PDA

View Full Version : christian angels

lillyj
05-01-2011, 08:08 PM
can someone direct me to a good source of christian angels and all their names and uses i have googled of course but all i seem to come up with is general stuff about angels and the history within religion or just the names of the few that i already know about i know there are many more lesser known ones than i can find i will post on the christian section too but i thought id try here first

also a seperate question do the christian angels and the other (new age) i put it in brackets cos its a general term and i know there are alot of different beliefs and types of angels do they exist on the same dimension as each other are the christian angels closer to God what are peoples thoughts
i am very new at this my dads girlfriend gave me a book for christmas and i am a bit hooked now i felt so much light and peace when i read it

innerlight
05-01-2011, 08:15 PM
can someone direct me to a good source of christian angels and all their names and uses i have googled of course but all i seem to come up with is general stuff about angels and the history within religion or just the names of the few that i already know about i know there are many more lesser known ones than i can find i will post on the christian section too but i thought id try here first

also a seperate question do the christian angels and the other (new age) i put it in brackets cos its a general term and i know there are alot of different beliefs and types of angels do they exist on the same dimension as each other are the christian angels closer to God what are peoples thoughts
i am very new at this my dads girlfriend gave me a book for christmas and i am a bit hooked now i felt so much light and peace when i read it

The only angels that are mentioned by name in the Bible, as far as I can recall I could be wrong, would be Gabriel and Michael. There are other Angels mentioned in other tomes such as the Torah, and The Book of Enoch.

Edit: Forgot Lucifer is mentioned as being a Fallen Angel as well.

Royalite
05-01-2011, 08:23 PM
I found this link on a Catholic site. It talks about the nine choirs of angels. I am not exactly sure of their validity but it is worth giving it a look if you're interested.

http://www.catholic.org/saints/anglchoi.php

Saint Seraphim
05-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Hello lillyj,
Have a look at this site: http://www.spiritual.com.au/articles/angels/angels_uk.htm

Much Love to You,
Saint Seraphim

iolite
06-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Yeah, I would look up Catholic sites -- Angels are very big in Catholicism.

lillyj
06-01-2011, 11:20 PM
thanks for the replies and links everyone i never thought of catholic sites!