PDA

View Full Version : What do I do?

Gibbz
04-01-2011, 10:22 AM
For the past two years, I've felt a constant emptiness. I feel like I'm stuck, like my life just stopped. I don't know what to do, the things I dream of doing seem impossible.. I just don't understand my life right now, I guess I haven't for awhile. My relationships feel so empty, so meaningless. I just go through life with no passion. It feels like I keep expecting something to happen, but I don't know what I'm expecting. I've been educating myself about different spiritualities and religions, hoping to find something that will make me feel like there is a purpose for me. I want to feel like I am happy, like I have something to look forward to. This constant searching, for someone to connect with. (Not even talking romantically, just another soul in general.) I feel lonely, even though I am surrounded by people. I have tried to change my outlook on life, but I felt like I was pretending to be content, pretending to have faith. I graduated highschool in June, and the feeling of emptiness has grown even greater. I just feel like it's harder to relate to things.. I can't fully explain it. I just feel like, in the culture that I live in, that I'm expected to have everything planned out and have that typical life that everyone around me has. Go to work, come home, eat and repeat. I just don't see myself in that type of lifestyle. I'm not saying I'm against routine, everything becomes routine, but something that fufills me.

I've wanted to talk to someone wise, who knows what I'm possibly going through, or who can offer me some insight or tell me what to do. I feel like I'm stuck, physically (I'd like to be travelling), but also emotionally and mentally. Help? Guidance? Anything?

Thankyou for those who actually read through that novel, ****.

bbr
04-01-2011, 10:29 AM
I graduated highschool in June, and the feeling of emptiness has grown even greater. I just feel like it's harder to relate to things.. I can't fully explain it.

I feel like I'm stuck, physically (I'd like to be travelling), but also emotionally and mentally. Help? Guidance? Anything?Hi Gibbz. I graduated high school and went traveling/exploring for several years before finally going to college. It made me a more complete person I think. I look at my old-ish friends who never allowed themselves that space and freedom, and generally speaking, they're not the happiest (nor the most open-minded) people one could meet.

I have to say though that things were a bit different back then as one could simply stick out their thumb and hitchhike wherever. Not quite sure how I'd go about it today. Everything is so costly.

Danii-Marie
04-01-2011, 10:41 AM
I think ive felt like that before, not as deep as you've described but i have definitely felt the feeling of why am i here what am i supposed to do where do i go and how.
Perhaps you could try something like yoga, i started yoga didnt like the idea of it at first but it did help, it clears your mind and helps to relax but at the same time it gives you good time to think and workout.
I no its not an answer but could be a good start.
Also try not to look too hard into it as most of the time your bypass the little but important things - which i did alot!! Then when you pick up on the little things the bigger things will follow.
I hope this makes you feel a bit better im sorry its not the hard answer you were probably looking for.
Good Luck x

Greenslade
04-01-2011, 10:42 AM
For the past two years, I've felt a constant emptiness. I feel like I'm stuck, like my life just stopped. I don't know what to do, the things I dream of doing seem impossible.. I just don't understand my life right now, I guess I haven't for awhile. My relationships feel so empty, so meaningless. I just go through life with no passion. It feels like I keep expecting something to happen, but I don't know what I'm expecting. I've been educating myself about different spiritualities and religions, hoping to find something that will make me feel like there is a purpose for me. I want to feel like I am happy, like I have something to look forward to. This constant searching, for someone to connect with. (Not even talking romantically, just another soul in general.) I feel lonely, even though I am surrounded by people. I have tried to change my outlook on life, but I felt like I was pretending to be content, pretending to have faith. I graduated highschool in June, and the feeling of emptiness has grown even greater. I just feel like it's harder to relate to things.. I can't fully explain it. I just feel like, in the culture that I live in, that I'm expected to have everything planned out and have that typical life that everyone around me has. Go to work, come home, eat and repeat. I just don't see myself in that type of lifestyle. I'm not saying I'm against routine, everything becomes routine, but something that fufills me.

I've wanted to talk to someone wise, who knows what I'm possibly going through, or who can offer me some insight or tell me what to do. I feel like I'm stuck, physically (I'd like to be travelling), but also emotionally and mentally. Help? Guidance? Anything?

Been there, done that, still wearing the t-shirt lol. That's about where I am now being brutally honest. When you can't so anything about it, don't do anything. Yep, it gets you mad, it destroys your Soul even though you know you're capable of so much more. The wailing and gnashing of teeth doesn't help neither.

It's like the gear wheels in a machine, they all have to mesh at the right time and in the right place. If you're on a large wheel you have to wait until the smaller one comes round again to mesh properly - and there are usually a few different ones that all need to mesh in sync.

