PDA

View Full Version : How can I stop sleep paralaysis?

Lovely
04-01-2011, 06:57 PM
I had the worse time with it last night. The first one from last night
was more of an OBE. It was kinda scary but I can handle this stuff better
than I use to. I was in a dark storm cloud and this girl I think was a ghost
tried to scare me by saying my name in a creepy way but I could
tell she was just mischievous and I didn't get a vibe that she was evil
or harmful. Than I heard a group of people chant "One! One! One!" over
and over and till it kind of melted away. It wasn't sleep paralysis.
I have had sleep paralysis where I was dreaming I was out side of
my body more than once. This one was different.
The one from last night I was just about to fall asleep and
out of no where I was uncontrollably sliding through the air.
Usually I wake up paralysis and THEN I'm "outside of my body".
Btw the numerology meaning of 1 is a new beginning and being rewarded
for your kindness. But I got that from a google search so if you have more
insight on why they chanted "One!" over and over let me know.

Anyways after that happened every time I tried to go back to sleep
I would suffer with sleep paralysis. It was very awful. I had SP about
5-8 times last night :( (not including the first one that was more of
A straight up OBE) I just want to sleep normal!!! Ever since I've gotten
in to spirituality (its been about a year now) this has been happening.
I refuse to sacrifice my spirituality for it to stop though. I prayed
so many times for it to stop. I mean actually praying with good
intent. But it doesn't stop it. How can I stop this!?!?! I heard sometimes
when people get into spirituality they got through what I am. But I heard
that from a super religious person who is against pretty much everything.
So I don't know trust his idea to stop it that much (which is giving
up every thing spiritual even crystals so that's a no on that idea.)
The person also suggested praying which I tried multiple times with no success. (btw
this person was just a person on youtube not someone I know in real life.)

Is there any meditations or something I can do to stop this? It's been
a year and I'm sick of it.

Selenphina
04-01-2011, 07:25 PM
First off, so sorry you are going through this; my sympathies to you.

When I first read about the chanting of the number one, I had the thought of how we all are one. This is what I believe anyway. there is a spiritual work (book, I think,) with the title "the Law of One" also. I haven't read it so can't comment on it, but it just might be something to check into? I can't really say whether it was a message to you... maybe a reminder that we all are one in spirit. But maybe not too.

Secondly, I do think that travelling a spiritual path does often effect sleep and maybe OBEs/astral projection and paralysis too. I just say this because that has seemed to be the case for me personally. Not to worry though... as these things sometimes come and go. Likely, things will get better for you where you won't be having this happen so much. As for stopping it entirely, I'm not sure if you can do that. And some people who do not have any spiritual interests have this go on for them too.

My advice is to do your best to not think about it at all. Hard to do, i know. But i just feel the more you think about sleep paralysis, the more it will happen.

And I know how you feel about not being able to give up on your Spirituality. And I really don't think you should do that. It's not always easy... I would say it has been anything but for me sometimes. But I think it will get easier for you. I sure hope that it does.

Lovely
04-01-2011, 07:53 PM
First off, so sorry you are going through this; my sympathies to you.

When I first read about the chanting of the number one, I had the thought of how we all are one. This is what I believe anyway. there is a spiritual work (book, I think,) with the title "the Law of One" also. I haven't read it so can't comment on it, but it just might be something to check into? I can't really say whether it was a message to you... maybe a reminder that we all are one in spirit. But maybe not too.

Secondly, I do think that travelling a spiritual path does often effect sleep and maybe OBEs/astral projection and paralysis too. I just say this because that has seemed to be the case for me personally. Not to worry though... as these things sometimes come and go. Likely, things will get better for you where you won't be having this happen so much. As for stopping it entirely, I'm not sure if you can do that. And some people who do not have any spiritual interests have this go on for them too.

My advice is to do your best to not think about it at all. Hard to do, i know. But i just feel the more you think about sleep paralysis, the more it will happen.

And I know how you feel about not being able to give up on your Spirituality. And I really don't think you should do that. It's not always easy... I would say it has been anything but for me sometimes. But I think it will get easier for you. I sure hope that it does.

