PDA

View Full Version : The Old World

The Om
07-01-2011, 10:35 AM
I miss it. A lot. All of my life, I've had this blissful feeling that I know doesn't come from here. Its a memory, from the time when you could live a true nomadic life, just wandering around the world, seeing where the wind leads you. I miss the days when they sang songs by a campfire about heroes and legends. And the problem is, that the world has gotten too small to be able to do that nowadays. So, I wanted to start this thread in the hopes that maybe someone may have some impressions or a story that they would like to share about the old world, or a life that once existed in it.

Be well

TheDivine
07-01-2011, 11:46 AM
I gotta say, I share your sentiments. I have visited ruins of the old world and the type of medicine I'm studying is from ancient traditions. The modern world is definitely lacking. I don't truly like it here. Anywhere I go in the world, I feel more comfortable among ancient sites than I do the modern. The modern world, to me, is little more than gradual decay, and I subscribe to the idea that we're in the Kaliuga right now - the age of the machine and of exponential degeneration.

If you ever get a chance to visit ancient ruins, the energies there will remind you of what has been lost. I went to the Temples of Angkor in Cambodia a couple of years ago... such an amazing place. One is tempted to overlook the energy of the place by simply looking at the carved murals on all the stone walls. They portray typical human activities: pleasure, war, marketplaces, etc. But that's not a reflection of their consciousness per se.

I think human consciousness has changed a lot since those days. Where we're at now... it's hard to say for sure. We're definitely missing something though.

The Om
07-01-2011, 03:51 PM
I think human consciousness has changed a lot since those days. Where we're at now... it's hard to say for sure. We're definitely missing something though.

Exactly. I spent a month in northern India about three years ago, and that changed my life forever. We spent two weeks out of that month hiking through the himalayas, and that was incredible. We just kept walking. No phones, no computers, no nothing. Just us, a few locals who were there as guides, and the pack mules. It was the most incredible time of my life. We were completely cut off from the world, and yet I felt more connected than ever. Connected to the land, to the friends I was sharing the experience with. I'll never forget it. And imagine, that was how people used to live their entire lives! Its something I'll remember until the day I die.