still have their box set here at the house....
I've never seen them live, but there is a dvd of their concert in the box set that I own..... =)
A lot of their music made me sad.
I really loved the album "Within the Realm of a Dying Sun"