PDA

View Full Version : Letting Go Of Ego....

Racer X
06-01-2011, 11:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2PuoD7j-c0&feature=related

Do you want happiness or stubbornly insisting on being right?

You choose .....

You get the result of the choice.

:D:D:D

pre-dawn
07-01-2011, 01:45 AM

What I want is someone who can make this search and the eventually found happiness sound exciting and ..... happy!

So many of these gurus and masters, whatever you want to call them, claim to have an answer but sound so miserable and absolutely boring.

If this is the result of enlightenment you can keep it.

Ciqala
07-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Ha! Well i for one bask in the truth whether or not it sounds majestically happy and exciting to the ears, you can learn a lot from even if it's boring sounding. I'm not one to cling to gurus, but i certainly enjoy the wisdoms.
in all, ego is detrimental, whether or not that line comes from anywhere.
in all i view that as a basic fact i try to live, but it does wonders to be reminded of it, and inspires it even more so.

Very grateful for the videos you post RacerX, exactly what my soul needs to be reminded of in this time of awakening. The videos you post are very inspiring to me.

psychoslice
07-01-2011, 02:24 AM
What I want is someone who can make this search and the eventually found happiness sound exciting and ..... happy!

So many of these gurus and masters, whatever you want to call them, claim to have an answer but sound so miserable and absolutely boring.

Hi Pre-dawn, can you give an example ?

pre-dawn
07-01-2011, 04:11 AM
Hi Pre-dawn, can you give an example ? Just listen to the link in post #1.

Listen to a Tolle, Gangaji or Llewellyn lecture, as well as others. They don't even sound alive! Everything is delivered in a boring and monotonous voice. Ever heard any one of them using the f-word? Is there some passion or some excitement stirring now and then? No, they are so holy, so enlightened and awake.

Nothing can touch me seems to be the meta message - and evidently nothing does.

If you ask me, their enlightenment is a sham and is achieved by suppressing the energetic flow of life, in line with the idea of balance.
But organic life depends on imbalance, on the movement of blood, sap, nutrients, exchange, excitement, stress, etc. On a practical level therefore, they are dead, walking corpses spewing forth words which we have heard many times before.

If the living can't wake you up, what makes you think the dead can?

psychoslice
07-01-2011, 04:19 AM
Just listen to the link in post #1.

Listen to a Tolle, Gangaji or Llewellyn lecture, as well as others. They don't even sound alive! Everything is delivered in a boring and monotonous voice. Ever heard any one of them using the f-word? Is there some passion or some excitement stirring now and then? No, they are so holy, so enlightened and awake.

If you ask me, their enlightenment is a sham and is achieved by suppressing the energetic flow of life, in line with the idea of balance.
But organic life depends on imbalance, on the movement of blood, sap, nutrients, exchange, excitement, stress, etc. On a practical level therefore, they are dead, walking corpses spewing forth words which we have heard many times before.

And how you believe life should be lived, where did you get that information from ?. It seems that you are more after a circus act than someone speaking the Truth ?.

pre-dawn
07-01-2011, 04:55 AM
And how you believe life should be lived, where did you get that information from ?. It seems that you are more after a circus act than someone speaking the Truth ?.
Isn't there talk about aliveness when becoming awake? Where is the evidence for that? Where is the rip-roaring laughter, the humor, the tears, the awe and wonder, the joy and bliss which supposed to be a characteristic of being awake?

Life should be lived ... I a way that makes one feel alive, and I am sure you know how that feels and how it manifests. Where do you see any of that in these gurus/masters?

psychoslice
07-01-2011, 05:26 AM
Isn't there talk about aliveness when becoming awake? Where is the evidence for that? Where is the rip-roaring laughter, the humor, the tears, the awe and wonder, the joy and bliss which supposed to be a characteristic of being awake?

Life should be lived ... I a way that makes one feel alive, and I am sure you know how that feels and how it manifests. Where do you see any of that in these gurus/masters?
Yes I have to say that my so called Awareness was full of laughter, its the first thing that actually happened, I just burst out laughing because I couldn't believe how simple it was. I also saw the world that was so serious about everything as a big laugh too, my Favorite so called Guru is Osho, now there's a real comedian that is truly Awakened. But really we don't know how they live their life when not teaching, I think that Tolle would be laughing his head within himself, with some of the things the audience ask lol.

Gem
07-01-2011, 06:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2PuoD7j-c0&feature=related (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatc h%3Fv%3DH2PuoD7j-c0%26amp%3Bfeature%3Drelated)

You choose .....

I think people are motivated by the desire for happiness, and also an adversion to sadness.

I think there is happiness and sadness and thats just the way of things, so for me it's far easier to be content with moods as they come and go.

Perspective
10-01-2011, 01:47 AM
I think people are motivated by the desire for happiness, and also an adversion to sadness.

I think there is happiness and sadness and thats just the way of things, so for me it's far easier to be content with moods as they come and go. "Bounce, baby, bounce!!" Or..."Dude! Let's catch some waves!" :smile:
I agree, Gem... learning to take it as it comes... knowing that change is constant.

I keep thinking about harmonizing all of the different aspects of us...
IMO, the essence of Spirituality is resonating & feeling... & is interpreted by thought.
If I feel without thinking, the spiritual resonating could be misinterpreted.
If I think - without feeling, there's less chance of resonating & "facts" can crush needed hope.
If I learn & develop interest different than a loved one, I need to learn to relate in new ways, otherwise disharmony.

I don't think we can or should let go of the ego. Doesn't it contain intellect & especially the ability to express love to others?

Mountain-Goat
10-01-2011, 03:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2PuoD7j-c0&feature=related (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatc h%3Fv%3DH2PuoD7j-c0%26amp%3Bfeature%3Drelated)

You choose .....

What if stubbornly insisting on being right brings one happiness?
That person has chosen and the result is they are happy.

mahakali
10-01-2011, 04:46 AM

If the living can't wake you up, what makes you think the dead can?listen to the dali lama talk, he is alive with laughter and has a big personality

pre-dawn
10-01-2011, 10:45 AM
listen to the dali lama talk, he is alive with laughter and has a big personality
You may have noticed that I did not mention the Dalai Lama.

He is indeed a person who still looks alive, together with many of his fellow Tibetan lamas. I think this is because they belong to an actual religion and are not seemingly 'independent' practitioners like the one's I referred to.

shepherd
10-01-2011, 11:05 AM
I have to agree with some of the comments made by Pre dawn, some of the famous people who have reached what they are promoting don't seem to have life in their eyes, they seem tired, bored and just repeat their messages. Some of the wisdom is beautiful, but where is the passion?

It's not a surprise that they can put some people off.

Miss Hepburn
10-01-2011, 11:33 AM

Maharaji screams and laughs alot and gets very excited.
And spends the followers money with real gusto for life - buying and flying planes and boats and homes and havin' a blast
al around the world!
(Prem Rawat, whatever)

The 3 you mention I love - no one ever mentions Llewellyn : http://workingwithoneness.org/video-audio (http://workingwithoneness.org/video-audio)

I dig both - the peaceful monotone and the lively.

dancing10
10-01-2011, 11:38 AM

Hi there.
I know what you mean.
How-ever,there are great beings / gurus / masters who have realsed freedom who are wild and humorous.My teacher said that you cant have god-realisation without humour and sex. In other words, true freedom is fully in touch with these and yet truely free of their binding implications.
My Guru was a wild being.Completely Free. And truely humorous.

Racer X
10-01-2011, 03:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctgggBU_k4g&feature=channel

Emotions......