PDA

View Full Version : Is mental time travel possible?

emporroll1
27-07-2015, 06:50 AM
I was just wondering if it is feasible to time travel within your own mind? I'm not that familiar with spirit science and whatnot.

metal68
30-07-2015, 07:45 PM
Ive always wondered this; a bit like that movie The Butterfly Effect

I suppose if we could FULLY recall all our memories in all 5 senses, it would be a form of time travel.

Can hypnosis achieve this clarity of recall???

UnderTheIvy
30-07-2015, 08:29 PM
I guess past life regression is a similar sort of thing although I suppose it's less time travel, more remembering things from the past. People do seem to end up being back in old situations when they are regressed though, almost like they are reliving them.

life.love.regret.
31-07-2015, 05:42 AM
Would remote viewing count?

Freekre8
03-08-2015, 02:20 PM
Probably yes, but also Probably way way easier to build a time machine but...
you can probably lucid dream pseudo-time travel way way way way easier than building a time machine.

life.love.regret.
07-08-2015, 03:21 AM
I prefer to bi-locate and stroll through the akashic records while channeling Tesla who is channeling Plato who is bi-locating and walking next to me through the akashic records room. Way way way way way easier than lucid dream pseudo-time travelling.

Freekre8
08-08-2015, 03:03 PM
But surely akashic records are just glorified memories?

skygazer
08-08-2015, 03:56 PM
what is memory?

Light Seeker
08-08-2015, 05:11 PM
I was just wondering if it is feasible to time travel within your own mind? Apparently yes, most noticeably in dreams.

PassionOfHybrid
08-08-2015, 11:01 PM
it's called daydreaming, about the future.

life.love.regret.
09-08-2015, 01:30 AM
But surely akashic records are just glorified memories?

Who knows. But don't call me shirley

wolfmanthe1st
09-08-2015, 02:09 PM
the akashic records are much much more than just memories... it is your entire past, present and future..... everything you have done, thought and will do is there

Adrienne
09-08-2015, 09:36 PM
I prefer to bi-locate and stroll through the akashic records while channeling Tesla who is channeling Plato who is bi-locating and walking next to me through the akashic records room. Way way way way way easier than lucid dream pseudo-time travelling.

sounds like an adventure ..... take me along next time you go ! :D

life.love.regret.
10-08-2015, 05:27 AM
sounds like an adventure ..... take me along next time you go ! :D

I'll have to ask the Pleiadians to pick you up.

voljen
18-09-2015, 02:14 PM
I think you can do so think a lot about it and in your dreams it will come.

BJAsapace
21-09-2015, 05:45 PM
Akashic records? I'm not very familiar with the Akashic records but I've read that it holds records of the past, almost like a book/movie or something similar to that. You can access past events, see passed family members, the universe before there was life on earth (I think) and stuff like that. You can even see into the future and see the outcome of the future through specific choices made; the future is not fixed and is ever changing and is affected by choices made. Edgar Cayce was able to access the Akashic records by going into a trance/meditational (if that's even a word) state, hence why he had made predictions about the future, some were wrong because of the choices made I'm pretty sure. He has also wrote books about the real life of Jesus and I wouldn't doubt he got the information to write them from the Akashic records.

If you want to know more, just google about the Akashic records and what it is.

CrystalSong
21-09-2015, 06:02 PM
I was just wondering if it is feasible to time travel within your own mind? I'm not that familiar with spirit science and whatnot.

Absolutely.
I've done it many times and then was able to do research and verify what I saw recorded and written down.
Remote Viewing is a form of this and you can prove it to yourself with practice and dedication.
These days I assist others to go back into previous lifetimes to glean useful information or even into the future.

