PDA

View Full Version : Question on doing magic

wishescometrue
04-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Hi,

Please can I ask a quick bit of advice.

I am about to start on my first ever bit of magic/ spell. I have the candle ready, the intent, the oils, the paper, the right phase of the moon etc... but I don't know if i am supposed to have the lights on when buring the candle or be in the dark, or does it even matter!!

Sorry, probably a very simple question but one I didn't think to ask before!!

Thank you in advance. :redface:

Spiritlite
04-01-2011, 11:03 PM
I believe it's your preference. Mine would be to have the lights off.........
Spiritlite
Good luck..

Kapitan_Prien
04-01-2011, 11:54 PM
I'd be the type to have the lights off and just the candles...but that's me.

I like the dark.

Spiritlite
05-01-2011, 12:22 AM
Kapitan me too ;)
Spiritlite.

norseman
05-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Really, it's whatever you think you need but, to be honest, the trappings are not that important. The real requirements are focus and intent - knowing what it is that you want to achieve and the will to drive it through. Meditation can be a big help to clear your mind before beginning - this is a real essential !
Like most things, meditation and magic included, practice makes perfect. Start small is probably a good idea.
Good Luck !

wishescometrue
05-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Thank you all for your replies. I went for the dark in the end!

I had never really notcied flames before, they are lovely when you are just staring at them...

I did find my mind drifted a bit but did keep bringing it back to my intention and focussing myself.

Thank you all again...

:hug2:

Kapitan_Prien
05-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Norseman: the trappings are not that important. The real requirements are focus and intent - knowing what it is that you want to achieve and the will to drive it through.

^ That's why I love Finnish paganism. From my understanding, it's focus is more on the intent and making those changes within...rather than all the 'bells and whistles' as they say.

Spiritlite
05-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Wishes sounds excellent...hope you are successful :)
Spiritlite.