Thanks a lot for your post :) I know what you mean about not thinking
about it. That does help. But sometimes it's hard not to because I question the most simple things a lot so it's hard not to contemplate so complex.
But I guess I just have to ignore it. Thanks for your advice :D

Xanth
04-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Instead of fighting it, why don't you work with it. It's something that a lot of people would give their right arm to be experiencing.

I'll tell ya, if you just learn to relax and control your thoughts while you're in Sleep Paralysis, you'll be able to control your experiences a lot better AND get a good nights rest at the same time. ;)

Lovely
04-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Instead of fighting it, why don't you work with it. It's something that a lot of people would give their right arm to be experiencing.

I'll tell ya, if you just learn to relax and control your thoughts while you're in Sleep Paralysis, you'll be able to control your experiences a lot better AND get a good nights rest at the same time. ;)

Thanks for your advice :)
I had control of them for a while but last nights
experience was just too much. I guess I'll just try
to deal for now :)

GregoryScott
04-01-2011, 10:31 PM
The brain paralyzes the muscles to prevent possible injury during the dream state or REM state. And you are becoming conscious while your brain still thinks you’re sleeping. But I’m sure you already know this.

That being said, I’m with Xanth on this one. This is what we strive for during meditation, astral projection etc… There’s nothing to fear, you’re not given anything you can’t handle.

As for your search on the meaning of the number one, it looks as if you were lead in the right direction. One can also represent harmony, unity, peace; God.

Lovely
04-01-2011, 10:41 PM
The brain paralyzes the muscles to prevent possible injury during the dream state or REM state. And you are becoming conscious while your brain still thinks you’re sleeping. But I’m sure you already know this.

That being said, I’m with Xanth on this one. This is what we strive for during meditation, astral projection etc… There’s nothing to fear, you’re not given anything you can’t handle.

As for your search on the meaning of the number one, it looks as if you were lead in the right direction. One can also represent harmony, unity, peace; God.

Yeah I do remember reading about it meaning harmony and unity.
and yes I do know the scientific explanation for sleep paralysis very well.

And thanks for the advice. I just feel like I'll be harmed during
sleep paralysis.

Spiritlite
04-01-2011, 10:42 PM
I hate sleep paralysis.........I had it the other night and I heard voices in my home and movement and I couldn't wake up at all and couldn't move at all. I just try to learn to accept it and basically force myself back to sleep.
Spiritlite.

Lovely
04-01-2011, 10:45 PM
I hate sleep paralysis.........I had it the other night and I heard voices in my home and movement and I couldn't wake up at all and couldn't move at all. I just try to learn to accept it and basically force myself back to sleep.
Spiritlite.

Creepy . Once I even saw people in my room before. It really
sucks. It's so weird but there's not much one can do about it :(
But hopefully it will just make us stronger :D

Spiritlite
04-01-2011, 11:02 PM
yeah and another time I was sleepign all night on my back and there was a being just watching me, standing over and watching me the entire night sleep I had and I could NOT wake up so again I just forced myself to sleep it's a creeeepy feeling like you said.
Spiritlite

Lovely
04-01-2011, 11:08 PM
yeah and another time I was sleepign all night on my back and there was a being just watching me, standing over and watching me the entire night sleep I had and I could NOT wake up so again I just forced myself to sleep it's a creeeepy feeling like you said.
Spiritlite

Wow that's creepy O_O
On a brighter note
Although I had plenty of very scary ones
I had some pleasant ones. Like once I was dreaming
and someone showed me to how to find out what totem is.
They did it by asking me what my totem was and I woke up
in SP with the feel of an elephants trunk in my arms. But that's like
the closest I got to a pleasant one lol.

GregoryScott
05-01-2011, 01:08 AM
I would come out of meditation at times unable to move. Mine would only last a few seconds then fade. I’m not saying we had the same experience but when I began my path and during deep meditation I would go through what I categorized as a cleansing process; I knew I was being tested. There was an evil presents trying to distract me; mostly in the dream state but twice upon waking up. One of the times he was behind my door and I tried to scream but couldn’t. Another time I saw him standing over me and couldn’t get up. But once this entity saw I was no longer afraid of him it left.
You are SO much more powerful than you think you are. These negative experiences have no influence over you unless you allow it. I do feel for you, I know how scary it can be.

dogninja
05-01-2011, 01:23 AM
Crank up the vibration. fall asleep in it.