(Having said all that I should say that All Time and Space is NOW, but as humans we perceive it in a linear fashion which makes it APPEAR as Past, Present or Future. That becomes more clear later with more experience though)

CrystalSong
21-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Who knows. But don't call me shirley
Hahaha! Thanks for the Grin and chuckle!

canute
29-09-2015, 11:01 PM
if time is linear and is one dimensional one could presumably wrap it into a ball of 'string ' with no size , a 'singularity' which nicely explains how the past ,future, and present can be one and the same, but this is just yibberish, yes we repeat actions as individuals and groups, which confirms we are just running programs,sure i understand how realative time can slow/ accelerate , it's just those dreams/ ideas i get that cannot be explained by wish fulfillment, and happen ,that spook me,

canute
29-09-2015, 11:17 PM
or is it ? (was/will) yibberish that is ,was or will be? but seriously when i have experianced nothingness time has always ticked on, forwards

GreenGazer
30-09-2015, 06:31 AM
(Having said all that I should say that All Time and Space is NOW, but as humans we perceive it in a linear fashion which makes it APPEAR as Past, Present or Future. That becomes more clear later with more experience though)

I know this is an obscure subject but can you please try to explain this more? I have heard this concept before and am trying to understand it a little better. I guess I am asking you (your personal opinion based on your personal life experience) why we, as humans, view it that way?

canute
30-09-2015, 03:46 PM
our brains have a compleat record of all actions we have ever experianced, I have an interesing anecdote in which i watch myself dismantling a scaffolding tower, made from my own 'kwick stage' kit .the links of which use wedges atached to the ends of the 8 foot tubes that need to be knocked out with a hammer exactly right otherwise they drop back in , every link behaved itself without effort and i was lifting the normaly awkward tubes away from the posts with fingertip control, all componants were flying through the air and coming to rest six inchs from my mates hand , Im halfway through a post , 7 seconds, read the other quantum mistake first, the tie in to this is that the brain is primarly a storage devise and hard drive , not a thinking machine.

IamPoltergeist
23-10-2015, 08:41 AM
Anything is possible. Physical time jumping is more dangerous. Mental time jumping is unpredictable, some can see you some cant. But if you arent able to alter your decisions from that time. Then you are probably remote viewing it

CrystalSong
23-10-2015, 02:47 PM
I know this is an obscure subject but can you please try to explain this more? I have heard this concept before and am trying to understand it a little better. I guess I am asking you (your personal opinion based on your personal life experience) why we, as humans, view it that way?

Hi Green Gazer, sorry I can't really explain it, it's more than the human mind can fathom or at least this human mind. It's an experience and out of the experience(s) comes the knowledge it is true even if the mind can't understand it. Which is okay, I can't understand calculus either :)

TonyG
11-11-2015, 08:22 PM
I'd like to think so.

As there is no such thing as time, just a dimension we can stroll along, bear with me :D , and as our consciousness can exist outside our mind, and why not if the quantum world says particles can be everywhere at once, then when I sleep I'm letting my mind explore a dimension I can't get to with my psychical body.
When I wake up all the possibilities that my mind could explore collapse to the one I expect to see, until the next time.

Strange though! I only ever seem to explore the past, I think I was a roman soldier not so long back, never a spaceman in some futuristic world :rolleyes:

Anyhow! I travel back in time and in my dreams it's real, just like this dream I call reality that I can't wake up from :icon_twisted:

DaiBach
17-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Of course time travel is possible; just read a book and allow yourself to be transported.

Num7
09-12-2015, 01:31 AM
I believe that mental time travel is of course possible.

It would seem to be possible to project your astral self to the past. It's definitely not that easy, but it's an ability that one can master with practice. It's just like multiplying in your head. At first it seemed incredibly hard, nearly impossible. Now, once we made it through school, it's normal to us. Think about it that way!

Howla Dark
20-04-2016, 01:18 PM
Two nights ago I had a vivid dream that I was exploring a very ancient looking village. It was from the Dark Ages and everything smelled horrible. The streets were so narrow with manure stains. The people were going about shopping except there was something odd about them. I wonder if I went back in time over a thousand years ago.

Angelena
23-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Well this is strange to me. I don't think that this is something that good to imagine something. Travelling is something to experience a place too enjoy the feeling of being to a new place or you love one,. So it is impossible to feel a place without being there.

Angelena
23-04-2016, 09:40 AM
Travelling is something basically to enjoy a place top expericne a place and it is impossible to feel a place without being there I guess so i find it something quite strange to try.