Serenity Bear
04-01-2011, 12:40 PM
There could be a few things going on with you:

It could be a type of depression if you feel hopeless, so if thats the case go see your Dr.

It could be that through this situation you will change, always before a change comes the '****osity' thus giving you the leverage to change.

The last, from personal experience, was the emptiness caused by the lack of self love. It feels like your deeply cold around the inside the the heart/heart chakra. No matter how you mix with others it just doesnt change.

The only way to change this feeling is to give yourself the love you need. This you can do by thinking it into your heart chakra.

Heres how:

Imagine the word love in your head, behind your eyes.

Then let that word travel down your spine to your heart. Let it rest there.

Imagine a new Love word again in your head.

Again let it travel down your spine to your heart.

Repeat this process until you smile.

You can do this as many times a day if you wish, carry on until you smile, or feel a stretching sensation in your chest. Eventually you only need to do this exercise once a day.

Soon you will feel a lovely warm, like a glowing fire, inside, and this is your self love.

This is just the first step in a wonderful journey. Spirit taught me this exercise and I can safely say it changes lives.

Racer X
04-01-2011, 01:49 PM
For the past two years, I've felt a constant emptiness. I feel like I'm stuck, like my life just stopped.

Emptiness......Space.......this is needed before expansion. No Space, No Universe............KNOW SPACE, KNOW UNIVERSE!

I don't know what to do, the things I dream of doing seem impossible.. I just don't understand my life right now, I guess I haven't for awhile. My relationships feel so empty, so meaningless. I just go through life with no passion.

Find your True Passion! It is within "The Undiscovered Self" (Carl Jung)
To connect find a simple meditation practice, then start and end each day in this practice. One suggestion: Mantras & Meditations by The Chopra Center. It is a short series of three meditations on DVD.

It feels like I keep expecting something to happen, but I don't know what I'm expecting. I've been educating myself about different spiritualities and religions, hoping to find something that will make me feel like there is a purpose for me. I want to feel like I am happy, like I have something to look forward to.This constant searching, for someone to connect with. (Not even talking romantically, just another soul in general.) I feel lonely, even though I am surrounded by people.

Most are stuck in their heads and have closed their hearts.......
This is the emptiness you are feeling.
What are you holding onto that is holding back?
Find that......forgive it.......forgive self .......and do nothing, you are trying to hard.

I have tried to change my outlook on life, but I felt like I was pretending to be content, pretending to have faith.

You do not need to "change" the outlook! You need to "change" the idea of pretending.........and find instead.......BEING. This "Being" is already inside of you, meditation.......yoga......mindfulness practices will help you connect to it.

I graduated highschool in June, and the feeling of emptiness has grown even greater. I just feel like it's harder to relate to things.. I can't fully explain it.

You are seeing a kind of collective insanity ......
In the Gospel of Thomas it says "You will first be disturbed" when it comes to finding your SELF. Accept the feelings of disturbance as they will cause you to seek deeper within!

I just feel like, in the culture that I live in, that I'm expected to have everything planned out and have that typical life that everyone around me has. Go to work, come home, eat and repeat.

A dead robot like existence!

I just don't see myself in that type of lifestyle. I'm not saying I'm against routine, everything becomes routine, but something that fufills me.

Good for YOU! :D The world does not need any more robots~!:wink:

You will find some here ......but be careful, deception is abound here too.
Feel free to PM if so moved....

It was not too long a novel.......:smile::smile:

After High School I went through a similar state......
I tried my own advice but failed in standing up to the resistance from those around me.
Later in life I began to re-connect too that advice and this time Let NO ONE stand in the way. They could choose to accept me or not.........

Gibbz
05-01-2011, 05:00 AM
Hi Gibbz. I graduated high school and went traveling/exploring for several years before finally going to college. It made me a more complete person I think. I look at my old-ish friends who never allowed themselves that space and freedom, and generally speaking, they're not the happiest (nor the most open-minded) people one could meet.

I have to say though that things were a bit different back then as one could simply stick out their thumb and hitchhike wherever. Not quite sure how I'd go about it today. Everything is so costly.

It's the money issue. Everything is indeed, so costly. It would take me years and years to save up the amount necessary.

Gibbz
05-01-2011, 05:03 AM
There could be a few things going on with you:

It could be a type of depression if you feel hopeless, so if thats the case go see your Dr.

It could be that through this situation you will change, always before a change comes the '****osity' thus giving you the leverage to change.

The last, from personal experience, was the emptiness caused by the lack of self love. It feels like your deeply cold around the inside the the heart/heart chakra. No matter how you mix with others it just doesnt change.