MYFIGO
05-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Or is it? After my experience last night, I'm even more sure that it is not always sleep paralysis.

Last night I was doing a healing for someone and quite awake and aware of my surroundings. I felt an energy approach me from within my bedroom (from several feet away) and make its way up my body starting at the feet and rapidly moving as far as my knees. That part of my body felt so heavy, like concrete.

I thought, "Oh no, here it comes again." and was thinking I'd be in for a struggle. I heard voices tell me though, "No, Don't!... send it love."

I was surprised but immediately directed my last inhalation and breathed loving energy to that area. Instantly, the heaviness went away and it felt like the energy broke apart into the tiniest particles and just disappeared. Everything felt light and airy. I was able to relax and finish my healing and spent the night in peace.

Hopefully this method will help someone else. I'm so happy that this worked as it is so miserable to just have to suffer through it.

Lovely
05-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Or is it? After my experience last night, I'm even more sure that it is not always sleep paralysis.

Last night I was doing a healing for someone and quite awake and aware of my surroundings. I felt an energy approach me from within my bedroom (from several feet away) and make its way up my body starting at the feet and rapidly moving as far as my knees. That part of my body felt so heavy, like concrete.

I thought, "Oh no, here it comes again." and was thinking I'd be in for a struggle. I heard voices tell me though, "No, Don't!... send it love."

I was surprised but immediately directed my last inhalation and breathed loving energy to that area. Instantly, the heaviness went away and it felt like the energy broke apart into the tiniest particles and just disappeared. Everything felt light and airy. I was able to relax and finish my healing and spent the night in peace.

Hopefully this method will help someone else. I'm so happy that this worked as it is so miserable to just have to suffer through it.

Wow. Thank you so much for sharing. I never had something like
that. But you never know when it may come in handy :D

Xan
05-01-2011, 02:52 AM
Lovely... If it were me I would talk this over with my spirit guides, and probably ask them for help on the spot.

Xan

star-child
08-01-2011, 01:11 PM
I know the scientific explanation well but wondered if there is a metaphysical or spiritual reason for sleep paralysis? My friend gets sleep paralysis a lot, she says it's like someone is whispering in her ear. She tried to send whatever this was a telepathic message and heard whispering in her ear again which she cannot understand. I feel she has great potential to develop spiritually and I wonder if this is a way for her to be more open to the spirit world etc. Any thoughts?

Felynx
09-01-2011, 01:49 AM
I've gone through these sort of experiences as well, but they've stopped a number of months ago because I was able to connect with myself better and have a better handle on my non-physical connection. Sadly this probably isn't very useful, and I'm not sure how I did it, but I shifted my state of mind and became more comfortable in and out of my body.

MYFIGO
09-01-2011, 09:37 PM
I've gone through these sort of experiences as well, but they've stopped a number of months ago because I was able to connect with myself better and have a better handle on my non-physical connection. Sadly this probably isn't very useful, and I'm not sure how I did it, but I shifted my state of mind and became more comfortable in and out of my body.I think this is very useful. I'm sure that my spiritual growth is directly related to my ability to meet fear head on. Doing so allows me to be comfortable enough to move forward.

Ciqala
09-01-2011, 09:44 PM
when this happens, absorb yourself in love and white light, and repeat affirmations that you are not afraid. It is not an actual fearful experience, that is just how you are reacting, thus conquer the fear. Be fearless, brave, and turn it into a positive experience, learn to be aware, just let it pass.
To stop sleep paralysis, try and force yourself up and awake no matter how exhausted you are, stay awake for a few minutes and change your thought patterns to something else, perhaps read a comforting book. It will help the patterns of sleep paralysis to fade, because if you just wake up temporarily from an episode, then go back to sleep, it will probably happen again.

Felynx
09-01-2011, 11:57 PM
I think this is very useful. I'm sure that my spiritual growth is directly related to my ability to meet fear head on. Doing so allows me to be comfortable enough to move forward.

Im glad that I was able to help in some way. I know how scary sleep paralysis can be.