Levi321
04-05-2016, 10:44 AM
Angelena, I agree with you. Traveling is the way of fun and to see the beauty of places all over the world. it is impossible to feel a place without being. It is very strange to try.

Sad1403
19-05-2016, 06:08 AM
I also agree with both of you. Traveling is a nice and awesome way for having fun. through traveling, you enjoy lots of fun and also get nice information about different places. By the way, what is your purpose of traveling?

Levi321
25-05-2016, 05:16 AM
Sad1403, I like traveling because I want to explore all over the world. I believe that traveling will make a perfect and professional person. Through it, I can know about the world. So I can't live without it.

Naga Saturn
09-06-2016, 06:18 PM
It is.
I've noticed time doesn't exist, only change. So if you reproduce the same conditions you experienced in your life before, you can travel to the past. I've got this a lot in my own experience, moments where everything felt the exact same as years into the past.
I also regularly stare into space for minutes in deep thought, i'm not consciously in this world at that moment, I experience another world in my head.
I suspect the essence of my soul represents the mastery over time, like many people represent some mastery over an aspect of life. I get a lot of synchronistic moments related to that topic, like my astrology signs relating to the gods of time, even my surname is an annagram of one of the mythical gods of time.

Rozie
26-06-2016, 12:12 AM
Memory is a way to to time travel....but there are other ways. I think there are ways to change the past, but you can only do that within the paradigm which is the present. Theoretically you can go back in time and make an adjustment but that is only about a known event that did occur. So, I might go back to an event that occurred and do something to make that event occur. Really the present doesn't change, it is as it is but without having made the adjustment retroactively then this present might not be as it is.

That is very confusing, but it is a technique that I use. Whether it works is completely a mystery but when I am guided to do that little trick, then I do it

SkyGodWarrior
14-10-2016, 03:51 AM
I have time traveled before mentally. I think in order to initiate this in the Astral Realm you at least need some form of reference in order to get there.

BluerayAngel
21-10-2016, 05:43 AM
In answer to the original question, yes you can time travel with just your mind, but it's more akin to temporal astral projection. In the case of experiencing other lifetimes, that's just multidimensional consciousness experience and not time travel.

Glacier Serenade
07-01-2017, 05:30 PM
Ive always wondered this; a bit like that movie The Butterfly Effect

I suppose if we could FULLY recall all our memories in all 5 senses, it would be a form of time travel.

Can hypnosis achieve this clarity of recall???Yeah I get where you're coming from, but that would be limited to only time travel within your own experiences and not the experiences of others.

I'd say it is possible, but would require advanced technology/spiritual knowledge etc.

Really!
08-01-2017, 01:17 AM
Astral projection (astral travel) ...
To be certain, you would have to try it to learn if it's feasible for you as well as if it is also about time travel ...

dreaminglila
10-01-2017, 06:18 AM
Absolutely.
I've done it many times and then was able to do research and verify what I saw recorded and written down.
Remote Viewing is a form of this and you can prove it to yourself with practice and dedication.
These days I assist others to go back into previous lifetimes to glean useful information or even into the future.

Yes, remote viewing for me is about finding a quiet space, blanking my mind, disengaging from any external sensory stimuli and setting my intention.

I query the 'Consciousness Server-Database', another metaphor 'Akashic records'
and channel/download the information.
This contains all information regardless of time and period themes.
Some perceive this as their own memories and accept it as past lives.

Time is an experiential phenomena where the reality frames are sequenced in a serial format.
I often perceive images, sometimes videos of my intended target or place.
I seldom experience audio.
I perceive strong emotions, personality traits such as likes and impressions.

While lucid dreaming I can perform similar queries.

Phasing/Astral projection and lucid dreaming demonstrates that time is only a subjective contextual experience.
It could be day time when I commence, and I could experience night time in another place or outer space.

BlazingEssence
10-01-2017, 07:06 AM
hey, if you want an exercise for this, here it is.
It's called past life regression.
Every night, before going to bed, relive you whole day from morning to the present and then go reverse.
They say, if you do this you will recall your past memories. First from childhood and then from past life as well.

If you try, please share the results. You have to do it for at least 22 days straight to start seeing the results. And have to do with full dedication.