The only way to change this feeling is to give yourself the love you need. This you can do by thinking it into your heart chakra.

Heres how:

Imagine the word love in your head, behind your eyes.

Then let that word travel down your spine to your heart. Let it rest there.

Imagine a new Love word again in your head.

Again let it travel down your spine to your heart.

Repeat this process until you smile.

You can do this as many times a day if you wish, carry on until you smile, or feel a stretching sensation in your chest. Eventually you only need to do this exercise once a day.

Soon you will feel a lovely warm, like a glowing fire, inside, and this is your self love.

This is just the first step in a wonderful journey. Spirit taught me this exercise and I can safely say it changes lives.

Thankyou. I am going to try to do this everyday, sincerely.
I used to wish and wish that I could feel nothing. Everyday I used to want to just be "numb". I guess I got what I wanted, but not in the way that I wanted. I do agree with you that it is a lack of self-love, all the years of loathing myself has done a number, I guess.. You actually were quite correct in that assumption, I didn't even realise it lol.

Gibbz
05-01-2011, 05:05 AM
It was not too long a novel.......:smile::smile:

After High School I went through a similar state......
I tried my own advice but failed in standing up to the resistance from those around me.
Later in life I began to re-connect too that advice and this time Let NO ONE stand in the way. They could choose to accept me or not.........

I know I need to be patient, and that things will end up working out and to trust that. It just feels like I've been waiting for so long, like all I'm doing is waiting and thinking.

psychoslice
05-01-2011, 05:34 AM
You have to start from somewhere so I would say first realize who you are, I mean who you truly are, also realize that happiness is not found out there somewhere, its found within your Being. Its good to have things out there to play with but they will never give you true happiness, when your still young the ego is trying hard to find something to cling to, many young people find that they need to follow what their friends are doing to feel like their the in crowed. So if you cling to something at this time of your life it will only make it harder in the long run to find true happiness or Realization, Realizing who you truly are is the only way out of your suffering.

NightSpirit
05-01-2011, 06:26 AM
I do think life is a little more complicated these days because we have so much more freedom in choices. In my day, our field was far narrower and therefore less complicated. Leave school, get a job or trade, get married and have a family. We knew nothing more, so were quite happy in these choices.

Now the young set have opportunity, or even expected to, further education to a later age. When this part is complete, youngins seem to enjoy the freedom of many avenues to pursue before committing to settling down and I feel this is where the confusion lies. Too many choices....peer pressure...the intellectual skills, but very few life skills. Its even harder when you have no particular passions to pursue.

I don't have any suggestions for you, other then to stay open to all opportunities that come your way. Try different things out, so at least you can eliminate what you don't like. This can help you focus more on what you might like.
Cheers.

Emmalevine
05-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Psychoslice speaks good sense. I went through a similar time 2-3 years ago and was diagnosed with depression. I had this for well over a year and I didn't see the point of life or relationships or anything. I wanted to seek meaning but their didn't appear to be any. One day I was reading about Buddhist mindfulness and the penny dropped - the meaning wasn't found outside of me, it has to come within. It took a while but I began to let go of expectations on the outside and appreciate just BEING who I was; an expression of the whole at a certain point in Earth time. If I wanted meaning, I could create it. It could only radiate from within me. I guess I connected with my inner being and felt dependent on nothing or no one else for a sense of happiness or purpose. I'm now living more spiritually, creativity and independently, accepting emotions and thoughts as they arise and letting them go - and my depression has not been with me for two years.

chinu
07-01-2011, 12:02 PM

Do you want to see god ?

Do you want salvation from this false world ?

My Opnion: What you will do here in this false world.

_/\_Chinu.

NightSpirit
07-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Do you want to see god ?

Do you want salvation from this false world ?

My Opnion: What you will do here in this false world.

_/\_Chinu.

Sorry, but I disagree. IMO...this world is only as false as one's belief that it is false....hmmm...

chinu
07-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Sorry, but I disagree. IMO...this world is only as false as one's belief that it is false....hmmm...
What about this post, is this false, or true,
I just think that it for somebody not everybody,

_/\_Chinu.

Gem
07-01-2011, 12:09 PM
What is false? What is real? hehehehe.

NightSpirit
07-01-2011, 12:09 PM
What about this post, is this false, or true,
I just think that it for somebody not everybody,

_/\_Chinu.

You're exactly right Chinu :wink:

NightSpirit
07-01-2011, 12:13 PM
I stand corrected...and am not opposed to saying so :D

chinu
07-01-2011, 12:39 PM
What is false?
False is your hehehehe and what you are thinking real.
What is real?
Real is what i have written above.

_/\_Chinu.